• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

I stupidly deleted my 85 Druid and Mage about a year ago. Now friends want to play in preparation for Draenor and I'm currently holding a ticket to get them back.

It's been over a year... I'm not going to hold my breath.

But I've been leveling a paladin in the meantime. The game is strange to me now, I started playing in '06 and stopped around 2012/2013. I healed Deadmines today and everything happened so fast. Had no idea what was going on. Hardly healed the tank at all. I don't even think they needed me.

Hopefully I can find my feet again.

Pretty sure they can restore really high level characters after that long, good luck! Worst case, it doesn't take too too long to level anymore.

Tank self healing is crazy good in the world of MoP. It's going back down a bit (supposedly) in WoD.

Tacitus_

Depended on the level of the instance involved. Getting a run for Maraudon, for example, was a pure nightmare of people not knowing the fastest route to the dungeon, getting lost in the maze outside the instance portal, someone forgetting their staff in their bank so you couldn't shortcut to Empress, jerks leaving once their NR gear dropped, etc. The frustration built quickly and replacing people was simply impossible. Now you just wait a few minutes.

There's this ongoing myth that the community was 'tighter' back in Vanilla/TBC. It wasn't. Not even a little bit.

I'm talking max level dungeons because that's the only thing that matters. UBRS groups didn't just wither up because you wiped to Rend. On that matter, groups stayed together for a while as you looked for someone to open the damn place.

In BC, people stayed through a lot for heroics. You didn't quit because of a trash wipe, those were almost guaranteed to have some, because the trash was hard as fuck.

The bolded is why this doesn't happen any more.

The irritating part of TBC heroics was you needed a perfect group composition and CC was king. If you didn't have CC you'd best hope you were a healer, tank, or maybe a shadow priest because you were unlikely to get an invite otherwise. Playing a shaman was terrible back then because hex wasn't in yet, I don't think repentance lasted a minute either, warriors also didn't have a cc.

I stupidly deleted my 85 Druid and Mage about a year ago. Now friends want to play in preparation for Draenor and I'm currently holding a ticket to get them back.

It's been over a year... I'm not going to hold my breath.

But I've been leveling a paladin in the meantime. The game is strange to me now, I started playing in '06 and stopped around 2012/2013. I healed Deadmines today and everything happened so fast. Had no idea what was going on. Hardly healed the tank at all. I don't even think they needed me.

Hopefully I can find my feet again.

You'll most likely get them back. I deleted two of my vanilla 60 characters at the start of TBC, and then, when they allowed same faction on PvP servers, the GM's restored both with everything intact within 24 hours of putting in the tickets.

Tacitus_

The irritating part of TBC heroics was you needed a perfect group composition and CC was king. If you didn't have CC you'd best hope you were a healer, tank, or maybe a shadow priest because you were unlikely to get an invite otherwise. Playing a shaman was terrible back then because hex wasn't in yet, I don't think repentance lasted a minute either, warriors also didn't have a cc.

Yeah TBC heroics were overtuned as fuck for the amount of CC they required.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guess I should get more CMs done on my alts before 6.0 hits, but the problem seems to be getting my guild motivated about it now that Monday has seemingly become alt raiding day. I know we can easily crush them, just need to get people motivated... And not have us carry more than 1 dps at a time.

Looking at Wowuction Global Statistics. I'm on Mal'Ganis Horde which is 8th in daily market volume for the U.S. What really surprises me though is that Illidan at #1 is nearly double that. If I wasn't on Mal'Ganis I'd probably be there or on Area 52 though.

Interesting to note that the EU seems to have a much higher overall volume. Wonder if that means more EU players are still playing the game in comparison, or if the realms are just more condensed.

Guess I should get more CMs done on my alts before 6.0 hits, but the problem seems to be getting my guild motivated about it now that Monday has seemingly become alt raiding day. I know we can easily crush them, just need to get people motivated... And not have us carry more than 1 dps at a time.

I did both the Scarlets last night on my lock with a group from my guild after raid. Was fun. Will definitely have to finish them on him now. Want to do that and Druid, possibly Paladin if I level/boost him in time.

Slayerx

I shouldn't have used free faction change on Barth. I wanted to go alliance anyway but I will probably xfer to Frostmourne now.

Pretty much confirms to me that it is impossible to fix faction imbalance unless Blizzard outright blocks character creation for specific faction, which would be terrible.

Checked email and got a key! But it was Heroes :( They fucking know I spend money on the most random shit in WoW, that is the only explanation for Hearthstone beta key and now this (2 Hearthstone keys actually) :( The variety bundle was a fantastic deal :(

Anyone have a good guide for getting ready for Pandaria raiding, or how to start? I stopped playing before I hit raiding this time around and I'd like to do some of it before WoD comes out.

Tacitus_

Anyone have a good guide for getting ready for Pandaria raiding, or how to start? I stopped playing before I hit raiding this time around and I'd like to do some of it before WoD comes out.

Go to the Time lost Isle. Do stuff there and acquire purples. Queue for LFR. Marvel at the stupidity on display there.

Took a break from the WoD alpha because of how buggy it was. Logged into the 'beta' today and it crashed to desktop on character creation... yeah guess I'll sit it out a little longer.

Tacitus_

Thanks, I'm pretty much all in epics from Timeless currently. I'll start on the legendary cloak chain this week. How long am I looking roughly to complete it at this stage?

2-3 months unless they do another item drop buff. The valor grind needs 2 clean resets minimum, so even with one you'd be looking at best for a 1 month+ grind.

RPGCrazied

I thought darker nights was in the beta now? Or at least redridge? Just took this screenshot. Well, this is what it looks like now, realm time was almost 11PM. Is that not late enough?

Wo_WScrn_Shot_071314_154756.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
2/3 of the servers just went offline. Was this a planned downtime?

Onikaan

I always link this: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

Decent fansite resource.

Rarest still available mount by this data: Swift Shorestrider... just a recolor TCG Strider mount. Boooooring.

Next rarest is Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, drop from Sha of Anger world boss.

I wanted to say Ashes of Al'ar, but not anymore. Everyone has one. lol

That's still obtainable? I've heard the Sha world boss' serpent drop. Not quite sure, though.

There's also this list. Probaby not 100% accurate: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

the rarest ones are ones that are no longer obtainable, after that it is pvp mounts, tcg mounts, and then the rare drop mop mounts

Interesting :)

So what's the rarest mount you own?

I managed to bag the Swift Zulian Tiger back in the day. I'm quite proud to own it.

RPGCrazied

I managed to bag the Swift Zulian Tiger back in the day. I'm quite proud to own it.

Probably the Karazhan horse, horrid drop rate, took me months. I stopped trying for Raven Lord, that won't drop. I eventually got the white hawkstrider, so I should try again sometime for Raven Lord.

Onikaan

Probably the Karazhan horse, horrid drop rate, took me months. I stopped trying for Raven Lord, that won't drop. I eventually got the white hawkstrider, so I should try again sometime for Raven Lord.

That's the beautiful thing about this game man. Just getting together with some friends and farming the crap out of old dungeons for the rare mounts.

If when they finally drop you can make someones days.

RPGCrazied

That's the beautiful thing about this game man. Just getting together with some friends and farming the crap out of old dungeons for the rare mounts.

If when they finally drop you can make someones days.

Or just solo them at 90, lol. Man, I can't wait to solo firelands/ICC at 100! Unless they nerf what is going on in the beta.

Peachpies

I have a White Riding Camel but I haven't used it yet, actually learned would be Korkron Juggernaut. I think the best looking mounts aren't too hard to get though.

Tacitus_

Most were manageable, but Shattered Halls/Arcatraz were a nightmare if you didn't have a perfect group comp.

Heroic Magister's Terrace got its own topic on Elitist Jerks. Those were the days.

That One Room in Shadow Labyrinth was a pain in the ass as well. I'm kinda excited for the new heroics coming since I found the Cata ones pretty well tuned, outside of a boss or two.

Fjordson

Damn, so jealous! That may be my favourite ground mount in the game. Never got it to drop back in the day =[

Rarest mount I own is Mimiron's Head if that list is at all accurate.

That One Room in Shadow Labyrinth was a pain in the ass as well. I'm kinda excited for the new heroics coming since I found the Cata ones pretty well tuned, outside of a boss or two.
I'm most excited by Blizzard creating separate level 100 and heroics for each dungeon, honestly. Hopefully we'll get level 100 faceroll versions and then heroic "you have to understand the fights" versions.

Touchdown

Banned
I'm most excited by Blizzard creating separate level 100 and heroics for each dungeon, honestly. Hopefully we'll get level 100 faceroll versions and then heroic "you have to understand the fights" versions.

As long as they aren't as brutal as some of the Cata ones were early expansion. I just remember Grim Batol taking hours to get through the whole dungeon. ugh

Looks like Armored Blue Dragonhawk is still my rarest. Hmm. So boring.

At least Poseidus is pretty close in rarity and that one's more interesting. But I only got to really show it off when Dino Island got that random patch of water near the world boss (drawing a blank on the name of the T-Rex) so I could float in the air on my seahorse.

As long as they aren't as brutal as some of the Cata ones were early expansion. I just remember Grim Batol taking hours to get through the whole dungeon. ugh
I remember trying to heal H. BRC on my resto shaman about 3-4 days after the expansion hit, and I thought it was literally impossible. It was a PUG that I found, and after getting through the first two bosses without a ton of trouble, we wiped on the third boss at least 10 times. We wanted that shitlord to go down, so we all stuck around. After he was down, Beauty and the last boss went down on their first attempts IIRC.

It was pretty crazy. I could understand the nerfs, but I think the overdid them a little bit. Some of those bosses were a lot of fun whenever you really had to plan things out and do things perfectly.

Blazing Hippogryph through a legit box purchase. I REALLY debated just hanging onto the card and selling it but liked it too much.

I've been farming Houlon lately with no luck but I have no complaints since Flametalon of Alysrazor dropped when me (hunter) and a shaman two-manned Firelands earlier this week. He already had it so it was automatically mine.

---
I think the Timeless Isle is trolling me now too. So I discovered late that the timeless boots with a burden (plus upgrades) will be as good as I'm gonna get not running flex/normal SoO. I've destroyed ones I got in the past not even realizing I had LFR boots I could replace. Now what happens? I've gotten four burdens, four pairs of leather boots, and every other type of gear except mail boots. Ah well. C'est la vie. :/

So I figured out how to solo Thorim 10 man on my Lock so I can now do Ulduar for the mount every week...

But I can't solo Yogg 25. Just demolishes your face in P3. Can duo it very easily though.

Onikaan

I put a ticket in on friday evening and it's been stuck on around 2 hours wait time for the last 24 hours.

Should I send a ticket about my ticket? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom