• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just broke a garrison quest in beta by accident and not sure if I can keep going or I'm roadblocked. Was really enjoying the zone too. May have to restart. A horrid thought as re-setting up macros and skills is a huge pain.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
People are still surprised over Röstis WoW-image quality :lol?

strafer

They werent kidding about soloing stuff at 100.

Just created a 100 premade and just blasted through Firelands like it was nothing.

Took down Beth in like 10 seconds.

I know numbers arent tuned but still.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
They werent kidding about soloing stuff at 100.

Just created a 100 premade and just blasted through Firelands like it was nothing.

Took down Beth in like 10 seconds.

I know numbers arent tuned but still.

Did you create that thread on mmo-champ? I just finished watching the video and then you post this. ;)

I don't know I'm not a huge fan of the low level damage buff they've got going on. Not that I'm a huge participant in soloing raids in the first place but if I was to do then regularly for me part of the fun would be the challenge. Surely part of the fun of soloing is seeing if you can beat past raids that used to require large groups but with the buff it's like you're handed a kill.
They had to do something but it's too high imo. I'd be interested to see how they end up tuning it.

strafer

Did you create that thread on mmo-champ? I just finished watching the video and then you post this. ;)

I don't know I'm not a huge fan of the low level damage buff they've got going on. Not that I'm a huge participant in soloing raids in the first place but if I was to do then regularly for me part of the fun would be the challenge. Surely part of the fun of soloing is seeing if you can beat past raids that used to require large groups but with the buff it's like you're handed a kill.
They had to do something but it's too high imo.

Not me. But when I saw it I had to test it myself :p

EDIT: Also, that's just the way it is..every expansion you get stronger and other stuff get weaker.

I see no problem.

strafer

Here's some stats on a 100 Lock if someones interested.

wowscrnshot_070514_21wvjjz.jpg

Tacitus_

They had to do something but it's too high imo. I'd be interested to see how they end up tuning it.

Soloing Firelands at 100 is really nothing. I've soloed Bastion of Twilight myself already and could probably go do Firelands, or hell, Dragonsoul with my current gear. I almost took down the first boss back when I had something like 50 less ilvl on me.

Robin64

So I completed the Tanaan Jungle intro questline, we escaped on the ships and it put me.. back at the Dark Portal. So how do I get to Frostfire...?

Hixx

So I completed the Tanaan Jungle intro questline, we escaped on the ships and it put me.. back at the Dark Portal. So how do I get to Frostfire...?

The servers have been a mess tonight, might have just bugged if Frostfire wasn't available at the time. Try going to Orgrimmar and to the area with all the Cata portals, I think there'll be a mini Dark Portal there.

I really hope they nerf numbers more.

300k is still way too high for a 100 dps imo. It isn't even down to cata numbers. Very disappointed.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I really hope they nerf numbers more.

300k is still way too high for a 100 dps imo. It isn't even down to cata numbers. Very disappointed.

Yeah if those are the numbers we can expect then they completely fucked up. Defeats the whole reason for doing the squish.

Peachpies

keep in mind health numbers are atleast doubled compared to everything else, for example, flash of light hitting for about 110k now on a level 100 premade with 660 gear is hitting for about 13k. Here is a blue post on that exact issue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13271407829#16

for comparison this is on live
and then on beta
somethings like crit and spirit will be messed up because most of the spirit on gear got converted to crit in warlords

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just reported my first beta bug. Tested it for 10 minutes to narrow the problem and sent a report. Feels good. :)

Really close on Thok progression tonight as our first night. 9% and 13% best attempts. Once we tighten up a bit we should definitely have the dinosaur dead. Also didn't help we were a little melee heavy.

But it was kind of hilarious how you go from the first couple attempts having everyone splat really quickly to progressing through the fight once the healers got used to it and had all the cooldowns in sync.

Next week is farm so we probably won't get to him until the following week, but I'm confident that with 3-5 hours of time we'll get him then. And that sexy loot table.

Hey guys, by previous experiences (other expansions, diablo etc), could you tell me if i will able to dowload the expansion before the release date and to see it just unlocked at that day?

strafer

Did they say when they would implement the ability to skip certain bosses when doing old raids? I remember reading that.

Fjordson

Hey guys, by previous experiences (other expansions, diablo etc), could you tell me if i will able to dowload the expansion before the release date and to see it just unlocked at that day?
I know if you pre-order the digital version you'll be able to download it in the background so that by the time WoD goes live at midnight or whenever it will be you just log in and start playing. That's how it was with Mists for me. I remember I didn't have to wait or install anything when it opened.

I know if you pre-order the digital version you'll be able to download it in the background so that by the time WoD goes live at midnight or whenever it will be you just log in and start playing. That's how it was with Mists for me. I remember I didn't have to wait or install anything when it opened.

Thanks, i'm going to preorder then!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gonna be so weird seeing DPS warriors with shields. I know according to Swifty and Bahjeera, Gladiator dominates arms and fury in beta. Like kicking a small child, but I haven't read anything about their PVE dps compared to fury.

Tacitus_

The pre-expansion patch contains all the expansion content. Buying the expansion only flags your account for the new content.

strafer

Gonna be so weird seeing DPS warriors with shields. I know according to Swifty and Bahjeera, Gladiator dominates arms and fury in beta. Like kicking a small child, but I haven't read anything about their PVE dps compared to fury.

Wait whaaaaaaaat? Didn't know they were adding a new stance. Gotta try that.

I love shields.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
6.0 will be everything WoD except for Draenor itself. Thus why it's 6.0 rather than 5.9. The only thing I think that MIGHT be up in the air is if new models will be in or not(could be a 'selling point') but I know EQ put new models in place before the expansion came out.

Didn't really matter before because it was new races which was behind the expansion locked wall. This is the models we already have just redone, so you could justify putting them in the pre-expansion pack.

ampere

keep in mind health numbers are atleast doubled compared to everything else, for example, flash of light hitting for about 110k now on a level 100 premade with 660 gear is hitting for about 13k. Here is a blue post on that exact issue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13271407829#16

for comparison this is on live

and then on beta

somethings like crit and spirit will be messed up because most of the spirit on gear got converted to crit in warlords

Have you healed any dungeons on beta? How does the less bursty gameplay feel?

For the level 90 comparison in peach's post, intellect goes from 33127 to 1591, which is about 5% of MoP levels. Not sure how much of a squish people were expecting or if the HP thing is still confusing people. For aesthetic reasons even lower HP would be cool, but reducing bursty gameplay is more important.

This is the models we already have just redone, so you could justify putting them in the pre-expansion pack.

Redone models are a general game engine improvement, so I think it's 'free' for everyone, WoD or not. Remember you can be a Panda without MoP, just can't play a Monk.

ampere

Why is HP such a big problem for everyone all of sudden?

I guess some people expected squish to mean vanilla hp levels. But even with 1-85 scaling linearly that's a bit crazy of an expectation.

Boss HP and player damage/healing are the main numbers that got out of controls and those are super squished.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Redone models are a general game engine improvement, so I think it's 'free' for everyone, WoD or not. Remember you can be a Panda without MoP, just can't play a Monk.

Isn't there an option for lower quality computers to use the old models still(as in everyone appears that way to the player)? Where as there is no model of Pandaren.

Fjordson

Isn't there an option for lower quality computers to use the old models still(as in everyone appears that way to the player)? Where as there is no model of Pandaren.
I'm almost positive they've said that there will be an option to not use the updated models.

ampere

Yea, there is an option for that and no old Pandaren model. I still think it fits with general game improvements that everyone will get, but I could be wrong.

Curious thought on that topic, how many people even play WoW without having the latest expac? I'd assume mostly new players who haven't leveled high enough to need it yet.

Fjordson

Sweet jesus, decided to do some leveling on my monk and wanted to gather all the relevant heirlooms. WTB the heirloom storage tab right now =[

What are the requirements for the new models and that stuff as far as specs go? I run a pretty solid 50-60 with everything on high not interested in compromising quality and frame rate.

Robin64

The Alliance Garrison is so much better than the Horde one it's just not funny.

I'm Horde for life, but the location and layout and style of the Alliance Garrison is really tempting when compared to the Horde's rocky snowy "all buildings are the same" look.

strafer

The Alliance Garrison is so much better than the Horde one it's just not funny.

I'm Horde for life, but the location and layout and style of the Alliance Garrison is really tempting when compared to the Horde's rocky snowy "all buildings are the same" look.

This.

But since I love snow I don't really care.

And it's the Frostwolfs after all.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the old system, why can't we have both the old and the new?

warriortalentsk7khn.png

The best build I believe featured some points in Protection, but I used to roll as the above.

ampere

Sweet jesus, decided to do some leveling on my monk and wanted to gather all the relevant heirlooms. WTB the heirloom storage tab right now =[

Yea man... Nice that we can mail stuff cross realm, but it's still such a mess. I have an alt with a bank stuffed full of heirlooms.

The toybox will be a nice preview of the heirloom and tabard tabs.

Windam

Scaley member
Rösti;119773646 said:
I miss the old system, why can't we have both the old and the new?

warriortalentsk7khn.png

The best build I believe featured some points in Protection, but I used to roll as the above.

Wow Blizzard copying Riot once again. First they copy League with HotS and now this blatant ripoff of Summoner Masteries.

I'm kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom