• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
.23% of the playerbase had killed Heroic Garrosh in March accordingg to mmo-champ, and the only 'nerf' he's received is the recent valor upgrade. Plenty of people playing to kill him on Heroic.

Yeah, if you haven't killed it by now, it's not gonna happen.

H-LK only took like 4 or 5 weeks or something, and my guild was bad. I didn't even stick around for collecting invincibles I had enough of it.

37 weeks of farming is gruesome, I can't imagine how people put up with it. There's not much reason to be subbed right now, it's just encouraging them to not release expansions faster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

H-LK only took like 4 or 5 weeks or something, and my guild was bad. I didn't even stick around for collecting invincibles I had enough of it.

37 weeks of farming is gruesome, I can't imagine how people put up with it. There's not much reason to be subbed right now, it's just encouraging them to not release expansions faster.

Where is that logic from? The guild I'm currently in killed Heroic Garrosh only a month ago. Even if they didn't have the screwup transition to 25 back to 10 it would've been mid April. Carbonated's guild's main raid team only killed Heroic Garrosh last week. But now we kill him every week with ease. While the other 'major' guild on our server has only been able to kill Garrosh once.

The guild I was in before this just downed Thok and are progressing on Siegecrafter now.

ampere

I guess it's more homogenization or whatever, but I would really enjoy Blood tanking more if they were all death runes.

Yeah it'd get pretty boring that way lol. Your resource would basically become combo points that regenerated slowly and via RP spending. Gotta be some gameplay to the runes you have.

Caught an Unborn Val'kyr at this unearthly early hour. Only took like 10 minutes to find one, thank goodness.

I really need to go looking again. It's a little overwhelming that they spawn all over Northrend!

Not true at all, they just released additional item upgrades (a nerf essentially), and a lot of guild don't raid that many hours so they are gradually progressing.

Regarding H LK kills... the first kill of Heroic Lich King 25 was Mar 26, 2010 by Paragon.
They killed Putricide on Feb 12, 2010, so Heroic Lich King took about 6 weeks on Paragon's schedule and it was with the 5% buff. World 16 kill was Apr 29, 2010 by CUTIES ONLY. I talked to a Rogue in CUTIES ONLY and he said progression was 15+ hours a day of raiding and he barely got any sleep. Kill number 50 was May 24, 2010, two months after Paragon. If you guys really killed it in "4 or 5 weeks" you must have been raiding a grueling schedule and been a world top guild at the time. Nothing wrong with that, but it's obtuse to act like that means everyone who kills bosses at a slower pace should just quit.

My source is admittedly old 3rd party data and is not always going to be 100% accurate, but for top kills it should be reliable. http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier10_25

That being said, I got pretty burned out from raiding SoO every week months ago. Ideally for me a tier will be about as long as Throne of Thunder was.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My WoW guild is still progressing along. We've had some attendance issues the past couple of weeks which may get worse now that I am playing sports on two of our three raid nights. We're working on Thok right now and believe we will get him on Sunday night. I have concerns about us getting to Garrosh. Some of our DPS need to step up their game. We had our Disc Priest go Shadow on Malk last night and he was like 3rd in DPS (only beat by our Warlock and our Prot Warrior who solos the blood rage). Myself and our other good DPS (Mage) were not around.

Curious - is anyone going to play Wildstar? I tried it out during some of the beta period but I just couldn't get into it. Not really a fan of that combat system.

Ultratech

That being said, I got pretty burned out from raiding SoO every week months ago. Ideally for me a tier will be about as long as Throne of Thunder was.

Yeah, after I finally got Normal beat sometime back, I lost a lot of motivation to go back in there.
I really haven't been doing much at all lately.
(That and Diablo is pretty addicting.)

The only real goals I got left until WoD is completing CMs and the ToT Meta Achievement.

witness

Just watched the new episode of Azeroth choppers and they turned out great. I ended up voting for the alliance one just because I'm sure they won't win. That horde bike looks incredible, and those shoulder pad fender flares look amazing. I'm sure they'll put them both in the game now matter how the voting turns out.

Both of the bikes looked great. Voted for Alliance because the Horde is going to win anyway.
Curious - is anyone going to play Wildstar? I tried it out during some of the beta period but I just couldn't get into it. Not really a fan of that combat system.
I've been in the beta since last May and I like the game but I can't seem to get hooked. The combat is great, I love the art style, and the animations are top notch. Just for some reason I get bored after an hour or two. Farthest I've gotten on a character is to level 14. I hope the game is a success though.

RPGCrazied

Pains me to say this, but I love the alliance aesthetic better. I don't like the tank treads on either bike, but the silver/gold armor plating on the alliance looks awesome. I'm a traitor I guess.

I voted alliance!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
alliance01.jpg

horde02.jpg

hur dur dur guise which one do you think will win?

I don't even want the Alliance bike on my Alliance characters, give me the Horde bike.

Ultratech

Voted for Horde bike because Horde bike is superior.

Not a fan of the treads at all, though.

Eh...I think they sorta work on the Horde bike.

Looks goofy as hell on the Alliance one though. Especially that front one.

But yeah, Horde bike looks much better.

Oh and I finally got Life and Death to drop today. Took over a month to acquire. One of the coolest sword models in-game IMO.

Aww yeah, Fish Sword!

Naxx (and the rest of that Tier) has some pretty neat weapon models.

LOL got kicked from a flex run because the tanks are stupid. Was in a group doing 25 man flex Garrosh. We were suppose to ignore adds in both phase 2 and 3, but the off tank kept tanking them on top of Garrosh. I got kicked because I was hitting them with Living Bomb exploding, my cape, and a glyph.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
http://wod.wowhead.com/news=240843/wod-build-18332-spell-changes-achievements-toybox-items-and-more
Toybox List
Moonfang's Paw, Warning Sign, Ash-Covered Horn, Foot Ball, The Pigskin, Crashin' Thrashin' Flyer Controller, Eternal Kiln, Blackflame Daggers, Rime of the Time-Lost Mariner, Odd Polished Stone, Cursed Swabby Helmet, Celestial Defender's Medallion, Time-Lost Artifact, Censer of Eternal Agony, Gastropod Shell, Shado-Pan Geyser Gun, Sunreaver Beacon, Kirin Tor Beacon, Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger, Survivor's Bag of Coins, Dark Portal, Safari Hat, Darkmoon Whistle, Foot Ball, The Pigskin, Pandaren Brewpack, Gin-Ji Knife Set, Everlasting Horde Firework, Mini Mana Bomb, Honorary Brewmaster Keg, Nat's Fishing Chair, Helpful Wikky's Whistle, Hozen Beach Ball, Magic Banana, Essence of the Breeze, Ai-Li's Skymirror, Pandaren Firework Launcher, Panflute of Pandaria, Hardened Shell, Salyin Battle Banner, Aqua Jewel, Farwater Conch, Overgrown Lilypad, Eternal Warrior's Sigil, Rod of Ambershaping, Chalice of Secrets, Shard of Archstone, Kang's Bindstone, Mr. Smite's Brass Compass, Battle Horn, Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm, Demon Hunter's Aspect, Spurious Sarcophagus, Magical Ogre Idol, Little Wickerman, Mushroom Chair, Green Balloon, Kalytha's Haunted Locket, Grim Campfire, Stave of Fur and Claw, Pendant of the Scarab Storm, Wisp Amulet, Bones of Transformation, The Innkeeper's Daughter, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, Blessing of the Old God, The Last Relic of Argus, Arrival of the Naaru, Kaldorei Wind Chimes, Chalice of the Mountain Kings, Druid and Priest Statue Set, Highborne Soul Mirror, Darkspear Pride, Ethereal Portal, Sylvanas' Music Box, Jaina's Locket, Muradin's Favor, Carved Ogre Idol, Perpetual Purple Firework, Argent Crusader's Tabard, MiniZep Controller, Rituals of the New Moon, Rituals of the New Moon, Rituals of the New Moon, Rituals of the New Moon, Rituals of the New Moon, Titanium Seal of Dalaran, The Schools of Arcane Magic - Mastery, Iron Boot Flask, The Flag of Ownership, D.I.S.C.O., Direbrew's Remote, Super Simian Sphere, Paper Flying Machine Kit, Romantic Picnic Basket, Fishing Chair, Murloc Costume, Time-Lost Figurine, Blessed Medallion of Karabor, Picnic Basket, Dimensional Ripper - Area 52, Elune's Lantern, Frostwolf Battle Standard, Stormpike Battle Standard, Dimensional Ripper - Everlook, Orb of Deception

toy box.

Only have a common one, can't find a rare one :(

Mine was uncommon. Would definitely spend a stone on it though. Rare enough as is without flying all over Northrend hoping to get a rare quality one. Same deal with the Minfernal.

Thank. God. Lots of good stuff in there. Skymirror! Argent Crusader's Tabard! Titanium Seal of Dalaran! Super Simian Sphere!

Still missing some things I was thinking of though, like Burgy Blackhart's Hat, and other "wearable" ones like my Hook of the Master Angler, but I'm sure it's still preliminary.

-----

And I gotta have a shoutout to Dragonzord (again?) for the heads up on Invisibility Potions. Can easily make several thousand gold a day for a minimum of effort (less than an hour) just from having that rare recipe from people buying them up for Challenge Mode runs. People buying them must be sellers so they're racking in 5 to six figures worth of gold from a run anyway, so 400g or so a stack is not much to them. Certain to only ramp up as 6.0 draws nearer and people rush to get CMs done before then.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I recently resubbed after a long hiatus since wrath. I briefly played cataclysm at the end of the expansion. I boosted a druid to 90 do I could try gearing it up and start raiding or level my warrior, lock, or priest from 85. Will need to find a group but at least Illidan US is active.

I wonder if that will stack with Valor of the Ancients. Or if it'll let you go over cap (unlikely). If I could get past Test of Valor in less than 3 weeks, I definitely would start doing the cloak on more of my alts.

But the buff will only be around for that limited time frame? Seems kinda random.

They want some of the Diablo pie. Reactions from the XP/Legendary buffs there were huge.

Milennia

someone on mmo champ is claiming the alpha servers are coming up, yet they can't yet log in.

it may or may not be happening right now.

someone on mmo champ is claiming the alpha servers are coming up, yet they can't yet log in.

it may or may not be happening right now.

Through the grapevine but:

My GM posted on our private forums that a source informed him that closed beta should be out soonish: "Same source that told me that we would see the nerf in 4 weeks (who was correct) just told me to have my system specs updated by Tuesday if I wanted to get in on the first batch of WoD Closed beta invites."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom