• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachpies

I've given up on trying to get a key from websites. Bot central or 'pay for it' seem to be the only options, and no thanks to either.
I think it is always worth it if it is a free giveaway even if your chances are lower. Also people said the IGN keys lasted for a long time today and it would be about 1/2 the cost of a month of wow compared to the $70+ people are selling them for.

RPGCrazied

Any expectations to the blood elf male you guys hope to see? I really hope they fix the chest, does it really need to stick out that far? It clips helms when he breathes.

And they better not give him body hair. :D

Magnus

I'm listening to the Pandaria soundtrack as I do some housework. Man. They really fucking knocked it out of the park, on almost every track. So good. Despite my low playtime with it compared to all the others (due mostly to life changing over the last *decade*, lol), I think I have to rate it as my favourite of all the expansions, except for maybe Burning Crusade...just due to the amazing ways it expanded on a world I'd loved for the first time. I'll never forget the first 24 hours that friends and I played that game. It was crazy to see so many things expand and change all at once. Overwhelming if you were really into the game like we were.

Wrath next for sure. I spent the most time in that one - we really went as hardcore into raiding as ever, and I led all the healers in our raids, and was rewarded with Val'anyr as a result. Loved the armor sets, the designs, the soundtrack, the Scandinavian-inspired themes, and of course, Dalaran.

Cata's last for me, as it is for so many others, and still, I loved so much about it. Seeing the old world expand and transform so much was a huge breath of fresh air at the time. I loved seeing this get up-ended. It really made the world feel more alive.

Any expectations to the blood elf male you guys hope to see? I really hope they fix the chest, does it really need to stick out that far? It clips helms when he breathes.

And they better not give him body hair. :D

You know, I'm surprised at myself for not anticipating this more....I main a male Blood Elf! lol

In my head, I still think of my main as a human male, but I went horde at the end of Cata, just as I went casual (and many of my old buds who did the same went horde and moved from our boring Suramar over to a busier Mal'ganis, where only Horde is really busy).

To answer your question, I hope they a) fix the clipping, as you said, and b) make them a little beefier, in the same proportions as the new human and draenei male models. Some mild body fuzz = yes please.

Question: In all of these artcrafts, we're seeing generally one face design for each race/gender combo. They're still going to have multiple face types, right? And a corresponding update for each existing face type, so that people can generally maintain the same character look if they want to? (using the new higher fidelity models that is; I know that people are going to be permitted to hold onto the current low-end models if they want to)

Vashetti

Banned
Hey folks. I just logged into my battle.net account.

The last expansion I bought for WoW was Cataclysm, it says I'm applicable for an upgrade (to Pandaria).

I see this:

Wb6cxrn.png

and then when I click on Digital Purchase, it takes me to this page:

Does this mean I would get the Pandaria expansion if I bought that?

I put up a couple videos of all the currently added new character models and a couple of their animations if anyone is interested.

Alliance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7rCcZLKjtI
Horde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJaaFdmFC4

I was going to work on capturing animations, but when I got in game, I realized half of them weren't completed yet.

I'm planning on putting up some videos this weekend of the starting quest line, bonus objectives, a look at garrisons, and a run through the first dungeon. Anything else anyone would like to see while I'm recording?

RPGCrazied

Hey folks. I just logged into my battle.net account.

The last expansion I bought for WoW was Cataclysm, it says I'm applicable for an upgrade (to Pandaria).

I see this:

and then when I click on Digital Purchase, it takes me to this page:

Does this mean I would get the Pandaria expansion if I bought that?

I think you still need to get MoP, but you can probably find that for dirt cheap. I don't know about the EU version though.

Vashetti

Banned
What does Blizzard themselves sell it for where you live?

I guess eBay?

£16.99 on their site for Pandaria.

There's a seller on eBay doing it for £9.99 with the option to make an offer to get it cheaper. I think that's going to be the best option.

Sucks they don't give gametime with these expansions anymore though.

lazygecko

I put up a couple videos of all the currently added new character models and a couple of their animations if anyone is interested.

Alliance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7rCcZLKjtI
Horde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJaaFdmFC4

I was going to work on capturing animations, but when I got in game, I realized half of them weren't completed yet.

I'm planning on putting up some videos this weekend of the starting quest line, bonus objectives, a look at garrisons, and a run through the first dungeon. Anything else anyone would like to see while I'm recording?

Thanks for the videos. I see what people mean with the "same face" problem now. I guess it largely stems from the old faces having very specific features and expressions baked into the actual texture (like the evil joker grin variant for female orcs). It's probablly not feasible to carry that over when they need a very neutral default expression which the new facial animations can be derived from.

I don't really know how and if they can even solve this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing that pisses me off about the new models is that the female models have got these realistic(ish), toned down bodies. The female dwarves bust has been reduced, so it's not all over the place like in the current model. Yet the male models continue to be these freakish roid beasts that appeal to no one's sensibilities. Fine if the Orcs need to be that way, but does everyone else? Why did the male Draenei get even bigger?

Magnus

Has anyone in the EU preordered at retail and received a key to use online to get the 90 boost now?

The thing that pisses me off about the new models is that the female models have got these realistic(ish), toned down bodies. The female dwarves bust has been reduced, so it's not all over the place like in the current model. Yet the male models continue to be these freakish roid beasts that appeal to no one's sensibilities. Fine if the Orcs need to be that way, but does everyone else? Why did the male Draenei get even bigger?

It appeals to my sensibilities!

+1 to big muscles and bigger frames on my men.

I'm starting to wonder what I should be boosting. I think I'm going to get one now to have a fresh 90 to dick around with, and then get another when I actually get WoD.

Here's what I've got from over the years:

90 Priest (main, which I sped-levelled to 60 via RAF)
90 Mage
90 Paladin (my first main, back in Vanilla)

80-something Warrior (boosted to 80 via Scroll a year or so ago)
80-something Shaman (sped-levelled to 60 via RAF)
80-something Priest (an old main; I rerolled my current main before race changes went live, haha)

70-something Druid (boosted to 60 via RAF)

60-something Hunter
60-something Death Knight

40-something Monk

20-something Warlock
20-something Rogue

---

I think I want to have a 90 Warlock - class has always intrigued me. And it was the very first class I ever played as. I took it up to level 7 back in 2005 and thought to myself, "This is complicated! I'm going to roll a paladin instead". lol!

I might bust the second boost on...the hunter. Or the DK. Or the Monk. Fuck, I don't even know. Rogues don't really appeal to me.

Thanks for the videos. I see what people mean with the "same face" problem now. I guess it largely stems from the old faces having very specific features and expressions baked into the actual texture (like the evil joker grin variant for female orcs). It's probablly not feasible to carry that over when they need a very neutral default expression which the new facial animations can be derived from.

I don't really know how and if they can even solve this.

I'll be honest, as much as I like the new models, I was pretty dissapointed to see that their new faces did not change much. Honestly out of all of them the Draenei seems to have the biggest differences between the face options. A bunch of the new faces also look no where near their old counterparts either. I'll be interested to see the backlash if it stays like that and they don't offer free customization.

Well as for the Warlock, if you boost that now you can do the green fire questline and get it done so you have the feat of strength/title before 6.0/Warlords drops.

RPGCrazied

Why is my performance in beta so much worse than live? I tried doing one of the new zones yesterday, and got like 15fps, and as low as 13. I never see that on live, even a 25man raid.

Hmm the new DK frost tier set bonuses are interesting. 2pc seems really strong, and 4pc might be good enough to completely flip around stat weights once you get it. Haste might be really good with it.

Mage Fire 4pc sounds really fun. ALL THE PYROBLASTS.

Enhance 4pc sounds pretty great as well. Turn into a feral spirit yourself? Sign me up.

Robin64

Garrisons are working again in the latest patch! Follower Missions now properly complete, rewards work, class specialization loot is created and the mine is obtainable which contains a LOT of ore nodes. Good shit.

shadowmoon and blackrock spire are (but they scale you and your items up to level 100) and bloodmaul slag mines is for level 90
Ah, I see. I queued up and it took about 30 minutes to find a healer, and then when we wiped on the first boss (one time!), the healer just left, saying how I was underleveled.

Pretty irritating if they are scaling us, since it's like.. "No, I'm not underleveled. You have to actually learn the fight, rather than face-rolling like on live."

Robin64

The whole modern WoW mentality of "wipe once, quit" is really obnoxious. Back in the day, people would stick at this. I remember when Magister's Terrace came out, the pug I found for the first run in there spent several hours on it. We wiped way more than once (especially on that pack before Kael) but stuck at it. When we completed it, it felt GREAT.

CassSept

The whole modern WoW mentality of "wipe once, quit" is really obnoxious. Back in the day, people would stick at this. I remember when Magister's Terrace came out, the pug I found for the first run in there spent several hours on it. We wiped way more than once (especially on that pack before Kael) but stuck at it. When we completed it, it felt GREAT.

Rose-tinted glasses bro. If you get a decent group then maybe, but pugs back in TBC were as bad as they are now. Even worse because if one person quit you'd have to run back to Shatt and look for people again.

Tacitus_

Rose-tinted glasses bro. If you get a decent group then maybe, but pugs back in TBC were as bad as they are now. Even worse because if one person quit you'd have to run back to Shatt and look for people again.

Nah, finding groups were harder back then so people used to stick together when they got one. Not for wipe-a-thons mind you, but nowadays I've seen people quit if they didn't get a res while everyone else was running.

CassSept

Nah, finding groups were harder back then so people used to stick together when they got one. Not for wipe-a-thons mind you, but nowadays I've seen people quit if they didn't get a res while everyone else was running.

Eh, I remember a lot of quitters after first wipe too. Entitled gamers were always part of the fanbase, this is nothing new. Maybe more noticeable now since more people hit the level cap than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom