• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Finally got a second heroic down (Galakras). Slowly soldiering through things...

Might push Immerseus next. He's often regarded as the easiest, but as a guild we're not great at co-ordinated movement, so I put him off for a while.

strafer

Another goldsink

garrisonBlueprints.jpg

witness

Dinged 90 on my DK last night and got every single piece of timeless armor. aside from the shoulders, in an hour so I just bought the justice point ones. Also got a strength trinket as well. Still need to upgrade my shitty weapon through heroics and LFR though, which I will work on this weekend. I'm going to level my hunter, 84, next. The DK is fun, but I'm just not digging melee right now. For now I'm leaning warlock or hunter for my main in WoD.

Bizazedo

Finally got a second heroic down (Galakras). Slowly soldiering through things...

Might push Immerseus next. He's often regarded as the easiest, but as a guild we're not great at co-ordinated movement, so I put him off for a while.

Heh, I still don't get that. Norushen seems a hundred times easier than Immerseus was for us, Heroic wise.

ampere

:'-( Why Orc?!??!

Now we can't do stuff together!!!!!!!!!

I like the looks of male orc for a melee class. I really wanted the Blood Elf racials though, AoE silence + 1% crit (being added in WoD).

I still have lots of Alliance toons :p. It's too pricey to transfer more than one!

mclem

Heh, I still don't get that. Norushen seems a hundred times easier than Immerseus was for us, Heroic wise.

Yeah, Norushen was our first hc kill. We did try Immerseus first, but never really got a handle on the fight - whereas with Norushen, while we didn't get the kill on the first night, we were in control of the fight and the problem there was figuring out how to maximise our DPS output sufficiently to meet that enrage timer.

Bizazedo

Yeah, Norushen was our first hc kill. We did try Immerseus first, but never really got a handle on the fight - whereas with Norushen, while we didn't get the kill on the first night, we were in control of the fight and the problem there was figuring out how to maximise our DPS output sufficiently to meet that enrage timer.

It's funny how different guilds can be. It took like 2-3 hours for us to finally get Heroic Immerseus down.

Heroic Norushen? Third pull.

Protectors? Did it once, immediately moved on as our guys didn't like it.

Was working on Juggernaut / Galakras when we stopped Heroics a few months ago. Had guys quit due to Blizzard + WoD + burnout, finally rebuilt enough to try again starting next week. Will be interesting to see now with the ilvl buffs.

I'm so pissed right now. I lost my authenticator so I'm locked out of my account. Easy to fix right? All I need to do is remove it with the form on battle.net. Wrong. I forgot the phone number on the account (probably don't even have the sim card anymore), also, the account was given to me by a random guy a while ago because It had cataclysm and one month of gametime and I wanted to try WoW, so I can't provide ID.

Hundreds of ££ wasted :(

CassSept

Wow, there will be a Hogger pet for 10th anniversary. First actual anniversary gift since Onyxian Whelpling for 5th anniversary.

Fjordson

Still going for the Qiraji mount from archaeology. Over 400 Tol'vir solves now and still nothing :lol going to farm some more tomorrow and will have over 500 pandaria crates to turn in, though.

I'm so pissed right now. I lost my authenticator so I'm locked out of my account. Easy to fix right? All I need to do is remove it with the form on battle.net. Wrong. I forgot the phone number on the account (probably don't even have the sim card anymore), also, the account was given to me by a random guy a while ago because It had cataclysm and one month of gametime and I wanted to try WoW, so I can't provide ID.

Hundreds of ££ wasted :(
Holy shit, that's a real bummer man. No other way to contact Blizzard about it?

Still going for the Qiraji mount from archaeology. Over 400 Tol'vir solves now and still nothing :lol going to farm some more tomorrow and will have over 500 pandaria crates to turn in, though.

Holy shit, that's a real bummer man. No other way to contact Blizzard about it?

Nope. When I did contacted them, the GM said that they can only help the account owner because transferring ownership of an account is against their TOS.

With 500 crates. Surely. Surely...

I need to get back on that soon. Been more focused on making gold in my spare time though. Maybe once I get above 300k again I'll take a week's hiatus or so.

Been leveling a druid too, he's 70 now. That was the milestone since I really wanted swift flight form (again - had a druid to 83 on another server). Feels SO good. Not sure how fast I'll progress on him at this point though; still have a rogue at 80 I need to work on too, but since I've been leveling as feral...I dunno.

Dawg

When I played World of Warcraft back in 2005/06, I was like 14 years old or so. So yeah, I was still a scrub. I did get into high-end raiding guilds though. I can't even remember how I combined that shit with my school work. And I can't even remember how I got in there because most high-end guilds on my server were pretty strict about the 18+ thing. Probably lied about my age or something.

I remember one thing though... I was a poor kid and still too young to get a job and one day my PC was dying. I remember having 256MB RAM and a 64MB video card and some old dual core CPU. I was lucky to get 30fps or so in the open world. Raids were a lagfest. Also had an old CRT screen. Anyway, I was getting loads of BSODs, HDD was getting super slow etc... Next gen consoles were also out and I wanted a X360 so badly.

So I did a stupid thing. I sold my account to a site that bought WoW accounts. It gave me a lot of money. I believe I got like €500-600 and my account wasn't even that unique. That said, having a character with a tier set was still something special back then. So yeah, I had enough to buy a console and I did that. I think this was around the second half of BC.

I then slowly became a console gamer until WotLK. I don't remember the exact details but I DO remember playing the WotLK beta. I also remember raiding Naxxramas etc really early into the expansion. IIRC, I made a new account with a human rogue. Was my first time with a rogue and it was a lot of fun. I did miss my old vanilla characters, but I had no idea how I would ever get them back.

So the human rogue then became my new main. I spent about a year at the alliance side but then I had enough because I wanted to go Horde4lyfe again so I faction changed to an orc. I played on many different servers, including PvE, RP and PvP (currently on twisting Nether EU). I still missed my old characters though... and since I wasn't the scrub from 2007 anymore I decided to do some detective work. This was somewhere around 2009/2010.

First thing I did was contact Blizzard. I still knew my account info and I also knew I had a chance of getting it back if I played my cards right. So I called them through the phone. They asked me about the security questions and of course I forgot those. I mean, who actually remembers those things once you actually need it like four years after the creation of your account, right? Then they asked me about any cd-keys or gametime codes, but unfortunately I threw all of that stuff away.

Then the guy told me to e-mail their support with a copy of my ID. Thing is, my family didn't have any scanner and the only camera we had was REALLY shitty. It had to do though. Out of like 50 pictures I had one that was actually ok so I sent that one to Blizzard. About two weeks later I got a reply. I was so hyped because I REALLY wanted to play my old characters again. There was a sense of nostalgia about them, they also had a couple of items that were since then made unavailable etc.

Unfortunately, the reply I got was that the picture was too blurry. I checked the picture again myself, but still thought it was ok. It was the best quality I could get. Took a few extra shots of similar quality and sent them all again. Took me another try or two before I get a guy that could confirm the ID in the picture matches the last name on the account.

I got my vanilla account back. I was so fucking happy. This was my original account. Sure, I liked my rogue, I still do and it is still my main to this day but nothing beats the nostalgia from my old account. Added some gametime and went to check it out. But then I noticed something when I logged...

Sure, my tauren warrior was there. He was the first character I ever made and he was my main during Vanilla. When TBC started though, I kinda abandoned him to make a Blood Elf Hunter. With that hunter, I went to raid Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK etc. But the hunter wasn't there. It was gone. I tried to search for her on the armory etc but the "gold seller" or whatever renamed the character, transferred it to a new account (you can do this by making a new account with the same last name) and a different server.

I stumbled upon his deed by checking out the character history page @ transfers. You can see the destination realm, account name and even the character name. This was still around WotLK and once I checker her out on the armory, she was still level 70 so I figured the account was inactive. That was a good thing... if the gold seller had sold her to an active account, I would have lost her for sure.

So I contacted Blizzard again and told them most of the story. I didn't want to include the fact I sold her originally because that's against the TOS and they could ban my account then maybe... I did tell her she was originally my character but now a gold seller had gotten her on a different account and I wanted her back. I knew they could do this.

Unfortunately, when they replied... they told me it was impossible to get her back. There was nothing they could do. I tried telling them that "the account was inactive anyway. Nobody's using her!" but they still couldn't do anything. I can't really blame them. It was my own fault after all. I'm a stubborn dog though so I kept contacting them every few months with the same result or no reply at all.

But then that changed. I must have been lucky or they finally decided they should just do it because the other account hasn't been touched at all. Mind you, this was around last year or so. About three years after I had gotten the vanilla account back. I didn't even play WoW all that much anymore and suddenly there's a reply in my mailbox with the account info from the gold seller.

I was amazed. It was such a surprise. Maybe this entire story sounds overly dramatic, but there's just something special about your old characters. They are the only proof you have left from old WoW. They carry the nostalgia with them. So yeah, I added the account to my battle net straight away and then transferred the character to my new main account I made in WoTLK.

So yeah, now I have a battle net with my original vanilla account, the WotTLK account (main account now) and a gold seller account. It's been a pretty fun ride. Still can't believe I got all my characters back. Blizzard can be a wonderful company sometimes. This post ended up being waaaay longer than I expected though, so I can't blame you if you don't want to read it all ;D

Milennia

When I played World of Warcraft back in 2005/06, I was like 14 years old or so. So yeah, I was still a scrub. I did get into high-end raiding guilds though. I can't even remember how I combined that shit with my school work. And I can't even remember how I got in there because most high-end guilds on my server were pretty strict about the 18+ thing. Probably lied about my age or something.

I remember one thing though... I was a poor kid and still too young to get a job and one day my PC was dying. I remember having 256MB RAM and a 64MB video card and some old dual core CPU. I was lucky to get 30fps or so in the open world. Raids were a lagfest. Also had an old CRT screen. Anyway, I was getting loads of BSODs, HDD was getting super slow etc... Next gen consoles were also out and I wanted a X360 so badly.

So I did a stupid thing. I sold my account to a site that bought WoW accounts. It gave me a lot of money. I believe I got like €500-600 and my account wasn't even that unique. That said, having a character with a tier set was still something special back then. So yeah, I had enough to buy a console and I did that. I think this was around the second half of BC.

I then slowly became a console gamer until WotLK. I don't remember the exact details but I DO remember playing the WotLK beta. I also remember raiding Naxxramas etc really early into the expansion. IIRC, I made a new account with a human rogue. Was my first time with a rogue and it was a lot of fun. I did miss my old vanilla characters, but I had no idea how I would ever get them back.

So the human rogue then became my new main. I spent about a year at the alliance side but then I had enough because I wanted to go Horde4lyfe again so I faction changed to an orc. I played on many different servers, including PvE, RP and PvP (currently on twisting Nether EU). I still missed my old characters though... and since I wasn't the scrub from 2007 anymore I decided to do some detective work. This was somewhere around 2009/2010.

First thing I did was contact Blizzard. I still knew my account info and I also knew I had a chance of getting it back if I played my cards right. So I called them through the phone. They asked me about the security questions and of course I forgot those. I mean, who actually remembers those things once you actually need it like four years after the creation of your account, right? Then they asked me about any cd-keys or gametime codes, but unfortunately I threw all of that stuff away.

Then the guy told me to e-mail their support with a copy of my ID. Thing is, my family didn't have any scanner and the only camera we had was REALLY shitty. It had to do though. Out of like 50 pictures I had one that was actually ok so I sent that one to Blizzard. About two weeks later I got a reply. I was so hyped because I REALLY wanted to play my old characters again. There was a sense of nostalgia about them, they also had a couple of items that were since then made unavailable etc.

Unfortunately, the reply I got was that the picture was too blurry. I checked the picture again myself, but still thought it was ok. It was the best quality I could get. Took a few extra shots of similar quality and sent them all again. Took me another try or two before I get a guy that could confirm the ID in the picture matches the last name on the account.

I got my vanilla account back. I was so fucking happy. This was my original account. Sure, I liked my rogue, I still do and it is still my main to this day but nothing beats the nostalgia from my old account. Added some gametime and went to check it out. But then I noticed something when I logged...

Sure, my tauren warrior was there. He was the first character I ever made and he was my main during Vanilla. When TBC started though, I kinda abandoned him to make a Blood Elf Hunter. With that hunter, I went to raid Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK etc. But the hunter wasn't there. It was gone. I tried to search for her on the armory etc but the "gold seller" or whatever renamed the character, transferred it to a new account (you can do this by making a new account with the same last name) and a different server.

I stumbled upon his deed by checking out the character history page @ transfers. You can see the destination realm, account name and even the character name. This was still around WotLK and once I checker her out on the armory, she was still level 70 so I figured the account was inactive. That was a good thing... if the gold seller had sold her to an active account, I would have lost her for sure.

So I contacted Blizzard again and told them most of the story. I didn't want to include the fact I sold her originally because that's against the TOS and they could ban my account then maybe... I did tell her she was originally my character but now a gold seller had gotten her on a different account and I wanted her back. I knew they could do this.

Unfortunately, when they replied... they told me it was impossible to get her back. There was nothing they could do. I tried telling them that "the account was inactive anyway. Nobody's using her!" but they still couldn't do anything. I can't really blame them. It was my own fault after all. I'm a stubborn dog though so I kept contacting them every few months with the same result or no reply at all.

But then that changed. I must have been lucky or they finally decided they should just do it because the other account hasn't been touched at all. Mind you, this was around last year or so. About three years after I had gotten the vanilla account back. I didn't even play WoW all that much anymore and suddenly there's a reply in my mailbox with the account info from the gold seller.

I was amazed. It was such a surprise. Maybe this entire story sounds overly dramatic, but there's just something special about your old characters. They are the only proof you have left from old WoW. They carry the nostalgia with them. So yeah, I added the account to my battle net straight away and then transferred the character to my new main account I made in WoTLK.

So yeah, now I have a battle net with my original vanilla account, the WotTLK account (main account now) and a gold seller account. It's been a pretty fun ride. Still can't believe I got all my characters back. Blizzard can be a wonderful company sometimes. This post ended up being waaaay longer than I expected though, so I can't blame you if you don't want to read it all ;D

Grats on getting the account back =D

my BC account is long gone, along with every realm first title in the game and mims head =/ I'm using an end of ICC account now, long ass story, but it had to do with me getting hacked and the account being unrecoverable.

i miss the deaths demise title more than anything.

Ghost23

I'm lvl 77, but once I hit 90 I'm going tk have no idea what to do. I've never gotten to end game content before, I'm in an inactive guild, and there is so much in the game now I am feel like I will be completely lost.

scojitsu

Seeing this brought back memories of my Hunter that I played a lot during TBC, WoTLK and Cataclysm. I sold the account a while back but managed to get the account back but it was missing my Hunter.
After reading your post I thought what the heck so I submit a ticket explaining the situation leaving out that I'd sold the account. 3 hours later, Blizzard have returned the Hunter no questions asked.
So happy right now, I thought he was lost forever!

Ultratech

Yeah, I remember when I quit playing in BC and just sorta sat on my account for a long time.

Then a friend mentioned something how he was into selling accounts, so I got curious and tried to look up my old stuff and that's when I found out it got compromised by a gold farmer.
(I more or less figured this out via the Armory. It was showing my Hunter had been active when I hadn't played for a good year or two at that point.)

I managed to get the account back into my hands by talking with Blizzard (merging my old WoW account into my Bnet account), but I was unable to check the status of my characters.

Anywho, it wasn't until I came back in 4.3 that I found my poor Hunter had sure enough been turned into a mining bot who was collecting Saronite out the ass. (Not to mention they broke all my gear, which I surprisingly still had.)
I ended losing all the stuff I originally had in my bags and gold (which was about 5k I think), though I retained most everything that was in my Bank.
Luckily, I was able to recover a bit since I had ton of Saronite that I was able to sell for a lot of gold.

I'm lvl 77, but once I hit 90 I'm going tk have no idea what to do. I've never gotten to end game content before, I'm in an inactive guild, and there is so much in the game now I am feel like I will be completely lost.

Nah, you won't be completely lost.

Just depends on what all you want to do.

Rizific

Seeing this brought back memories of my Hunter that I played a lot during TBC, WoTLK and Cataclysm. I sold the account a while back but managed to get the account back but it was missing my Hunter.
After reading your post I thought what the heck so I submit a ticket explaining the situation leaving out that I'd sold the account. 3 hours later, Blizzard have returned the Hunter no questions asked.
So you sold your account then stole it back?

scojitsu

So you sold your account then stole it back?

Actually no, I bought the account back from the same site I sold it to. I needed money at the time and was feeling burned out with raiding that I thought I'd never go back.

Stupid to sell it in the first place but glad everything has come full circle.

Dawg

Amazing :D

Finally found a heroic SoO group. Went 7/14 before I had to leave. One shot first 3 bosses, 2 shot the next 4, and had about 3 attempts on heroic Nazgrim before I had to leave but I'm sure they downed him because of how close we were getting. I fucked up a lot during the run and caused 2 wipes on bosses X_X. My luck with loot was shit but at least I got experience. Went 1/5 on bonus rolls just winning the off hand from Iron Juggernaut and only got a side grade from Norushen with normal rolls. Still using the damn flex version of the trinket from Immerseus. Heroic Warforged staff dropped from Sha of Pride which I would have loved but I lost it to a Resto Shaman. Also lost on the ring from Galakras by rolling a 9 against a 10. X_x

Good run overall though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom