• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilmer_

This is a staggered release of keys, not many went out today and consider yourself very lucky if you aren't a youtube or twitch 'personality'. The WoW veterans thing was a big ruse.

vilmer_

Don't know about that. Several of my guildies and irl friends got invited.

A lot of people thought the veteran thing meant that the older your account, the better chance you had. It's more of a case of who's been active. Even then it's not a guarantee... We all know those who have never had a beta invite over many years :/

Bizazedo

A lot of people thought the veteran thing meant that the older your account, the better chance you had. It's more of a case of who's been active. Even then it's not a guarantee... We all know those who have never had a beta invite over many years :/

Never getting a beta invite doesn't mean "Veteran", though.

I was in WoW since vanilla beta with one break of not paying. I got in /shrug.

Bizazedo

Beta feels....not as advanced as prior betas. The constant world crashes aren't what I mean, that's expected. I mean the little things. Garrosh still in Orgrimmar, the big blue block that says Draenor in the map instead of art, the enemy NPC's in the first quest die almost immediately after like one attack.

I dunno.

One nice touch is the friendly NPC's fighting the Iron Horde, Alliance and Horde alike, all have names and are dressed like PC's. One even had the title the patient. Kind of nice.

Good LFR tonight. Got new bracers, hand token, galakaras DPS trinket for my DK and got the tank trinket off of iron juggernaut. Also coined DPS legs off of Xuen.

At this point I'm wondering if I should continue building my DPS set or focus in tanking. The end result is I want to get a normal kill on Garrosh. Not sure the best route to take. Thoughts? Also what should I upgrade?

RoninChaos is my armory name. Draenei DK.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
This whole faction city change is so overblown. Another no flying situation. It blows my mind how worked up this community can get over the dumbest things.

Roadblocked on Shamans tonight, which is a farm boss. Just so many things that can go wrong. Personally I find it easy as melee, but fuck that fight being such a hindrance to my raid group.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So I got into the beta thanks to a friend letting me play his account. Messed around a little bit, the enemies seem pretty weak unless you pull a ton. The world server wen't down and set me back a good bit progress wise. Gonna hold off a little bit, but wow, the environment of the jungle looks crazy good. Such good colors. The dark portal is HUUUUUUGGGE.

If anyone else got in, I'd recommend doing your binds/etc quickly, then leaving the game so they save as the absolute first thing.

Peachpies

I assume non subscribers won't be able to get into the beta?
If you are able to check the wow option in the beta preferences or it is already checked you can get in even if you don't have a current subscription to wow.
Roadblocked on Shamans tonight, which is a farm boss. Just so many things that can go wrong. Personally I find it easy as melee, but fuck that fight being such a hindrance to my raid group.
How are you doing the fight that being melee is such a hindrance?

TheContact

I'm surprised my account didn't get beta flagged, my registration date is in nov 2004 and I'm usually in the first couple rounds of invites at least =x Oh well it should come soon I hope, if not I actually wouldn't mind too much, it would be nice to load up an expansion for the first time without knowing what to expect

JoeMartin

I'm surprised my account didn't get beta flagged, my registration date is in nov 2004 and I'm usually in the first couple rounds of invites at least =x Oh well it should come soon I hope, if not I actually wouldn't mind too much, it would be nice to load up an expansion for the first time without knowing what to expect

Mine is as well, and have had an active account for the vast majority of that time - have literally never gotten a beta invite to a single Blizzard game.

If you are able to check the wow option in the beta preferences or it is already checked you can get in even if you don't have a current subscription to wow.

How are you doing the fight that being melee is such a hindrance?

No no - melee is easy as hell - it's usually hill team healers dealing with tombs (where losing one can cascade) or something going wrong at the bottom that screws us. Part of it last night was having a new tank on the bottom, and positioning with that. Hopefully we knock it out in a pull or two tonight because we're definitely gonna need the time on Malkorok which we just downed for the first time last week. Especially since we're looking to push through Spoils in a few pulls so we can get work in on Thok this coming week with our extend.

Fjordson

Well, finished the Bone-White raptor grind already. Went way faster than expected, did it in two longer sessions. Was ready for it to take me days.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, Wowhead won't send out the beta codes until July 3. Was hoping to have a chance to test this weekend.

Bizazedo

Current tier warrior helm for Tauren looks different in the Beta. It covers a huge amount of my head, goes back like halfway. Looks far more badass.

Hixx

Watched the FatBoss video on Shadowmoon Burial Grounds... probably the coolest looking 5 man ever. Looks seriously awesome, definitely something I can see myself running numerous times just because of the atmosphere. Not been able to say that about a WoW dungeon for a long time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what would be a good mount perk? Something that I feel would just be more quality of life than game breaking, and I certainly feel it would be less advantageous than the vendor/reforger right now.

A profession trainer so I can skill up instead of flying back to the capital every time my stupid secondary gets close to capping on alts.

Watched the FatBoss video on Shadowmoon Burial Grounds... probably the coolest looking 5 man ever. Looks seriously awesome, definitely something I can see myself running numerous times just because of the atmosphere. Not been able to say that about a WoW dungeon for a long time.
Yeah, that one along with Temple of the Jade Serpent make me wonder why Blizz doesn't save that kind of art for raids. Raids like Siege are extremely underwhelming, art-wise, IMO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whenever I go into a new zone to level an alt, I'm already too high for the zone after the first hub. I get wanting to speed up leveling, but this feels so poorly paced, especially since they went to all that work to 'fix' the leveling process in Cata. They need to either admit how busted the leveling process is now and lower the value of boosts or revamp it yet again. Or maybe just unlock FPs from the start anyways since so much of the leveling process now is just running from zone to zone to zone to zone every 10 minutes once you outlevel it.

Milennia

Got beta, dcing almost constantly, just going to wait for it to fully download now.

bunch of guilds got in so we are going to physically walk into one of the dungeons tonight, should be fun.

but man, its hell right now with all the lag etc.
almost 92 which is the current cap.

I lost 8k on GCG tonight :(

On the plus side, got Heroic tier gloves, and a heroic ring off Shaman.

0% wipe on spoils though, but we'll get it next week for sure.

Rokam

So apparently I had a spectral mount I never claimed... from 2012. Was just dicking around on the account management page. I'm assuming it was someone from gaf that subbed, so thank you stranger!

So I quad-upgraded a regular heroic ring that I got this week. Kinda regretting it when I still have a 2/4 WF (normal mode) Evil Eye. Especially since that would be a bigger DPS increase. I just keep holding out hope for a heroic Evil Eye that hasn't come yet. Will probably upgrade it and my 2/4 heroic bracers next week unless we down Thok and I get something off him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope there's CM armor sets. The weapons are doing nothing for me, and that would be incredibly lazy to only make weapons with no armor as weapons wouldn't even take half the amount of effort.

Tritroid

Woohoo got a Beta invite. (Subbed since 2004).

Been dabbling around in Tanaan Jungle, the new models really add more to the game than I thought they would.

Lovin it so far, but damn they have a long way to go before release.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Been dabbling around in Tanaan Jungle, the new models really add more to the game than I thought they would.

When did you receive the invite? Seems some people got invites yesterday, I'm wondering if some will go out today as well.

Yeah, I've just been in Frostfire and I really like it so far - when I can play. If there's not overall disconnects, my pet keeps disappearing and I can't summon or dismiss or call and it gets really shitty when you jump to a new phased area and you're surrounded by crap. There's a ton of little things that keep popping up. PvE server was unplayable for me and I actually moved over to the PvP one which allowed me to actually get to some of the content.

I do crack up though at the people who are like... whelp, I hit 92, I'll come back when cap has been increased. There's so much to test and so much to do. So many rares and extra objectives and everything else.

But like I said... I like it so far. I was really missing new content. BM really han't changed much for me in terms of my rotation. I trimmed a lot of stuff I didn't feel keen on to begin with in Pandaria and it almost feels like we're in agreement on what those things were. I am sad that I have to choose between Murder of Crows and Stampede because I loved having both of them. *chuckles* I miss making sure my hunter's mark is up too. :p

The thing for me will be to try and be helpful for the beta while not just outright doing the entire expansion. I do want to leave something for my main to experience new when it officially releases.

Nice man. Warlock set is so awesome.

I really need to try and get at least one set. I'm still a bit intimidated by CM's, though :lol figure they're tough shit.

Depends on what role you are taking, as a dps its pretty easy. There's more pressure on both healer and tank tbh. If either one dies, the entire party is fucked. Have at least one battle resser and one with hero/timewarp and someone with a decent aoe.

Everyone needs to communicate, synchronise and cycle through their offensive and defensive cool down's. I also farmed gear with as much gem slots as I can and the suitable dps trinkets.

Fjordson

Depends on what role you are taking, as a dps its pretty easy. There's more pressure on both healer and tank tbh. If either one dies, the entire party is fucked. Have at least one battle resser and one with hero/timewarp and someone with a decent aoe.

Everyone needs to communicate, synchronise and cycle through their offensive and defensive cool down's. I also farmed gear with as much gem slots as I can and the suitable dps trinkets.
Interesting. My main is a hunter so I'd have to do them as DPS.

It scales down your gear right? My hunter is 574 so his gear is decent, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Interesting. My main is a hunter so I'd have to do them as DPS.

It scales down your gear right? My hunter is 574 so his gear is decent, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Yeah, everything goes down to 463. Hunters usually do a ton of damage when it comes to large pulls of trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom