• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talents

Banned
What would you guys recommend for a Destro Warlock who mostly PvP's? Grimoire of Sacrifice or Grimoire of Supremacy?

Also, as I'm playing a Human Warlock, should I still get the trinket for PvP that removes movement impairing effects? I ask this as humans already have a racial that removes movement impairing effects.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So frost for solo play, eh? I guess that's what I did before, and in raids I started out fire but later switched to arcane.

I'm not sure how the 3 specs compare right now, but Frost is also viable for dungeons and raids now. It's not just a solo/pvp spec anymore.

Tarazet

Holy crap, playing a fire mage is confusing. I can't find a simple talent/rotation guide anywhere, for solo play. Any help/advice/thoughts?

Glyph of Frostfire Bolt, but realistically, Fire is meant to do high damage to bosses, not to kite squishy mobs out in the world. Frost is much better at it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm not sure how the 3 specs compare right now, but Frost is also viable for dungeons and raids now. It's not just a solo/pvp spec anymore.

Frost is pretty much considered the best spec until you have gear over 553 is basically how I understand it.

By best I mean most versatile, all the specs are pretty close in damage except for at high gear levels arcane just demolishes everyone.

Fire is about single target DPS with high health like bosses or elites
Arcane is about speed damage to a single target
Frost is by far the safest spec to play for mages it can be used in any type of gameplay.

Arcane needs the Arcane golem for tanking imo.

Quake1028

Thanks for the help, all. I will re-spec to frost tonight and make my way to Hyjal. Screwed around in UC and Orgrimmar last night.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Thanks for the help, all. I will re-spec to frost tonight and make my way to Hyjal. Screwed around in UC and Orgrimmar last night.

What helps with frost is that they have a high chance to crit, they can slow their targets and they have procs that shows up quite often that makes their spells instant, stronger and free of mana. What's better than spells that slow targets, are instant and that have a high chance to crit? :p

Quake1028

What helps with frost is that they have a high chance to crit, they can slow their targets and they have procs that shows us quite often that makes their spells instant, stronger and free of mana. What's better than spells that slow targets, are instant and that have a high chance to crit? :p

Yeah, I was just being an idiot. I 100% played frost for levels 1-80, but it being 4+ years ago took a while to jog my memory, ha.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You guys are inspiring me to go back to one of my defunct mages and try leveling again as frost.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting myself prepared for RAF-a-thon.

Hunter now has the full heirloom mail set
Shaman has the full cloth heirloom set with the heirloom mace and shield(since spellcasters don't take hits with this much gear on, i'm not worried about armor class), and I can throw it on my Balance Druid when the Shaman hits 85
Not bothering with the trinkets.

Working on rogue/monk and warrior now.
Let's do dis

Mothman91

After my first toon as a priest, don't have any other casters. Paladin/Druid/Monk are all DPS/tank toons. Really want to start leveling a caster one but gonna wait for WoD for a free 90. Either a Lock or Mage because I have one slot left.

Salamando

Already know I'm using my WoD free 90 on a warlock. So much raid utility with the Healthstones, Combat Rez, and gateway. My current main wishes so much that they'd get some of that removed...or at least added to some other class.

Quake1028

The free 90 is kind of useless to me. I'm not a huge alt guy, I have a 80 Mage, 22 War, 6 Druid and 55 DK. So really, I've played Mage and War for any lengthy amount of time. I would be 100% lost if I insta-90'd a Rogue or some such.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The free 90 is kind of useless to me. I'm not a huge alt guy, I have a 80 Mage, 22 War, 6 Druid and 55 DK. So really, I've played Mage and War for any lengthy amount of time. I would be 100% lost if I insta-90'd a Rogue or some such.

icy-veins and soloing for like an hour, and you'll have it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

They are actually making a specific starting experience for the insta-90 chars, similar to how DK's learn their abilities at 55.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I think I am gonna use my free 90 on a warlock, but I always imagine the best use of the free 90 would be to play with a friend who plays on a different faction and or server without having to pay for faction / realm xfer.

Already know I'm using my WoD free 90 on a warlock. So much raid utility with the Healthstones, Combat Rez, and gateway. My current main wishes so much that they'd get some of that removed...or at least added to some other class.

I think more classes should get combat rez and more classes should get blood lust.

As far as I know the list for combat rez is just
Lock
DK
Druid
Sort of Shaman? (i dont think it counts towards the 3 rez limit in 25mans)

For blood lust it's
Mage
Shaman
sort of hunter? (if they have a core hound)

I'd like to see Rogues or warriors get blood lust, it'd make sense for warriors some kind of inspiring shout thing, rogues would maybe get something like "Relentlessness". Similarly I'd like to see more classes get combat res, preferably non healer classes, though paladins should definitely have combat res, and maybe make shamans trade their ability to self res in the future for ressing some one now?

I think giving mages a "turn back time" battle rez would fit pretty well with their whole time aesthetic going on. I feel like priests having a combat rez doesn't fit with their aesthetic too well. I always imagine them being more calculating in their use of the light and a combat rez feels more like a desperation tactic.

ZenaxPure

I actually have all the classes at 90 now except my monk, who is at 87 so close enough. I think I will probably use the free 90 on a second rogue on a different server and horde. That way if they do another thing like 5.1 where the story lines are dramatically different I can do both on my preferred class.

I've actually been playing again thanks to some friends (who wanted me to hang with them so they grabbed me a game card). I enjoy that my rogue's insane flex luck continued the second I got back. Just in one clear last night I managed to replace all my non flex or better stuff except my rings. Kinda ridiculous considering how little I've done the place. 5 clears of first wing, 4 of second, 3 of third, and 1 of the final wing.

Salamando

I think more classes should get combat rez and more classes should get blood lust.

Lock
DK
Druid

For blood lust it's
Mage
Shaman

I'd like to see Rogues or warriors get blood lust, it'd make sense for warriors some kind of inspiring shout thing, rogues would maybe get something like "Relentlessness". Similarly I'd like to see more classes get combat res, preferably non healer classes, though paladins should definitely have combat res, and maybe make shamans trade their ability to self res in the future for ressing some one now?

I think giving mages a "turn back time" battle rez would fit pretty well with their whole time aesthetic going on. I feel like priests having a combat rez doesn't fit with their aesthetic too well. I always imagine them being more calculating in their use of the light and a combat rez feels more like a desperation tactic.

Might be biased here as my main is a Priest, but they should give Priests something. Healing priests get Stam, and that's it. Shadow brings Haste too, which is nice, but still falls quite short of what other DPS can bring. Sure, we get Mass Dispel, which is useful for Thok and Heroic Immerseus, but that's about it.

I'm mostly envious of Healthstones and Gateway. Only 'Lock's provide those, and they're both very useful in raids. Gateway in particular can downright trivialize certain mechanics.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck lust. If you're going to homogenize something, make it the RoS. It's ridiculous that something that isn't integral to a classes playstyle isn't spread all around, but the shit that makes a class unique is given to other ones.

edit: Oh hey, command effects Xuen now. Orc monk stay winning

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mantid join the Arrakoa in the 'boy I wish these races were playable, but they never will be' camp.
Add Tuskarr to this list, too...

Ultratech

Lock
DK
Druid

For blood lust it's
Mage
Shaman

There's also Drums of Rage which is a slightly weaker Bloodlust if nobody else has it for some reason. (And anybody can use them.)

And Hunters have a Battle Res in the form of a Quilen pet, although it has some wonky range and you might have to direct your pet to the body.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
There's also Drums of Rage which is a slightly weaker Bloodlust if nobody else has it for some reason. (And anybody can use them.)

And Hunters have a Battle Res in the form of a Quilen pet, although it has some wonky range and you might have to direct your pet to the body.

Yeah that's right! Forgot about drums of lame and the brez pet.

I feel like the only reason to give more classes these mechanics is because they don't particularly define a class, or have purpose outside of soloing and raiding and it's better if more people have it.

I mean I was in an LFR where the only person who had a battle res was our off tank DK and our tank druid. Which made it terrible if one tank died twice during a fight. But then again this was also probably an extremely unlikely scenario.

Our healers were also all shamans except for one monk. It was a weird LFR.

Richardbro

Neo Member
What are you guys boosting to 90 when WoD comes out? I'm going to boost a Warlock because i've always had a huge interest in them, but don't feel like leveling. Should go nice with my paladin and DK.

My goals for the end of the month before the new year is reach 15k achieve points (200 off) and 200 mounts (currently 196), so I'm farming Dinosuar bones/eggs. Hope I reach it!

Ripclawe

Banned
Players are now able to mail account-bound items to other characters that reside on a different realm on the same account. To send cross-realm mail: enter the character's name, followed by a hyphen "-", followed by the realm name. Note that cross-realm mail can only send account-bound items, not other items or gold.
Additional information and testing discussion for this cross-realm mail can be found in this thread on the PTR Discussion forum.

This please me...a lot

Jag

What are you guys boosting to 90 when WoD comes out? I'm going to boost a Warlock because i've always had a huge interest in them, but don't feel like leveling. Should go nice with my paladin and DK.

My goals for the end of the month before the new year is reach 15k achieve points (200 off) and 200 mounts (currently 196), so I'm farming Dinosuar bones/eggs. Hope I reach it!

Either a Shaman, Monk (currently 25) or Warrior. That's all I have left that are not 90 yet.

Think I'll do the Monk since it has the most utility.

Salamando

The number one thing I hate about being on Alliance....is that I can't gank other Alliance when they steal one of the rare mobs on Pandaria. Makes my blood boil when I'm clearing up the space and someone else swoops in for the tag...refuses to group up...and then acts like jerk about it.

So what do you guys do for gearing up conquest stuff fast? I'm only really interested in PVP at this point... but doing random bG's is taking forever.

ampere

What's the best way to do the leveling process running two WoWs at once with RAF? I don't know anyone at 90 who would be willing to dungeon run me nor do I have the gold or desire to pay someone else to.

The best way I have found is to quest up to 15 and then do only dungeons. Obviously works best as a tank for instant queue but it also works for healers. Dualboxing is easiest if you are leveling two of the same class/spec as well. I've done dual prot paladin, dual prot warrior, and dual disc priest (happened to be when penance at low levels was broken and would almost one shot stuff).

edit: also there's some programs that mirror your keystrokes onto the other client, forgot the one I used. Check out some here http://www.wowwiki.com/Multiboxing_software

Rokam

Played LFR Lei Shen yesterday, everyone ignored the mechanics and still more than a half survived the encounter, no wipes.

When I did it this week, we spent nearly all of the first phase between pylons, it wasn't till someone asked what are you doing that the tank moved him to a pylon... shortly after he ported to the middle.

Also.. it's odd to me given the age that we are still left with so few battleground. If this was a battlefield game we'd have over 100 official maps now... but alas we are still stuck with the main ones.

I wonder why they never put more effort in the map diversity? They can pump out raids like no tomorrow... why not battlegrounds?

ampere

Kinda random thought, but the female draenei model and animations are actually pretty good. Way better than male draeneis.

Definitely better than the males, but still could use the incoming serious art and animation revamp. My shaman main was female draenei for a long time, I definitely want to make a female draenei paladin for WoD.

Fjordson

Also.. it's odd to me given the age that we are still left with so few battleground. If this was a battlefield game we'd have over 100 official maps now... but alas we are still stuck with the main ones.

I wonder why they never put more effort in the map diversity? They can pump out raids like no tomorrow... why not battlegrounds?
Could be that they're just a lot less popular than raids so they don't want to sink too many resources into new ones. I don't have any stats on that or anything so I'm not sure, but it definitely seems to me like battlegrounds have always taken a backseat to raiding and arenas for PvP.

Definitely better than the males, but still could use the incoming serious art and animation revamp. My shaman main was female draenei for a long time, I definitely want to make a female draenei paladin for WoD.
Yeah, I'm just messing around trying to find a race for my shaman and I just realized that I really like their model and animations. Might just stick with it.

Dwarf is probably my favourite alliance race and their new model looks awesome, but my main is already a dwarf and I have an 85 dwarf priest. Need to switch it up :lol

Kinda random thought, but the female draenei model and animations are actually pretty good. Way better than male draeneis.

Been playing female Draenei Shaman here and yeah it's pretty great. They have a wonderful /sit animation. The males are just clunky.

And not that cloth is bad, but it's nice to see her out of robes finally now that I'm 40+.

Whenever I get back to my main account I'll probably roll another female Draenei. They look great as pretty much every class. Still, I think my heart is with the Horde, so any Alliance characters will never be more than fun alt diversions.

Shahadan

Probably also because the more battlegrounds there are, the more the playerbase doing pvp is going to be split. Harder to find a group in a reasonable amount of time. Also not everyone is doing battlegrounds.

ch0mp

What would you guys recommend for a Destro Warlock who mostly PvP's? Grimoire of Sacrifice or Grimoire of Supremacy?
Depends how good your pet control is. Overall sac is easier to play, while sup gives you an interrupt off the gcd and an offensive dispel/cc or whatever along with soul link making you quite tanky.
Also, as I'm playing a Human Warlock, should I still get the trinket for PvP that removes movement impairing effects? I ask this as humans already have a racial that removes movement impairing effects.
No need for that trinket. Get the chance to proc and the on use, then macro it into dark soul or something.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This please me...a lot

It's kind of frustrating how it has been requested practically since heirlooms got implemented and it was always a "technical issue", and now that they're like "Fuck it, we'll just make a tab for these" they just toss it in in some patch before the expansion that'll introduce that tab.

Anoregon

It's kind of frustrating how it has been requested practically since heirlooms got implemented and it was always a "technical issue", and now that they're like "Fuck it, we'll just make a tab for these" they just toss it in in some patch before the expansion that'll introduce that tab.

Although I agree with you, I also think it's fair to say that technical issues/limitations, by their very nature, are likely to be EVENTUALLY overcome. I don't think it's a coincidence that cross-realm BoA mailing is being implemented relatively shortly after a lot of other cross-realm and virtual realm merger stuff.

Ultratech

Managed to get Glory of the Cataclysm Hero last night, finishing up those last few Cata Dungeon Achievements I had left.
Got myself a pretty Volcanic Stone Drake!

And I'll finish up Glory of the Pandaria Hero today since I all I have left is Polyformic Acid Science and that's pretty easy to get done.
Not terribly excited about the mount it gives though. :(

I guess my next goal will be either to either find a group to beat SoO Normal, finish Shadowmourne, or start attempting the ToT Meta to get that Pteradactyl mount.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Managed to get Glory of the Cataclysm Hero last night, finishing up those last few Cata Dungeon Achievements I had left.
Got myself a pretty Volcanic Stone Drake!

And I'll finish up Glory of the Pandaria Hero today since I all I have left is Polyformic Acid Science and that's pretty easy to get done.
Not terribly excited about the mount it gives though. :(

I guess my next goal will be either to either find a group to beat SoO Normal, finish Shadowmourne, or start attempting the ToT Meta to get that Pteradactyl mount.

I haven't attempted to finish my glory of Pandaria hero. I may try this weekend and see how that goes.

I need to finish my glory of the Cataclysm raider. I Just need H Omno and H Nef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom