• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Just so I'm sure, there isn't really a set of heirlooms specifically for ret paladins, right? They just use all the Valor stuff that warriors can use along with the Arcanite Reaper.

Rokam

No matter how many times I tell myself I'm just going to keep quiet this LFR, I always end up in a group where no one leads and I'm forced to do it so the group can clear. I hate people, and it's frustrating as hell.

Just so I'm sure, there isn't really a set of heirlooms specifically for ret paladins, right? They just use all the Valor stuff that warriors can use along with the Arcanite Reaper.

Correct, it's just skinned like the old warrior gear.

Interesting that all my mounts and other crap like that carry over to this new account under my name, but the ability to make a DK doesn't.

Though I think they said they were going to change that. Especially with WoD giving everyone a free 90. I know the server restriction was removed a good while back, I think even before Cata released.

Account-wide heirlooms finally getting delivered on will be a godsend, though it's still kind of fun in a special way to reroll without assistance like that, something I couldn't see myself doing with the ability to avoid it.

Have to remember to not get too attached to the character I'm currently playing since it's an alt throwaway account that I won't be subscribing with in the future.

ampere

I'm having some WoW withdrawal lol. I'm stuck in China on a business trip for another few weeks. Maybe my realm will finally be merged when I get back... I really want to dual box more prot paladins. Debating maining either a Draenei Paladin or Night Elf Druid for WoD.

So this just happened

Grats, still one of my favorite mounts.

Thx! The end CSes were very nice, I'm glad I didn't spoil myself on them ahead of time.
Nice work on Garrosh, yeah I liked the cutscenes too.

Rokam

Why are you killing Kael'thas if you already have the mount? That fight is such a borefest at the current level. Has Kael'thas offended you in some manner?

Pure boredom.

Also fuck Nibbleh. Worst god damn fight. Got him to 15% had quite a bit of room so I ran back further out of melee range and he decides to stop. I seriously get this fight. His random stop bullshit made me rage log.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm having some WoW withdrawal lol. I'm stuck in China on a business trip for another few weeks. Maybe my realm will finally be merged when I get back... I really want to dual box more prot paladins. Debating maining either a Draenei Paladin or Night Elf Druid for WoD.

Giving up on Monks?!: (

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can honestly say I've never been that bored.

Yeah, when i'm bored with WoW, I either make an alt, play another game or do something else entirely. Not kill an old raid boss that gives me nothing good anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did TK once and never want to do it again. That shit takes way too long. I'll wait until 100 when my hunter can aimed one shot them

McNei1y

Yeah, when i'm bored with WoW, I either make an alt, play another game or do something else entirely. Not kill an old raid boss that gives me nothing good anymore.

When I'm bored, I'll run around Org for a bit and then Alt+Tab. Then, I'll either surf the internet for awhile, decide that I want to pvp/make an alt/play an alt, or play another game. I can't even imagine going back to some boss just because. Screw that! Except maybe BWL and MC.

Jag

I did TK once and never want to do it again. That shit takes way too long. I'll wait until 100 when my hunter can aimed one shot them

My Hunter can pretty much do that now. It's just the bullshit in between the Kael fight that takes too long.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like the reaver guy or whatever that does the silence. All my DK can do is autoattack it to death. I can't even DO the magistrix chick

Edit: Well I did it. I transferred my DK over to Zul'Jin. Probably not even the faction or character I'll play much, but I want that heirloom gear to work.

Bisnic

Lol, the thing that makes TK so long isnt the lack of damage someone can do, but all the waiting between each phases because Kaelthas talk too much and wait like a whole minute after you kill all floating weapons in 5 secs before actually doing something. TK will take almost as long to do at lvl 100 than at 90. The only thing that will be different is that killing the adds will take 1 second instead of 3.

Tacitus_

Wait, how do you get a 535 gear piece from TI.

You apply a Burden of Eternity on an unused token. Does not work on the trinkets.
You can get two guaranteed burdens, one is in a chest in the Ordos Sanctuary and the other you get after reaching honored with Shaohao. They also have a low % drop rate from all the mobs there and can be bought for 50k coins.

Quake1028

So, I played around 1,200 hours of WoW over one calendar year. Quit cold turkey. Last night, on a whim, I did the free 10 day trial of Pandaria. Should be done when I get home tonight. I have a level 80 epic (for back then) Mage.

What have I done.....

Here he is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/smolderthorn/Lateran/advanced

So many memories. I have no idea if I want to try to level this guy or level up my Draenei Warrior on Dawnbringer (currently 22), if I stay with the game again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm making a trio of bears(because Pandaren are top tier expansion race and probably my favorite one until new orc models)

and I can't decide. Prot warrior, Marksman Hunter .... But do I go Elemental or Enhancement with the Shaman? On one hand, I did Elemental during WOTLK and that was the first character I ever stuck with. It also gives me more potential to go Resto if I want to go down that branch, that way I have a tank, dps, and a healer, and I've got all the cloth heirloom stuff, so I can use that. On the other hand, I hate that most Shaman have to use staves now. I know that's silly, but it bothers me. I also have a bunch of the heirloom mail from my hunter that I could use. I got kind of bored of Enhancement in BC, but I know the class is way different now. I'm usually not too fond of melee dps, but I have a lot of windfury nostalgia, and Pandarens do look pretty beastly as Enhancement. But they look beastly as everything. But I also wonder just how different my Enh shaman would be from my Frost DK

Decisions, decisions.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Panda ele shaman are top tier! Doo iiittt!!

Honestly pandaren are just so excellently animated. They're amazing to watch in motion, I'd go panda if i didn't have a soft spot for dwarves.

Bisnic

Is it just me or do BM Hunters have too many abilities with long cooldowns? I mean, all i do is spam Arcane Shots, Kill Command and Cobra Shots between my god knows how many abilities with 30 secs/1 min/2 min/3 mins cooldowns.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I'm making a trio of bears(because Pandaren are top tier expansion race and probably my favorite one until new orc models)

and I can't decide. Prot warrior, Marksman Hunter .... But do I go Elemental or Enhancement with the Shaman? On one hand, I did Elemental during WOTLK and that was the first character I ever stuck with. It also gives me more potential to go Resto if I want to go down that branch, that way I have a tank, dps, and a healer, and I've got all the cloth heirloom stuff, so I can use that. On the other hand, I hate that most Shaman have to use staves now. I know that's silly, but it bothers me. I also have a bunch of the heirloom mail from my hunter that I could use. I got kind of bored of Enhancement in BC, but I know the class is way different now. I'm usually not too fond of melee dps, but I have a lot of windfury nostalgia, and Pandarens do look pretty beastly as Enhancement. But they look beastly as everything. But I also wonder just how different my Enh shaman would be from my Frost DK

Decisions, decisions.

Elemental all the way dude.

Quake1028

Damn, my head is spinning. Do I:

Get my mage to 90, he's on Smolderthorn.

Level up my Draenei Warrior, he's level 22 on Dawnbringer.

Roll a new Panda main (what class?) on a new server (which? EST US).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Damn, my head is spinning. Do I:

Get my mage to 90, he's on Smolderthorn.

Level up my Draenei Warrior, he's level 22 on Dawnbringer.

Roll a new Panda main (what class?) on a new server (which? EST US).

Mages are awesome, I abandoned my ret pally as soon as I found out just how fun my mage is! Warriors are also pretty cool but 22 - 90 you'll likely burn out before getting to the meat of the game unless you really enjoy leveling. Pandas are awesome though.

If you ask me I'd just level your mage and if you're not feeling it then reroll as something else on a panda!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've never managed to level a mage past like 20. I always just end up thinking "Why am I not playing a warlock?"

vocab

My recent updates. I hate healing normal garrosh. It's hard, and it's hard when we people can't kill the adds. I don't know if ill ever get a kill on garrosh with my mw. =/

558 on mw.
561 on dk.

Having 2 powerful characters with both meta and cloak is great.

Tacitus_

Decisions, decisions.

? Nothing stopping you going 1h + oh

Quake1028

Mages are awesome, I abandoned my ret pally as soon as I found out just how fun my mage is! Warriors are also pretty cool but 22 - 90 you'll likely burn out before getting to the meat of the game unless you really enjoy leveling. Pandas are awesome though.

If you ask me I'd just level your mage and if you're not feeling it then reroll as something else on a panda!

Where is my next step to go for leveling past 80, preferably solo to start? Is there such an option?

strafer

Where is my next step to go for leveling past 80, preferably solo to start? Is there such an option?

Check the board in your main city. They can point you in the right direction.

But I would suggest doing Hyjal. Unless you like underwater then to Vahsir.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Well you've got Hyjal or Vashj'ir. Quests that lead there can be taken from the heroes billboard things in your capital city.

I'd recommend hyjal. Also queue for dungeons between quests and you'll be 85 in no time! 85 to 90 is much more fluid, all you have to do is complete three zones really, Jade Forest to Valley of the Four Winds to Kun Lai Summit and you'll be 90 in no time!

Bisnic

For mages? I honestly only have good experience with Frost, but its awesome for everything. Solo or dungeons.

Edit: oh, you're asking for zones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom