• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That british accent is melting my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIrcoNZZ9Q

Gonna watch this now

And done
Untitled.png

Go to Timeless Isle, collect 496 gear and queue for any LFRs you can. Get your Celestials kill every week for a shot at your 553 tier pants and gloves.

To get the farm, you have to get to go back to the Valley of the Four Winds.
The celestial a drop tier gloves? I didn't know that.

I'm so happy, just got a WoD beta key through a contest!

Yes yes yessss.

Time to try out all the classes and look at the character models.

First WoW beta I've ever gotten into. This eases the wait for WoD.

I cannot FUCKING WAIT for darker nights.

Didn't it used to be like that, and then they changed it to be lighter so that no matter what time you played, you could enjoy "day time" or something? Like for people who could only play at night or whatever.

For some reason I remember Vanilla being fairly dark at night, or at least way darker than it is now.

ampere

I put a ticket in on friday evening and it's been stuck on around 2 hours wait time for the last 24 hours.

Should I send a ticket about my ticket? :D

No lol.

Just gotta wait. Usually I get answered tickets pretty fast (few hours), but I always make simple requests like freeing up a name.

The level 90 boost gear for a fresh warlock is so ugly.

Yay warlock!

I think I'm going to boost my Warlock when I hit 60. It's the only class I don't have at least at 85.

witness

Dinged 90 on my shaman, switched to elemental and started LFRing. Up to the second wing of ToT, I need another 10 ilvl average to be eligible for SoO. So hopefully just another wing or two and I can go. When I do though I'm switching my loot spec back to enhancement (my preferred spec). I'll be very excited to switch back as soon as I get enough gear (meaning two 528 weapons). I'm saving up all my valor points to fully upgrade them immediately. I am faction changing him this week to a Orc.

Onikaan

So hypothetically, if you had a boost to 90, what would you use it on.

I have a boost, but I'm so indecisive

No lol.

Just gotta wait. Usually I get answered tickets pretty fast (few hours), but I always make simple requests like freeing up a name.

We're good now. Got my Druid and Mage back :)

It's an interesting Tank class, very similar to DK back in the early days of Wrath. They're ridiculously overpowered at lower levels, and those advantages don't really go away at higher levels.

I've never played one as dps or healer. They do seem to have a bajillion buttons that evolve over time in their use, so boosting to 90 would make you skip all that training.

Tamanon

Banned
Are Monks fun to play?

Would it be unwise to boost one to 90 if I'm totally unfamiliar with them?

I enjoy playing as a Windwalker. Not too many buttons and pretty steady DPS with just enough windowing that you can do during bosses that have DPS windows. Feel powerful at least. I wouldn't suggest boosting one though, since they get that +50% XP boost daily quest for an hour which really helps you breeze through levels with limited play.

Hixx

Are Monks fun to play?

Would it be unwise to boost one to 90 if I'm totally unfamiliar with them?

DPS spec? No. I got to 90 with mine and realised I'd never really enjoyed levelling it, especially the higher the levels got. Though to be fair I don't really enjoy the way any of my 90s play, probably why I've sat most of MoP out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14689648/the-gaze-of-the-black-prince-returns-7-14-2014

Gaze of the black prince is coming back. This makes me happy as I will be valor capped for the test of valor potion on tuesday. This will really help me and my wife.

Anyone have any suggestions for the most efficient way possible to do the quests AFTER the Test of Valor? It looks like we have to do the PVP part, which is fine. Then we have to collect 20 secrets, 40 trillium bars.... then 12 titan run stones, then the thunder kings heart. I'm guessing we can do the secrets this week, and should hold off on killing the thunder king until AFTER we've run all the other LFRs for Titan Runestones. Then go kill the guy, right? Or can we go back and kill him again later to get his heart even if we've already killed him that week?

Pre

Some real arseholes in this game.

7JBYOR7.jpg

The L2P stuff honestly isn't anywhere near as bad as it used to be, at least from my perspective (that might have a lot to do with the diminished population of my server). But yeah, there are some people who take things way too seriously. Most people would rather bitch and moan instead of teach people to become better players. If someone's shitting up an instance, what's going to help more, complaining or walking them through the encounters?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Today, I had a look at one of the two level 100 areas in Shadowmoon Valley - Anchorite's Rise. This is a place where the new faction The Sargerai can be found. They are a faction of draenei twisted in the service of the Shadow Council, and have sacrificed much in pursuit of power.

There is another faction there besides The Sargerai, though it consists of mainly Podlings and appears hostile to the player. The Sargerai and the Podlings seem at war, and you can see them frequently in battle.
I didn't take any shots of these plant vermin, as The Sargerai call them, as they were at level 100 and hit very hard.

smvmapibs0g.png

wod_071414_g136rph.png

Initially, nearly all mobs in this zone are hostile. You can however combine a Sargerai Cowl, a Sargerai Robe and Sargerai Slippers into a Sargerai Disguise.
This turns "all" Sargerai forces there neutral, and you are free to explore. This is what the disguise looks like.

wod_071414_g2hzqs5.png

Several different mobs appear in this area. This is a Sargerai Darkblade. Melee class, hits extremely hard (on level 92 anyway).

wod_071414_g3pwqsu.png

Sargerai Acolyte. Was quite easy to take down, and I got the necessary items to create a Sargerai Disguise from these.

wod_071414_g4bxpda.png

Sargerai Warlock. I didn't engage these in combat.

wod_071414_g5uvp8n.png

The Sargerai seem very keen on farming, and they do so in these canopy like structures.

wod_071414_g6mopkw.png

Are they growing tumbleweeds?

wod_071414_g7kbrmx.png

Some other plant, looks like something you can fund underwater.

wod_071414_g8wwosy.png

These bowls of what looks like fruit can be found all over the area.

wod_071414_g9wyrab.png

Everything's just not farming, they've got a few training dummies up.

wod_071414_gx16qeq.png

Another random bowl, seems to contain crystals.

wod_071414_gx1w1onl.png

This appears to be the main accomodation area. Guarded by a Wrathguard and a Sargerai Darkblade.

wod_071414_gx276pxe.png

Some lesser "tents".

wod_071414_gx39eqg3.png

Interior of one of the buildings. They seem mainly to work inside.

wod_071414_gx4akopo.png

One greater building, notice the balcony.

wod_071414_gx5pwqrn.png

Inside the building with the balcony. This is the faction quartermaster.
Did not sell anything (currently).

wod_071414_gx6barl3.png

Some structure at the center of the accomodation area.

wod_071414_gx79sqfp.png

Here stuff stats to get a bit dark. A ritual is taking place.

wod_071414_gx8y9pga.png

Alternate view.

wod_071414_gx97ho2g.png

Alternate view from a higher up location.

wod_071414_gx20o2rei.png

Mother... something (thought I wrote it down). Level 100 elite Shivarra.

wod_071414_gx21b0suw.png

A slope to a higher up location.

wod_071414_gx22tkssg.png

Almost there.

wod_071414_gx23wssen.png

Wrathguard chilling out in a wooden structure.

wod_071414_gx24css9s.png

A menacing circle with desecrated ground and a crystal.

wod_071414_gx259js9x.png

A warlock doing stuff with the crystal.

wod_071414_gx26vksu6.png

Shot of their primary building, the Shrine of Othaar.

wod_071414_gx35j7snd.png

A wrathguard patrols outside the Shrine of Othaar.

Spoiler alert - The screenshots and text below contain some minor spoilers

wod_071414_gx2730scn.png

Anchorite Laanda.

wod_071414_gx28zsstm.png

Soulbinder Zamaya.

wod_071414_gx29f1sgb.png

As you can see in the previous screenshot, this building is not open.
You cannot interact with the door but you can pass through it in ghost form.
This is the right side of the "lobby".

wod_071414_gx30a3s18.png

Left side of the "lobby"

wod_071414_gx317psul.png

If you have completed the quest The Traitor's True Name in the
The Pursuit of Justice quest arc in Shadowmoon Valley, you will know that Exarch Othaar has been up to some nasty stuff, and now server a new master under his new name Socrethar.
He flees from you in this quest, and does not return in any other lvl 90-92 quest. At what level this event/quest is intended I do not know, but I assume it's for level 100.

wod_071414_gx32ygs3h.png

What happens here is some kind of betrayal involving Anchorite Laanda and Soulbinder Zamaya. Some dialogue can be seen in the shot, but I took the liberty
of writing it down in full:

Socrethar says: So this is the traitor in the midst.
Socrethar says: Join me, brother. Velen was wrong to refuse the Burning Legion's gifts.
Anchorite Laanda says: Never. Will you take Kil'jaeden's blessing, only to give up your soul?
Socrethar says: Fool, your soul will be mine, even in death! Shattrath and Auchindon will fall!
Socrethar says: Zamaya, finish him!
Soulbinder Zamaya says: With pleasure, master.
Anchorite Laanda yells: Auughh auuuughhhhh!

wod_071414_gx335zs7n.png

Anchorite Laanda being choked (I think).

wod_071414_gx34e7syc.png

Soulbinder Zamaya just standing there. I do not know if anything more happens, the event just triggered and there was no quest available.
I tried defeating her but she had 234K health and hit very hard. Got her to 95%.

antonz

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14689648/the-gaze-of-the-black-prince-returns-7-14-2014

Gaze of the black prince is coming back. This makes me happy as I will be valor capped for the test of valor potion on tuesday. This will really help me and my wife.

Anyone have any suggestions for the most efficient way possible to do the quests AFTER the Test of Valor? It looks like we have to do the PVP part, which is fine. Then we have to collect 20 secrets, 40 trillium bars.... then 12 titan run stones, then the thunder kings heart. I'm guessing we can do the secrets this week, and should hold off on killing the thunder king until AFTER we've run all the other LFRs for Titan Runestones. Then go kill the guy, right? Or can we go back and kill him again later to get his heart even if we've already killed him that week?

Secrets will be a gamble.

I just got the secrets part last week and was lucky enough to get 9 of them across all the bosses that drop them. Another person in my guild who got to the same step only got 2. Will take you two weeks to get the 20 at a minimum. Exalted rep with wrathion is needed too but for most should not be an issue.

weevles

I jumped back into the game after about 3 years. I was never hardcore and never got past level 40 on any one character. I'm so lost, at least as far as doing dungeon runs or other group activities...seems impossible to casually play such a mature game as this as an actual MMO since everyone expects you to know exactly what you are doing and are intolerant of noobs. :(

Still, I'm ok with playing solo for now. Just takes longer. I'm thinking of preordering WoD too. Any suggestions on a class to do the boost with? I tried most of them, but never got very far with any of them. :p

Secrets will be a gamble.

I just got the secrets part last week and was lucky enough to get 9 of them across all the bosses that drop them. Another person in my guild who got to the same step only got 2. Will take you two weeks to get the 20 at a minimum. Exalted rep with wrathion is needed too but for most should not be an issue.

Yeah, we're already exalted with him. We hit that the last time they had the buff.

Do secrets drop from all throne of thunder bosses or just the last 6? If the last 6 do it, don't the first 8 of Siege do it as well? So if we're the luckiest fucks in the world we could get 14, but that probably won't happen.

So two weeks for secrets, and then another 2 weeks for titan runestones? After that it just takes a few hours, or at least that's my understanding.

Yeah, we're already exalted with him. We hit that the last time they had the buff.

Do secrets drop from all throne of thunder bosses or just the last 6? If the last 6 do it, don't the first 8 of Siege do it as well? So if we're the luckiest fucks in the world we could get 14, but that probably won't happen.

So two weeks for secrets, and then another 2 weeks for titan runestones? After that it just takes a few hours, or at least that's my understanding.

Secrets are all of ToT and first 8 SoO. It's runestones that are last 6 ToT (and first 8 SoO.) Runestones will take you at least 2 weeks, probably 3+. Not sure how much the buff affects the drop rate.

Magnus

The buff is back tomorrow? Thank goodness. I just did the first two wings of SoO (first time ever), and got exactly 1 Titan Runestone. Boo.

antonz

All of ToT and first 8 in Siege with Lei Shen and Sha of Pride guaranteed to each give 1. So in theory you could get 20 in a week but very unlikely.

Titans first 8 of SOO and last 6 of ToT so its possible to get 14 in a week though again unlikely.

Dinjooh

The buff is back tomorrow? Thank goodness. I just did the first two wings of SoO (first time ever), and got exactly 1 Titan Runestone. Boo.

I'm still trying to get the 3000 valor required. For some reason the achievement only wants to pick up half the valor I get, so it's effectively taking me 6 weeks to do this shite quest. Urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom