• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I actually won a key from the mmorpgs contest. Got my key this morning in my email. Installing/downloading beta now!

26gig download though, lol.
Congratulations. No key for me though, perhaps they're not done sending them out?

RPGCrazied

Congrats.

Thanks. :) So exciting. It was actually a key, I could have sold it, but nah, I'm not like that. I want to see and test the new stuff, really want to see the new models though.

What new models are in now? Undead? I have one, but he is only level 86 on live, so he couldn't get to the new zones, all the rest of my 90's are night elf and blood elfs, lol.

Rösti;120161578 said:
Congratulations. No key for me though, perhaps they're not done sending them out?

Thanks dude. Maybe? The page with all the winners is not even up yet. Almost 20k signed up, and I only had 5 chances, man feels like I won the lottery!

Now I can see how the game looks without multisample and this new CMAA or whatever.
-

EDIT: I guess so, the page says when the contest is over it will list the winners, and there is no list yet. So yeah, I guess its still sending keys out to winners.

XenodudeX

Okay so problem. I used the beta key code, but it says it's already been added to my account, but I don't see it anywhere? Is it because my WoW account is frozen?

Hixx

Thanks. :) So exciting. It was actually a key, I could have sold it, but nah, I'm not like that. I want to see and test the new stuff, really want to see the new models though.

What new models are in now? Undead? I have one, but he is only level 86 on live, so he couldn't get to the new zones, all the rest of my 90's are night elf and blood elfs, lol.

You can create a level 90 of any class and race on the beta servers.

If you're in the EU, it's your only option in fact.

Okay so problem. I used the beta key code, but it says it's already been added to my account, but I don't see it anywhere? Is it because my WoW account is frozen?

Mine is frozen also but it appeared in my account and on the Battle.net app instantly.

XenodudeX

You can create a level 90 of any class and race on the beta servers.

If you're in the EU, it's your only option in fact.

Mine is frozen also but it appeared in my account and on the Battle.net app instantly.

What the fuck then. Why doesn't it work?

Dinjooh

hO7d7Ce.jpg

Never change WoW.

RPGCrazied

I had to log into my account on their website, then click on WoD Beta, then click on download client, install that, and it appeared on the bnet app.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Should have Forsaken Paladins by now. Many were paladins in life, and there are still light-wielders in the form of Forsaken Priests.

There was a Troll Paladin in one of the Isle of Thunder Scenarios, too. He was a boss (forget the name) that would pop wings and generally used The Light. Thought that might have been hinting at things.

Troll Paladin is the only unavailable race/class combo i really want. Undead would be cool too, but they always look awful in plate so I tend to only play them in cloth/leather classes.

So I figured out how to macro my prospect hotkey with an appropriate delay with Logitech gaming software. Between that and TSM I can basically auto-prospect (press one button an walk away while it goes).

Not sure if considered cheating or ban-worthy. It makes it so much more convenient though when going through thousands of ore.

Can anyone tell me if stuff like the dark portal hearth stone or the Ethereal portal hearthstone from the TCG will end up in the toy box for 6.0? I have both of those on two separate characters and would love to have them available for everyone.

Anybody know?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
WoD doesn't appear on my account tho :/

Walk us through everything you did. Where'd you get the key?
Might be worth putting in a ticket with Blizzard to try and find out what's going on.

All I did to activate mine was log into my Battle.net account "https://us.battle.net/account/management/", went to the summary page, clicked "Add Game Key" and copy-pasted the key into the box. It'll give you a message above it depending on how it goes.
It'll then appear in your game accounts under summary and on the new Battle.net desktop app where you can change region/account above the big wow play button. Though you may have to install it after clicking the WoD account to get it to appear on the app.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
So I figured out how to macro my prospect hotkey with an appropriate delay with Logitech gaming software. Between that and TSM I can basically auto-prospect (press one button an walk away while it goes).

Not sure if considered cheating or ban-worthy. It makes it so much more convenient though when going through thousands of ore.

I might be wrong but I think Blizzard is against anything automated. They want you pressing the buttons yourself. I can't find the exact information but I'm pretty certain it's frowned open. (i.e. Bannable) May wanna check with the forums before using it too much.

ampere

Can anyone tell me if stuff like the dark portal hearth stone or the Ethereal portal hearthstone from the TCG will end up in the toy box for 6.0? I have both of those on two separate characters and would love to have them available for everyone.

Anybody know?

Wowhead currently has a filter for "Toy" items. It's still beta and this is a fansite so there might be omissions, or items on there by mistake. Bu it's pretty much the most up to date reference for it that I have access to at the moment

http://wod.wowhead.com/items?filter=cr=216;crs=1;crv=0

Both the Dark Portal and Ethereal Portal are listed as "Toy" right now. Afaik that means they will be account wide from the Toybox. Toybox compatibility certainly increases the likelihood that I would spend any money on the neat TCG items. I'd love one of the Ogre transformation items, but those are pretty pricey and popular.

Yeah technically that's against the ToS. Whether or not they can detect it or if it's worth risking is up to you. You have to press a button for every action that isn't queue-able in game, like crafting 1000 potions.

XenodudeX

Walk us through everything you did. Where'd you get the key?
Might be worth putting in a ticket with Blizzard to try and find out what's going on.

All I did to activate mine was log into my Battle.net account "https://us.battle.net/account/management/", went to the summary page, clicked "Add Game Key" and copy-pasted the key into the box. It'll give you a message above it depending on how it goes.
It'll then appear in your game accounts under summary and on the new Battle.net desktop app where you can change region/account above the big wow play button. Though you may have to install it after clicking the WoD account to get it to appear on the app.

Yeah I opened a ticket with them, and apparently there is a bug where some users has two MoP PTR games on their account, so the key isn't being added onto my account correctly. They said they'll fix it and send me a new invite email in 3 business days.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I opened a ticket with them, and apparently there is a bug where some users has two MoP PTR games on their account, so the key isn't being added onto my account correctly. They said they'll fix it and send me a new invite email in 3 business days.

Awesome, glad you're getting in sorted.

Edit: Bed time!

Yeah, looked up some stuff. Seems like it's possible to be banned for doing such a thing :/

Shelved. Back to boring boring button spamming. Don't think they'll come after me for doing it for 5 minutes.

RPGCrazied

Someone said on mmo-champion a new build is coming out today, and that I'd have to redownload 26GB all over again? Is that true?

Really depends on what professions you have available. Right now I have access to everything but Inscription, LW, and Skinning. My scribe just happens to be on another server at the moment, but I'm not sure how much profit I would squeeze out of him right now anyway - glyphs are typically pretty competitive. And LW is kinda pointless since it would be on an alt and you need Spirits of Harmony to make leg enchants.

This may be hard to follow but the quickest way I can type it:

Shuffle right now is Ghost Iron Ore (cheap as you can get it - I buy 36g a stack or less or farm myself) -> Prospect -> Cut/Vendor all blues, Make necks with red/purple/green uncommons + vendor (not worth DEing nor selling on my server, even rare procs), cut fractured/smooth sunstones hoping for perfects to sell, vendor rest -> Transmute (xmute master) Tiger Opals to Vermilion Onyx with Golden Lotus supplied from my own farm or bought for 30g or less -> Cut & Sell (along with other rare gems acquired through prospecting) according to my TSM operations.

Otherwise I sometimes do mob killing for money (with Potions of Luck) if I'm bored/have nothing else to do at Ruins Guo-Lai, Windward Isle, or southern Sra'vess.

Aside from that there's two other main things I occasionally do depending on mood. One requires herb/alch, the other requires ench/tailoring. If interested/have those professions I'll post them.

I have access to a JC, miner, engineer, leather worker, skinner, and a macho paladin who picks flowers and is an alchemist. I have an enchanter/tailor but he's only around 350 so far.

I'll definitely try what you suggested. Any other tips?

Milennia

We are just about stacked in terms of mythic roster now, feels good.

Still short a moonkin, may or may not need to reroll depending on their performance towards raid testing (their damage modifiers etc. are completely broken on beta right now, so theres no point in testing actual feel yet).

Would first ask someone else to reroll and see what sort of response i get tbh as I'm enjoying mage on beta currently (even though the damage isn't where i would like it to be right now, but tuning passes etc etc etc).

Bizazedo

They're still working on a new beta build. Seems like this one will be a big one.

Good, there's nothing to do right now in Beta :(.

I'll probably go around and go after old bosses and se-OMG where's Evangeline, Strafer?

You change avatars a lot, but one fact remained consistent!

ampere

Man last night we had so much trouble for bad reasons. Wiped on Malkorok 2 times... people not soaking circles and somehow me not getting direct heals during Blood Rage. And then a few wipes on Thok... CD rotation got messed up I guess. Did one shot Paragons and Siegecrafter, but then kinda ran out of time on Garrosh because people kept screwing up.

It's not the end of the world, but it's a bummer to have to raid a second night when you really shouldn't need it. Wanted to work on CMs instead.

RPGCrazied

Bnet client just started a complete redownload of the beta. This is not good, I am on 3G right now. :|

Really? I had an update that had to restart the app, but it resumed, now it says I'm finished. Maybe I shouldn't try closing the app now, lol.

Neverfade

Got a legendary cloak on my Paladin....which I hate playing now.

Death Knight ruined me. I can't go back. Secrets and Runestones again... why orc jesus?

RPGCrazied

Garrisons are going to be smaller now? Man, that feature keeps getting cut up. It would have been really cool to place it anywhere, be really big, even have your own race structures. Just think of being a blood elf, and all the buildings for that race is all blood elf. Why on earth would I want to build an orc hut?

Garrisons are one of the things that concerns me the most and one of my primary reasons for wanting to get in to test the beta.

Bad enough that they've already been scaled back from the original ambition of being in any zone. Really hope they strike a good balance between useful, but not mandatory. Maintaining 6+ farms is obnoxious enough, I don't know if I could handle anything much more complex. Really want them to turn out alt-friendly with this longer missions and such.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Garrisons are going to be smaller now? Man, that feature keeps getting cut up. It would have been really cool to place it anywhere, be really big, even have your own race structures. Just think of being a blood elf, and all the buildings for that race is all blood elf. Why on earth would I want to build an orc hut?

What else gotchanged? I haven't been keeping up with news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom