• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
After playing WoW for almost 10 years I finally bothered to set myself up with Auctioneer, TradeSkillMaster and The Undermine Journal. Why didn't I do this earlier?

Dat steady cashflow.

Its just a quality of life improvement. AH is not functional to me without auctioneer.

Idk what those other things are.

Pre

Leveling up has been ridiculously fast since Cataclysm. Even if you just ignore dungeons and go for pure questing, you'll still end up outleveling the zone you're in before you've finished all the important quests.

Bingo. The redesign of the old world was welcome, but you won't see the majority of those quests, especially if you mix dungeon runs in with questing. There's no sense of accomplishment now with leveling. I played my monk the other day. He was level 12, and in about two or three hours of play I got him up to 22. Ridiculous.

Now, returning to WoD discussion, I'm glad that LFR will lose some of its functionality as a gearing tool. LFR is cool for players like me who have never been hardcore raiders, but even as a fairly casual player, I can't help but feel like it was something of a mistake. It used to be that there was a real raid progression, but LFR has largely destroyed that. You can get geared pretty quickly between JP/VP and LFR. Flex will fill out anything missing to get you going on normal. That's not necessarily a criticism of Flex - I think it's a great idea, especially for low-pop servers like mine where it's hard to get a bunch of people together to run content. I really wish Blizzard would pick up the pace with connecting realms. Also, it's been a long-ass time since having purples felt like an accomplishment.

Anyone try the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon? So much fun. I expect lots of children whining on the forums.

Does this mean it's actually challenging? I pray this is the case. I'm not a WoW masochist, but I enjoy dungeons where you need to actually communicate with your team and CC instead of facerolling heroics as in MoP.

Rodpad

Neo Member
Frostfire Ridge is looking rather pretty, as is the new Tauren model. I took this yesterday afternoon after reading the level 92 cap.

JbXtGnW.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got jumped by three allies outside of Steamvault. Killed 2 of them and made the Druid bear form and run into the dungeon.

I'm kind of a big deal.

Dinjooh

Its just a quality of life improvement. AH is not functional to me without auctioneer.

Idk what those other things are.

It's a system that automatically prices things depending on the servers general pricing and will determine the pricing automatically. So in essence I don't have to do jack shit. I just provide the materials (In my case: Everything, but mostly greens) and push the post button.

Got 2.3k waiting in my mailbox this morning, yum.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm thinking of Faction/Race changing my Worgen Warrior once WoD hits, to experience the new models... I love Gilneas and all of its lore, but I really want to get the most out of the updated models on the older races.

Top choices right now, in no particular order:

-Tauren

-Orc

-Night Elf

-Blood Elf

Thoughts? What seems like the coolest "Warrior" type? Blood Elves aren't very warrior like, but I love their spins and pirouettes, lol.

Dinjooh

I'm thinking of Faction/Race changing my Worgen Warrior once WoD hits, to experience the new models... I love Gilneas and all of its lore, but I really want to get the most out of the updated models on the older races.

-Tauren

-Orc

-Night Elf

-Blood Elf

Thoughts? What seems like the coolest "Warrior" type? Blood Elves aren't very warrior like, but I love their spins and pirouettes, lol.

You don't care if it's gonna be horde/alliance? Odd.

Well, i'm gonna saaay... NE if Ally, and Orc if Horde.

Fjordson

Orc or Tauren I think. Their updated models are fantastic and they make good Warriors imo. Tauren especially. All that plate and a massive 2H weapon just looks right on a Tauren.

lazygecko

Got jumped by three allies outside of Steamvault. Killed 2 of them and made the Druid bear form and run into the dungeon.

I'm kind of a big deal.

Back in vanilla I had a dwarf paladin around level 25 or so (had just finished the class quest for the blue hammer) which I took to the pre-dungeon for Wailing Caverns in The Barrens. I was there for hours waging guerilla warfare against horde groups attempting to enter the dungeon. Good times.

-Tauren

-Orc

-Night Elf

-Blood Elf

Female orc, female night elf and male blood elf are all good choices.

Male orcs are fat and their thighs Chafe together when they run. male Tauren are too big and feel soooooo slow and scratch their ass 24/7, females just look terrible. Male night elves are just lol, female blood elves have tiny weapons and bad 2h animations.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
True, but Female Orcs look awful in kilts/robes with the current model. They look like they have grandma thighs riding up to their belly button.
My warrior will look amazing in WoD though.

True, but Female Orcs look awful in kilts/robes with the current model. They look like they have grandma thighs riding up to their belly button.

Yeah, female orcs look terrible in kilts the way it goes in and out, male orcs look terrible in pants, their legs rub together when they run.

It's hard being an orc shaman, I feel like sex changing whenever I feel like wearing one or the other, I've just stuck with pants and female for now, because they do everything else better.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It's not much, but our website is giving away WoD keys too.

http://www.4gamers.be/wedstrijden/544/Win-bta-keys-voor-World-of-Warcraft-Warlords-of-Draenor

Mind you, it's mainly for Dutchies because you can't participate without an account + you need to understand Dutch. But yeah, English people *can* use google translate to participate :p
What's the end date for this, and how many keys do you have to give out? Also, the question I need to answer, is it viewable only if you are logged in?

Dawg

Rösti;120018778 said:
What's the end date for this, and how many keys do you have to give out? Also, the question I need to answer, is it viewable only if you are logged in?

11/07

No set number, apparently trying to get enough for everyone who participates

Yes

Fiery Warhorse's Reins GET!

Extremely surprised, but now I don't have to farm that on 7+ chars a week anymore, even if it is an extremely quick run.

11/07

No set number, apparently trying to get enough for everyone who participates

Yes

Cool, I'll try and enter then.

The hell server you live on? I can't sell transmog gear to save my life...

Mal'Ganis high pop.

Transmog is kinda meh for me though, make on average maybe 2k a week tops from it, but I lazy post it all and there's at least 1-2 heavy competitors. I will admit that the Jade Breastplate for 2k was a steal though when I picked it up. I search for things to flip at least once, usually twice a day. Most of my current income is still from gems/shuffle, especially running 6 farms now.

Mal'Ganis high pop.

Transmog is kinda meh for me though, make on average maybe 2k a week tops from it, but I lazy post it all and there's at least 1-2 heavy competitors. I will admit that the Jade Breastplate for 2k was a steal though when I picked it up. I search for things to flip at least once, usually twice a day. Most of my current income is still from gems/shuffle, especially running 6 farms now.

Any tips you can pass along? What's the current good shuffle? I haven't sold anything in ages.

Any tips you can pass along? What's the current good shuffle? I haven't sold anything in ages.

Really depends on what professions you have available. Right now I have access to everything but Inscription, LW, and Skinning. My scribe just happens to be on another server at the moment, but I'm not sure how much profit I would squeeze out of him right now anyway - glyphs are typically pretty competitive. And LW is kinda pointless since it would be on an alt and you need Spirits of Harmony to make leg enchants.

This may be hard to follow but the quickest way I can type it:

Shuffle right now is Ghost Iron Ore (cheap as you can get it - I buy 36g a stack or less or farm myself) -> Prospect -> Cut/Vendor all blues, Make necks with red/purple/green uncommons + vendor (not worth DEing nor selling on my server, even rare procs), cut fractured/smooth sunstones hoping for perfects to sell, vendor rest -> Transmute (xmute master) Tiger Opals to Vermilion Onyx with Golden Lotus supplied from my own farm or bought for 30g or less -> Cut & Sell (along with other rare gems acquired through prospecting) according to my TSM operations.

Otherwise I sometimes do mob killing for money (with Potions of Luck) if I'm bored/have nothing else to do at Ruins Guo-Lai, Windward Isle, or southern Sra'vess.

Aside from that there's two other main things I occasionally do depending on mood. One requires herb/alch, the other requires ench/tailoring. If interested/have those professions I'll post them.

Rokam

I will only accept that it is a good build if this appears
-Gnomes can now be Paladins. Light give you strength.

Rokam

Alliance really should get another paladin race. Horde have 5 shaman races, and ally gets stuck with 3 pallies! That's bullshit.

SolVanderlyn

I like all of the Paladin races. I'm still upset about Sunwalkers, actually. I'm a Paladin junkie and I feel like they stomped all over the lore. (Yes, I know they're using the sun and whatnot, but still.) And having one Shaman race for Alliance and one Paladin race for Horde made them feel like something special. Dwarf shaman are cool (and have always existed, lore wise) but they took away Draenei's unique thing. :(

LOL. Wiped out nearly all my profit for the day because I bought ~10k worth of cheap Living Steel (180g each which is sub-cost or pretty damn close). Gonna make A LOT of belt buckles. And another Sky Golem in about a week. Will probably just end up reselling most of it though when prices fluctuate back up.

What about us poor druids? :( Although I don't think I'd ever race change from my epic night elf <3

Worgen/NE + Troll/Tauren not enough for you?

Pre

Alliance really should get another paladin race. Horde have 5 shaman races, and ally gets stuck with 3 pallies! That's bullshit.

It's always been unbalanced. Recall that in Vanilla, trolls, orcs, and tauren could all be Shaman, but only humans and dwarves could be Paladins.

As far as druids go, they've added two more druid races. There are two per faction. That's not bad.

SolVanderlyn

IIRC, there was a Blood Elf Druid boss in The Botanica...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If we got Furbolg instead of Pandaren, we could have gotten another Druid race.

And I also agree about no good Paladin races. Dwarves are awesome, but they fit Warriros better to me. I once saw a BE Paladin with the transportation buff so he was a Goblin in the Paladin CM set. Looked amazing.

CassSept

I cant fucking believe blizz is getting away with 12 months of SoO.

Cata 2.0

Nah WotLK 2.0. Greatly paced content and then bam, have fun with the final raid for over a year.

Not like we can do anything about this though. I don't even have an urge to resub and it's about time I should get it, yet I feel nothing. Meh.

Robin64

Should have Forsaken Paladins by now. Many were paladins in life, and there are still light-wielders in the form of Forsaken Priests.

There was a Troll Paladin in one of the Isle of Thunder Scenarios, too. He was a boss (forget the name) that would pop wings and generally used The Light. Thought that might have been hinting at things.

RPGCrazied

Oh wow, I actually won a key from the mmorpgs contest. Got my key this morning in my email. Installing/downloading beta now!

26gig download though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom