• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

MAN I WANT THAT FROST SCYTHE FOR MY WARLOCK OMG!!!!

But I have a feeling the entire event will go and not a single drop from the bag.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This started happening today, whenever I try to launch the alpha:

wowerrorevs8k.png

Has anyone else gotten this?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be a widespread problem.

strafer

Rösti;117592991 said:
This started happening today, whenever I try to launch the alpha:

wowerrorevs8k.png

Has anyone else gotten this?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be a widespread problem.

Are you running Windows 98? :p

CassSept

Maybe it's something with launching a 64-bit launcher from 32-bit folder or something? I don't know I'm not good with that computer witchcraft gobbledygook

PS. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Rosti was actually using Windows 98 :)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It seems to be entirely dependent on the alpha servers being taken down. Tech support said on the Battle.net forums to wait til Monday to see if this problem persists.

As for Windows 98, getting WoW running on that would be quite impressive seeing as the game no longer supports it.

Milennia

Well, my guild started up gcg a couple of weeks ago since we clear in like 2 and a half hours now....

Lost 120k gold 2nd week =/

guildmate lost 400k though lol.

figured ill make that back in about 2 weeks anyway so what the hell.

i will from now on however... stop on the first loss lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What spec should I level my mage as? Really don't want to do frost. I don't know when Arcane becomes viable, gear-wise, for end-game. But I want something where I can learn the spec while leveling since that's why I'm doing it instead of boosting.

witness

Having pretty shitty luck on my hunter with LFR groups for SoO today. Bad tanks, people that fail at the towers, ninja pulls. Hopefully my luck can turn around so I'll try to head back in there tonight.

I got my DK geared up enough to run SoO and I completed the first wing. No weapons but I got some stuff. I'm duel wielding frost and it's a fun spec.

I moved my Monk up 7 levels since last night with about 1 1/2 hours of play. 50% level boost from monk dailies, another 30% in heirlooms, and I had a bunch of rested XP. I have him at 52 now and it's a lot of fun. The pandaran animations are just so good.

Berordn

What spec should I level my mage as? Really don't want to do frost. I don't know when Arcane becomes viable, gear-wise, for end-game. But I want something where I can learn the spec while leveling since that's why I'm doing it instead of boosting.

Leveling as Arcane is both viable and totally mindless and should at least give you an idea of the buttons you're supposed to push. Leveling as Fire won't teach you how to play the spec (at least, not well) since it depends so much on high end gear and tracking DoTs on targets with actual health pools, but it's doable also.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When WoD comes out, it's going to be interesting how MoP stands when looked to from the future. It had a very strong launch compared to Cataclysm, some amazing content, some of my favorite raids of all time, but it had issues as well. It was definitely better to me than Cata and probably BC, but things like the insane amount of dailies, the length of SoO being current content, the pros and cons of the legendary quest.

I don't know. It has as many things to like as it does to not. Particularly, the expansion felt like a vacation which is both good and bad. In one sense, it was nice to see new enemies, but at the same time you sort of felt like it wasn't in WoW anymore. As much as I hate trolls, it wasn't until ToT that I Was like 'oh right, this is still WoW.' in both good and bad sense. I love WoW's worlds, and I kind of wish they kept in it but gave us more focus on enemies we don't encounter that often instead of making up new things like the Saurok, the Mantid, and the Sha. And I like the Pandaren, but I do kind of hold a grudge that I would have much preferred an Ogre race and a Alliance race with no new class. They did some neat stuff with monks, but they never felt needed to me.

Salamando

got to make the casuals feel good

Before 6.0, they dropped on Normal. After 6.0, they'll continue to drop on Normal.

Their drop rate is terrible enough that a casual would need to be damn lucky to get one in the few weeks between 6.0 and Warlords. After which, they'll be easy to farm anyway.

Peachpies

Before 6.0, they dropped on Normal. After 6.0, they'll continue to drop on Normal.

Their drop rate is terrible enough that a casual would need to be damn lucky to get one in the few weeks between 6.0 and Warlords. After which, they'll be easy to farm anyway.
It is still disappointing when Blizzard is arbitrarily making certain rare items easier to get even if it's mostly applicable to the next expansion. It would be similar to them making the mount drop from both Mythic and the new Heroic.

Ultratech

Did a quick little Firelands run earlier and had the Firehawk mount drop off Rag.

Sadly, I wasn't anywhere close to winning the roll on it and two guy kept trying to offer money to the guy who did win it.

(Sadly, this marks the second very rare mount I've lost to rolls now.)

ampere

Did Scholo and SSB CMs as a holy paladin tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

I really do enjoy the building/spending holy power and using beacon efficiently, but there are so many tools I know I'm underutilizing. Also, 3 throughput CDs? Lol, seems like overkill, I think Divine Favor and GoAK are cut in WoD. It was really fun to roll Eternal Flame on everyone and just watch the beacon heals flow. Divine purpose procs are a lot of fun too. I like having Sac as a tank CD, Salv and BoP for personals or dps, but I did BoP the tank on accident once... then promptly made a /cast [@myname] macro.

the length of SoO being current content

Very good expac overall but this is the main issue that Blizzard has been having with expac releases. Dat content drought.

Peachpies

In a raid environment throughput cds are pretty useless compared to healing ones so even having 3 or 4 of them doesn't help much. Also if you accidentally (or intentionally) BoP someone you can cast another hand on them and it will remove the BoP which can be useful if you have to use it on a melee dps for some reason and they don't have a cancel macro.

So I downloaded the GCG addon for tonight's raid. Was up, down for a bit, then ended up a k or two. Definitely bringing it back for future raid weeks.

And close but no cigar on Spoils. Should get it down next week or the week after with our extend.

Ultratech

Saw the Hunter T17 gear....looks ugly as hell.

Doesn't really look Hunter-like.

Shoulders look alright, but the rest of it...yikes.

Maybe Mythic will be better, but I have my doubts.

Anyone know what this is referring too? Can't seem to find anything.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/476510366294241280

Think this is in relation to the revamped dungeons that people found out about earlier.

There were scenario-type overlays to them.

Check it out in this video:
Blackfathom Deeps Run-through (WoD Alpha)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not necessarily playable, but I wish WoW would do more with the Tol'vir. Their lore is much more interesting to me than the Pandaren and definitely the Worgens(lol worgen lore).

JSoup

Banned
I could stand to see more Kalu'ak.
I love those walrus guys and was thrilled to see one with the Anglers.
Whenever we get building customization options for garrisons, I'd like a Kalu'ak styled inn. Just a big damn hole in the ground, lined with skins.

I need some help with Black Prince rep. Last night I did upto revered killing the mobs by Lion's Landing on my ally. I made it to 537/21000 towards exalted and quit for the night. Now I'm back on and killing the mobs isn't giving me any rep at all, can't find any help on google.

Peachpies

I need some help with Black Prince rep. Last night I did upto revered killing the mobs by Lion's Landing on my ally. I made it to 537/21000 towards exalted and quit for the night. Now I'm back on and killing the mobs isn't giving me any rep at all, can't find any help on google.
kill the mogu summoners/statues in the middle of isle of thunder

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wish they would make the valor buff and black prince buff permanent.

No reason they shouldn't. Completely puts me off playing my alts. I'll be the doomsayer and say it's temporary so they can sell it later like they do the exp boost in the Chinese shop.

No reason they shouldn't. Completely puts me off playing my alts. I'll be the doomsayer and say it's temporary so they can sell it later like they do the exp boost in the Chinese shop.
It's the first real solid motivation for me to get it on one or two characters. Before this I wAs stuck at phase one and missing two stones. Now my DK and pally both are in stage 2. I grinder for an hour and got exhaulted as well. I wouldn't have done that without this buff.

Could also be used temporarily in spurts to try to get non-subscribers back. I'm unsubscribed right now and just the other day got an e-mail trying to entice me back by talking about the ease in getting my cloak during the free seven days back because of those buffs in place right now.

So if they do end up making it permanent it'll likely be after whatever marketing is tied to bringing back MoP players since right now they're giving the impression that players must come back right now or they'll miss out on the buff. Once it's permanent people won't feel like they must subscribe right away since they can rely on it being there.

Fjordson

I just want a valor cap increase. I can cap fairly quickly these days, especially with the valor tokens from timeless isle, so still being tied to 1K a week is a drag when every single piece of gear needs four upgrades now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Leveling this arcane mage. Unless something changes soon, I'd like to congratulate Arcane mages on being a more boring spec than Elemental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom