• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green fire GET!

Not too hard at 554 iLvl and a legendary cloak though, :lol

Took me like 3 tries.

I actually died at the end to a chaos bolt that I barely missed dodging, but the Pit Lord finished him off. Woulda had him the next time anyway since my Doomguard was on CD for that attempt.

It's fucking 500g to turn off though, which is kinda lame.

Hope that title is account-wide, though if it's warlock only I guess that's okay too. Would be nice on my DK or whatever.

ampere

Green fire GET!

Not too hard at 554 iLvl and a legendary cloak though, :lol

Took me like 3 tries.

I actually died at the end to a chaos bolt that I barely missed dodging, but the Pit Lord finished him off. Woulda had him the next time anyway since my Doomguard was on CD for that attempt.

It's fucking 500g to turn off though, which is kinda lame.

Hope that title is account-wide, though if it's warlock only I guess that's okay too. Would be nice on my DK or whatever.

Looks like it's account wide, but only on your Warlock toons. Makes sense. I totally want to level my lv9 Warlock now and get that title haha.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I had stocked up on around 20 Sealed Tomes hoping they'd go up in price. I'm blowing through them today! That must be why :) Money money money.

Fjordson

Man. Flex 3 is serious tonight.

"ANY BOXES OPEN = KICK. ALL FLASKS GO TO THE GUILD"

*only two members of his guild present out of the 14 in the raid*

And of course our 575 main tank loots a box and the guy actually kicks him :lol god these last two weeks have been painful trying to actually finish flex wings on my shaman. Not sure what's going on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just be happy it's a title. If I had it my way, I'd either make the green fire go away at WoD or make it scale you down to 90 whenever you do it.

1up

Got my green fire about 3 weeks ago at 510 ilevel. You have to be very strict on dispels and mechanics. I think it took me longer to farm the book then to beat the fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
do want
ironHordeWolf.jpg

Isn't the fight more about how you play your class than gear? It will test your Warlock skills to the max, right?

Not really. I can definitely say I overgeared it. The guy only has like 30mil HP and I burned through at least a quarter of it before he even summoned the Pit Lord. At lower gear levels like when it first came out (i.e. ToT gear and worse), you'd do a lot less damage and definitely have to manage things better.

Even at that level though, or if they scaled down your gear, it would certainly be easier than say, 30 rounds of proving grounds.

strafer

Not really. I can definitely say I overgeared it. The guy only has like 30mil HP and I burned through at least a quarter of it before he even summoned the Pit Lord. At lower gear levels like when it first came out (i.e. ToT gear and worse), you'd do a lot less damage and definitely have to manage things better.

Even at that level though, or if they scaled down your gear, it would certainly be easier than say, 30 rounds of proving grounds.

Okay, what spec would you recommend?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, absolutely destro for green fire quest. If you are at like 540+ item level it should be quite easy, a few wipes to just get accustomed to the timing of the encounter and then just nuke his shit.

Pretty cool I'm getting a surprise title. Wee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if there's any heroic elementals, but I'm picking up Ele gear for WoD/Mythic SoO, and I was wondering if anyone knows why the Norushen barrier is considered BiS for Ele when it has spirit on it? I would think the OH from Garrosh would be BIS with the heirloom mace. And if you can't have that, then I would think you'd want to use the Gaze of Arrogance until you could?

I guess the hit passive.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sweet! And if I fail it do I need to run through the entire scenario again or does it let you start at the boss again?

When you wipe you zone back into the special warlock-only black temple entrance to fight the boss again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you have trouble with the adds, there's no way you can kill Kalenthad.

If I could draw a graph, the lead up to Kalenthad is like LFG ToJS and Kalenthad is like Heroic Paragons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HWF weapon get. Where's Carbon? I need to rub it in his face.

Need to get the Hawktalons from Isle of Thunder trash for transmog. Have an improved idea of the CM set.

JSoup

Banned
Got my green fire about 3 weeks ago at 510 ilevel. You have to be very strict on dispels and mechanics. I think it took me longer to farm the book then to beat the fight.

Hmm. That's fairly encouraging. I looked up a guide on it a few months ago and the method was rather....convoluted. My lock is at 510 right now, so a couple upgrades are in order and then I'll tackle this again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kor'kron Juggernaut is just the Annihilator reskinned
War Wolf is the de facto wolf model for WoD
Skyscreamer and Galakras are both Protodrake skeletons.

The bug mount, the warofrged nightmare and the skyscreamer(ie the last 3 shop mounts) all have completely unique animations. That's how that logic follows.

StMeph

Kor'kron Juggernaut is just the Annihilator reskinned
War Wolf is the de facto wolf model for WoD
Skyscreamer and Galakras are both Protodrake skeletons.

The bug mount, the warofrged nightmare and the skyscreamer(ie the last 3 shop mounts) all have completely unique animations. That's how that logic follows.

Sky Golem should have been the Garrosh mount, and the Juggernaut could have been Engineer-manufactured instead. That would make it more unique, since the mount/model is unique, and Blackfuse is responsible for both, so there should be no lore (lol) differences with the swap.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Welp, I just blew all my gold on the 108,000 gold yak mount. I also got the 200 mount achievement. The mount for it is really terrible. There goes all my WoD stockpile of gold, lol.

Fjordson

I would love the yak mount with the vendor and reforger dude, but I'm so shit at making gold. I'm richer than I've ever been in MoP, but that only adds up to about 70 thousand gold on my two main characters :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of our rogues who came to our 10 man guild has 11 slots HWF. So basically everything bis HWF excluding tier pieces.

Fucking 25 mans.

ampere

Welp, I just blew all my gold on the 108,000 gold yak mount. I also got the 200 mount achievement. The mount for it is really terrible. There goes all my WoD stockpile of gold, lol.

Lol but now you have a portable transmog guy in Warlords :p.

I just realm transferred so my main only has 50k... might just go ahead and make the JC and Engineering mounts on my old server to burn a lot of that gold instead of letting it rot.

Milennia

One of our rogues who came to our 10 man guild has 11 slots HWF. So basically everything bis HWF excluding tier pieces.

Fucking 25 mans.

RNG still hits 25man, quite commonly.

My entire situation is proof.
We only have 6 people in full BIS and the guild killed heroic garry on NOV 13th 2013.

however most of the top 10 mans (killed the boss from DEC- JAN, that had established rosters) are converted to 25 already.

Did open raid on my lock this morning/afternoon. Got a Gaze of Arrogance. Problem being now I gotta spend fucking valor and money on a Jade Spirit for it.

Upgrades. Didn't get anything else though. Went 11/14 before having to end a bit early due to an emergency on the RL's side.

JSoup

Banned
Friendly warning, if you have the Nigthmare post buff that changes your mount into that new one, don't take on any dailies that have a fixed mount. Doing an argent daily with the buff, the mount made the change noise, then slowly flew me through the mountain.

WoWScrnShot_061214_122705_zpsa3ef57db.jpg

WoWScrnShot_061214_122703_zps1d3c923b.jpg

Removing all the buffs didn't help.

WoWScrnShot_061214_122830_zps771c42ed.jpg

Took a relog to fix it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom