• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* I'm never going to get the trinket from Immerseus. Ran with a guild I've ran with multiple times. I thought we were doing heroic but they ended up doing normal because they had a lesser geared tank. I rolled the damn cape from him but the warforged version dropped. I was prepared to offer gold to whoever won it in case I didn't but the one fucking cross server pug ends up winning it. Rest of the run was really rocky (spent an hour on heroic Norushen, our only heroic) before I ended up bailing after Nazgrim because I was sick of it.

Bizazedo

Ugh, my guild just broke up. In friendly fashion, but they wanted to start looking for possible guilds that'll be aiming for Mythic whenever the hell WoD drops.

Depending on your point of view, it was either weak reasoning or excellently timed since guilds are recruiting, but it was kind of a kick in the junk since the guild had gotten its feet back under it and we almost had Heroic Galakras down.

So now a US Horde warrior tank Looking for Guild. Hate this part of the game haha.

witness

So I only got to play for like 2 hours yesterday morning and I chose just to stick with my Monk and level, moving from 53-57 in that time. Did Sunken Temple a couple times and quested in Blasted Lands, which I enjoyed. I bought him the heirloom pants so I have the 40% xp boost, and the 1 hour 50% boost. Think I will pass on buying that cloak though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep leveling him, I would hate to waste my time and get him stuck at say 72 for months when I could have just leveled my shaman from 85-90 or keep upgrading gear on my DK or hunter. It's a terrifically fun class and the pandaran animations are just a joy to watch though.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I just want a valor cap increase. I can cap fairly quickly these days, especially with the valor tokens from timeless isle, so still being tied to 1K a week is a drag when every single piece of gear needs four upgrades now.
There was a dev comment a while ago stating that capping Valor won't be as interesting in WoD as in MoP, so I don't know if it would make much sense with a permanent increase. But it certainly would be nice to have an increased weekly Valor cap for the remainder of MoP. 16000 Valor per week would be enough to upgrade all items to full level (actually Blizzard increased the item upgrade level to a possible 6/6, but it's hidden and currently not in use).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need an awesome ground mount. I've been using my Kor'Kron war wolf forever, and it's awesome, but it's not that awesome. I know I'll get a Juggernaught soon, but I only really dig that for status's sake. Flying mounts are fine, got Galakras and plan to have Mimmiron soon.

Really hate that the PVP wolf just looks like the epic version of the War Wolf to me. Like you'd get the Kor'Kron War Wolf at 40 then you'd get the PVP Wolf at 60. Or something. Think that's why I'm most hyped about WoD. More ground mounts.

ampere

Ugh, my guild just broke up. In friendly fashion, but they wanted to start looking for possible guilds that'll be aiming for Mythic whenever the hell WoD drops.

Depending on your point of view, it was either weak reasoning or excellently timed since guilds are recruiting, but it was kind of a kick in the junk since the guild had gotten its feet back under it and we almost had Heroic Galakras down.

So now a US Horde warrior tank Looking for Guild. Hate this part of the game haha.

Remember you can do Siege cross realm now so you could try to join some groups on Openraid and see if you like them before paying to xfer.

I need an awesome ground mount. I've been using my Kor'Kron war wolf forever, and it's awesome, but it's not that awesome. I know I'll get a Juggernaught soon, but I only really dig that for status's sake. Flying mounts are fine, got Galakras and plan to have Mimmiron soon.

Really hate that the PVP wolf just looks like the epic version of the War Wolf to me. Like you'd get the Kor'Kron War Wolf at 40 then you'd get the PVP Wolf at 60. Or something. Think that's why I'm most hyped about WoD. More ground mounts.

I still love Raven Lord so much for a pure ground mount. You 'plan to have' Mim's Head soon? Good luck :p

th3dude

Scumbag Blizz....

Gave me a 10 day trial over the weekend, puts MoP on 50% off sale this week (the 1 expac I don't have)...

Any GAF guilds or anything or is everyone pretty spread out?

Milennia

i mean, i have most of the rare ground mounts, even a spectral tiger and almost exclusively use the flametalon, i love that mount.

Milennia

I want that Kor kron wolf.. I love the model.

But knowing that it will surely be available in WoD for all I'll wait.

It won't be, not at all.

Its 100% being removed as the feat of strength that awards it will be unattainable.
When they say a mount or achievement is gone, it means its gone.

if you need to buy a normal kill, they are pretty cheap, at least on my server.

strafer

It won't be, not at all.

Its 100% being removed as the feat of strength that awards it will be unattainable.

im not talking about that mount.. im talking about the wolf model

Milennia

im not talking about that mount.. im talking about the wolf model

In which case, the movement is slightly altered in the newer model, its smoother.

Im personally not a fan of any of the wolf mounts in wow, not even the new ones =/ they just come off as really plain and even with updates skeletons (slightly), they still look like they are skipping.

Fjordson

I have my go-to flying mount in Mimiron's Head, but I need a sweet ground mount. I have Oondasta's mount which is actually pretty rare and cool looking, but I'm sort of tired of it and it looks too similar to the other Direhorn mounts. I've been farming Alysrazor's mount for a while now on multiple characters and I solo heroic Lich King every week for Invincible so hopefully I'll have one of those by the time WoD is out. If not I'll probably just use my Qiraji mount from archaeology.

Rösti;117849023 said:
There was a dev comment a while ago stating that capping Valor won't be as interesting in WoD as in MoP, so I don't know if it would make much sense with a permanent increase. But it certainly would be nice to have an increased weekly Valor cap for the remainder of MoP. 16000 Valor per week would be enough to upgrade all items to full level (actually Blizzard increased the item upgrade level to a possible 6/6, but it's hidden and currently not in use).
Yeah, just something temporary until the end of MoP makes sense to me. Doesn't even need to be that much. Around 2500 a week give or take 500 would be nice.

th3dude

Anyone have any good resources for someone potentially getting back into the game? I haven't played since Spring 2012 and it seems like so much has changed (a lot of the changes on paper I'm very excited about). But logging in I feel a bit lost.

My decently geared 85 feels lost. I don't know where to go to level/gear from here. Could also use a guild :p

strafer

Anyone have any good resources for someone potentially getting back into the game? I haven't played since Spring 2012 and it seems like so much has changed (a lot of the changes on paper I'm very excited about). But logging in I feel a bit lost.

My decently geared 85 feels lost. I don't know where to go to level/gear from here. Could also use a guild :p

If you're guildless its enough to just login and you will get spammed with invites left and right

Tamanon

Banned
Has anybody played WoW on a MacBook Air? Thinking of picking one up for school, and this is the only PC game I play period, wondering how it runs.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
No alpha today:

To update everyone, we're in the process of working on a suitable alpha build to get testers into the Shadowmoon Valley Alliance experience. Unfortunately, given the nature of this process, we don't anticipate being able to bring the alpha realms back online today. Our goal is to identify a working build so that we can deploy it tomorrow for alpha participants to test out.

As always, we appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing your feedback about Shadowmoon Valley. :)
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13204700371?page=4#66

strafer

As part of our continued efforts to curb exploitive behavior and improve the overall PvP experience for our players, we’re applying a couple hotfixes that will make a few changes to how the Deserter debuff functions, and also apply it to Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds.

Once these hotfixes are applied, a player who leaves an Arena or Rated Battleground before anyone in the match has entered combat will, at first, be given a 5-minute Deserter debuff. If they leave another match prematurely within a 20-minute window, the duration of the Deserter debuff will increase by 5 minutes each time (and the 20-minute window will restart), to a maximum of 20 minutes. The debuff will also apply if a player leaves the queue (or ignores it) once the match is ready and they’re given the prompt to enter.

The Deserter debuff given for leaving a Random Battleground early will also be changed to begin at 5 minutes (and increase by 5 minutes for each subsequent desertion), but otherwise the rules will stay the same. Leaving a Random Battleground in progress at any point before it’s finished will give the Deserter debuff, and leaving or ignoring the prompt to enter a Random Battleground will not.

We’re currently in the process of preparing and testing the hotfix, but hope to push it live with this week’s maintenance period.

For my ground mounts I've cycled through them and largely stick with my macro for a random jeweled cat but I also like Flametalon, silver covenant or flameward hippogryph, spectral steed, talbuks, and brawler mushan. I started MoP using talbuks but those are fairly common due to relative ease in getting them.

Honestly I just love the flying space cats. I use them all the time and really only hop on other mounts when showing off mounts and bored.

Talbuk.

It won't be, not at all.

I'm starting to think that may be my only option. No one on my server is even doing them. How much are they on your server?

1up

Haha, I've been planning on getting Mimiron's Head for almost 3 years now. Good luck.

witness

So I played for a couple of hours last night and finally got my hunter in a competent group for the second wing of SoO. No under geared tanks or shitty healer problems this time. Just a quick full clear, no loot for me off the last two bosses but I didn't care. I'm just glad I completed it finally. I won't be able to play very much tonight, but my plan for him this week is to hit The Fallen Protectors and Galakras quick and hopefully get either bow from them,I will use my bonus rolls if I have to. After that I'll just continue his progression through the second half of SoO.

My plan for my alts currently is to work my way up with my Monk, up to two hours 50% xp stacked and it will likely keep building this week. At this rate he will just fly through outlands, and slowly level up my shaman from 86. I am putting my DK on the back burner for now until I'm satisfied with my hunters gear. I'm switching him from enhancement to elemental with quest rewards. He's always been enhancement since I made him 6 years ago and raided with him, so I figure now it's time to change. I will always keep an enhancement set though if I want to switch back.

Fjordson

I'm starting to think that may be my only option. No one on my server is even doing them. How much are they on your server?
You should download the mod oqueue and try that before buying. I think you'll be able to find a group pretty easily since normal raids can be cross-realm now. It's basically a cross realm browser for raids and various groups for old content. I only started using it about a month ago, but it works great.

That's kind of a bummer you can't find any normal groups, though. What server are you on? I see pugs forming in trade basically 24/7 on Sargeras. Hell, I even see heroic pugs.

ampere

You should download the mod oqueue and try that before buying. I think you'll be able to find a group pretty easily since normal raids can be cross-realm now. It's basically a cross realm browser for raids and various groups for old content. I only started using it about a month ago, but it works great.

That's kind of a bummer you can't find any normal groups, though. What server are you on? I see pugs forming in trade basically 24/7 on Sargeras. Hell, I even see heroic pugs.

Also try Openraid.us. Great website for forming pugs, I've used it dozens of times for challenge modes and raids.

lazygecko

I am really digging how the female orc makeover is turning out. Especially the revised hairstyles, with cool mohawks that no longer look like awful super-stretched out alpha textures. I've had a female orc shaman as my main since 2006. Call it an acquired taste.

Anxiously awaiting a showcase of the human male makeover. I have this lingering feeling that a lot of people expect them to tone down the neck tumors and gigantic arms, not realizing that those are stylistic choices rather than results of technical limitations.

Druid from 73 to 78 today. Not bad, considering I'm pretty sick of Northrend by now. To the point that I skip most if not all the dungeons. Probably get the last two levels in Storm Peaks before resting him a bit in anticipation of the Cata content.

Tamanon

Banned
Started up an Enhancement Shaman last night, up to 20 or so now. With heirlooms he really tears through mobs. Especially if Windsong goes off at that level.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need new models. Every time I run by a Pandaren while on my Orc, I just notice how out of place my Orc looks. Like I'm running by Chanel in my Wal-Mart clothes.

I don't need to be buying race changes.

Milennia

Im on US-stormrage, my guild only sells heroic, but there are a good few guilds on the server that sell normal kills for about 25k or around that point.

As others have said, you could try open queue or openraid to try for them if you'd like as well.
Another option is just to cross realm group with the dudes on my server, there are TONS of groups, as its one of the most populated in the world, alliance only basically.

depending on your gear, your almost guaranteed to get a group, most oqueue groups don't even check until your in the instance.

I would second Openraid as well for finding a Garrosh kill (though oQueue could work too - it's more "pug-like"). So long as you have an otherwise appropriate item level (~555+), finding a group to kill him shouldn't be too hard.

So I'm in the shittiest PUG right now via openraid on my lock and two purified bindings drop. I roll a fucking 13. 13 mothafucka. FML. Probably not making it past Norushen, certainly not past Sha. Really shoulda just quit or ninjalogged, even if I got negative comments/karma.

Neverfade

Can anyone recommend a lightweight addon for Raid Frames? I've been using Xperl, and while I love it for me and my target's frames, the raid shit is way too much. I need something simple, clean, and can list roles (tank, healer, or DPS). Anything out there meet my needs?

Edit: Think I stumbled upon a solution, aptly named CompactRaid.

Also try Openraid.us. Great website for forming pugs, I've used it dozens of times for challenge modes and raids.

Im on US-stormrage, my guild only sells heroic, but there are a good few guilds on the server that sell normal kills for about 25k or around that point.

As others have said, you could try open queue or openraid to try for them if you'd like as well.
Another option is just to cross realm group with the dudes on my server, there are TONS of groups, as its one of the most populated in the world, alliance only basically.

depending on your gear, your almost guaranteed to get a group, most oqueue groups don't even check until your in the instance.

At this point all the groups I'm finding want me to have killed him already. Most of my gear is in the 520s so I have to bulk it up. Any suggestions?

Entropia

No One Remembers
At this point all the groups I'm finding want me to have killed him already. Most of my gear is in the 520s so I have to bulk it up. Any suggestions?

Your best option is to find flex groups, get your ilvl up a bit more. oQueue/OpenRaid groups tend to be a bit lame in that they typically want people who overgear the instance in the first place, it's kind of stupid.

Fjordson

LFR gear upgrades into the 540's. Get some pieces in there until your item level is above 530. Then you'll be able to get into most flex groups, gear in flex starts at 540 and upgrades into the 550's. Then once your item level is around 550 you'll be able to get into a bunch of normal groups.

With the new added upgrades it's not too hard to get up there. I just recently boosted my shaman to 90 and started raiding and I'm already at 551 item lvl.

strafer

Yay, shoulders from Protectors.

Tauren_Dancing.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what it is about Galakras. But someone DCs EVERY time. And this is 10 man, so it's not like there's that many things on screen. But it always happens. It's either one of the tanks(either one is interchangeable as it has happened to both) or one of the paladin healer.

I'm on azuremyst, alliance. I transferred all my toons to this server because my guild was active (a couple of folks from work) but it literally fell apart the week I got married. We stopped raiding and people haven't come back. I'm not going to spend a ton of money to transfer to another server so I'm stuck here. My wife's toons are here as well.

When I would play with Rokam I would always be surprised at his server and how fucking full it was.

So I did 79-81 2/3s on my druid solely off summer festival bonfires and pet battles.

And I...I..actually bought a flawless battle pet stone for ~3k. I am ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom