• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1 dungeon mount run from the total!

U6SzP05.png

wbRubxp.png

Two mount drops in one week.....I feel good

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm not a horde player but that horde bike looks SICK.

In another news, had a lot of friends tell me they aren't coming back for WoD because of the LFR changes. Including a few folks from GAF. Wonder if this is going to bite blizzard in the ass.

LFR is what was biting them in the ass.

Do the entire raid in a month and tickle that same part of the brain that makes you feel accomplished, regardless of whether you actually did the fight or just stood there.

It gives the carrot from the stick far too easily, and it makes the normal/heroic raiders burn out and get bored of repetitive runs since it's an extra raid they feel they have to run every week, hence the removal of the only reason those people were running it: the set bonuses.

Has anyone here tanked CM's as a Blood dk? Is avoidance specc decent or should I go on full mastery?

We're not really aiming for realms best just ordinary runs aiming for gold

ampere

I did Yogg 25 no light solo yesterday and Yogg died as I died. He appeared to be lootable, but when I released and came back his corpse was gone.

feelsbadman.

Has anyone here tanked CM's as a Blood dk? Is avoidance specc decent or should I go on full mastery?

We're not really aiming for realms best just ordinary runs aiming for gold

When I did em it was hit and expertise capped (expertise doesn't really need hardcap for Blood DK since spells cap at 7.5% of each and Death Strike can't be parried) and then mastery, but that was before they added riposte.

Tusks of Mannoroth dropped for the first time on Tuesday after 38 weeks

Those should probably have been legendary just because. Didn't need more stats or a proc, but as rare as they seem to be, might as well have orange font.

Got H: Nazgrim down (progression kill) tonight in like two pulls. Few mediocre attempts on Malk. That fight's gonna be a bitch.

No loot for me this week. Hopefully next week finally drops something.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
My 12 year old monitor broke down a few days ago, and currently I'm playing on my tv (1360 × 768). It's in 16:9 aspect ratio, and as I'm playing in 640 x 480 (4:3) the image becomes stretched and quite blurry. Made raiding very difficult, especially on Galakras. Could barely see the mobs. I'll get a new monitor next week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time someone 90 kills my alts while I'm questing, I'm just going to come back and kill double that number in Allies on my Shaman. When will they understand that?

Dot50Cal

Banned
We got H Siegecrafter to 19% tonight. Our best attempt yet! But tonight was my final raid night, I'm burnt to a crisp on this raid tier. It feels like such a weight is off me now. I unsubbed and will soon enjoy a wow-less life for a while.

The raid team was pretty disappointed that I'm not sticking it out, which is understandable. But we've been raiding since SoO launched, almost 6 months ago now(?). Its just too long.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We got H Siegecrafter to 19% tonight. Our best attempt yet! But tonight was my final raid night, I'm burnt to a crisp on this raid tier. It feels like such a weight is off me now. I unsubbed and will soon enjoy a wow-less life for a while.

The raid team was pretty disappointed that I'm not sticking it out, which is understandable. But we've been raiding since SoO launched, almost 6 months ago now(?). Its just too long.

SoO came out in September, so it's been more like 9 months now. :\

ampere

Yeah it's been a long time. Glad I took a break from it for awhile

Apped to a Horde guild (sacrilege I know!!) that I guy I used to raid with is in and I got accepted. I trial next week. I'm not really dying to do more SoO, but I really wanted to find a new 2 nights/week Mythic raiding home for Warlords and now seems like a good time to try out. They're looking for a new tank which works great for me :). Gotta put my game face on and earn a spot.

Now I have to decide what race to roll... might just stay Pandaren. Not that familiar with Horde race Monk animations.

witness

Got the DK to almost 89 over the weekend and am switching back and forth between frost and unholy. Got my shaman to almost 86 as well. I'm gonna just focus on my DK until he gets to 90, has quite a few 496 timeless pieces that I got on my warlock just waiting for him. Earned a few LFR upgrades on my warlock, boots, ring, and shoulders and I feel pretty content with him now. Might park him for a little bit while I get my two main alts to 90 and then get them geared.

Got 5 90's so far. Now what to level the level 86 mage or lvl 86 warlock?

I ended up focusing on the Warlock as my primary alt (550+ iLevel now, has cloak) while leaving my Mage in the dust. But they're both caster DPS in the same vein, compared to say, Shadow Priest which plays quite differently (less fun). At least comparing Destro to Arcane/Fire. I don't think you can really go wrong with one or the other.

strafer

I'm tempted to go back to my Warlock, all my rep I've been farming over the years. I wish that stuff would be global for all horde characters.

Oh well. :(

Got 5 90's so far. Now what to level the level 86 mage or lvl 86 warlock?

Mage is more brain dead than Warlock.
Personally I haven't enjoyed playing a Warlock since Cataclysm.

I just finished making 12 more Royal Satchels. At last count that puts me close to 100 crafted total. I'm never going to make Imperial Silk ever again.

Salamando

Given the option between playing in the Warlords beta and playing Wildstar, I'd rather play Wildstar.

Unless you're competing for something and need to practice strats, I'll never get spending so much time in a beta, only for all that progress to be wiped. Only thing a beta means is there's 4-5 months before I can actually play the game.

Milennia

Given the option between playing in the Warlords beta and playing Wildstar, I'd rather play Wildstar.

Unless you're competing for something and need to practice strats, I'll never get spending so much time in a beta, only for all that progress to be wiped. Only thing a beta means is there's 4-5 months before I can actually play the game.

the beta is where high end class theorycrafters test all there is to test.
its what tells us how to play our class on live so we aren't stranded in the middle of nowhere when the expansion hits, not having a clue how to play on our changes.

also the testing etc. is important to them passively.

we test class changes and dungeons/raid encounters, and give our feedback.
its pretty important in terms of shaping the expansion as a whole.

especially the damn boss testing man... always a shit show and then we still get buggy ass bosses that can't be progressed on until they are patched, but those issues normally don't pop up in testing, which is odd.

look what happened to the bosses that weren't tested either properly or for any significant amount of time, ra den etc. sinestra, tons of them.
guilds of any high caliber provide this important feedback, most of the start is built before and after testing, you have maybe an hour or so to try 2- 3 strats that you had in mind, but since the bosses are either overturned or bugged, the feedback comes first.

The buggy, broken Heroic-only boss encounters are part of the charm :p

Personally I liked the Algalon approach - 1 hour to work on him each week.

I'm looking forward to seeing profession changes/garrisons so I can properly speculate on that. Wouldn't mind testing dungeon/raid encounters as well if I actually get in. Haven't been in a WoW beta before, even though I've done D3, Starcraft, and Hearthstone.

IIRC raid encounters are tested completely separately from the open beta. Dungeon bosses, questing, world geometry, network testing, etc seem to be the focuses otherwise. I remember during the Cata beta how many dungeons were outright broken because of the weird movement mechanics in places like throne of the tides and vortex pinnacle.

Tamanon

Banned
I just want to get in there to see how my mage and monk feels. I have 90s for each class but rogue, so trying to think if I'm changing.

Milennia

IIRC raid encounters are tested completely separately from the open beta. Dungeon bosses, questing, world geometry, network testing, etc seem to be the focuses otherwise. I remember during the Cata beta how many dungeons were outright broken because of the weird movement mechanics in places like throne of the tides and vortex pinnacle.

they are tested in windows, very limited windows.
usually at shitty times and out of nowhere.

i think i have been apart of every 10-25m raid test since t11 lol, almost always have at least 3 broken encounters that don't even progress far enough to get a grip on.

Fjordson

Ugh, so tempting buy my shit job only gives me enough hours to make $50 a week..its either that mount and preorder and eat ramen noodles and eggs for 2 weeks...
Eh. Keep that shit for food imo. The mount is cool, but everyone has it (at least on my server). Might as well be a 5 gold starter mount at this point.

Can always pre-order later on if you still really want it.

mclem

Some people can only do that much. I'm pretty much one of them. We had this discussion like 10 pages back or so I believe.

I'm wondering if there's a notable contingent for whom LFR is regarded as a comfort zone, if you like; people don't venture out of it because they genuinely do not believe that they're able to, when they'd actually be absolutely fine in Flex, and with the increased raid-finding capabilities in WoD, getting hold of a Flex raid should be within their capabilities.

That is, I do wonder if the problem is actually partially psychological; lack of belief in being able to make the step forwards even though they're able but don't realise it. I may have said this a few pages back, too!

Milennia

I'm wondering if there's a notable contingent for whom LFR is regarded as a comfort zone, if you like; people don't venture out of it because they genuinely do not believe that they're able to, when they'd actually be absolutely fine in Flex, and with the increased raid-finding capabilities in WoD, getting hold of a Flex raid should be within their capabilities.

That is, I do wonder if the problem is actually partially psychological; lack of belief in being able to make the step forwards even though they're able but don't realise it. I may have said this a few pages back, too!

There are some amazing players that are in lackluster progression guilds that dont app to hugh end guilds simply because they are intimidated.

Thats why you see a ton of poaching these days (and as of mop), if we come to them, showing that we arent elitest turds (most of the high end guilds arent, contrary to most beliefs), then we have a recruit.

Making these players comfortable is the initial challenge.

Finding the talent, then reassuring them that we arent raging assholes that will eat your soul for fucking up once in a blue moon.

During progress, its a different story, but even then you wouldnt get raged at, being sat for the encounter what will generally happen, and that wont be after 1 mistake either.

Recruitment is at a stand still either way for most of us at this point anyway though, they just wont come to us.
Being on a massively high pop server helps, but the apps we get from people on the server are duds, all of them.
The other apps have been just as bad tbh, even the ones that are coming from other top guilds are duds.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We killed Thok on Sunday night and are onto Blackfuse. We've extended our lockout. Our raid leader thinks we can get it this week. We raid 3 nights a week for 3-3.5 hours. I think we might be able to do it. We did maybe 3-5 attempts on Sunday after Thok, we still have some learning to do on the belts. We barely got past the first wave most times.

Anyone on US Horde want to help me with ICC 25? Doing Shadowmourne shards + Been Waiting a Long Time for This (last one I need for mount this week). Got stuck at gunship cause it turns out I can't solo it (or Valithria). Mount open roll.

Sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom