• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Absent?! I'm active as hell :( (just not in the places I used to be)!

witness

Got 3/4 of the way through 89 on my DK just playing a few hours last night. It's crazy how fast and easy leveling was in MoP even though you couldn't fly. Should hit 90 tonight and start to get him geared, already have 4 pieces of timeless gear for him. Enhance shammy is next, he's almost 86 now. Then I'll decide just who will be my main through WoD because I will not skip around between my 3, or 4 if I get back to playing my 87 ret pally, level 90s when WoD is released.

I'm wondering if there's a notable contingent for whom LFR is regarded as a comfort zone, if you like; people don't venture out of it because they genuinely do not believe that they're able to, when they'd actually be absolutely fine in Flex, and with the increased raid-finding capabilities in WoD, getting hold of a Flex raid should be within their capabilities.

That is, I do wonder if the problem is actually partially psychological; lack of belief in being able to make the step forwards even though they're able but don't realise it. I may have said this a few pages back, too!

For me, and the folks that I'm talking to, it's a time issue. It's not a psychological issue. I've been in big raiding guilds, raided content when it was current, done progression etc. I have a wife and a kid, so I can't commit to raiding three days a week. I'm really hoping the new raid finder for flex at least works similar to LFR so I can make some sort of progression and can do it on my own time since my play time is erratic.

ampere

For me, and the folks that I'm talking to, it's a time issue. It's not a psychological issue. I've been in big raiding guilds, raided content when it was current, done progression etc. I have a wife and a kid, so I can't commit to raiding three days a week. I'm really hoping the new raid finder for flex at least works similar to LFR so I can make some sort of progression and can do it on my own time since my play time is erratic.

It's supposed to be region wide, so there should be a large pool of players using it and if it's as good as it sounds... should fit your needs nicely.

It's definitely a mix of what mclem said and you are saying. A lot of players can't commit time to raiding, and a lot of players have never done it and are maybe a little shy of it. Who knows what the ratios would be, though I'd love to take a crack at analyzing some of the data Blizzard has on it!

ampere

They're getting rid of Readiness THANK GOD.

Hated that stat (from a tank PoV). Already complained about it (with reasons) to Celestalon on twitter a lot so glad to see it gone.

It's replaced by Versatility, which increases all damage, healing and absorbs and makes you take less damage. Slightly 'boring' stat, but not awful like Readiness.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm not sure how I feel about these new stats. Loot is almost looking diablo'ish, and is (my favorite term) artificially inflating end game where the chances of getting your true best in slot gear is minimized because of the rarity of getting an item that has Versatility and Move Speed on it, or whatever.

And I think Versatility is pretty boring as a stat.

Berordn

Yeah, kinda. It's amplify that doesn't depend on your other secondaries, it scales on its own.

Boring stat, but I really just disliked Readiness.

I just think it's kind of telling that we've reached the point where we have a stat that just makes you "do stuff better." I didn't like readiness that much either, but I'm not sure how I feel about the new stats currently.

But I think I've looped back to the part of the cycle where I don't see why we need to change what isn't completely broken, so maybe I'm just biased against any sort of change right now.

So I pugged people from trade to finish my ICC lockout this week. Got 7 Shards! 8/50 now.

Still gonna take like a month and a half minimum to finish Shadowmourne if other weeks are as good.

Still need to do Been Waiting a Long Time For This sometime for the mount, but I'm sure I'll find space somewhere.

So they're going to retire the Guardian Cub... which is interesting given it was a one-off of a pet you could buy and potentially sell. Wonder if they'll try that again.

On a completely other topic... any rumours going around regarding the 10th anniversary? I'm really curious if they'll have anything special for those who have been around the whole time.

Peachpies

So they're going to retire the Guardian Cub... which is interesting given it was a one-off of a pet you could buy and potentially sell. Wonder if they'll try that again.

On a completely other topic... any rumours going around regarding the 10th anniversary? I'm really curious if they'll have anything special for those who have been around the whole time.
Warlords of Draenor pre-pratch

I might have to buy one of those off the AH now. I'm sure people will stock up before it's taken off the store, but over time the price will increase.

ampere

Versatility is really bad because it will benefit some classes more than others and should really just be removed.

It definitely benefits the tanking role over all others I think. Tanks regularly deal damage, heal and take damage, so all three uses are frequently used.

Dawg

yes03km7.png

not-the-father-o.gif

RPGCrazied

Do they ever invite people to Alpha other than friends and family?

And gosh, just the Alpha is starting? Man, this isn't going to come out until Christmas is it?

Peachpies

Do they ever invite people to Alpha other than friends and family?

And gosh, just the Alpha is starting? Man, this isn't going to come out until Christmas is it?
The "friends and family" alpha was already going, one thing they specifically mentioned wanting to have done before expanding it was integrating garrisons into the leveling experience so presumably they have gotten that working. And right now they are only testing the horde starting area.

Bought a 20 stack of living steel for 5k (250g each), selling belt buckles for 479g each (or about 230g profit, ~210g probably after AH cut.)

Buckle price is so inflated because the market was reset last night when none were up.

/woweconomics

So I logged into the alpha test servers and I was greeted by this...

pOOQlFo.png

That is a rather large, rather dapper Tauren.

For those curious, the alpha is currently limited to horde only, so not sure how much use a PVP gear guy is.

(edit) Couldn't find my way to the new area with my existing character, so I made a new one which drops you directly into the starting area. Here are some pics.

This is what they spit me out with from the character creator.

Zone intro weapons showing off the sexy new squished item values (these are level 90 equivalent blues)

The story so far, no introduction videos, this is all you get before going on your merry way.

That highlight thing is atrocious.

You can disable it from the options menu (as well as choose from several different options, if no one has done so, I'll post them tomorrow)

(edit) Annnnd world server is down. Guess this is as good as time as any to really go to bed then and pray for stabler servers in the morning.

Acidote

Did all my challenge mode golds tonight with guild!

I've done all but three of them in a couple of days, found them way easier than I thought they would be. Brewery was the only one we had to repeat, all other were done in the first try. I'm only missing Jade Serpent, one wing of Scarlet Monastery and Shado-pan.

I've done all but three of them in a couple of days, found them way easier than I thought they would be. Brewery was the only one we had to repeat, all other were done in the first try. I'm only missing Jade Serpent, one wing of Scarlet Monastery and Shado-pan.

Those shouldn't be too bad.

Thinking I'll do em again on my Warlock alt and maybe a Druid (that I'm currently leveling) eventually. I like those two sets. None of the other sets/classes interest me as much.

Acidote

I'm actually doing them with my shaman not for the rewards, but to help a friend. I find the shaman tier atrocious.

Dawg

I finally have Invincible.

Well, not really. Alpha premades have all the mounts. Feels so great.

Makes my main feel like a noob ;_;

ampere

You can disable it from the options menu (as well as choose from several different options, if no one has done so, I'll post them tomorrow)

(edit) Annnnd world server is down. Guess this is as good as time as any to really go to bed then and pray for stabler servers in the morning.

You're a bastard for getting into alpha! But a kind one for sharing pictures with us :)

I think colored outlines like that can be really distracting and don't really add anything to a game like WoW.

I think they said it's only for quest NPCs and similar things. If it's optional it's OK, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it either.

I finally have Invincible.

Well, not really. Alpha premades have all the mounts. Feels so great.

Makes my main feel like a noob ;_;

"If it's called invincible how come I can see it?"

I'd like to share screens too but they don't show up in the screens folder if I use prt screen :(

I just use my default capturing program (bandicam).

Also, just to be clear this isn't friends and family, F&F is usually under NDA. Blizzard has been opening testing earlier and earlier to the public (early beta HS, Tech Alpha Heroes, Alpha RoS, etc).

Fjordson

The new areas in WoD look so great. Trying not to watch too much of livestreams, but I wish this shit was about to come out.

Also, I kinda like the colored outline stuff from what I've seen in screenshots/streams.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man, I thought this alpha was 'further along than previous alphas'... and at this point it's being slowly accessible to the general public I am getting more and more concerned with the timelines till WoD releases...

Man, I thought this alpha was 'further along than previous alphas'... and at this point it's being slowly accessible to the general public I am getting more and more concerned with the timelines till WoD releases...

Me as well... I'm not sure how they'll get it out by year's end when they are still testing progression on a single race at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom