• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

I guess the corehound mount could be the blizzcon item for attendees and virtual ticket holders.

I really don't see them giving 2 anniversary gifts away. So its either a RAF mount, in the cash shop or the blizzcon item.

Hixx

I guess the corehound mount could be the blizzcon item for attendees and virtual ticket holders.

I really don't see them giving 2 anniversary gifts away. So its either a RAF mount, in the cash shop or the blizzcon item.

The in-game pet/mount guide says it's a drop and the info is "Take a guess".

Strange. My credit card number got changed back in February of this year, so I updated my CC info with battle.net in March before my subs would automatically re-up, and when they tried to renew they used my old CC which failed and they immediately dropped my sub. Why didn't they use my updated billing info? These idiots...

RPGCrazied

The in-game pet/mount guide says it's a drop and the info is "Take a guess".

Molten Core? Well, that would certainly get people to go back. Unless its the new scale feature of older instances and only drops for the higher difficulty. I don't know.

Arms warrior rotation going old school, and I love it. Rend and Whirlwind back in the rotation, MS costing rage, overpower spam out. Balacing the talent tier with slam, sudden death and rend bonus rage seems like a headache. Also making wild strike useful again is a smart move. Sitll unsure if I'll boost my undead warrior to 90 or make a new warrior (probably tauren or orc) and boost that to 90.

Touchdown

Banned
Strange. My credit card number got changed back in February of this year, so I updated my CC info with battle.net in March before my subs would automatically re-up, and when they tried to renew they used my old CC which failed and they immediately dropped my sub. Why didn't they use my updated billing info? These idiots...

The same thing happened to me once. It was a bit of a hassle to go through the website and change my credit card info but luckily it didn't take that long to get back online.

Fjordson

Arms warrior rotation going old school, and I love it. Rend and Whirlwind back in the rotation, MS costing rage, overpower spam out. Balacing the talent tier with slam, sudden death and rend bonus rage seems like a headache. Also making wild strike useful again is a smart move. Sitll unsure if I'll boost my undead warrior to 90 or make a new warrior (probably tauren or orc) and boost that to 90.
Yeah, I love the sound of it all. I played a warrior in vanilla and I think I may level one up now. Or boost one :lol my warrior from vanilla has been sitting at level 65 for years.

witness

About to hit 90 on my shaman today, and when I do I'm switching back to elemental. Just because I do not want to depend on two weapons for my damage. I have almost a full set of timeless armor in his bag, so I'll be ready to go. When I'm geared up enough to do SoO then I'll change my loot to enhancement and get geared up that way. Really fun class for me regardless of spec, really excited to hit 90 with him.

antonz

Molten Core? Well, that would certainly get people to go back. Unless its the new scale feature of older instances and only drops for the higher difficulty. I don't know.

I could see it being in Molten Core. Molten Core and SOO are currently the 2 listed Legacy Raids in WOD when you look at the premade group tab

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could see it being in Molten Core. Molten Core and SOO are currently the 2 listed Legacy Raids in WOD when you look at the premade group tab

Unless they're drastically changing Molten Core, why the hell would they waste resources on bringing back such a bad, boring raid?

Yeah, I love the sound of it all. I played a warrior in vanilla and I think I may level one up now. Or boost one :lol my warrior from vanilla has been sitting at level 65 for years.

I had played my Draenei Warrior on Stormrage this last expansion but I can't convince my friends to switch off Horde, have like a million characters so its not a big deal in any way, I just like alliance aesthetics more :p.

Worth resubbing atm?

If its still 5.4 I don't think so, only thing I'd resub for is to level up or farm garrosh on flex/normal for heirloom weapons (I hadn't gotten one after 5 or so weeks so I gave up). It seems unlikely that you'd be able to get the cloak within a few weeks at this point, and you need that to be competitive in DPS/Healing in most groups by now. I'd say wait for 6.0.

Magnus

I had played my Draenei Warrior on Stormrage this last expansion but I can't convince my friends to switch off Horde, have like a million characters so its not a big deal in any way, I just like alliance aesthetics more :p.

If its still 5.4 I don't think so, only thing I'd resub for is to level up or farm garrosh on flex/normal for heirloom weapons (I hadn't gotten one after 5 or so weeks so I gave up). It seems unlikely that you'd be able to get the cloak within a few weeks at this point, and you need that to be competitive in DPS/Healing in most groups by now. I'd say wait for 6.0.

Few weeks? There's probably still over 4 months until WoD hits. Unless I missed something about 6.0 hitting sooner, or the cloak going away soon?

Ultratech

Unless they're drastically changing Molten Core, why the hell would they waste resources on bringing back such a bad, boring raid?

Yeah, I imagine if they did anything with it, it'd be a complete redesign.

Few weeks? There's probably still over 4 months until WoD hits. Unless I missed something about 6.0 hitting sooner, or the cloak going away soon?

This is true.

WoD's not likely to hit for a while yet, so you'd have plenty of time to get stuff done.

Either it's just in there to test out the new premade group UI or we'll be seeing a new Molten Core. We shall see.

Then again I imagine they will list just about any raid or dungeon in that new UI even if you can solo it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, some Uglycraft pics from the beta, some with commentary:

Some stuff to get started

wod_uglycraft_1x1drk.png

wod_uglycraft_28ycxb.png

wod_uglycraft_3yue1o.png

Tanaan Jungle Intro Experience

wod_uglycraft_4uqioj.png

wod_uglycraft_5cledp.png

wod_uglycraft_6dfev3.png

wod_uglycraft_7qoen2.png

wod_uglycraft_8dvedi.png

Unfinished terrain, Tanaan Jungle North. I do not know if this is present only in the intro experience.

wod_uglycraft_9djdlj.png

wod_uglycraft_xdqez8.png

wod_uglycraft_x171umk.png

wod_uglycraft_x22juv1.png

wod_uglycraft_x3d0ur3.png

wod_uglycraft_x4w7uhy.png

wod_uglycraft_x55quyt.png

wod_uglycraft_x693u6g.png

wod_uglycraft_x7uxu7l.png

wod_uglycraft_x8wrukw.png

wod_uglycraft_x10s9u12.png

wod_uglycraft_x9mmuj6.png

wod_uglycraft_x11djuya.png

wod_uglycraft_x127wuxa.png

wod_uglycraft_x13iiu4e.png

wod_uglycraft_x14esuxo.png

wod_uglycraft_x1505uo5.png

wod_uglycraft_x16npufu.png

Shadowmoon Valley

wod_uglycraft_x17gousi.png

wod_uglycraft_x18hxux4.png

wod_uglycraft_x19xxu4e.png

Some flowers. Yes, flowers.

wod_uglycraft_x20bmu7g.png

This talbuk got stuck in the ground but got free after a few twitches.

wod_uglycraft_x22r6u4h.png

The garrison flight point uses the Grand Gryphon model, and this is what it looks like with basemip set to 2.

wod_uglycraft_x23ucu51.png

wod_uglycraft_x249wu3d.png

wod_uglycraft_x250lukc.png

wod_uglycraft_x26c5uo4.png

wod_uglycraft_x2735u2g.png

wod_uglycraft_x28wauq5.png

The hippogryph model looks a bit screwed up as well.

wod_uglycraft_x29gzu01.png

wod_uglycraft_x30vce2o.png

Lastly a pic of the new hydra model.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote down a few thoughts as I tested:

• Some variables have been consolidated which I appreciate. The rather irritating ffx variables (special, netherworld etc.) seem to now operate under a single variable.
  • componentTextureLevel 2 does not seem to effect hdPlayerModels very much. The different in component fidelity (player texture quality) between value 1 and 2 is minimal. This could be something Blizzard could look at.
  • Farclip seems to have minimum value decreased/increased (depending on how you look at it). It seems to no longer be at 100, but I could be wrong as I haven't looked into it that much, and there's no help text on this via the console either. But compared to retail, it seems to be a bit deeper.
  • Performance with hdPlayerModels enabled was quite bad in crowded scenes, but worked well in less crowded scenes. I had no greater dips in Shadowmoon Valley at least, but the Tanaan Jungle intro experience was brutal. FPS between 8-13 wasn't uncommon.
  • Arms warrior is currently very broken, but it's something Blizzard has acknowledged, so I'm not worried. Survivability was ok, but everything is very slow.

RPGCrazied

Rösti;120714469 said:
Alright, some Uglycraft pics from the beta, some with commentary:

Man, do you play like that? Losing MSAA but rocking ultra settings at 1600x1200 with CMAA doesn't look so bad anymore. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rösti pics ♥

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Man, do you play like that? Losing MSAA but rocking ultra settings at 1600x1200 with CMAA doesn't look so bad anymore. :)
Yeah, I have an arcane GPU so I've gotta really tweak WoW to have it run with a decent FPS. I can do 10-man and 25-man raiding on these settings, but world bosses like Ordos (40-man) reduces FPS to something around 0-8. I've been trying to get the game running in 320x240, but it seems hard to force that with the hardware I have.

antonz

Rösti;120715435 said:
Yeah, I have an arcane GPU so I've gotta really tweak WoW to have it run with a decent FPS. I can do 10-man and 25-man raiding on these settings, but world bosses like Ordos (40-man) reduces FPS to something around 0-8. I've been trying to get the game running in 320x240, but it seems hard to force that with the hardware I have.

You got a PCI-E capable Motherboard?

RPGCrazied

Rösti;120715435 said:

Ouch, Santa or someone should get you a new computer, or one thats plays wow without melting your eyes! :p

I was able to get bugged somehow earlier and run around Talador without getting ported out, or any NPCs spawning. Such a pretty zone. The environmental art team is on the ball, though I might just be nostalgic for BC-style art after so long. SMV >>> FFR, as well.

New Khadgar model on ultra settings. I'm really hoping that outfit is obtainable, would love that for my human warrior. :

Yeah, I wish they would do less over the top stuff like that for Tier gear. I feel like Blizzard has run out of ways to make MASSIVE, EPIC, INCREDIBLE armor sets that retain distinct class traits like they used to in Vanilla, BC, and some of Wrath.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I wish they would do less over the top stuff like that for Tier gear. I feel like Blizzard has run out of ways to make MASSIVE, EPIC, INCREDIBLE armor sets that retain distinct class traits like they used to in Vanilla, BC, and some of Wrath.

Mythic Warrior tier disagrees with you

antonz

It is still pretty rough in the initial area open to us but it seems like its just a few bug fixes away from a new zone being available to us. They need to work on the professions though as Garrisons are locked to profession so heavily cant do anything beyond the initial stage unless alchemist

Just spent like 90 minutes overhauling my Trade Skill Master settings. Feels good man. Only things I didn't add that I had planned were Primal Diamond options (AH currently flooded with cheap ones, but not cheap/too many to reset market) and a function that compares the value of making Royal Satchels vs. Spellthreads. That last one might be kind of difficult though.

It looks like it's still really far from being released. :( /sigh

Yea, at this rate I would say November is probably likely. I've been in the beta's since Wrath and this is by far the most incomplete one I have seen. Really feels like its still in its alpha stages at this point. Hell, a couple weeks ago half of Tanaan was still missing half its textures.

antonz

One thing I am really happy with the expansion is the change in art style. No Offense to Pandaria but the whole Asian theme was so boring and left little excitement in designs.

The first 2hander I got as a quest reward as a ret Pally looks better than most of the Pandaria stuff and its just a cheap blue

Pre

One thing I am really happy with the expansion is the change in art style. No Offense to Pandaria but the whole Asian theme was so boring and left little excitement in designs.

The first 2hander I got as a quest reward as a ret Pally looks better than most of the Pandaria stuff and its just a cheap blue

Yeah, I didn't care much for the aesthetic of Mists (and I didn't really care for the whole expansion, either). I'm looking forward to a proper Warcraft feel again. I really didn't like the Mists raids because I didn't really feel like I was playing Warcraft. I expect WoD to correct this.

Nah, finding groups were harder back then so people used to stick together when they got one. Not for wipe-a-thons mind you, but nowadays I've seen people quit if they didn't get a res while everyone else was running.

Depended on the level of the instance involved. Getting a run for Maraudon, for example, was a pure nightmare of people not knowing the fastest route to the dungeon, getting lost in the maze outside the instance portal, someone forgetting their staff in their bank so you couldn't shortcut to Empress, jerks leaving once their NR gear dropped, etc. The frustration built quickly and replacing people was simply impossible. Now you just wait a few minutes.

There's this ongoing myth that the community was 'tighter' back in Vanilla/TBC. It wasn't. Not even a little bit.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Considering resubbing, last time I played in March I just dinged 90. What should I do next? Also, how do I get and utilize the farm?

Onikaan

I stupidly deleted my 85 Druid and Mage about a year ago. Now friends want to play in preparation for Draenor and I'm currently holding a ticket to get them back.

It's been over a year... I'm not going to hold my breath.

But I've been leveling a paladin in the meantime. The game is strange to me now, I started playing in '06 and stopped around 2012/2013. I healed Deadmines today and everything happened so fast. Had no idea what was going on. Hardly healed the tank at all. I don't even think they needed me.

Hopefully I can find my feet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom