• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

So hey, about that...

We discovered a teeny tiny little issue with the Battle Fatigue debuff. Turns out, it was set to increase tank damage taken by -25%. Yes, that's an increase of negative 25%...

Haha, I've done that a couple times myself.

Hixx

Talador and Gorgrond are "on deck" (ready to be pushed?) for the beta with Spires and Nagrand to "follow closely" after according to Afrasiabi's twitter.

Gooooood.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else find dailies gold reward to be crappy? Like I could make more in that time just leveling an alt to have an extra farm/extra prof cooldowns.

Pre

Anyone else find dailies gold reward to be crappy? Like I could make more in that time just leveling an alt to have an extra farm/extra prof cooldowns.

Eh, you make something like 19 gold per quest and knock many of them out pretty quickly. That's not a bad haul of gold.

Daily quest reward gold has been a pittance since they nerfed it at the start of Cataclysm (? I think that's when they did it). You get more vendoring shit you pick up during normal questing than you do from the quests themselves.

antonz

what they need to do is not repeat Pandaria. Make like 1 daily hub and just double the gold or whatever.

Early Pandaria was a fucking headache with how many different hubs to do dailies for rep etc. Blizzard argued you could moderate yourself and pick 1 rep or whatever to focus on but doing that meant totally screwing yourself progression wise.

aka_bueno

How does the beta feel with the ability pruning and streamlining?

I'm currently playing Wildstar but if that dies, i'd consider jumping back into WoW (I played Vanilla and then again in Cata). My problem with WoW is how bloated it got with everything, especially with having so many abilities and macros that it was just a mess. Same with the stats and numbers. And rep dailies.

antonz

How does the beta feel with the ability pruning and streamlining?

I'm currently playing Wildstar but if that dies, i'd consider jumping back into WoW (I played Vanilla and then again in Cata). My problem with WoW is how bloated it got with everything, especially with having so many abilities and macros that it was just a mess. Same with the stats and numbers. And rep dailies.

They streamlined a lot for the 2 classes I have played so far in the Beta(Mage and Paladin). I still use the same abilities I did in Pandaria its just a lot of excess stuff has been made passive or removed.

Rep wise is all wait and see as right now we are limited to the intro zone which is more or less just a storytime zone to introduce the situation and the true starter zone where you build your garrison etc.

what they need to do is not repeat Pandaria. Make like 1 daily hub and just double the gold or whatever.

Early Pandaria was a fucking headache with how many different hubs to do dailies for rep etc. Blizzard argued you could moderate yourself and pick 1 rep or whatever to focus on but doing that meant totally screwing yourself progression wise.

I burnt myself out like 6 weeks in from MoP launch (just before 5.1) from all the dailies. And that was just with one character at the time. It's definitely something to watch out for again.

Managing multiple farms is dangerously close to that level, so I hope whatever dailies/rep grind + garrison(s) isn't too bad. Hopefully they have commendations in from the start so if there's important profession recipes locked behind reps it's not horrible.

Magnus

To this day I haven't gotten the major weapon enchants on my main because they were locked behind rep. At the time (5.0-5.1) I think all we had were dailies. Are there better ways to get rep up now?

I miss rep tabards. :(

Tamanon

Banned
To this day I haven't gotten the major weapon enchants on my main because they were locked behind rep. At the time (5.0-5.1) I think all we had were dailies. Are there better ways to get rep up now?

Now at least you can champion a Panda rep for Heroics/Scenarios and do the farm daily once you own the farm.

Besides the farm and championing the rep, you can also kill warbringers for rep tokens. And once you get revered with a rep, pick up the commendation from the respective quartermaster which doubles all your rep gains with the faction for all characters on your accounts. Speeds it up on alts a lot, since there's typically some intro quests for each faction that reward loads of rep.

Ultratech

Finally got to do Heroic ToT tonight for the first time.

Wasn't too bad.

Only wipe we had was on Dark Animus, which was pretty impressive.

And we managed to one-shot Lei Shen which is a pretty crazy fight.

(Too bad Ra-den didn't seem terribly interesting.)

Did manage to nab 4/5 pieces of Tier gear for transmog thanks to little competition.

On that note, only got 3 achievements left on the Meta now.
(Head Case, Ritualist Who?, and 2/4 Complete Circuit)

I jumped back into the game after about 3 years. I was never hardcore and never got past level 40 on any one character. I'm so lost, at least as far as doing dungeon runs or other group activities...seems impossible to casually play such a mature game as this as an actual MMO since everyone expects you to know exactly what you are doing and are intolerant of noobs. :(

Still, I'm ok with playing solo for now. Just takes longer. I'm thinking of preordering WoD too. Any suggestions on a class to do the boost with? I tried most of them, but never got very far with any of them. :p

Only thing I would recommend is be a bit vocal about being new to something if you aren't already doing so. While you'll get in some groups that'll just ignore you and blow through everything and don't care if you know what's going on you'll also come across people willing to help if they know you're new as well as perhaps someone trying a role for the first time that might be willing to come out and say they may not be super comfortable as well.

Years ago I did a little bit of tanking as a DK and Warrior while leveling and each time I'd just warn each group I was fairly new to it and sometimes you'd get a group of asshats that just say "blood boil and don't die" or whatever would make sense and other times they'll just be more casual and okay with it.

Rarely hurts to speak up. Unless they kick you because they don't have the patience.

Also, maybe just look through the guild finder thinger for a guild with a ton of people so you can get in a big, active one and hopefully have people who will have alts that'll be willing to run with you to help you out.

I've been playing beta, and I think it's time to get my Undead Rogue to 90 on live. I'll play whatever spec that needs to use Death from Above. I looove the new Undead model. Feels good.

Anticipation is bugged on beta though, doesn't do anything. Lava Surge is bugged as well, just gives you unlimited Lava Burts during its duration, same with Divine Insight on Shadow Priests.

mclem

So, Galakras heroic. We've approximately got it on farm now, but there's an interesting phenomenon I noticed in normal that I was surprised to find was still relevant in heroic: When we're actually *on* Galakras, I - as tank - can actually solo him for a good chunk of his health if everyone else gets killed. Our first kills had only me and a warlock alive for the last 25% or so. Last night even the warlock died, so I took him from 10% or so to zero.

I say solo, of course the NPCs in the fight are also involved and crucial to the outcome, but now I'm wondering from what percentage of health I can still successfully kill Galakras without anyone else in the raid helping out.

Rokam

I've been playing beta, and I think it's time to get my Undead Rogue to 90 on live. I'll play whatever spec that needs to use Death from Above. I looove the new Undead model. Feels good.

Anticipation is bugged on beta though, doesn't do anything. Lava Surge is bugged as well, just gives you unlimited Lava Burts during its duration, same with Divine Insight on Shadow Priests.

It is a pretty cool animation, sadly I think the shadow copy w/e in its current state is just too good. I've been wavering on if I want to level my paladin or rogue first, but I'll be honest the main reason I like my rogue is because his transmog is great. Probably one of the best green leveling sets Blizzard has done. I'm afraid of what the updated gnome models is going to do to his face.
ioBsndN.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Decided to make these... because fuck yeah :D

xUJAMhx.gif

YYAebTE.gif

Someone on my guild forums "heard through the grapevine" that beta ends in 3 weeks.

LOL?

Pressing for a reply now, but that only makes any sense at all if they meant how closed the beta currently is. I'm not in right now like many of you, but from what I've seen it's so incredibly unfinished that there's no fucking way. They haven't even gotten to raid testing yet for one. Let alone a semblance of completed professions or a dozen other things.

strafer

Someone on my guild forums "heard through the grapevine" that beta ends in 3 weeks.

LOL?

Pressing for a reply now, but that only makes any sense at all if they meant how closed the beta currently is. I'm not in right now like many of you, but from what I've seen it's so incredibly unfinished that there's no fucking way. They haven't even gotten to raid testing yet for one. Let alone a semblance of completed professions or a dozen other things.

If that's "true" they better be pushing out some builds.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Finally got to do Heroic ToT tonight for the first time.

Wasn't too bad.

Only wipe we had was on Dark Animus, which was pretty impressive.

And we managed to one-shot Lei Shen which is a pretty crazy fight.

(Too bad Ra-den didn't seem terribly interesting.)

Did manage to nab 4/5 pieces of Tier gear for transmog thanks to little competition.

On that note, only got 3 achievements left on the Meta now.
(Head Case, Ritualist Who?, and 2/4 Complete Circuit)

Yeah, I heard Ra-Den is an absolutely boring fight and was pretty much a guaranteed kill in a night or two if you managed to get to him.

CassSept

LOL?

Does he have any history of providing early info? You'd be surprised how adept people are at pulling things out of their asses. I was in a casual guild, first obviously when I was leveling my char in 2007, around the time of WotLK announcement, last year on my ally char, and did some pugs few years back and holy crap the sheer amount of misinformation going around was staggering. People were repeating every single dumb thing they saw somewhere and the baseless rumors were spreading around incredibly fast.

Magnus

Now at least you can champion a Panda rep for Heroics/Scenarios and do the farm daily once you own the farm.

Besides the farm and championing the rep, you can also kill warbringers for rep tokens. And once you get revered with a rep, pick up the commendation from the respective quartermaster which doubles all your rep gains with the faction for all characters on your accounts. Speeds it up on alts a lot, since there's typically some intro quests for each faction that reward loads of rep.

How does championing work? You select a rep bonus for each daily heroic/scen you do?

Tamanon

Banned
How does championing work? You select a rep bonus for each daily heroic/scen you do?

Yup, should see a choose reputation button on the group finder, or just hit the star next to the rep in your reputation window. You get a fixed amount at the end of the first heroic/scenario/heroic scenario you do each day.

Dinjooh

What's the most efficient way to make gold these days?

Don't want to be a pest with all the questions. Sorry.

I make big cashola on selling greens. Whether they be from leveling alts, or just doing daily quests. Just. Selling all of it. 650 greens on AH atm, collecting 1-2k every morning in my inbox.

Sweet, I checked my drop down on the launcher this morning and it said I have the beta now! Didn't get an email, but I probably will later on.

I never get anything like this early

LOL?

Haha, no. Even the first intro quest in Tanaan makes you go into a building that has unfinished textures.

Onikaan

I make big cashola on selling greens. Whether they be from leveling alts, or just doing daily quests. Just. Selling all of it. 650 greens on AH atm, collecting 1-2k every morning in my inbox.

Oh my.

I did notice the price of greens was alot more than pre-panda.

Hixx

Haha, no. Even the first intro quest in Tanaan makes you go into a building that has unfinished textures.

I noticed some progress there in the latest build, the stones that are named after the clans have cool new visual flair. It's so boring doing that area, though. Like doing level 1-6 all over again. Suppose that's what they're going for with character boosts, though.

lazygecko

Can anyone on the beta confirmed if they've updated the sound effects? They were talking about it last Blizzcon. I assume they meant things like weapon sounds, footsteps, casting, etc.

Onikaan

So why do they go for so much now?

Been having a look through the AH and there are low level greens going for just as much!

Dinjooh

So why do they go for so much now?

Been having a look through the AH and there are low level greens going for just as much!

People have money and are willing to spend it, it seems.

I'm often selling lvl 18 rings of monkey, intellect etc for.. 2-500g.

Insaaaane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom