• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the stupid Shado-Pan are pissing me off. Been about a week now and they won't give me the last set of dailies I need for the Shado-Master title. Really grinding on my nerves since I just want to be done and not have to think about it ever again. I already have enough things in my daily routine with 5 farms to take care of. Might scale that back this week since it's starting to grate a little as well, even if the revenue is good.

witness

Got my hunter to 90 yesterday, so glad I got my first character ever to max level. So I started gearing him up with timeless gear and I will try to do a LFR each night this week. My first order of business is going to the isle of giants to get the book to drop and tame a direhorn. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Oh and being a dwarf on timeless isle is easy mode with find treasure on. I'm just riding around opening up all these chests and got so much gear so quickly.

its only a limited time buff like the valor buff which makes it seem like the most pointless thing ever

Yeah this is fucking worthless. It's there for two lockouts, whoop de do. Doesn't help my alts which have barely started, and if you were on secrets or runestones, which is where this would help, you'd be done soon enough anyway. Still have to do the shitty Test of Valor.

ampere

I think it's more Blizzard testing out the implementation of timed-worldwide buffs than anything.

What would be really cool would be fun buffs that go active during holidays. Like a buff that grants a chance to loot an egg when you loot a mob during Noblegarden, and the egg can contain cool stuff.

I think it's more Blizzard testing out the implementation of timed-worldwide buffs than anything.

What would be really cool would be fun buffs that go active during holidays. Like a buff that grants a chance to loot an egg when you loot a mob during Noblegarden, and the egg can contain cool stuff.

My cynicism doesn't let me think this is them testing anything other than how valuable such buffs will be to users for Cash Shop pricing purposes.

strafer

I hope Blizz adds a hide enchant.

I'm rocking the Corruptor set /w Tempest Chaos and Jade Spirit comes and mess everything up, all red and demony and green glow.

But it's no Power Torrent though, that enchant was messed up.

But now I do wonder what the enchants will look like in WoD.

rallaren

HSDAjmb.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting gear for new specs sucks. On one hand, I'm on a heroic level so I can just raid as enhance and pick up the scraps for the Ele set, but on the other hand, I'm on heroic level, so I'm not gonna go do flex or lfr to pick up stray pieces or anything since I'm not gonna switch until I find a full heroic set.

Tier pieces dropping like candy, but the issue is off pieces. At least as Ele I can use some healer rings. Been ready to switch to ranged though. Always feel like a burden as Enhancement for H Paragons and H Siegecrafter.

Fjordson

I guess I can see that.

I'm still bummed the valor buff is gone. All these seem pointless, just showing up for a week or two and then vanishing.

How about a titan runestone buff for a week, Blizz? I only have five left and I have a feeling I still won't finish this upcoming week :lol

j0hnnix

I just rejoined wow. My guild is dead in Anvilmar any guilds looking? No guild wow gets boring quick :). I need that guild chat..

Tamanon

Banned
I guess I can see that.

I'm still bummed the valor buff is gone. All these seem pointless, just showing up for a week or two and then vanishing.

How about a titan runestone buff for a week, Blizz? I only have five left and I have a feeling I still won't finish this upcoming week :lol

Er, Gaze of the Black Prince also boosts chances to get Runestones/Sigils/Secrets. So you're in luck! It'll last two weeks.

Thanks for all the feedback on this change. We agree that the chance to earn a Bloody Coin from the Fire-Watcher’s Oath buff felt too low, especially with all the competition for killing blows in Battlegrounds. We’ve just pushed a hotfix that will increase the chance of earning a Bloody Coin from a killing blow while Fire-Watcher’s Oath is active to 100%. Enjoy!

tumblr_inline_mq9l4bFKvp1qgt71j.gif

I'll be able to get that mount/title eventually now.

---

BTW, was playing with my trinkets. I would race change to Arrakoa. Fun model.

Jordan

Haven't played WoW since MoP came out and looking at coming back (it's like a drug)

Will be playing EU and starting fresh. Anyone wanna help a gaffer out?

Slayerx

Its fairly transparent why they are doing the black prince buff now and why it's timed. Subscriber count for this quarter is taken at the end of June so... every little bit helps lol.

So I got a pair of Forager's Gloves on my main this morning from Timeless Isle mobs. Wouldn't be of any use on him normally...but they reduce the Survey cast time to 0.5s.

I might go back to Archaeology.

Also, Shado-Pan once again continue to fucking hate me. Getting super annoyed now.

witness

So I had an interesting night playing. Got my direhorn book after just two kills and I really enjoy my new pet. So I started running LFRs to try and get a new weapon. I hate my "heroic" 463 gun, it's garbage. So I started running LFRs with a 461 ilevel average, and since my wife wasn't annoyed with me playing last night, I just chained LFRs determined to get a new better weapon.

LFR after LFR, 5 in total over a 3ish hour span, I ended up getting a decent amount if drops. Got some nice stuff from the first two Throne of Thunder LFRs, but with so many opportunities to get a new weapon, somehow, I still did not get one. Even though I completed so many LFRs I still didn't get what I wanted out of it. It's pretty demoralizing when that happens, one raid even I got nothing but money. I did get my average ilevel to jump though from 461 to 491 in a couple of hours so that's not bad. I'm just glad everything is reset and I get another crack at it.

So my plan tonight is to hit wings 2-4 of Throne of Thunder and pray.

Peachpies

have you tried running the repair tool, it will download only the parts that are missing/corrupt if needed and not the whole game.
at the battle.net launcher under options there is "scan and repair".

So I got Bloodsail Admiral and honored with the Buccaneers today. Now I'm in the process of repairing the rep.

Gonna be a long-ass grind to exalted with Steamwheedle Cartel.

Was gonna just work on Steamwheedle Cartel for "the Beloved" achieve, but I figured I may as well set up for doing "the Insane" since I'm not gonna do that on another character. Only "hard" thing there is Darkmoon Faire rep which will take you 4-5 months at least, compared to all the other requirements which are just plain grindy.

Hated to neutral or higher with Steamwheedle Cartel done. Still gotta grind them to exalted though :/

Quests help somewhat, but there's a fuckload of pirate killing in there.

Ran LFR Wing 1 of ToT, 3 secrets. Ran SoO Wing 1 LFR, 3 more secrets.
So it should be possible to get that part of the quest one in a single lockout, at least.
Probably the same is true for sigils/runestones.

Fjordson

I only need four more Titan Runestones on my shaman for the cloak. Figured I'd knock them out in flex 2.

Then proceeded to wipe on Galakras in five different groups. Still have yet to kill anything in flex 2. What the fuck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surely they'll raise the cap before 6.0? I was just looking at upgrades since I'm switching specs, and it would take 16 weeks to fully upgrade a set NOT counting hwf drops, switching rings, wrists, etc for a different build

Fjordson

So is Gaze of the Black Prince broken or something =[

2/8 so far on Runestones. And one of those dropped on Sha who always drops one.

witness

Another night of LFRing, another night getting pissed off. By the end of it, I was fucking fuming.

So I ran the second wing of ToT, no weapon. Then clear the first wing of SoO, and no crossbow even with the extra roll. I then do the first boss of the 3rd wing of ToT, and as expected, no weapon. So I leave that group, jump into the second wing of SoO, and again no bow even with the extra roll. I'm ready to kill someone, just demoralized.

So I did end up getting a good amount of gear though, but with a shitty fucking 463 weapon, it can only do so much. I got a 550 ring off a celestial, 502 bracers, 528 neck, 528 ring, and my T16 chest. So my average ilevel is 506 now, with my shitty gun clearly holding me back. My hunter is so much more powerful now, but goddamnit my weapon is just ruining the party.

So my plan is to get my 3 more warforged seals tonight, head back into LFR and use my extra roll on the two bosses in the first two wings who drop bows in SoO. I'm also going to get a rune of fate and go after Tortos since he has two possible bows. If none of that works out I'll just work through SoO and keep saving for the shitty timeless bow.

ampere

Got to raid as OT (Brewmaster) with my new guild last night. One shot the first 12, had a few wipes on Paragons (holy shit is there a lot going on for 25H), and I didn't get to go on Garrosh this week, but they killed it in 3 attempts. Not bad for a second kill!

Norushen was actually kinda scary on 25 since so many dps went in at once I had something like 10 adds on me and got globaled. Apparently that was a shocker since they hadn't done the fight recently and forgot how fast they killed the adds. Blackfuse actually wasn't bad, but the MT was telling me every time I needed to taunt. It would have been a ton to remember for the first time. Paragons just hit so damn hard. Kil'ruk globaled me through my cloak proc on one attempt... I definitely started to get the hang of when to use CDs and stuff though.

Well technically even if it bumped the drop rate up from 15% to 30% you could just get really unlucky : /. I don't know actual drop rates, those are speculative numbers.

So I finally, finally got my Shado-Master title this morning. Incredibly glad to be done with that shit.

Grats. Yea those dailies are a pain, particularly when they bug out.

Tamanon

Banned

I think it might not be working right. It took me 11 bosses to get my last sigil last night, which was rather annoying.

Fjordson

I think it might not be working right. It took me 11 bosses to get my last sigil last night, which was rather annoying.
Yeah, it's really weird.. It seemed to not help at all in SoO, but then I went three out of three in the third wing of ToT. Thankfully was all I needed and I managed to finish up my cloak completely last night.

And even better is that dark shamans dropped the transmog set for me. My shammy looks pretty dope now.

Man the stupid Shado-Pan are pissing me off. Been about a week now and they won't give me the last set of dailies I need for the Shado-Master title. Really grinding on my nerves since I just want to be done and not have to think about it ever again. I already have enough things in my daily routine with 5 farms to take care of. Might scale that back this week since it's starting to grate a little as well, even if the revenue is good.

Wait there is a shadomaster title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom