• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

what's your beta name

i'll find you

NOO! Stay away.

1342.gif

Ultratech

Realistically speaking, if I'm attempting to make Hand of Rag, and I don't want to buy the hammer and just get the mats, but I don't BS/mine, how much of a pain am I looking into? I don't mind the grind, but I'm not sure how to get Dark Iron Bars unless I can buy them? Would hate to find someone and make them craft all those.

Might be a pain...

The only hard stuff I can see is this:

-Dark Iron Bars/Ore: You need 20 Bars, which is 160 Ore. On top of which, you kinda have to go out of your way to be able to smelt said Ore into Bars.
(Learning the skill requires doing a quest in BRD that needs other mats, then you can only smelt the stuff in BRD itself.)
If somebody puts them on the AH, you could buy them.

-Arcanite Bars: More importantly, Arcane Crystals. Thorium's super easy to get, but the Crystals can be a pain depending on how much people wanna put them on the AH for.
At least you only need ~50 compared to the 100 you need for Thunderfury...
(Find a Transmutation Master Alchemist for this one!)

-Blood of the Mountain: UGH. Yeah, these only drop from Molten Destroyers or VERY rarely from Dark Iron Deposits (I only ever got one from a Deposit, so it's super rare).
Best bet is to just go in MC, kill all the Destroyers, pop out and reset and repeat.
Usually goes for quite a bit of money on the AH.

Everything else you'll get eventually one way or another.

strafer

Frostfire Ridge reminds me so much of Skyrim, doesn't help with the fact that Jeremy Soule is doing the music as he did the music for Skyrim too.

I love the snow, the sound of the wind and the howling of wolfs.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not an IGN Prime member so I couldn't participate in the main giveaway, but I filled out that survey. Haven't got a message yet though.

dosbirdpcsro.png

Maybe it was just me, but I thought that the zones in Mists felt sort of dead, or otherwise empty, like they were really big but didn't have enough in them.

Can anyone in Beta comment on how the zones feel, perhaps compared to the zones of other expansions? I know you only really have access to three zones right now, but what are your thoughts so far?

From what I've seen of the art, I'm really digging the Draenor zones, but how something looks and how it plays can be completely different.

RPGCrazied

Anyone on beta tell me if darker nights is in? I know Shadowmoon Valley in Draneor is, but I mean in old world. I miss the old days, when night time was actually night time. Its not dark enough on live.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I find this a bit strange:

Winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility (age, name and address). Information will have to match your MMORPG.COM account values as well as a valid ID.

Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. CCI is not responsible for late, misdirected or damaged communication of any kind including computer failure. All decisions are final. The odds of a winning number being drawn are approximately 1 in 3000 (actual odds will be based on the number of entries). A list of winners shall be available by sending a written request to Cyber Creations Inc. c/o contest winners, 15 Calle de Montanas, Santa Fe, NM 87507. By accepting the prize, winners agree that CCI, its directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability for, and shall hold all such parties harmless against damage, loss or injury that may arise in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes or participation in this giveaway.

Peachpies

Rösti;119580110 said:
I find this a bit strange:
it would be a good way to deter people botting/fake account/multiple account if they actually do it, it might also just be something they have to say there for legal reasons and they wont actually do it

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I hope its not just another promise that won't come to fruition, but I hope they do try something.

This is blizzard. Pretty much every cool thing they announced for WoD has been removed/altered/watered down.

Don't get your hopes up. It'll only hurt more.

I wonder if they ended up scrapping the Adventurer;s Guide. Considering we haven't heard a peep about it since BlizzCon I'm just going to assume it was thrown out. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

d3b3ToH.jpg

StayDead

Rösti;119559320 said:
I'm not an IGN Prime member so I couldn't participate in the main giveaway, but I filled out that survey. Haven't got a message yet though.

dosbirdpcsro.png

Do you actually play like that or is it just for screenshot purposes? o_O

Peachpies

I wonder if they ended up scrapping the Adventurer;s Guide. Considering we haven't heard a peep about it since BlizzCon I'm just going to assume it was thrown out. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
pretty much everything that gets shown at a blizzcon ends up being scrapped

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Might be a pain...

The only hard stuff I can see is this:

-Dark Iron Bars/Ore: You need 20 Bars, which is 160 Ore. On top of which, you kinda have to go out of your way to be able to smelt said Ore into Bars.
(Learning the skill requires doing a quest in BRD that needs other mats, then you can only smelt the stuff in BRD itself.)
If somebody puts them on the AH, you could buy them.

-Arcanite Bars: More importantly, Arcane Crystals. Thorium's super easy to get, but the Crystals can be a pain depending on how much people wanna put them on the AH for.
At least you only need ~50 compared to the 100 you need for Thunderfury...
(Find a Transmutation Master Alchemist for this one!)

-Blood of the Mountain: UGH. Yeah, these only drop from Molten Destroyers or VERY rarely from Dark Iron Deposits (I only ever got one from a Deposit, so it's super rare).
Best bet is to just go in MC, kill all the Destroyers, pop out and reset and repeat.
Usually goes for quite a bit of money on the AH.

Everything else you'll get eventually one way or another.
Sounds like a pain. Mainly because I don't have a miner/BS on my Shaman's server. Guess I'll just stick with BT runs on my monk and Sunwell on my hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom