• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Made the switch to a pvp server not too long ago. Was kind enough not to gank lowbies because I thought that was dumb.

Then I started to level my DK. Needless to say, I no longer give lowbies a free pass on my Shaman. The cycle continues.

Berordn

Made the switch to a pvp server not too long ago. Was kind enough not to gank lowbies because I thought that was dumb.

Then I started to level my DK. Needless to say, I no longer give lowbies a free pass on my Shaman. The cycle continues.

It seems cruel and strange until you're worn down by them.

Then the camping begins.

On your main or all chars combined? I should be close to 350-360k combined

Combined on one server. Have some pocket change on other servers. My main is holding 133k right now. I do a lot of auctioning on characters other than my main and don't move money around unless I need to.

Hellfire Peninsula is basically the new Hillsbrad Foothills. Just non stop ganking. The rest of Outland isn't quite as bad but probably still worse than all of pre-60 except for Northern Barrens and Blasted Lands. Northrend isn't anywhere as bad as Outland.

mclem

Yeah, if you haven't killed it by now, it's not gonna happen.

H-LK only took like 4 or 5 weeks or something, and my guild was bad. I didn't even stick around for collecting invincibles I had enough of it.

37 weeks of farming is gruesome, I can't imagine how people put up with it. There's not much reason to be subbed right now, it's just encouraging them to not release expansions faster.

We're playing on hard mode. Not heroic, the real hard mode. The hard mode where there's people who need something explaining to them three times minimum before they get it. The mode where we have a player who *actually* has mild brain damage and have to take that into account. The mode where you need multiple lines of backup in the event of failure, because you can assume failure will come at some point.

Some people play a football management sim picking their favourite, Champions-League capable team; Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich. I don't. I'm the sort of player who picks the likes of Woking or Lincoln City. It's easy to be a superhero. The real challenge comes from taking a team with the odds against them and still grinding out victories. It's tough, it requires endurance, it's not for everyone. And it doesn't result in quick kills.

I'm not a horde player but that horde bike looks SICK.

In another news, had a lot of friends tell me they aren't coming back for WoD because of the LFR changes. Including a few folks from GAF. Wonder if this is going to bite blizzard in the ass.

mclem

I'm not a horde player but that horde bike looks SICK.

In another news, had a lot of friends tell me they aren't coming back for WoD because of the LFR changes. Including a few folks from GAF. Wonder if this is going to bite blizzard in the ass.

I'm not quite sure why such people don't just... not play LFR.

It was a guarrante drop for the shaman class right, it drops only in flex and upper difficulties?

Well... I can only go off my own experiences on Normal and sometimes it didn't even drop then. But that's really sad that it's been like this for sometime and just now they're fixing it.

GG Blizz.

ampere

So. Much. Bag. Space. Freed.

Although that is a slightly shorter list than I was anticipating. Where's, say, the Golden Banana?

I wonder if the list isn't complete at the moment.

Yeah that thing is glorious... I don't think the list is complete, it's not even beta yet.

They also confirmed that it's only one chance a week, regardless of difficulty. Though it does make me laugh and think back to all my tickets of fucked drop rate and want to say, 'yeah sure it's not bugged. like how the flex kor'kron treasure wasn't bugged.'

To be fair, the GMs probably don't have the kind of coding expertise to determine if it's a bug.

It was a guarrante drop for the shaman class right, it drops only in flex and upper difficulties?

No, not guaranteed. Some % drop chance, can probably find it on Wowhead.

strafer

GaB9EvL.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what I'm happy about in MoP? Outside of a few mobs, they got rid of the 'flying mobs that aggro while you're flying' bullshit.

I'm doing Northrend now on my DK and I can NOT go afk because I'll either get pats on the ground or pats in the air.

Fjordson

Whoa, I got Fist of Molten Fury for transmog from Hyjal. This looks amazing! Need to get a second fist weapon now from SoO.

The proto-drake is one of my favourite mount types ever in WoW, but I'm getting a little tired of any sort of dragon mount.

I want more Mimiron's Head / Kor'kron juggernaut type stuff. Just weird mechanical ones.

Tusks of Mannoroth dropped for the first time on Tuesday after 38 weeks

I would spend ALL THE DKP.

By the way, one of our tanks ranked 8 on Heroic Sha of Pride tonight. New Enhance shaman was like 45. The padding is real.

We cleared through Iron Jugg up to Shamans, which isn't bad for a night that started half an hour to 45 minutes late due to server shits.

Peachpies

I would spend ALL THE DKP.

By the way, one of our tanks ranked 8 on Heroic Sha of Pride tonight. New Enhance shaman was like 45. The padding is real.

We cleared through Iron Jugg up to Shamans, which isn't bad for a night that started half an hour to 45 minutes late due to server shits.
well we dont use dkp and all the plate users were gone but our tank so she got them

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've finally decided that I hate alts and won't be messing with them come Warlords. I love my Shaman, but I've run out of things to do outside of raiding, really. So I started leveling a Blood DK. It was fun but all I could think about was how I could be getting gold on my shaman, how I could be grinding rep, how I could be doing this or that. And even if I didn't have anything to do on my Shaman, I want to go do stuff outside of WoW, so I don't risk burning myself out on alts.

Not to mention the whole aspect of having an alt and doing a raid and seeing something you need on an alt. That's the worst part. also:
image-3-full.jpg

Has anyone had any luck pre-ordering Warlords through Gamestop? I have ~$60 on a gift card and was considering using it, but I wasn't sure if I would get my level 90 code at the time of pre-order, or if the pre-order is even for digital.

witness

Man the servers are awful this morning. Massive lag spikes. Now seems like the MoP servers are down, can't log into any of those characters in Pandaria but anywhere else is fine.

Ultratech

Man the servers are awful this morning. Massive lag spikes. Now seems like the MoP servers are down, can't log into any of those characters in Pandaria but anywhere else is fine.

Yeah, sounds like everyone's having issues all around.

Seems like Bnet's borked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom