• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

They won't. Cataclysm and Pandaria said to me Blizzard doesn't care about the other cities, and they find it offensive that other people still do. They're trying to kill IF and UC. But unlike Darnassus and Thunderbluff, UC and IF will live on because they're not shitty like those other cities.

While it didn't get the overhaul that Stormwind did, there's a fair few changes Cataclysm brought to IF.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
While it didn't get the overhaul that Stormwind did, there's a fair few changes Cataclysm brought to IF.

Meh. An underground room that was only interesting to visit once to see a frozen/stoned Dwarf King.

Might as well mention Darnassus that got a new tree-house for the Worgens.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I feel like warforged seals should land on "loot" more reliably than they do, in the past 3 weeks i've only gotten the loot roll once, which basically makes it a 12% chance...it should be at least 50%.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there any chance of gear disappearing from vendors? What I mean is that I want to buy the Season 10 PVP set from the vendor for transmog purposes with honor points when I get my hunter high enough, but I need to know if I need to 'rush' and how much if so.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
For you maybe, but not for me.

post-28369-Cheryl-Cole-ok-eye-roll-gif-wh-tLrl.gif

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there any chance of gear disappearing from vendors? What I mean is that I want to buy the Season 10 PVP set from the vendor for transmog purposes with honor points when I get my hunter high enough, but I need to know if I need to 'rush' and how much if so.

The season 10 set vanished for a split second from the game, I think it just vanished between 5.0 and 5.2 when they added it to a vendor in dalaran I think?

Basically I don't think there is a chance for anything besides challenge mode gear to vanish.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every WoD belt needs to have a buckle of some kind especially with new models.

I don't want to see one 'pasted on' belt in that new content.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Every WoD belt needs to have a buckle of some kind especially with new models.

I don't want to see one 'pasted on' belt in that new content.

I'd love to see them come with a new model for chest armor that isn't just a texture on the skin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Displayed quivers(I know they don't exist anymore but just have one 'matching' the bow they have equipped) and off-hands would be nice. Hanging off the waist like that one Pandaren in the Setting Sun heroic

JCizzle

Displayed quivers(I know they don't exist anymore but just have one 'matching' the bow they have equipped) and off-hands would be nice. Hanging off the waist like that one Pandaren in the Setting Sun heroic

That's on their long term to do list I think, you should see it at some point.

Shahadan

Chimeira mount is yummy. Probably a sign of what's to come in WoD.
I guess I'll just have to find the willingness to blow 20€ on a mount.

Or more if it's for WoD's CE ;(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny thing is I don't think it 'fits' any of my characters(yeah, i'm that kind of person), but it's still nice to have.

Cipherr

*sniff* but I don't wanna faarrrrmmmm *sniff*

Youll learn to like it lol. I didnt want to either. But now, not having to farm mobs for anything or chase nodes for lotus and whatnot is lovely. Spend a couple minutes planting seeds and let the resources come to me. I love it.

Tamanon

Banned
Most surprising way to get Lotuses for me was killing a rare in the vale and getting 8 stacks of herbs from the bag he had. One entire stack of Golden Lotuses!

Quake1028

So, I played around 1,200 hours of WoW over one calendar year. Quit cold turkey. Last night, on a whim, I did the free 10 day trial of Pandaria. Should be done when I get home tonight. I have a level 80 epic (for back then) Mage.

What have I done.....

JCizzle

So, I played around 1,200 hours of WoW over one calendar year. Quit cold turkey. Last night, on a whim, I did the free 10 day trial of Pandaria. Should be done when I get home tonight. I have a level 80 epic (for back then) Mage.

What have I done.....

Embrace the coming addiction!

strafer

What have I done.....

You're already addicted!

Boogdud

Chimeira mount is yummy. Probably a sign of what's to come in WoD.
I guess I'll just have to find the willingness to blow 20€ on a mount.

Or more if it's for WoD's CE ;(

I don't get the jet engines on a mount that already has wings? Other than they wanted to reuse the animation from the Golem's barrel roll/boost. I notice it also copies the side to side golem motion when it's gliding. Am I the only on that doesn't care for that swoopy side-to-side motion when flying? I find it makes it more difficult to 'aim' where I'm going. At least the Chimera doesn't do it constantly like the golem does.

The model itself (chimera) looks pretty good, except for those engines or whatever.

Demy

Anyone want a free mount? My friend could use a Scroll of Res to get on and play with me. I would but I'm still on the free 7 days myself to maximize game time.

PM me for the email.

EDIT: Taken by either SolVanderlyn or Dragonzord. Thanks a bunch!
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

Tamanon

Banned

What have I done.....

Man....wait until you shoot your first Frost Orb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love being on a high pop server. Up to 558 item lvl on my hunter despite not being in a guild.

My realm sucks, and I have no idea if it's worth paying for a server transfer because I know I already want to change their race, so that's like 50 dollars :|

My realm sucks, and I have no idea if it's worth paying for a server transfer because I know I already want to change their race, so that's like 50 dollars :|

I've done server transfers, and it's definitely worth it if it makes you happier playing the game. Still more than I'd want to pay, but worth it. They might have a sale on the services again sometime, I know they did once.

Tamanon

Banned

Might just wait for the 90 boost to start on a new server. That way you can at least see if that'll solve your woes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remembered that I've got a RAF who can just boost my warrior to 85, lol. Planning on saving my boost for an Enh shaman with the new Orc model

You guys think with item squishing will make it a little easier for a tank to go into DPS spec without having to change gear? With spellpower gone, it's a lot easier for a healer to go dps than a tank to go dps due to parry and all that, and I just hate carrying around all that extra gear. They ought to let you 'pack' it all into a little box within your bags or something then unload it when you need it.

Tamanon

Banned
I remembered that I've got a RAF who can just boost my warrior to 85, lol. Planning on saving my boost for an Enh shaman with the new Orc model

You guys think with item squishing will make it a little easier for a tank to go into DPS spec without having to change gear? With spellpower gone, it's a lot easier for a healer to go dps than a tank to go dps due to parry and all that, and I just hate carrying around all that extra gear. They ought to let you 'pack' it all into a little box within your bags or something then unload it when you need it.

Parry and Dodge are gone in WoD along with the item squish. Basically everyone will use the same main gear(even STR changes to INT if needed) and just have spec-specific cloak/rings/trinket/neck.

So it'll be much easier to dual-spec thankfully.

Ultratech

Been working on getting Cata Dungeon Achievements lately.

Had a bunch of 'em done from Cata, but still had a good chunk of 'em left.

Managed to get most of what I had left completed over the last day or two, with only Blackrock Caverns and one achievement in Deadmines left.

Cata dungeon runs are pretty decent money surprisingly.

I love being on a high pop server. Up to 558 item lvl on my hunter despite not being in a guild.

I'm up to 554 on my Hunter now. Been trying to get into Normals lately.

Lucked out last week and got into one and won Tier Chest and some Gloves.

I think bg's may be the most unfun experience in the game compared to the last 3 expansions.

It's absurd how monk and holy priests can just keep themselves alive just by doing instant casts in battlegrounds. Honestly even if development is based on consensus, I hope whoever gets put in next for lead designers rules with an iron fist and has half a brain when it comes to what is fun.

It's pretty messed up when I do more physical damage to a plate + shield wearing healer than I can a holy priest who just hops around doing instant casts.

Timeless isles place is pretty awesome.

I hope they do more things like this in WoD.

I desperately hope they can wed the concepts behind Timeless Isle, Tol Barad and Wintergrasp because those put together would suck away more of my hours than anything else ingame. Timeless Isle's PVP incentives are weak, while Tol Barad and Wintergrasp's questing focus was mindless drudgery. Just bolt the Isle's focus on rares and lucky discovery onto 8-12 monstrous cross-server pvp battles per 24 hours with a raid boss as the prize and I'm in heaven.

If you could solo a healer it would be fairly pointless to play them.

Not entirely. If you protect your healer he provides sustainability. It seems the blizzard moved away from the trinity model and tried to make every class self sufficient. Every class seems to have some sort of cc breaker, cc, and self heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom