• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah the worst part was the waiting for Getting Around with the Shado-Pan. Even if you had perfect daily rolls, it would take a minimum of 27 days. With the much more likely scenario of having to wait an extra week or two for the last ones you need, like I did. I swear the Sra'vess dailies are much more common than the other options.

Know Your Role has a bug, or rather, the way it's tracked can be gamed, whether intentional or not. When you pick up one of the daily quests it casts a hidden buff on you tracking whether you take damage. So you can pick up say, 3 out of the 4 initial quests, do them all, go back and pick up the last one, then turn in the initial 3 and get credit. To save time though, it is easier to get someone to help you with them.

witness

Well I finally got what I so wanted, a weapon. I ended up getting the gun in the 4th wing of ToT and I saw my dps sky rocket. I did the 2/2 upgrades to it also since I have a glut of valor points. Have more than enough for a 4/4 upgrade for whenever I get a SoO weapon. I also ended up getting a trinket out of that run.

That's all got to play tonight, wife was being a pain so I didn't get to play that much. So now I'm going to just run SoO, need to do wings 2-4 so there's plenty of opportunity the next few days to get some good stuff.

Another 50 crates, 3k dropped in hieroglyphics, 18 Tol'vir solves, and more jack squat.

When/if I finally get this mount, I'm never using another one again.

Seriously.

And that I haven't even gotten one of the other couple rares I'm missing in 50+ solves is worrying.

So after grinding stupidly grindy things the past few days without much to show for it, I think I'm gonna step back from the game a little bit, aside from raids, and find something else to do. Especially after finishing Shado-Master. Maybe work on an alt instead, but I just don't have it in me anymore at the moment to do much more archaeology, "the Insane" rep grinds, or actively farm gold (passed 350k earlier this week).

If I wasn't still interested in raiding, commitments there aside, I'd probably consider dropping the game for a couple months at least. Pushed slightly too hard on the grindy side of the game and burnt myself out somewhat.

Flipped a Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion that I've had for a couple days for 1.1k profit.

Woulda liked more but the competition right now happened to be fairly fierce. When I bought it there was only one other on the market.

Pretty good turnaround though.

Would anyone on Alliance with experience in challenge modes want to come along with me and a friend (who has all golds already) sometime to do the complete set of Golds? I'd be pally tanking and he's a mage, so we'd need 2 more DPS and a healer.

I hate to put up the "with experience in CMs" requirement, but we're trying to knock them out over the course of the next week or so before my sub expires and I go on vacation.

We'll be able to run between 4 PM and 10 PM EST pretty much any weekday, but we'd prefer to schedule specific days to get them taken care of without wasting anyone's time. Thanks all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't want to do H Siegecrafter anymore as melee. I'm useless once the mines come down, and I can't help others because some mine will divert attention out of nowhere and fucking kill me. Christ, it's aggravating.

inthrall

I don't want to do H Siegecrafter anymore as melee. I'm useless once the mines come down, and I can't help others because some mine will divert attention out of nowhere and fucking kill me. Christ, it's aggravating.

That only happens if the original target dies, so someone else isn't doing their job right

Neverfade

I had to do some emergency backup tanking tonight. Pretty new to end game tanking but I did pretty well. My one problem is keeping track of taunt swaps on bosses that require that. Are there any addons that make keeping track of this easier, or better yet, just screaming at me when i need to taunt?

I had to do some emergency backup tanking tonight. Pretty new to end game tanking but I did pretty well. My one problem is keeping track of taunt swaps on bosses that require that. Are there any addons that make keeping track of this easier, or better yet, just screaming at me when i need to taunt?

If you get VEM (Voice Encounter Mods - a branch off of DBM that's really superior) there should be an option that you can set which tells you vocally to taunt at the correct amount of stacks. Otherwise you can set up TellMeWhen or Weak Auras for each boss to do the same sort of thing.

strafer

What if...

Glyph of Felhunter

Replaces it with this instead. Would go great with Green Fire.

mNyyYEm.jpg

witness

So I played my DK alt last night for a change of pace and did ToES and the first wing if ToT. So 8 bosses and no loot, at all. Going back to previous raids I know it's at least 10 bosses on this character with not one piece of loot. I even set my specialization to Frost so I would also get a chance at 1h and 2h'ders. That's just pretty shitty luck. It's not my main so whatever, but something would be nice. I'll give it a go on him again and do the second wing if ToT, but I'm going to be focused on my hunter this weekend.

I'm hoping to finish wings 2-4 of SoO on him this weekend. I've never actually been apart if a LFR that defeated Garrosh. I've fought him like 5 times on my Warlock but it's always ended in 3ish wipes and everyone leaves.

Did H25 Firelands via oQueue. I need to do this every week I don't care about solo farming Alysrazor. Legit got 700+ gold for less than 20 minutes worth of work. Also got 3/5 tier pieces and a Volcanospike. Though I think I like the color of the normal tier better. You gotta get the offset pieces like belt and boots though too :<

Do need Only the Penitent for the meta though, so I gotta save a week for that sometime.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What if...

Glyph of Felhunter

Replaces it with this instead. Would go great with Green Fire.

mNyyYEm.jpg

Well those technically aren't demons, right? They are elementals.

ampere

Probably shoulda devoted some cash shop mount time towards that instead.

Art development vs system development? You could argue about their hiring priorities, but honestly cash shop mounts vs new systems are not substitutes.

I'm still bummed about the heirloom tab delay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Art development vs system development? You could argue about their hiring priorities, but honestly cash shop mounts vs new systems are not substitutes.

I'm still bummed about the heirloom tab delay.

We don't know why the heirloom tab is delayed. Could be UI art, could be UI department, could be plenty of things. I just wonder how much other stuff isn't 'gonna make it' by the time WoD is out. I'm going to pretend to not be shocked when they end up spouting that they have to announce WoD with several new playable race models missing on launch.

Berordn

Although it sucks, being able to mail heirlooms across realms probably killed the immediate need for it and forced it onto the backburner.

They're still doing radical and sweeping systems changes this late into development, so who knows what else is being delayed here.

ampere

We don't know why the heirloom tab is delayed. Could be UI art, could be UI department, could be plenty of things. I just wonder how much other stuff isn't 'gonna make it' by the time WoD is out. I'm going to pretend to not be shocked when they end up spouting that they have to announce WoD with several new playable race models missing on launch.

Yea it could be a variety of things.

Like Dance Studio and Aerial Combat... it's always best to not get too pumped up on a feature for the expac since things could always change. They still haven't confirmed that all playable race upgrades will be ready for launch so don't hold your breath. Probably safe to say that if the model viewer thing is up on the WoD website for a race, then it will make launch.

It's odd though that the heirloom tab would be delayed when you'd think that it uses the same or similar base code/UI to the toy box, which is still in, as far as we know. Maybe something to do with the toy box having things converted into spells, vs. actual gear you need to equip.

Warlock Mythic

T5 with skulls again >.<

They pretty much haven't made a new set I'd actually want to use in years.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I actually like it. Finally a decent looking one.

Finally? Warlock sets have been like universally among the best looking sets in pretty much every expansion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So silly
BJoxuZk.jpg

I need to find a 3s team. I usually don't do arena and prefer BGs, but those mounts are beauties. And Enhance sucks for RBGs.

edit: Just got Fiery Warhorse reigns. Cool I guess!

Oh goody it's progression night and we're gonna be missing like 5-6 people. Yay.

In other news, snagged a Technique: Glyph of Skeleton off the AH for a bid that's more than I'd like to pay, and may never make a return on the investment, but that I need for completion's sake. Only missing ~4 world drop glyphs now that I grind for every now and then.

Heroic Malk down! Coined some pants. Not the best upgrade since my normal ones were warforged but I'll take it.

Only had time for like 2 pulls on Spoils, but we should get it down tomorrow. Just need to speed up the opening of crates.

Rokam

Um... they already said not all races would be done at launch. Unless they announced here recently a turn around on that.

Jordan

Any leveling tips for a Feral Druid? Never played one before, don't seem to be doing too well at DPS (at least, that's what I'm gathering after being kicked from a grp with no reasoning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom