• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

Question for Herbalists/Alchemists, how the fuck do you find Golden Lotuses besides from using the motes to buy 2?

I can't fucking find any to farm and make some flasks. I use to make alot of money off of Flasks in Cata, but now in MoP, I can barely make any.

Use your farm. Once you get the seeds that create random pandaren herbs, you can gather something like 6 a day from there.

Boogdud

Finished the green fire quest last night after several tries last night. How in the hell is it that this very difficult quest does not have at very least a feat of strength? I mean they practically hand out achievements for paying your subscription at this point. Pretty disappointing to have something that was actually pretty challenging and not getting a fos at the end of it. I guess the green fire IS the achievement, but I just found it odd.

Khezu

How long does it take to get to a mail box in the panda starting zone?

I created one to see some animations, but the stupid exp thing is in his mail box and it won't let me delete him.

Rokam

How long does it take to get to a mail box in the panda starting zone?

I created one to see some animations, but the stupid exp thing is in his mail box and it won't let me delete him.

There isn't one, either have to complete the zone or put in a ticket.

I'm really tempted to try Timeless isle with my lock, but I'm worried I will get destroyed. I feel like I finally got my aff rotation down though.

Jag

I'm really tempted to try Timeless isle with my lock, but I'm worried I will get destroyed.

I wouldn't worry about it. locks and hunters rock the Isle. It's a pet class paradise. Do the quests and get some welfare gear right away. Hell, I'm farming it on my 87 DK.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a lore question. Why are all the Horde people so fucking stupid? So firstly, Sylvannas. We all know this one. She's like the little sister who just gets slapped on the wrist when her head should have been cut off years ago. The plague, the Valkyrs, the Kolitra stuff(Do they ever even follow up on that? Shouldn't Mograine want to blow her head off for misusing 'his people'), and finishing the Goblin starting zone. WHY WOULD THRALL LEAVE GALYWIX IN CHARGE. In what world does that make sense? 'Hey you tried to kill me until you lost so I'll reward you by letting you still be in charge even though pretty much all your people hate you, and the 'champion' is qualified to take your job anyways.' Like, I get why they wouldn't give it to you because that wouldn't make sense, but they could have easily done a quest where you say that you can't do it, but you go get Sassy or someone to take lead. And Saurfang is staying in Northrend because he doesn't like Garrosh or whatever he's becoming. So your solution is to let EVERYONE else deal with it while you hide in Northrend? No wonder your son died.

Somebody needs to go Galvatron on these fools.

kirblar

TBC is full of Draenei lore. Shattrath is a Draenei capital city, the Exodar was originally part of Tempest Keep, there are Draenei cities all over Outland, about half of the Alliance towns are Draenei-oriented, and a good portion of Outland lore is dedicated to the Draenei's presence there, even if it is due to the infamous Blizzard retconning technique.

Worgen, though, vanished after their starting zone, aside from a few NPCs here and there and some questlines that mention or briefly involve them. That quest in The Blasted Lands where you put the spirits of the Gilnean shipwreck to rest comes to mind. I feel like Gilneas became more important to the Horde than it did to the Alliance. Its second half is done on the Horde side, in the Undead zone! It makes sense, lore wise, but they really couldn't make it an Alliance quest hub, too? The Goblins got Azshara, and the Worgen got dumped off in Darkshore. Come on.
The problem is that the Worgen are just humans that have been turned into werewolves. They're not really their own race.

Jag

So it ports you to the regular grave yard? It doesn't kick you back to the main land?

You are going to die alot. Don't sweat it. It's not a big deal. Lots of places to rez. You will also get consumables from drops and quests and stuff in the environment that will buff you. You are meant to use all of it, so don't save the consumables, use them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The problem is that the Worgen are just humans that have been turned into werewolves. They're not really their own race.
I don't know, Gilnean society and culture seem pretty different from Stormwind's. This is a good point, though.

Salamando

Being mostly human isn't the problem. The Kirin Tor are mostly humans and elves, yet they feel distinct. The grimtotems feel different from the Thunder Bluff Tauren...and all the assorted Orc clans feel different from each other.

What the Worgen really lack is any kind of real defining characteristic beyond just "werewolves". Night Elves commune with nature, Dwarves are explorers and diggers, Gnomes build stuff...what do the Worgen do?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I mean, couldn't you say the same of the Forsaken?
What the Worgen really lack is any kind of real defining characteristic beyond just "werewolves". Night Elves commune with nature, Dwarves are explorers and diggers, Gnomes build stuff...what do the Worgen do?

Say gabbing all the fucking time

Natterot

Banned
Anyone want to send me a scroll of resurrection? My account expired last September right before MOP released. Want to try game out again with a free lvl 80.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone want to send me a scroll of resurrection? My account expired last September right before MOP released. Want to try game out again with a free lvl 80.

Did you ever get a scroll during cata or towards the end of wrath? you're probably not eligible, but I can try sending you one if you're US. PM me your email.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Paladin - Holy or Prot? Haven't played one since WOTLK.

My warrior's already a tank and my priest is already a healer. And I don't want to do ret.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I already have a frost DK and I plan to make an Enhancement Shaman when new Orc models show up. I'm good on melee dps.

Ultratech

Well this is an interesting hotfix:

The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health.
If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up.
The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players.

They are actually instant Druids in wolf form who can learn another class apart from their semi perma wolf form, something something lost arts they re learned like the paladin taurens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's another thing! Orcs should have been Paladins instead of Tauren. Orcs seem like they're basically up for whatever. Taurens just seem too 'earthy' to be Paladins. Kind of like Night Elves.

The point's already been made a million times, but I either wish they were WAY more strict with race/class combos or just remove them completely. Get rid of all this middle ground. The moment Blood Elf warriors became a thing was the moment that I should have been able to make an Orcadin.

Tarazet

Considering I have to use Evocation almost every 50-55 secs for the 15% spell buff, its not that bad. And its the only heal mages have when soloing stuff. And I never found the water elemental dps to be even worth mentioning. Anyway, its not like i'm constantly moving in most fights.

You should never be using Evocation again until the buff expires. If you're casting Evocation while the buff is still up so that you refresh it just as it expires, you're throwing upwards of 10% of your DPS out the window.

That's another thing! Orcs should have been Paladins instead of Tauren. Orcs seem like they're basically up for whatever. Taurens just seem too 'earthy' to be Paladins. Kind of like Night Elves.

The point's already been made a million times, but I either wish they were WAY more strict with race/class combos or just remove them completely. Get rid of all this middle ground. The moment Blood Elf warriors became a thing was the moment that I should have been able to make an Orcadin.

Orcs are too chaotic and evil to be defenders of the Light and Justice, kinda strange how they killed their on Warlocks before SoO but They perfectly fit the Warrior class without a doubt.

Kenai

While this isn't really shown in game, Tauren Paladins and Priests are actually significantly different from other Paladins and Priests in lore terms. It's actually a subset of Tauren who worship the sun and stuff. It's 'light" in the sense that it's sunlight and I'm sure making them more sun-like with their spells would be more trouble than it's worth. I'm not even sure that the "real" Sunwalker abilities are that similar to them either but ah well.

Since all playable Orcs were the same ones who were tainted by demon blood it kind of makes sense that the Light wouldn't care too much for them since they don't have any light capturing skills like Blood Elves did at one point I guess. I'd still like an Orc priest though, would be nice to have more healer options available to them. I'm also kinda wondering why there's no Undead Paladins when there are Undead Holy Priests tho, although that might just be a technicality since it would come naturally game wise along with the more "canon" Disc/Shadow specs. Maybe Undead Paladins would combust from their own light powerz or something.

So....after playing Alliance now for more than I have in however many years, Stormwind is dumb. The layout sucks for moving around. Maybe better if you have flying, but eh.

Darnassus I like but you don't really get to use it (maybe Emerald Dream Xpac sometime?) and Ironforge is alright.

Orgrimmar > all Alliance cities though. Not sure where I'd rank the Horde cities.

Loxley

In terms of shear practicality, I still think Ironforge is the best city in the game. I mean, it's a giant circle - tough to get lost in. Especially with multiple paths running through the center.

I love Orgrimmar, but it sucks ass for a non-flying character.

Still better than Thunder Bluff in that regard though.

Undercity would be better if you didn't have to use the elevators to get in. And no, I don't count the sewer tunnel in the back.

Silvermoon is actually pretty nice, but it's got that TBC capital ghetto effect going on - no flying, etc.

Fjordson

Stormwind and Ironforge are my favourite cities.

IF is just cozy, I still remember when it was the main hang out area for Alliance.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Still better than Thunder Bluff in that regard though.

Undercity would be better if you didn't have to use the elevators to get in. And no, I don't count the sewer tunnel in the back.

Silvermoon is actually pretty nice, but it's got that TBC capital ghetto effect going on - no flying, etc.

At least you don't have to wait for elevators to get to the flightpath in Thunder Bluff.

Ironforge is still the best though.

At least you don't have to wait for elevators to get to the flightpath in Thunder Bluff.

Ironforge is still the best though.

Well the FP is in that spiral staircase totem tower, which is about as bad, depending on if the elevator wait was long or short.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ give escalators

Jag

I'm getting really sick of SW being the main alliance hub especially since it is still destroyed. Hopefully they either fix it or switch to a different main city in WoD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm getting really sick of SW being the main alliance hub especially since it is still destroyed. Hopefully they either fix it or switch to a different main city in WoD.

They won't. Cataclysm and Pandaria said to me Blizzard doesn't care about the other cities, and they find it offensive that other people still do. They're trying to kill IF and UC. But unlike Darnassus and Thunderbluff, UC and IF will live on because they're not shitty like those other cities.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dear SFK tank,
You have a bright future ahead of you, I am sure. But you should know, you probably shouldn't let things hit the healer. I understand that it happens, but the fact that the hunter has to get it off of me after about 2 minutes says a lot.

Fjordson

Both factions are getting a new city for WoD. Though Blizz may omit some things in order to make players go back to the old cities like they've done with the last few new cities (no auction house and whatnot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom