• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What is killing you?

Combination of things:
1) people not placing saw blades in a spot where they can be avoided for future saw blades or lasers...
2) People running with the laser in really bad spots
3) Our hunter fucking up getting onto the belt

Is there a GAF Guild?

Nope. We tried one on Area 52 a few years back but it didn't pan out. Everyone is too spread out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Paladins can't solo old raids very well, can they?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They do get new models and they are really good. Didn't like the old models but I play a draenei paladin on the beta and he looks cool as hell now.

theres new male Draenei models? I completely missed that

Tacitus_

Combination of things:
1) people not placing saw blades in a spot where they can be avoided for future saw blades or lasers...

We (mostly) avoid 1-2 by always attempting to place the saws to the left of the raid group and running the flames towards the conveyor belt (we tank him where the mines spawn). Oh and leaving the rightmost side empty because that's where we hide during the emp tesla coil thingy that pulses the blades back and forth.

Remember that priests (and hunters if you happen to have enough to have them on boss) can avoid the sawblade together, the priests in my guild use guise something when they're getting targeted and the boss just goes back to the tank.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just a little more than a week now until Activision Blizzard's Second Quarter Calendar 2014 Results Conference Call.

t1407270600z1.png

Source: http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=859691

I doubt there will be any release date announcement for Warlords of Draenor, but perhaps we can get some information about the pre-expansion patch. If anything, at least we will know more accurate subscription numbers.

I play Warlock and also have a Death Knight.

Pretty easy to do it on those guys too. DK especially.

I've been doing it on my wife's lock as well. I just beat the shit out of everyone with my pet out, do it again when they're rezz'd (using the talent that lets you hit multiple enemies. Havoc, I think it is) and then when it's just Kael I dismiss the pet so he doesn't get Mind controlled. Going into Kael's first phase I try to make sure I'm topped off on embers. DPS him until he hits his second phase, and then summon the pet again and blow him up.

At least for me, I take out the chick mage and the guy with the shield first when they come back up. I face towards the side wall, that way if I'm kicked by the dude who walks, I don't go far. I just bounce off the wall and can keep DPSing. After that, the rest are cake.

With the DK, the easiest way to do it, for me at least, was in blood. I can do it in unholy, but I like using death strike and getting the blood shield in case I get stun locked. For my DK I actually kill all of them on the platform. I don't do that shit where I walk them around the room. I have conversion spec'd as my 5th talent, and this is what makes the fight so easy. Conversion gives you a heal over time based on how much runic power you have. Right before everyone is resurrected I make sure my runic power is topped off, and pop conversion right as everyone is resurrected. This insures that even if I'm hit and stunned, I'm constantly regenerating health. When they're about to resurrect, I cast Army, drop death and decay (since they're all clustered together) then I apply my diseases and immediately blood boil (I have the glyph that spreads diseases). This way each boss has something ticking on them, death and decay is hitting them, as well as the zombies beating the shit out of them so even if I'm stunned they're getting hit. Conversion is going in case things get bad, and when I come up I can immediately death strike one of them, and keep it moving. It makes the fight stupidly easy.

If you want to make it even easier, when the fight starts, let the first guy follow you all the way to the left hand corner. Since he walks slow as shit, it's one more person you don't have to deal with immediately.

Let me know if those strats work for you. Good luck. :)

ampere

Pug em? I did for my Hunter and Shaman, but I've given up doing that on my lock. Too many derps. Going to try to do them with my guild from now on. Just have to get people to actually get on for it.

Though I'm happy with my current transmog
image6drurr.jpg

datgreen.jpeg

Done a lot of them with pugs and a lot with friends/guildies. On my Paladin I had a lot of trouble with pugging MSP... got so frustrating. Quick 2 shot with my guildy and his friends last night. I've never pugged them as a dps, only as tank or healer, since I did my Ele shaman with my old guild.

Cool xmog. I will probably use my boost on my warlock and do the green fire quest and maybe CMs. I at least want the green fire FoS.

The elemental shaman in WoD is really, really bad. The 'earthquake' buff off chain lightning, the new echo, the mastery nerfs. They really did a good job of making me not want to play this spec anymore.

At least Enhance got some new animations.

They really need to scrap EQ. Old mastery is just multistrike now which is OK, but I admittedly haven't tried they latest beta mastery.

Paladins can't solo old raids very well, can they?

They absolutely can! Ret should be fine for most stuff, and Prot for bosses that still hit hard.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We (mostly) avoid 1-2 by always attempting to place the saws to the left of the raid group and running the flames towards the conveyor belt (we tank him where the mines spawn). Oh and leaving the rightmost side empty because that's where we hide during the emp tesla coil thingy that pulses the blades back and forth.

Remember that priests (and hunters if you happen to have enough to have them on boss) can avoid the sawblade together, the priests in my guild use guise something when they're getting targeted and the boss just goes back to the tank.

Yup.

The initial sawblades go to the left.
We tank him in that spot.
Fires, it seems to be a cluster fuck. We try to do the middle, but that usually turns into a gong show.
We go to the right side for coil.
Our hunter is usually on the belt so rarely gets targetted by blades.
Our Priest does use Spectral Guise and/or shadowmeld to avoid blades as well.

This is our kill order:

Wave 1: Missile Turret.
Wave 2: Missile Turret.
Wave 3: Electromagnet.
Wave 4: Missile Turret.
Wave 5: Missile Turret.
Wave 6: Laser Turret.
Wave 7: Missile Turret.
Wave 8: Missile Turret.
Wave 9: Laser Turret.
Wave 10: Missile Turret.
Wave 11: Missile Turret.

We usually get to belt/wave 6 or so.

The elemental shaman in WoD is really, really bad. The 'earthquake' buff off chain lightning, the new echo, the mastery nerfs. They really did a good job of making me not want to play this spec anymore.

At least Enhance got some new animations.

I have no major complaints with it.

I find the new Echo of Elements a bit clunky.
I like the new mastery.
I think EQ should just be scrapped entirely. CL does the job.

Hey guys, so I've seen above that there is no official GAF guild but are there any active EU guilds out there?

The recent GB video has got me wanting to play again and it would be fun to level another character rather than just jumping back in at 90 when Warlords hits.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm extremely happy with how my Shaman's face translated to WoD
image1dou5z.png

Think overall, the new Orc models might be the best of the bunch. Most improved, it certainly feels like. Wish my macros came over with my transfer to beta though.

And I really wish they would figure out Fist - One Handed weapons transmog. The fist weapons market is so shitty for finding anything unique or cool. Molten Fury gets old after a while, b ut the new fist weapons on NPCs in WoD look incredible. Still, I have Haromm's Frozen Crescent, and I want to use it. It's one of my favorite weapon models in the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This is actually correct. All end game old bosses are just +3 whatever the expansion max level was.

That's not how it works though, they have a skull for a level, indicating boss. They have their own special 'level'.

Which means they're 3 levels ahead of the players, no matter what level the player is. But they were bosses at level 80, so they're only technically level 83.

But if you aren't hit capped, defense capped, etc, you can get crushed by the boss, or miss. Since they're removing hit I don't think it'll be a big deal, but getting crushing blowed will still be wonky.

What about Firelands and Dragon Soul? or MoP raids? Seems like a lot of work.

Rokam

That's not how it works though, they have a skull for a level, indicating boss. They have their own special 'level'.

Which means they're 3 levels ahead of the players, no matter what level the player is. But they were bosses at level 80, so they're only technically level 83.

But if you aren't hit capped, defense capped, etc, you can get crushed by the boss, or miss. Since they're removing hit I don't think it'll be a big deal, but getting crushing blowed will still be wonky.

What about Firelands and Dragon Soul? or MoP raids? Seems like a lot of work.

It is how it works in WoD though. The only bosses you won't be doing increased damage to are MoP bosses because they'll be 93 and the damage boost is only mobs in which you have a 10 level advantage.

vilmer_

So the 'top' guild on our server just had a thing where one of the officers got into an argument with the GM, and the GM kicked the officer. And ALL the core raiders gquit because the officer was actually good at his job, and the GM was apparently being carried constantly, so they made a new guild.

Pretty funny. Also, I think we're the 'top guild' now. lol.

Good old guild drama :lol The last time I was part of something like that (although this is a slightly different case) was back during early Wrath where I transferred to a new server into an absolutely massive guild. I had stopped playing for a while and a bunch of irl friends had been in the guild for a while at that point so I jumped on board. The guild leader seemed like a cool guy - knew the game inside out, was friendly to casuals, etc. He was an actual rocket scientist by day, that was his profession!

Everything was great for a about a year or so before he suddenly disappeared. It was a few months later that we found out he was actually in jail for child molestation charges. The next day about 500 people were gone.

Magnus

Is there new word on how exactly our characters are going to convert to the new models?

What's struck me as odd is that all the Artcraft reveals so far show us just one model for each race - one face design, one skintone, etc.

All the face designs and tones are going to be available or have equivalents, right??

And will our characters just adopt the new version of that design, or will we all get one free re-customization?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is there new word on how exactly our characters are going to convert to the new models?

What's struck me as odd is that all the Artcraft reveals so far show us just one model for each race - one face design, one skintone, etc.

All the face designs and tones are going to be available or have equivalents, right??

And will our characters just adopt the new version of that design, or will we all get one free re-customization?

Yes yes, don't worry! Everything is being updated. They're just showing off one new look with the new model.

Wunder

Combination of things:

Nope. We tried one on Area 52 a few years back but it didn't pan out. Everyone is too spread out.

Thanks, in other news, I just resubbed to WoW. :-|

edit: Is there a 'must-have' add-ons list I can find anywhere? Trying to remember what I used to have :[

Magnus

Finally did all of SoO for the first time via LFR.

Wow, how utterly underwhelming. I mean, in terms of scale, visuals, the epic feeling. Had nothing on the endings of BC, Wrath, or Cataclysm. A real sour note for the end of such an awesome expansion.

And talk about blah fights. That was it for Garrosh? Really??

Yes yes, don't worry! Everything is being updated. They're just showing off one new look with the new model.

Cool, thanks!

Garrosh LFR, and really all the SoO LFR fights are so nerfed it's disgusting. The mechanics don't matter at all, particularly Garrosh. If you end up doing them on normal/heroic, or even flex to a degree, they're definitely not "blah".

And I don't know how you can respect Dragon Soul. Top 3 worst raids in the game easily.

If you are that bored that you camp the dark portal to gank other players why wouldn't you just move to another game for a while. Far out that must be boring just waiting there.

Magnus

I appreciate that the mechanics must be better/great on Normal or Heroic, definitely. LFR mechanics are either ignorable or non-existent.

I still can't imagine the fight's scale or visual effects change all that much from LFR to Normal, though? It's a very blah fight with a very blah villain. About the most exciting thing that seems to happen is a large iron wheel rolling through the battlefield every 2 minutes, haha.

Dragon Soul, for all its failings, gave us a sense of adventure in its final few wings. And the sheer scale of the final fight always got me going.

Garrosh LFR, and really all the SoO LFR fights are so nerfed it's disgusting. The mechanics don't matter at all, particularly Garrosh. If you end up doing them on normal/heroic, or even flex to a degree, they're definitely not "blah".

And I don't know how you can respect Dragon Soul. Top 3 worst raids in the game easily.

LFR can still be a pain with how bad everyone else is. Undergeared tanks can kill runs. Helped my friend with downfall the last few days on my main. First time we joined at Blackfuse with 2 stacks of Determination already. We wipe once because of everyone standing in shit but kill him the next attempt. Somehow I'm the only person over 150k dps on him (I'm at 380k). Wiped a few times on Paragons between having shit geared tanks (Korven killed a tank at least twice) and bad dps making the fight take forever. Then wiped twice on Garrosh again because of undergeared tanks before most people left. Queue'd again with my friend today and got a much better group with better geared tanks and a few solid dps.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather fight Garrosh one on one as a final boss than hitting Deathwing's toes.

So any ETA on when male humans and female tauren will be playable in beta? Kind of surprised humans aren't in.

Dinjooh

Finally did all of SoO for the first time via LFR.

Wow, how utterly underwhelming. I mean, in terms of scale, visuals, the epic feeling. Had nothing on the endings of BC, Wrath, or Cataclysm. A real sour note for the end of such an awesome expansion.

And talk about blah fights. That was it for Garrosh? Really??

Cool, thanks!

Did you really enjoy Dragon Soul that much? That felt like a major cop out to me. Personally I didn't have much fun running around Dragonblight, especially coming off the strong ends of BC and WotLK with The Sunwell and Icecrown Citadel.

Also, Deathwing was (is?) incredibly broken. We almost always had one get stuck/fell down between platforms.

scoobs

I'd rather fight Garrosh one on one as a final boss than hitting Deathwing's toes.

So any ETA on when male humans and female tauren will be playable in beta? Kind of surprised humans aren't in.
Human models don't look quite finished... leave a bit to be desired, and I think Blizz knows this

Koriandrr

Hey guys!

I've got an invite for WoD beta, heard that the next patch will have the updated models. Worth playing it? I've been told it's not really worth it without the graphics, but I think I'll check it out after the update.

Hey guys!

I've got an invite for WoD beta, heard that the next patch will have the updated models. Worth playing it? I've been told it's not really worth it without the graphics, but I think I'll check it out after the update.

Hmm? Updated models are already in the beta. They are still working on them, but they already look great. Beta was worth it for me just for playing around with all the classes at lvl 100 and seeing the new zones.

Koriandrr

Hmm? Updated models are already in the beta. They are still working on them, but they already look great. Beta was worth it for me just for playing around with all the classes at lvl 100 and seeing the new zones.

They are??? How new is that? Because I played a little last week and I didn't notice anything different graphics-wise....

Rokam

Anyone's friends list been messed up for the past month or so? Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes there's multiple copies of friends, other times friends are missing from the list even though I clearly see them online in the launcher.

edit: Is there a 'must-have' add-ons list I can find anywhere? Trying to remember what I used to have :[

UI is a bit subjective. But I always go for bars, map and nameplates. Those are the 3 I need to play at a basic level.

Edit: I've reinstalled but haven't resubbed yet. On the fence.

TheYanger

I still can't beleive to this day that the large majority of the the raid is made from reused assets.
I think that aside from the spine and Deathy's final form nothing was new.

Ehhh, the zone may be in dragonblight but the corrupted stuff was all completely new. It was a HEAVILY modified version of that zone.
Not saying it didn't have a lot of reuse but still.

Dinjooh

Depends. I can't do without Bartender. That's probably my only absolute 'must have'

Then there's SexyMap for my square map. Auctineer, TradeSkillMaster, TUJ for my auctioning needs.

But now we're already getting somewhere where it's highly subjective.

Would it be worth transferring my BoA gear from my Hunter to my DK whilst levelling? Would the temporary stat loss due to different main stats be worth it for 25% bonus xp?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Worgens and especially Goblins look good enough compared to the new models, I don't think they need that much of an upgrade.

Onikaan

How much gold do you guys have usually?

I keep hearing people tell me they have over 100k and I just can't understand how to generate that kinda of cash.

I've been playing since 2006 and only having 10k makes me feel rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom