• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

So was Safe Fall for rogues in WoD rolled into another ability or is it just gone period? If gone that makes me very sad.

Rokam

I looked at Wowheads class breakdown, just said removed. And there was nothing for fleet footed... not my fault! Also... thank you.

Lren

Seeing all the beta stuff coming out is REALLY making me regret going to Heroes of the Storm two days in a row at PAX. Loving all the small little touches made in Draenor, really brings the hype!

Milennia

there should be a lot of changes in the new build today

I'm only getting a 1.12 gb update so its not huge unless theres another patch after this,which i doubt.

probably some balance changes, some npcs etc.
I would prefer a new zone, and would greatly love to be wrong, but the file size is pretty small for anything significant.

update-looks like a good bit of tier sets are in this one, so theres the bulk.

lazygecko

Looks like Upper Blackrock Spire is getting the remake treatment. That's sort of what I was afraid of... Looking at the achievements it seems Leeroy Jenkins is being added as an NPC to the place as well. Cute, but Blizzard has a track record of making pop culture references overstay their welcome and just drag it out too far (See: the entire zone questlines in Cataclysm's Uldum and Redridge Mountain).

antonz

I assume we're getting another wave of Beta invites tomorrow.

Seems to be the case though wowhead has now backed out. Stupid shit too. Oh we realized Friday is a holiday and with staff vacations etc. will delay it til the 7th. What a waste of a good holiday weekend

Fusion Fire Core is shit, don't use it. Thok's Tail Tip is BiS. Like, the LFR version beats the HWF Skeer's.

Anyway:

Today's a good day. Coined boots as well, and won a Toxic Totem off Shamans :>

Tacitus_

season16PaladinQuick.jpg

Dem shoulders

Babalu.

hate the paladin pvp sets seen so far including that one ^^

The only good thing is the paladin tier. Holy shit the normal tier looks dope and even the mythic paladin looks good.

but pvp seasons have sucked hard.

nothing beats paladin pvp season 11 angels and demons set. too bad it came out during the time i was taking a break from wow. would LOVE that red set.

tumblr_ls9pzf6hpY1qb8fy8o1_500.jpg

So my Warlock went up 7 item levels tonight.

Yeah.

Still have timeless pants and an LFR chest holding me back though. Once I get tier pants or helm I'll have 4-piece finally too which should be a big boost.

Not nearly as good on him as I am with my DK, but I'm working on it.

lazygecko

That Paladin set may as well be a Rogue set in my eyes. Overall I've really disliked the look of tiers since about halfway through WotLK (I think it's because the B team took over development during that period?). It's mostly the texture work probably. The quirks of the texture artist(s) overshadows whatever themes it is they're trying to convey. Getting real tired of seeing all those very thick bevels.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So raid's in 2 hours. Main tank is sick, core dps that switches to heals for certain fights is on vacation, second main healer is out of town. And we've got Siegecrafter, Paragons, and Garrosh ahead of us tonight.

This instills in me that I need to get beta, so I've got something to do when raid stops like this happen.

Hixx

Does anyonee have trouble updating the beta? Mine says trouble transfarreing, check your internet.

Seems like a lot of people have this problem (including me). There is apparently a workaround but again, only works for some and for others it's flagged their account for suspicious activity. That last bit is from the official forum so high probability of it being absolute horseshit, to be fair.

edit: this appears to have worked for me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11120031916?page=6#113

Downloading the patch, hopefully should get in game all fine. 1.12GB.

witness

Got my DK through Gates of retribution for the first time last night. Great group, insanely easy and smooth thanks to two tanks with over 900k hp each. Anyway, I got the shoulders off Galakras and then nothing the next two bosses. I have no warforged seals on him so no extra rolls, so I was really worried about missing out on a weapon again with him. As luck would have it, Gar'Tok dropped from Nazgrim. I was so happy and relieved. I was DW frost, so now I'm going to try 2h frost for really the first time ever. I also did 3/4 upgrades to it. Couldn't play test it and buy my new gems since I had to log, but I'm really excited to play him tonight. It's going to be such a huge difference over my old shitty 489mh and 463oh. I raised my item level from 502 to 517 with him last night because I also got the 550 pvp boots off a celestial.

Got Oqueue last night, the addon is amazing. Found a group to kill Bloodhilt in under 5 minutes, compared to a week of spamming trade chat =\

tariniel

Hey guys, I'm planning on starting a new character to level with a friend, and I'm torn between Druid and Monk. I will probably play the heal and dps specs, as I am not interesting in tanking. I mostly plan to do LFR's with a friend until if/when we find a group to go with. PvP is pretty low priority to me, I am not a fan of arenas but may be interested in BG's or something.

I've played Shaman in WotLK and had fun with enhance and resto specs in raids. Elemental was not fun because it was a turret, and any movement = goodbye dps.

Which would you guys recommend? Which is more fun to play, is generally considered better, etc?

Tacitus_

Hey guys, I'm planning on starting a new character to level with a friend, and I'm torn between Druid and Monk. I will probably play the heal and dps specs, as I am not interesting in tanking. I mostly plan to do LFR's with a friend until if/when we find a group to go with. PvP is pretty low priority to me, I am not a fan of arenas but may be interested in BG's or something.

I've played Shaman in WotLK and had fun with enhance and resto specs in raids. Elemental was not fun because it was a turret, and any movement = goodbye dps.

Which would you guys recommend? Which is more fun to play, is generally considered better, etc?

Druids are godly healers and monks... aren't.
According to a monk in my guild.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I promised strafer that I'd post in this thread.

So here I am!

HI ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom