• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the four raiding tiers (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) how is loot allocated? LFR obviously uses LFR loot, and I'd assume Mythic would not? How about Normal and Heroic?

I really like collecting tier gear and am considering making the jump from LFR to Normal. I'll never get Mythic Tier gear, but that's OK -- I did my hardcore raiding in vanilla and that is enough for me. Maybe I can go back in future expansions and pick them up.

Fjordson

With the four raiding tiers (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) how is loot allocated? LFR obviously uses LFR loot, and I'd assume Mythic would not? How about Normal and Heroic?

I really like collecting tier gear and am considering making the jump from LFR to Normal. I'll never get Mythic Tier gear, but that's OK -- I did my hardcore raiding in vanilla and that is enough for me. Maybe I can go back in future expansions and pick them up.
Those tiers aren't in the game yet.

As of now, LFR and flex use personal loot. Normal and heroic are like raids have always been. Boss drops a couple of pieces for the raid to roll on (either with the in game system or /roll if master looter is on). And you can also use a bonus roll on all difficulties, which works like personal loot and deposits an item into your bag if your bonus roll is successful.

Those tiers aren't in the game yet.

As of now, LFR and flex use personal loot. Normal and heroic are like raids have always been. Boss drops a couple of pieces for the raid to roll on (either with the in game system or /roll if master looter is on). And you can also use a bonus roll on all difficulties, which works like personal loot and deposits an item into your bag if your bonus roll is successful.

Ah, thanks -- yeah I meant for WoD. Have they clarified which will be personal loot and which aren't? I'm guessing LFR and Normal as their MoP equivalents are LFR and Flex and those use personal loot. I had no idea that bonus rolls worked on non-LFR as I'd never raided at those tiers in MoP -- interesting (and awesome!).

Edit: Also it sucks that I can't pre-order the physical CE. I'd love to get the 90 boost and play that character a bit before WoD.

ampere

In Warlords:

LFR is personal loot only, high drop rate (something crazy like 50%), and it won't drop tier or any super special trinkets (special = stuff like Rune of Reorigination).

Normal and Heroic are personal OR loot off the boss. It's up to the raid leader.

Mythic is boss loot only afaik. Not 100% sure on that.

All lockouts are separate, and you can run LFR, Normal and Heroic as many times as you want per week and cross-realm, but only one shot at boss loot per week per boss per difficulty. Mythic is still strict lockout and you can only run it once per week.

Fjordson

Ah, thanks -- yeah I meant for WoD. Have they clarified which will be personal loot and which aren't? I'm guessing LFR and Normal as their MoP equivalents are LFR and Flex and those use personal loot. I had no idea that bonus rolls worked on non-LFR as I'd never raided at those tiers in MoP -- interesting (and awesome!).

Edit: Also it sucks that I can't pre-order the physical CE. I'd love to get the 90 boost and play that character a bit before WoD.
Oh my bad, yeah basically what ciaossu said. Really the only change is that heroic (currently normal) will give raid leaders a choice between regular loot or personal loot. As of now you can only have regular loot in normal (heroic in WoD).

And yeah, can bonus roll on any boss in any difficulty. I just got warforged bracers from normal Siegecrafter today on a bonus roll.

The only things you can't get through rolls are mounts, like the Astral serpent from Elegon, or heirlooms from Garrosh.

Thanks a lot Fjordson and ciaossu, that clears things up. I'll definitely have to have a go at Normal in WoD (eventually, after gearing up a bit in LFR).

strafer

So now I'm going to do something I thought I'd never do.

I'm going to buy a PvP weapon to upgrade my current weapon.

It's been 10 weeks and not a single weapon drop from SoO. I'm so fucking done.

Look forward to your weapon dropping immediately after you do so :) RNGesus is an evil evil beast.

zerosum

More awesome Alpha shots.

Shattrath looks amazing.

- Nagrand : http://imgur.com/a/YaDyo
- Talador : http://imgur.com/a/Np9Wx
- Southern Gorgrond : http://imgur.com/a/XFI73
- Tanaan Jungle : http://imgur.com/a/O8hKx
- Ashran : http://imgur.com/a/3xgHq

I know it's been said countless times, but I still find myself amazed at what they are able to pull off with this game from an art stand point.

They've updated a few things here and there, sure, but the basic engine is so old, yet they still turn out some gorgeous scenery.

StMeph

Look forward to your weapon dropping immediately after you do so :) RNGesus is an evil evil beast.

It's not like it takes that long to grind enough Honor for a 522 weapon.

And if you haven't been Arena-ing for Conquest, the raised catch-up cap should get you to a 550 weapon (still better than 4x upgraded LFR at 544) in two weeks.

It might be because I'm not a lock player in general (not very good at caster classes) but all the videos I've seen for the Green Fire quest are hell convoluted.

I'll probably do some LFR over the next few weeks with my lock to see if I can get the ilvl up higher and maybe that will help. I'd really like to get it done before WoD drops and get that title.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No flying, but I do hope WoD gives Blizz an excuse to bring these back as mounts.
brutalgladiatordrake.jpg

Maybe with a new model/textures or a similar concept. And one for PVE, one for PVP. You wanna talk rares, ever since I stopped playing in BC, throughout all of WOTLK and the tail end of MoP I have only ever seen ONE in-game. Not counting Black Temple.

1up

Finally got a Heroic warforged bow off the Klaxxi. Heroic warforged just doesnt drop in 10 man Heroics.

I have maybe 3-4 slots I could possibly upgrade to heroic warforged. This xpac needs to hurry up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Mana Tide and Water Shield are (apparently) being removed for Resto Shaman.

It's like the end of an era. ._.

They're making weapon imbues passive for Enhancement. And taking away our Stormlash and Healing Tide. They're trimming like crazy. I'm kind of happy though. Shaman have needed some ability pruning more than any other class.

Totems will no longer cause hostile creatures to enter combat with the Shaman based on proximity.
This is game-changing though.

They're making weapon imbues passive for Enhancement. And taking away our Stormlash and Healing Tide. They're trimming like crazy. I'm kind of happy though. Shaman have needed some ability pruning more than any other class.
Yeah, overall I agree; they've made the game a little too cooldown/passive heavy, IMO. It's just a little strange to see these core abilities that have been around for so long being the ones to go.

Edit: And holy crap at some of these Gorgrond pics!

iirate

...and active regen for healers is dead again. Telluric Currents was the best part of Cata Resto healing, and I really wish that style of play had caught on.

...and active regen for healers is dead again. Telluric Currents was the best part of Cata Resto healing, and I really wish that style of play had caught on.

I think it's fine for class specific talents to provide it, but to foist it on every healing class is the worst type of homogenization. Mana pots are going to be viable again. That really should be enough outside of important abilities that represent more interesting choices for your efficiencies, like crit, mana reduction duplicated spell procs, and the all-important oh-shit buttons. It's not interesting to press a button that just gives you mana back for every single healing class.

ampere

Man, Mana Tide and Water Shield are (apparently) being removed for Resto Shaman.

It's like the end of an era. ._.

So glad. Screw Mana Tide :p. Rather be balanced around self regen only.

Yeah, pretty amazing change. They're also ditching "Totemic Recall" which is OK if totems don't aggro.

The concept was interesting, but in practice they were probably having no luck balancing it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This censer nerf fucking blows. If they made it where Fire-Watcher's Oath guaranteed you a bloody coin it'd be different. But Oath only works like regular pvp, and we all know how faction balanced pvp servers are.

Fjordson

I agree. I'm just getting into my enhance shammy, but the sheer number of abilities and cool downs is a little crazy.

Are they changing searing totem in any way? It's a little annoying having to depend on it so much. And it's worthless on mobile fights or if I'm fighting 2+ mobs since it gets killed instantly.

witness

Are they changing searing totem in any way? It's a little annoying having to depend on it so much. And it's worthless on mobile fights or if I'm fighting 2+ mobs since it gets killed instantly.

Yes the buff it gives is being removed thankfully. I believe lava lash was buffed in its place to compensate. It is really annoying to depend on that damn thing.

I got a sword today, yay! Non-WF, but I'll take it. Now I need another :>

We're going to be extending lockouts every other week though from now on, so I won't get a chance for 2 weeks :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm gonna rant here. I don't know if anyone plays Rogue, but idgaf. I'm so sick of Paladins and rogues having a get out of free card. No matter what happens, they don't have to die in world pvp. A paladin can bubble, disorient and get out of there. A rogue can cloak and vanish. Twice this rogue on the isle has easily gotten away from me because of this shit.

Back in BC, if I nailed you with a dot, you had to wait on it to go away before you could vanish and scurry away when I played rogue. That was part of the meta. Now a rogue can evade death whenever the fuck they feel like it. Holy shit it's annoying.

Yes the buff it gives is being removed thankfully. I believe lava lash was buffed in its place to compensate. It is really annoying to depend on that damn thing.

Think you're thinking of flametongue weapon which will no longer increase lava lash damage done. Searing Flames buff is still in.

I'm gonna rant here. I don't know if anyone plays Rogue, but idgaf. I'm so sick of Paladins and rogues having a get out of free card. No matter what happens, they don't have to die in world pvp. A paladin can bubble, disorient and get out of there. A rogue can cloak and vanish. Twice this rogue on the isle has easily gotten away from me because of this shit.

Back in BC, if I nailed you with a dot, you had to wait on it to go away before you could vanish and scurry away when I played rogue. That was part of the meta. Now a rogue can evade death whenever the fuck they feel like it. Holy shit it's annoying.

Cloak of Shadows was added in BC (although its cooldown is shorter now). You're remembering wrong.

Sigh. Wipes on Malk for over two hours.

Sometimes progression, other times regression where we won't even make it to the first blood rage without enough people dying that it's near unrecoverable, if at all.

Soaking puddles is hard apparently.

strafer

So what do you think about these Secondary Stat Attunements?

Kinda like the passive 5% you get at level 50.

Secondary Stat Attunements
A new concept that we’re introducing is each specialization having an attunement to a particular secondary stat. These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats. Usually, it will be your highest throughput stat (not counting Spirit for Healers, and Bonus Armor for Tanks, which is an optimal secondary stat in most cases). There are exceptions, and raw throughput may not even be the biggest concern in some situations. Treat this as a guideline, not a rule, about which secondary stat to favor.

New passive abilities granting a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from equipped items have been added for all specializations.

mclem

This censer nerf fucking blows. If they made it where Fire-Watcher's Oath guaranteed you a bloody coin it'd be different. But Oath only works like regular pvp, and we all know how faction balanced pvp servers are.

It works in Battlegrounds, though. As a non-PvPer, I'd have imagined that that would alleviate things somewhat?

So what do you think about these Secondary Stat Attunements?

Kinda like the passive 5% you get at level 50.

Eh:

(This is DK btw)

Frost: Haste

Current worst stat is the one that gets buffed? I dunno man. Unless something changes it's pretty underwhelming.

Also:

GEMS GEMS GEMS. I HAVE SO MANY GEMS RIGHT NOW. 300+ Vermillion Onyx after saving up and transmuting a shit load. Partially from the 80 some stacks of Ghost Iron Ore I got this morning for cheap. I tallied it up and that's ~15k worth. Might take two weeks to move that many.

Fjordson

It works in Battlegrounds, though. As a non-PvPer, I'd have imagined that that would alleviate things somewhat?
It's only a chance to get a coin from a kill in battlegrounds. A low chance supposedly. Whereas killing someone while using the censer on Timeless Isle gives you a coin every single time. As far as I know they aren't buffing the chance of getting a coin in battlegrounds, so it'll definitely be tougher to farm them.

Edit: ignore me. Looks like they are increasing the chance of getting coins with Fire-Watcher's Oath (which you can use anywhere) and they're reducing the cooldown as well.

Ultratech

It's only a chance to get a coin from a kill in battlegrounds. A low chance supposedly. Whereas killing someone while using the censer on Timeless Isle gives you a coin every single time. As far as I know they aren't buffing the chance of getting a coin in battlegrounds, so it'll definitely be tougher to farm them.

Edit: ignore me. Looks like they are increasing the chance of getting coins with Fire-Watcher's Oath (which you can use anywhere) and they're reducing the cooldown as well.

Looking through, it seems they did buff it a little bit in that you can actually mount with the buff active now (which was bizarre in the first place given how you could mount with the Censer).

And they also supposedly increased the chance that it gives you Bloody Coins (no idea on exact numbers, just "dramatically increased").

There was also a bug where low-level characters had gotten the Censer/Oath and were using it in low-level PvP to get coins that way.
But it got hotfixed pretty quickly, so only killing Lv90s will grant coins now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not only could you do that, you could kill level 1s with it and get coins. Which is what my friend was doing, but it still wasn't a great result. Hotfixed with a quickness to prevent griefing. The biggest problem with it in BGs is that it still has a CD so everyone just gonna farm the middle of WSG and not go after flag captures.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the Monk mythic looks worse than the non, honestly. Other than warrior, most the tiers have been kind of a letdown. Hopefully the CM sets look better.

ampere

Current worst stat is the one that gets buffed? I dunno man. Unless something changes it's pretty underwhelming.

Isn't haste the best stat for 2 handed frost? The stat attunements for specs with 2 sub specs will probably be a bit off for one sub spec, naturally. Might see haste buffed for dual wield though.

Hopefully the CM sets look better.

I think it's just the weapons in WoD, no armor sets.

I hope there are armor sets, but it doesn't look like it.

Ultratech

Isn't haste the best stat for 2 handed frost? The stat attunements for specs with 2 sub specs will probably be a bit off for one sub spec, naturally. Might see haste buffed for dual wield though.

Haste is only good up until a certain point.
And with how Haste got changed in 5.4, it basically wasn't necessary to stack as much Haste as was needed previously due to a bunch of factors.
(Including Talent Changes, Glyphs, Trinkets, and Gear.)

So...Haste pretty much took a big hit in value.
For 2H right now, the current stat priority is mostly Crit > Mastery >= Haste.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Could be wrose. Could be Elemental where you basically have to get perfect drops to not be at 30% hit rating. I don't even know if that itemization is like that on purpose or what.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I've been doing Strat for the mount. I don't want it, but I want the FoS. Been doing it with my monk which is great because she can speed clear it like nobody else.

But if the droprate is similar to Ulduar, I'm really tempted to just erase Mimmiron's Head from my mind. This is some hellish luck. I'm on 61 kills in two days, and Strat isn't even locked to a weekly lockout like Ulduar is. Kind of just wish Blizzard would make a similar model to Mimmiron's Head instead of making me suffer for this. It's not the rarity as to why I want Mimmiron's head. It's just a really cool looking mount.

It has also instilled in me that I am getting my juggernaut while it's current. Because fuck 1% droprates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom