• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

Man, I thought this alpha was 'further along than previous alphas'... and at this point it's being slowly accessible to the general public I am getting more and more concerned with the timelines till WoD releases...

Maybe F&F is further along than the public beta? Either way they're kinda... not looking great.

So... fall damage doesn't seem to have been properly squished yet. Hitting 50k damage from a relatively short fall (noting I have 50k life total) is pretty harsh.

(EDIT) Here's some pictures and stuff.

My first graphic glitch, poor implementation of shadows on my constructed barracks. Much easier to see moving, so here's a video :)

http://a.pomf.se/yzxkrb.webm

tWgtQyz.png

The garrison construction window.

DLX0bMl.png

Since I went in blind... no idea what readiness stat is, but there it is!

Before and after completion on my barracks. The book allows you to "finalize" a building after the build time is complete.

(edit 2)

Oh my....

(edit 3)

Well the Rulk didn't like me much as he caused me to crash.

can you recuirt any follower or they are randomly selected to join?

The only follower I've gotten so far was part of a quest. You can select whichever recruit you have to do any of the available quests... I'd play more, but I just got 4-5 disconnects in a row... doesn't seem to be the test server being overloaded, just seems really unstable right now. Going to give it a couple more tries then if it doesn't work I'll give up for now.

(edit) Dat placeholder flight map <3

This is the first alpha test for a game I've actually played the feels like an alpha. I'm digging it, bugginess and all <3

Dawg

I agree, it's pretty cool to play this kind of alpha when you're used to Blizzard only releasing highly polished betas.

It feels alarming as well, though. By this time 2 years ago many people already had access to the closed MoP beta which had ALL content pretty much :[

I agree, it's pretty cool to play this kind of alpha when you're used to Blizzard only releasing highly polished betas.

It feels alarming as well, though. By this time 2 years ago many people already had access to the closed MoP beta which had ALL content pretty much :[

Oh I agree, the more I play the more I'm surprised that WoD has an end of year release date... They are going to have to buckle down hard.

I got my second recruit for my barracks, I got a contract for her as a reward for doing a barracks mission.

Oddly her contract had her proper name (already forgot it) but once registered she took on the name of my first recruit... whoops.

(Edit) seems the sub-zone where my next quests are that need to be done to progress are completely busted (instant disconnects) so I guess for now I go play something else and I'll just check back every 30 minutes to do my garrison quests.

Peachpies

Honestly I thought Blizzard would come out and say that the players were the winners and both mounts would be put in the game. It is pretty disappointing that Blizzard still thinks screwing half (roughly) their player base is a good thing.

Berordn

They (at least used to) hate having these kinds of imbalances so Alliance will get something down the line.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being their ugly bumblebee bike.

You need to go back to MoP/Cata zones. I heard the item squish isn't active there and you'll get wrecked haha!

I'd heard the same, though I was mostly showing off that sweet graphic glitch that occurs if you leave the roads in Frostfire.

Just so people don't think it's only glitches and broken things, had this little bit of distraction when climbing up an Ogre tower.

http://a.pomf.se/sxryox.webm

frequency

I was hoping the Alliance one would win just because it is more unique. The Horde one doesn't look all that different from other things already in the game. Boring.

Both were really ugly though and I won't use either. There are so many better mounts to choose from.

The people in the living steel belt buckle market are dumb as bricks. Undercut by 7g here, 40g there. Ruins everything.

And there's also been some pricks in the gem market undercutting by absurd amounts (but not quite enough to make it worth buying out and relisting). With commodities like that, undercutting by several gold each time can easily mean the difference between profitability and loss when there's not much room to play with in the first place.

But dealing with people who don't economically "behave" is part of the game I guess, even if in real life you wouldn't see actions like that.

JCizzle

Man, I thought this alpha was 'further along than previous alphas'... and at this point it's being slowly accessible to the general public I am getting more and more concerned with the timelines till WoD releases...

Yeah, I'm totally dumbfounded how they allowed it to get like this. Was losing GC a huge blow or something and they're just not letting on how important he was to the staff? This is going to turn into the longest raid tier of all time, and this is after they hyped their fast new dev cycle and promised that this situation would never happen again. It boggles my mind.

Fjordson

Damn, really hope it doesn't slip to 2015. I'm not bored of MoP yet, but I'm sure I will be by the holidays. Been raiding SoO a loong time.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I don't think it is as dire as all that. At most it slips to late 2014. Alpha/Beta are different this time with no annual pass beta.

Ghost23

I just re-subscribed to this game but my fps is terrible now. At first it was reading my intergrated graphics card, but even after changing that I am getting less than 30fps with a 680m GPU. Something is not right here.

Touchdown

Banned
I just re-subscribed to this game but my fps is terrible now. At first it was reading my intergrated graphics card, but even after changing that I am getting less than 30fps with a 680m GPU. Something is not right here.

It may be the server problems they're having. :/ Lots of people having issues tonight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't play warlock... so I could be mistaken, but the animation doesn't look new to me...

It is, Someone asked in a tweet a few days ago if Drain Soul would get an updated graphic since malefic grasp is gone and it looked cool, and the response was that part of MG's animation would actually be combined with DS, which is what we are seeing there.

Peachpies

I hope so.

Man all my friends have quit WoW, so it's pretty lonely. I'm lvl 76 and I want to try to get to 90 before the end of the month.
Server problems don't normally affect fps, if you played in the past and didn't reinstall wow you could have out of date addons causing problems. Also wow performance is mostly on the cpu which could be more of an issue since it sounds like you are on a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom