• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

Ok so, I was really wondering for awhile now why not a lot of people don't spam trade for Flex. Either it was just a guild thing or no one really does it. Finally last night I am trying to see if I can find one in trade and this guy says "oq sucks, openraid.us is better." Then the other guy says, "oq is the best."

I'm like...wtf is this shit, so I do some research and behold, there is an addon where people find groups for this stuff. Never knew they did had this so I downloaded it. After half an hour got into a group and downed the first 2 bosses. Druid that was like 560ish ilvl was almost tripling my heals...felt like shit lol.

Finally have that out of the way so I can do more tonight probably. I figure that openraid.us is more for coordinated raids while OQ is for casual whenever I want to raid?

Also, how many healers are suited for flex? We had 14 with 3 healers.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ok so, I was really wondering for awhile now why not a lot of people don't spam trade for Flex. Either it was just a guild thing or no one really does it. Finally last night I am trying to see if I can find one in trade and this guy says "oq sucks, openraid.us is better." Then the other guy says, "oq is the best."

I'm like...wtf is this shit, so I do some research and behold, there is an addon where people find groups for this stuff. Never knew they did had this so I downloaded it. After half an hour got into a group and downed the first 2 bosses. Druid that was like 560ish ilvl was almost tripling my heals...felt like shit lol.

Finally have that out of the way so I can do more tonight probably. I figure that openraid.us is more for coordinated raids while OQ is for casual whenever I want to raid?

3 healers for a 14 man is pretty standard, I think. I don't think 4 is unheard of, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Rokam

That fight deserves to die and I hope it burns in hell. Been stuck there for weeks. Movement heavy fights don't gel well with priests.

My problem has been he just randomly gets buffed. I'll be on a straightaway and out of melee range and he'll stop for no reason and get a stack. It's infuriating, had it happen at 15%.

TheYanger

My problem has been he just randomly gets buffed. I'll be on a straightaway and out of melee range and he'll stop for no reason and get a stack. It's infuriating, had it happen at 15%.

Had that happen several times. He took me more tries than any other Brawler's Guild boss besides Disruptron.

Jag

Also Blizz just said that the next patch will improve the raid finder and include Flex. I don't know if it will be better than oq or openraid, but it's a step in the right direction.

Mothman91

Also Blizz just said that the next patch will improve the raid finder and include Flex. I don't know if it will be better than oq or openraid, but it's a step in the right direction.

Isn't everyone on WoD? I think they said something about no more patches because of that.

Or major patches. not sure.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
1-70 shield slam is the most OP ability in the whole game
It's ok, it comes at the expense of playing the most boring class in the game.

Fjordson

I think it depends on the server. On Sargeras (alliance) it's really high population, so flex groups are constantly forming in trade. I can get an SoO normal or flex group any day of the week so long as it's before about 2 AM server.

And yeah, 3 healers with 14 people total is basically the norm from what I've seen.

I miss group quests

They're called 'Scenarios' now. We need more difficult Scenarios like Heroic Dark Heart of Pandaria. Then I'll get back that feeling I had when I was doing the ending quest chains in Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm, the last time group quests were actually good.

I've never managed to level a mage past like 20. I always just end up thinking "Why am I not playing a warlock?"

Mages are really slow to get most of their cool skills compared to warlocks who are ready to destroy everything at level 10.

BTW I cant stand Alliance.

Why do rogues move side to side behind you really fast, and hunters jump all over the place in PVP?

Rogues get bonus for back attacks and Hunters can shoot while they are moving.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a 58 mage and a 64 mage. Never clicked, and I played a wizard for most of EQ.

Found more enjoyment in Elemental Shaman and Boomkin.

Been working on getting Cata Dungeon Achievements lately.

Had a bunch of 'em done from Cata, but still had a good chunk of 'em left.

Managed to get most of what I had left completed over the last day or two, with only Blackrock Caverns and one achievement in Deadmines left.

Cata dungeon runs are pretty decent money surprisingly.

I'm up to 554 on my Hunter now. Been trying to get into Normals lately.

Lucked out last week and got into one and won Tier Chest and some Gloves.

I'm gonna try that here soon hopefully. My guild and I were supposed to do them before mists and everybody kind of just dropped off.

Ultratech

I'm gonna try that here soon hopefully. My guild and I were supposed to do them before mists and everybody kind of just dropped off.

I'm sure you could probably go and get most of 'em done solo nowadays.

The ones I have left in BWC are bit tricky though, since you pretty much need a good 3 or more people to make them either doable or easier (the first one, you need enough people to spawn adds and the second one has you killing mobs that can hit you for like 2/3rds of your Max HP with some skill they got).

Getting the damn Orbs in the Sky dungeon was a bit of a pain though.
Something I didn't realize was that on the 2nd boss, there's actually two Orbs you can get by getting thrown up by the tornadoes the boss spawns.
One was in a fairly tricky spot that I couldn't get to for whatever reason, so I just Disengaged from the platform and managed to click it.

So this just happened within 5 minutes of each other.

S27OvDU.png

h6og28H.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best part about grant a level isn't the level granting. It's people who don't know what it is and just see a level 8 shaman suddenly level 55

Khezu

I have a 58 mage and a 64 mage. Never clicked, and I played a wizard for most of EQ.

Found more enjoyment in Elemental Shaman and Boomkin.

I have always had the opposite, could never get down with Shammy or Moonking because they lacked the basic tools and fun factor of being a Mage, they just never felt complete to me.

I also had a similar problem with Destruction Warlocks, and always played Demo or Affliction, but MoP changed them around enough that they feel really great now, and it's now my favorite spec.

The best part about grant a level isn't the level granting. It's people who don't know what it is and just see a level 8 shaman suddenly level 55

I did RaF when it was still a pretty new thing, so I made sure to use the level granting in the middle of crossroads, people freaked out, was so good.

Mages are really slow to get most of their cool skills compared to warlocks who are ready to destroy everything at level 10.

BTW I cant stand Alliance.

Rogues get bonus for back attacks and Hunters can shoot while they are moving.

Honestly I was just trolling. It's just funny to see every rogue open up on y ou and dance left and right.

That, and the moment you start attacking a hunter he starts jumping all over the place.

there's no advantage to either

Khezu

For hunters there is an advantage to jumping.

One you still move forward with out having to press on the W/E key, so this can make it easier to hit some keybinds.

Two, you can turn around easily well jumping, so hunters well running away, jump in the air, turn around to face you, shoot your with an instant, and then turn around well still in the air and land, and then continue going forward. You can also use it to go forward well turning to avoid backstabs from Rogues.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Honestly I was just trolling. It's just funny to see every rogue open up on y ou and dance left and right.

That, and the moment you start attacking a hunter he starts jumping all over the place.

there's no advantage to either

I dunno man jumping used to work well for warriors in BC when they would spam jump and slam so that they wouldn't waste instant cast slam procs and accidentally begin casting a slam which would reset their swing timer.

Rokam

Nibbleh down! Some rank 10 person was making fun of me saying it was the easiest fight for melee. I'd love to play whatever special advanced melee class that doesn't have a problem with that fight.

And done!

Fjordson

Nibbleh down! Some rank 10 person was making fun of me saying it was the easiest fight for melee. I'd love to play whatever special advanced melee class that doesn't have a problem with that fight.

And done!
Damn, grats! Literally took me like two weeks to beat Ahoo'ru.

Robin64

Amazing.

Phase #2801 - Karazhan 2: Eclectic Boogaloo has been renamed to Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious Edition.

Fjordson

Guys, enhance shammy or ret paladin? I can't decide on what I want to level up for WoD.

I'm leaning towards the shaman for some reason, but both seem fun.

Slayerx

Haven't played WoW at all this week. Something weird happened, I reinstalled Skyrim and as opposed to always giving up after 5 minutes like every time before I actually kept playing....about 30 hours so far.......I hate the combat so much.........can't stop though.

Guys, enhance shammy or ret paladin? I can't decide on what I want to level up for WoD.

I'm leaning towards the shaman for some reason, but both seem fun.

I played for years as a prot paladin and attempted ret multiple times during that period and always hated it. Last time I tried ret would have been during Wrath so I can't really say how they play now but they felt so slow and boring to me due to weapon swing time and ability cooldowns.

I currently play an enhance shaman. Absolutely love it. This has been my character from around the Dragon Soul patch in Cata onwards. I do believe enhance kind of sucks to level until you get maelstrom weapon so be warned that it might not be so hot until then. But once you get that and things start to proc it becomes much more active. It feels like a very fast and active character.

The only reason I'd suggest ret over enhance is what you intend to do solo. I love to try things solo and work on mounts and obviously a class that can tank is going to have an advantage in some fights. Enhance has a lot of abilities to help them solo content with all the self-healing and damage reduction but in the end there's some stuff that's simply impossible for enhance that a plate wearer could survive through. So go ret if you want to have prot as a dual spec possibility for particular content. I just fine enhance much more entertaining to play.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I played for years as a prot paladin and attempted ret multiple times during that period and always hated it. Last time I tried ret would have been during Wrath so I can't really say how they play now but they felt so slow and boring to me due to weapon swing time and ability cooldowns.

I currently play an enhance shaman. Absolutely love it. This has been my character from around the Dragon Soul patch in Cata onwards. I do believe enhance kind of sucks to level until you get maelstrom weapon so be warned that it might not be so hot until then. But once you get that and things start to proc it becomes much more active. It feels like a very fast and active character.

The only reason I'd suggest ret over enhance is what you intend to do solo. I love to try things solo and work on mounts and obviously a class that can tank is going to have an advantage in some fights. Enhance has a lot of abilities to help them solo content with all the self-healing and damage reduction but in the end there's some stuff that's simply impossible for enhance that a plate wearer could survive through. So go ret if you want to have prot as a dual spec possibility for particular content. I just fine enhance much more entertaining to play.

There isn't as many downtime as before for ret paladins now, especially since Haste reduce cooldown also. Between Judgment, Crusader Strike/Hammer of Righteousness, Exorcism, Templar Verdict/Divine Storm, your lvl 90 talent, Hammer of Wrath when your target as less than 20% HP or when you have your wings up, refreshing Inquisition every minute, those procs that reset the cooldown or Exorcism and give a free Templar Verdict/Divine Storm once in a while, i find that i often have a button to press. The most I can wait between 2 abilities now is 1 sec or 2 secs at worst.

mclem

we have our reasons...

NwMM0Hy.jpg

While that's not true any more.. I may have attempted to run downstairs and get a pizza out of the oven in the middle of tanking the Sha of Fear. The trick was to fit it all in exactly between pagoda phases. I was - amazingly - successful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
/played is 7 hours and 30 minutes
level 62 lol.

Anyone know if the RAF stuff scales real poorly with green quests? Hellfire went from giving me amazing quest xp to crap.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
And the staff from sha of pride makes 6 items from SoO LFR this week!

Not bad, 496 to 513 within 5 days! Now to run ToT tonight and see if I can get gloves, belt, maybe a ring or two and a neck!

ampere

Giving up on Monks?!: (

I constantly have the urge to re-roll lol

I think bears have my favorite theme for tanking, I mean it's a bear. Assuming they make bear's active mitigation less awful I'll prob give it another shot, it was my first tank after all. But on the other hand I feel like I have to play a Draenei paladin because it's Draenor :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How long's the game sale going on?

Even though my brother's doing RAF with me, I'm tempted to dual box RAF once I get this second monitor. Likely won't even use the second account except to grant levels then be done with it after a month.
Edit: January 1st. Got it.

Man... Moonfang. That paw that transforms you into a look-a-like and you can still cast while in that form... awesome. Only sad part is the hour cooldown. I've been doing LFR bosses as a hunter wolf and loving it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the best way to do the leveling process running two WoWs at once with RAF? I don't know anyone at 90 who would be willing to dungeon run me nor do I have the gold or desire to pay someone else to.

Quake1028

Holy crap, playing a fire mage is confusing. I can't find a simple talent/rotation guide anywhere, for solo play. Any help/advice/thoughts?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Holy crap, playing a fire mage is confusing. I can't find a simple talent/rotation guide anywhere, for solo play. Any help/advice/thoughts?

Switch to frost and spam frosbolts, ice lances, frostfire bolts and whatever lvl 75 talent you got.

Sorry, i suck with fire. :p

Fire Solo play? lol

Only frost can solo play safely but fire is good till you get critical everytime.

Normal rotation
fireball. fire bomb, fireball till you get for fire buff, inferno blast to activate Pyroblast!, fireball, fireball + pyroblast (to gain a free fire buff again).

Keep and eye for your fire bomb and repeat

Also a guide

Also I used the pasive ability to resist more physical attacks instead of the frost shield, cauterize and used frost nova and dragon breath to keep them away too

Also dont forget frostfire bolt can make the enemies go slower and gaves you time to unleash your combo then use dragon breath to disorient them.

Also I use combustion helper to know the time to use Combustion and deals tons of damage and stun certan enemies with that spell, which we can rivalize against those frost hippies mages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom