• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Rösti;119162588 said:
That's an old screen from when CMAA couldn't be enabled via the menu. But I think you should be able to change it in the upper right corner of the settings menu, the frame there.

Edit: It appears the CMAA has been temporarily disabled. It was there yesterday or the day before If I remember correctly. It was then under Anti-Aliasing.
Potentially, you could enable it via the console slash command /console ffxAntiAliasingMode 3. It tells me that CMAA isn't available, but I think this is due to my graphics card. Perhaps you have better luck.

Bet you a million dollars its just going to be FXAA at the end of the day just like DIablo III, and StarCraft 2. Thankfully I can force better through the video card drivers.

Yeah

From top to bottom: no AA, FXAA low, FXAA high, CMAA

I'm assuming CMAA is the best looking? Is there a big performance hit for you?

strafer

So I managed to get in and test my Orc Warlock for about 10 min before the server restart.

But holy shit, the new Orc model is freaking amazing. No words. So damn cool.

I can't login to Live anymore.

dat cast animation

dat running animation

dem facial animations

:)

Thanks. How do you change it? In your screens I don't even see the option for it. I sure hope later on you can force multisample, cause I got the best image quality with that.

If they've switched to a deferred rendering engine (which is the most likely reason why they'd remove MSAA in the first place) then you won't be able to force it. The way deferred rendering works makes MSAA impossible.

They should add support for SSAA to make up for it, though, even if a lot of cards might have a hard time with it. Depending on your card/drivers I think you can force it, though I've never been able to make that work myself.

RPGCrazied

If they've switched to a deferred rendering engine (which is the most likely reason why they'd remove MSAA in the first place) then you won't be able to force it. The way deferred rendering works makes MSAA impossible.

They should add support for SSAA to make up for it, though, even if a lot of cards might have a hard time with it. Depending on your card/drivers I think you can force it, though I've never been able to make that work myself.

Lets hope. I hope they just don't add a check box for AA that uses nothing but FXAA.

My birthday is tomorrow, sure would love to see a beta invite in my email tomorrow. Won't happen though. :p

Must. Acquire. More. Gold.

Busy on the AH tonight, still have something silly like 280 vermilion onyxes to burn through though, not that I'll sell them all tonight. But I should break 400k gold this week (or be close) if things go well.

I can't login to Live anymore.
I know those feels. I'm so ready for all of it so hard and I haven't even seen what my sexy lady cow looks like. I logged on my main last night and just camped Garnia because I wasn't horribly inspired to do much else. I logged onto the PTR afterwards.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not ready. Still don't have any heirloom weapons... Ele or Enhance-wise.

And gearing two specs sucks. Have to be in for just about every fight.

Bizazedo

I'm not ready. Still don't have any heirloom weapons... Ele or Enhance-wise.

And gearing two specs sucks. Have to be in for just about every fight.

If it's any consolation, they've got a loooooot of work to do. You've got time.

That and the beginning loot rewards are like 507, 511, item level. We all probably way way way overgear the first 5-6 levels, if not more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We'll see. I remember beta testing a MMO recently, it may have been Wildstar?, but I remember thinking, 'there's no way this thing is close to done' then they put out a patch that was basically 50% of the content. Either way, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to be killing Garrosh quite a bit even after the juggernaut, so it's not like I'm not going to see the heirlooms.

Only thing I don't like is that your first role is loot specific for BoAs, but the others aren't. When it screws everyone but 2hers.

Bizazedo

We'll see. I remember beta testing a MMO recently, it may have been Wildstar?, but I remember thinking, 'there's no way this thing is close to done' then they put out a patch that was basically 50% of the content. Either way, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to be killing Garrosh quite a bit even after the juggernaut, so it's not like I'm not going to see the heirlooms.

Only thing I don't like is that your first role is loot specific for BoAs, but the others aren't. When it screws everyone but 2hers.

It only matters if you like how they look. Even a fully geared normal raider is probably not going to upgrade until 95, 96. Maybe even 97.

It's kind of sad, honestly.

Fularu

Banned
It only matters if you like how they look. Even a fully geared normal raider is probably not going to upgrade until 95, 96. Maybe even 97.

It's kind of sad, honestly.

It's always been that way and that's fine. The only gearing that really matters will be at max level

ampere

What a night, what a night. A lot of people will be out for Thursday (myself included) due to the 4th of July holiday this week so it was a big deal that we full-cleared tonight. We started off with... me causing a wipe on Immerseus. I pulled threat when standing in the group.... Horrible lol. Felt bad all raid and was trying to focus and make sure I didn't screw up again. We actually had a wipe on Thok (not my fault) and several on Paragons (partially my fault). Wiped once on Garrosh but came back strong and got him down before the end of raid (4 hours). Would have sucked to potentially miss two mounts because of me.

And then after raid I decided to do my weekly Ulduar run since I'm going on a trip Thursday and...

iyYQWzkzvKXza.jpg

Woo! :D Pretty thrilled. I know a friend on my old server will be super pissed lol.

Bizazedo

It's always been that way and that's fine. The only gearing that really matters will be at max level

I know. It just seems more....I dunno, extensive, this time around due to 2/2 and then 4/4 upgrades.

But yeah, I know each expac restarts assuming people haven't raided. They have to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know. It just seems more....I dunno, extensive, this time around due to 2/2 and then 4/4 upgrades.

But yeah, I know each expac restarts assuming people haven't raided. They have to.

Doing that MoP starting questline in Cata leveling gear is woof... Rough.

I'm more concerned about having gold for WoD than anything else atm. With heroic gear, I'm not worried about how I'll do in the leveling process, but I'd like to be at a decent amount so I can buy the more vanity items for my Garrison. It's just hard to make any dough without alts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I must be the only Shaman in WoW who hates wearing dresses. I transmogd my PVP set to a mix of the hunter look alike sunwell set/cm set/brutal gladiator set, and it looks so much better. As much as I love the Dark Shaman getup.

Like so
Not sold on keeping the belt though.

Hixx

Just saw on twitter that EU maintenance is going on until 5pm CEST? Wow, been a long time since I've seen a maintenance this long when there was no patch involved.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mastery Ele ring get. Fuck you H Immerseus, never doing that fight again. Unless they ask me to. That fight is the definition of unfun. Not even difficulty just dumb. And especially frustrating as enhancement with trying to spread flame shock

Also, guild is trying to run without GM tanking, and it is not going great.

witness

Only got to play for a short amount if time last night, just enough to do my monk daily, and have my 3 90s kill a celestial. I did end up getting my T16 gloves for my hunter off of one of them. Huge upgrade, got it gemmed up, and now I have my 2 piece bonus.

Hoping I can get lucky and get some more t16 tokens for him, a fucking weapon for my DK finally, and get my t16 shoulders for my warlock (last piece I need) and a new OH. That's my WoW goals this long weekend.

strafer

I'm going to spend a lot of time with my Garrison, that's for sure.

I hope they add that when you've fully upgraded your Garrison that the guards will salute or say stuff to you.

Would love that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
13 Dark Shaman kills across normal and heroic. Still haven't seen Kadris Toxic Totem drop once. Did have a HWF mace drop, but I passed to the healer.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I hope the MMORPG giveaway link won't be leaked onto MMO-Champion prior to the set time.

RPGCrazied

Rösti;119233325 said:
Well, I hope the MMORPG giveaway link won't be leaked onto MMO-Champion prior to the set time.

Usually MMORPG giveways are raffles. 500 keys for however many users are on the site sign up, the odds aren't all that good.

Bizazedo

I'm going to spend a lot of time with my Garrison, that's for sure.

I hope they add that when you've fully upgraded your Garrison that the guards will salute or say stuff to you.

Would love that.

Yeah. If they do it right, it could be quite addicting. Already fighting the impulses to log on as I wake up in the morning to send my dudes out on missions. It's beta, doesn't matter, it's beta, doesn't matter, it's beta!

I'd also like to see an Inn be build-able and all my followers hang out there / somewhere in my base if not on a misson. One of the followers you can get seems to be a Gronn (and another a robot of some kind, like the ones from ToT but slightly diff looking) so dunno how that would go.

Got a reward on one mission of green item level 511 crap, but considering it was from a level 90 follower unsurprising. Curious about how it goes at higher levels.

5k gold per schematic for my garrison tells me to farm some gold now, though. There's a looooooooot of buildings....

IIRC the schematic cost for garrison buildings is only if you don't unlock them via questing. If you do all the WoD zones, you'll unlock them naturally for free.

Spent an hour on beta, got to the quest where you pick up some gunpowder to blow up a tower and you leave a black trail of soot behind you.

I immediately traced out a giant dong, but I failed to get a screenshot of it when it lit up. Time to load an alt and try again.

strafer

Can't wait for the voice acting to get added...wanna hear dat Duroton speak

I expect a deep James Earl Jones type voice.

Bizazedo

Spent an hour on beta, got to the quest where you pick up some gunpowder to blow up a tower and you leave a black trail of soot behind you.

I immediately traced out a giant dong, but I failed to get a screenshot of it when it lit up. Time to load an alt and try again.

/applaud.

Well done.

The sobbing over the quest where you free captured Frostwolf villagers has been my personal highlight thus far. Don't get me wrong, the spawn time on the villagers needs majorly upped, but the lack of people grouping up for it is a throwback to vanilla times gone by,

That and burning the bodies of the Outriders, both need spawn times increased pretty badly.

Probably going to try Alliance tonight since I'm level capped.

So I'm a boomkin on Tichondrius alliance. Trying to kill Bloodhilt for the past week but can't find anyone in trade chat or my crap random guild chat. Any idea on how I can get this done so I can actually work on getting my legendary cloak? =[

Hixx

I have come across 3 group quests in the first hour or so in SMV. All suggested for 3 players but I definitely think you will need a tank or healer as one of those 3, one of group quests is to kill a corrupted ancient protector and it hits very, very hard. I'm happy about the return of group quests, questing was far too narrowly focused in Cata and MoP.

I'm racking my brain for even one group quest in MoP as an entirety...

I have come across 3 group quests in the first hour or so in SMV. All suggested for 3 players but I definitely think you will need a tank or healer as one of those 3, one of group quests is to kill a corrupted ancient protector and it hits very, very hard. I'm happy about the return of group quests, questing was far too narrowly focused in Cata and MoP.

I'm racking my brain for even one group quest in MoP as an entirety...

There weren't any group quests in MoP. I would know, leveled that shit like 8 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom