• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

How much gold do you guys have usually?

I keep hearing people tell me they have over 100k and I just can't understand how to generate that kinda of cash.

I've been playing since 2006 and only having 10k makes me feel rich!

I can make 20-30k in a month during daily's and professions(JC/Enchanting).

Dinjooh

I keep hearing people tell me they have over 100k and I just can't understand how to generate that kinda of cash.

I usually make around 20k pr week. But my total gold amount depends on so many things.

Sometimes I sell it, sometimes I spend it on stupid stuff, but right now I have a girlfriend who started playing who can't make any money herself so i'm effectively her sugardaddy.

There's a ton of ways to get gold. If you're just starting out, i'd say do whatever you find the most fun? - If that's doing some dailies, grinding some ores, farming some mobs, selling greens, clearing old content or something totally different, that's all cool - you can get money from doing all of it.

Nearing 600k. In a decent week I can make 40-50k+ profit. And that's with slow markets right now due to stagnant content. First couple months of WoD will drastically increase gold-making potential with many more viable markets. Should get over gold cap (as a sum across characters) then if I'm not already.

A lot is having a variety of alts with most of the professions and generating income from that. Besides that I dabble in transmog flipping and do AoE farming. AoE farming I generate at a minimum 3-5k gold an hour or so.

Though I'm going to qualify that I have a lot of free time at the moment and not much to do but play WoW. If I had other solid commitments I wouldn't be able to rake in near as much gold as I currently do.

Onikaan

Nearing 600k. In a decent week I can make 40-50k+ profit. And that's with slow markets right now due to stagnant content. First couple months of WoD will drastically increase gold-making potential with many more viable markets. Should get over gold cap (as a sum across characters) then if I'm not already.

A lot is having a variety of alts with most of the professions and generating income from that. Besides that I dabble in transmog flipping and do AoE farming. AoE farming I generate at a minimum 3-5k gold an hour or so.

Though I'm going to qualify that I have a lot of free time at the moment and not much to do but play WoW. If I had other solid commitments I wouldn't be able to rake in near as much gold as I currently do.

Do you share secrets? :)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

The absolute maximum of gold i ever had was about 8k back in WotLK. Teach me your secrets ;_;

ampere

Is there new word on how exactly our characters are going to convert to the new models?

What's struck me as odd is that all the Artcraft reveals so far show us just one model for each race - one face design, one skintone, etc.

All the face designs and tones are going to be available or have equivalents, right??

And will our characters just adopt the new version of that design, or will we all get one free re-customization?

Short answer: it's a work in progress. Long answer: devs have acknowledged that there's only one facial geometry available per race/sex combo and they are going to alter them to more closely match the old face selections. Tweets below:

Senior Art Director at Blizzard's tweets about this:

Basically Chris Robinson is awesome and understands the issue. Excited to see the updates.

gz, what stats did you aim for while prot?

I just got a set of mostly 463 dodge/parry/hit/expertise gear. Sure it might not be as good as full haste, but it increases Grand Crusader (free Avenger's Shield) procs and works fine. I did get kicked out of a group once as soon as they inspected me, apparently didn't agree with my gearing xP. Hadn't been kicked from a group like that in years lol

Just got to the part of the legenday cloak chain where you have to kill the 4 bosses on the Timeless Isle. Thank god they're global tag and not faction, there were 40 horde players and just another ally and myself. Just did a moonfire and shadowmeld all 4 fights and got the stupid quest done. -_- Now to farm 5k coins.

I just got a set of mostly 463 dodge/parry/hit/expertise gear. Sure it might not be as good as full haste, but it increases Grand Crusader (free Avenger's Shield) procs and works fine. I did get kicked out of a group once as soon as they inspected me, apparently didn't agree with my gearing xP. Hadn't been kicked from a group like that in years lol

Yeah, some groups even require you to have at least 15 gem slots. I'm planning on going full haste.

Repgnar

Told myself I would only resub for PvP but that's not working out. I had hit 90 then stopped people before really getting into the game so just about all of the content in MoP is new to me. Ran some of the SoO and enjoyed it. How are most people gearing up past timeless isle gear? Not in a guild atm and would like to gear up to a respectable level before looking for one. From what I see I can run SoO to gear up in LFR. Any other ways?

Entropia

No One Remembers

I usually have 20k on me, but for whatever reason my Shaman only has like 3-5k :\

I need to do something about that but I am horrible at making gold.

ampere

Yeah, some groups even require you to have at least 15 gem slots. I'm planning on going full haste.

I had like 7 or 8, so maybe that's why I got kicked. *shrug*

Might try to make some legit 20 gem armor sets for my pure dps classes if I end up doing them. Would be kinda fun to "cheat" and do really high dps that way.

I usually have 20k on me, but for whatever reason my Shaman only has like 3-5k :\

I need to do something about that but I am horrible at making gold.

Woah that's low! I feel like I just naturally make money over time without really going for it. maybe 5k a week gradually, though I did just buy some Haunting Spirits and a Relic of Yu'lon for ~10k total.

Onikaan

Well I enjoy running old content.

I make most of my gold that way. I've been running Grim Batol normal over and over and that brings in 400/500g a run depending on cloth prices.

Any thread secrets on what instances generate the most gold per run?

Ultratech

Well I enjoy running old content.

I make most of my gold that way. I've been running Grim Batol normal over and over and that brings in 400/500g a run depending on cloth prices.

Any thread secrets on what instances generate the most gold per run?

Tough to say.

From what I've read:
-Grim Batol
-Vortex Pinnacle
-Halls of Lightning

There's probably others, but I know those can give you quite a bit gold per run.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
YES! Fucking finally!
wg5ch2w.jpg

StayDead

I gave up trying to get that. v_v

I couldn't be bothered doing LFR on ToT and SoO every week and I don't have enough time at the right times to play in a guild :(

YES! Fucking finally!

Congrats! I just got up to the Titan Runestones phase at the weekend. Logged on today intending to burn through the raids I had left, but now the Gaze of the Black Prince is gone, which has really killed my momentum and desire to do it.

I think I'll wait and hopefully they'll bring it back again at some point.

Magnus

I've been sitting at 20-ish K for awhile. Climbed up to that from always having only around 4 or 5k, when I got two (2!) of the BoE purple epic drops in the 3.3 dungeons in WOTLK, which were going for 6-7k at the time.

I make some moolah with profession CDs and.tend to spend on big things every now and then (power levelling an alt's prof, or buying something like the Warlock Tome for the green fire quest, etc.), effectively keeping me at around 20k.

I should have much more considering I have like....fucking 5 profs capped across characters, including Alch, JC, Enchanting and Tailoring. (although Tailoring is trapped on a character on another server/faction) :(

-

Also, today is the day I get this damned Legendary Cape, I think, assuming at least ONE extra Titan Runestone drops, over and above the guaranteed two. God damn.

Over the course of MoP I made somewhere around 200-250k gold. And that's with only having gathering professions (mining and skinning) and playing a single character. I also only played about half the time since the expansion came out since I commonly come and go for months at a time.

So for those that don't want to farm or go nuts on profession stuff I'd suggest just working on dailies and going through old content. Between Golden Lotus and Argent Dailies I believe that brought me in well over 500g a day and they don't take terribly long. Golden Lotus can also get a chance for Skyshards if you care about that sort of thing. While collecting mounts I ran countless dungeons and raids each week so that also helps a lot.

One quick thing you could farm is getting Frostweave from Naxx. In about 30 minutes you can knock out five resets up through the hall leading to Heigan (sp?) and that nets you something like 20+ stacks and on my server those sold quite decently. So consider that for some quick gold. I did those runs to level my tailoring but I'm sure someone itching for gold could do pretty well running that occasionally.

I've been fairly satisfied with my gold this expansion considering I hate farming for profession related things so most of it was made while pursuing other interests.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The MoP dailies are a joke for a reward though. Like yeah, rolling thunder is an easy daily, but you only make 19 gold off it. I can make 19 gold in about a minute just from potion of luck farming. The new Golden Lotus dailies are shitty for making gold.

Magnus

The MoP dailies are a joke for a reward though. Like yeah, rolling thunder is an easy daily, but you only make 19 gold off it. I can make 19 gold in about a minute just from potion of luck farming. The new Golden Lotus dailies are shitty for making gold.

Is this similar to Potion of Treasure Finding farming in Deepholm for Embersilk?

I think that pretty much owned for a Tailor. I'm so tempted to move my Mage over to my current server, since she has the Tailoring passive that causes more cloth to drop and makes the whole endeavour worth it.

Fjordson

YES! Fucking finally!
Grats man!

I really liked the whole cloak idea this expansion. Some of the steps were a pain in the ass, but I enjoyed striving for a great item like that. And the DPS boost (and I assume the tanking and healing boosts for appropriate classes) for your character once you got it was gratifying.

Rokam

Ehhh, the zone may be in dragonblight but the corrupted stuff was all completely new. It was a HEAVILY modified version of that zone.
Not saying it didn't have a lot of reuse but still.

Even the corrupted stuff was reused though, from the quest out in Twilight Highlands. They just copy pasted!

Is this similar to Potion of Treasure Finding farming in Deepholm for Embersilk?

I think that pretty much owned for a Tailor. I'm so tempted to move my Mage over to my current server, since she has the Tailoring passive that causes more cloth to drop and makes the whole endeavour worth it.

Yes though there's no current spot that's as good as some of the Cata spots were at one point (all the really good ones have been nerfed by now). Though there's one left that's somewhat decent and will generate ~1200 Embersilk cloth/hour which translates to 4-5k gold or so on my server, assuming you can move the bags.

To effectively farm the "good" MoP spot(s), you're ideally ranged and have an item level above 550 or so. Otherwise you'll struggle and won't make nearly as much. Besides that having the correct support professions to process what you're getting will increase your take by a significant amount.

I can write a more detailed guide if anyone is interested, but nothing I do is extra special - there are guides out there if you know where to look.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Grats man!

I really liked the whole cloak idea this expansion. Some of the steps were a pain in the ass, but I enjoyed striving for a great item like that. And the DPS boost (and I assume the tanking and healing boosts for appropriate classes) for your character once you got it was gratifying.

I got all the sigils and runes, but I can't do the scenario when you have to protect those guys. :(

Parabens man! (I hope that means gratz)

Congrats! I just got up to the Titan Runestones phase at the weekend. Logged on today intending to burn through the raids I had left, but now the Gaze of the Black Prince is gone, which has really killed my momentum and desire to do it.

Thanks guys. Now i will focus on getting Loremaster before WoD hits

BearPawB

Banned
So i reactivated my account, because i really wanted to do the green flame quest on my lock.

I had no idea that last boss was this hard. I am going to spend all my last gold on repairs at this rate.

I have looked up strats...and idk, i just cant get it....I am ilvl 505, which seems to be more than enough to do it.
But i think i am far too rusty

What are the chances I will be able to come back and do this as a lvl 100 character? Or because it is a scenario is it possible to outlevel it?

antonz

So i reactivated my account, because i really wanted to do the green flame quest on my lock.

I had no idea that last boss was this hard. I am going to spend all my last gold on repairs at this rate.

I have looked up strats...and idk, i just cant get it....I am ilvl 505, which seems to be more than enough to do it.
But i think i am far too rusty

What are the chances I will be able to come back and do this as a lvl 100 character? Or because it is a scenario is it possible to outlevel it?

As far as I know you will still be able to do it but wont be able to get the achievement for it. It will become a Feat of Strength in WOD and give a title

RPGCrazied

depends, are you a hybrid class or pure dps?

I think pure dps can only do their one relevant challenge

Caster DPS does Temple of the Jade Serpent.
Melee/Hunters do White Tiger.
Healers do Red Crane.
Tanks do Black Ox.

Trying it on a rogue, you have to protect some celestial dudes then a bunch of sha adds come and mess stuff up. Its not that I die, apparently the event is on a timer or the guys die. I can't get argo and I guess my DPS sucks. Also I can't get someone to help? I guess I'm stuck.

Eh? Hunters get stuck doing Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Hmm reading wowhead comments I guess I was wrong. Must force you if you're a pure damage class. But the challenges for ranged and melee are nearly identical anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Trying it on a rogue, you have to protect some celestial dudes then a bunch of sha adds come and mess stuff up. Its not that I die, apparently the event is on a timer or the guys die. I can't get argo and I guess my DPS sucks. Also I can't get someone to help? I guess I'm stuck.

Oh you're on THAT part of the quest - the Thunder Forge scenario. I think we all thought you were further. It should be doable at around 500 iLvl. Certainly by ~ 530. If you're having trouble you might want to gear up some more or reevaluate your DPS rotation. You can always eat and use a flask.

Otherwise I'd check wowhead comments for tips or search for a video specific to rogues if you're still having trouble.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Worgens and especially Goblins look good enough compared to the new models, I don't think they need that much of an upgrade.

They need some sort of animation rigging upgrade IIRC?

Everything is being brought up to MoP standards, so in the case of animations, Golbin and Worgen would be left out of new class animations if they don't get an upgrade.

Whether that means a fidelity upgrade as well remains to be seen, but I would assume it wouldn't be unnoticeable.

I wasn't trying to say it's super efficient but just giving alternative suggestions besides leveling professions and then farming for mats and such.

I did the Golden Lotus dailies for a chance at Skyshards and typically to help me cap Valor since I don't get Valor in other common ways. Argent Dailies were done for the seals to get all the mounts. Same for all the old dungeons and raids I ran.

Some people talk about never having gold or not being able to get much and I'm simply suggesting looking at other side activities that help generate extra pocket change.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
WoD has me pretty hyped. i really like what im hearing so ive resubbed to fool around until release.

Anyway.. im leveling my warlock for the fel flame title. im curious how high a level i can get from staying in Northrend. i went to Borean Tundra at 68 and am currently 82 and just finished up with Grizzly Hills. This is starting off of about 6 bars of Rested XP and with 4 or 5 pieces of XP Heirloom gear and doing no Dungeons/BGs/daily quests.. Also minus about 200k experience from getting some quick Cata gear in Mount Hyjal. Right now im estimating i can pretty easily make it to 85 (maybe 86) before leaving Northrend. i wonder if i can hit 90 via questing alone before i reach MoP.

edit:

So im on my way to Zul Drak and since i am just savoring the leveling experience im moving around via ground a lot when i first get to a zone i am running up the tunnel near DrakTharon Keep. That one quest with the troll in DrakTharon was in my log and it was bugging me so i went in seeing if i can solo it. At 82 with an ilevel of 215 im completely wrecking the place on Normal. Its only like 4 pieces of Cata gear but i was really caught off guard with not only how easy it was but the sheer amount of XP im getting from the mobs (about 3500 unrested xp). 2.6m from 82 to 83.. thats 750 mobs? That seems really fast.

I'm kind of at that point. Did all my LFRs and basically only got the ones on Sha and Thunder King. They really should make it permanent. It would make me get it on my alts as well.

Aight help me out here.

I'm trying to stack some cash but needing spirits of harmony for crafting is really fucking me. Here's what I can do:

JC/Miner
Skinner/leather worker
Miner/blacksmith
Miner/engineer
Half asses enchanter/tailor.

Any suggestions on making those combos work to make late end game cash?

Some of you suggested selling cool downs. Do you just spam chat?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll never understand them saying Worgen and Goblin are similar enough to Pandaren not to get an upgrade.

Like from a distance they look better, but the Pandaren animations and facial expressions kick the crap out of the Goblin and Worgen ones. Watch a Goblin idle then watch a Pandaren idle, and you'll see the difference. They need to update them as well.

Edit: the worst part about having beta is logging back into my old model in live.

Touchdown

Banned
I'll never understand them saying Worgen and Goblin are similar enough to Pandaren not to get an upgrade.

Like from a distance they look better, but the Pandaren animations and facial expressions kick the crap out of the Goblin and Worgen ones. Watch a Goblin idle then watch a Pandaren idle, and you'll see the difference. They need to update them as well.

Edit: the worst part about having beta is logging back into my old model in live.

I just wanna see the night elf model updates in action. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every 'upstart traitor' for the Forsaken is cooler than Sylvanas.
pistol_barrage.jpg

tumblr_m6gkjsIBEw1r8hni5o1_500.jpg

200px-Putress_Cropped.jpg

tumblr_lwk5j9J8vu1qcg9k0o1_500.jpg

Maybe if they wore a bikini we could finally get her replaced.

antonz

Managed to get my Legendary cloak tonight. Was getting worrisome. Needed 2 stones with only 3 bosses left with 1 being a guarantee. Thankfully the 2 before lei shen dropped them so I ported out real fast and back in and got my heart and the rest is history.

Probably just cruise control rest of pandaria working on old reps etc because No reason to stress myself on ilvl since Im already high enough I wont really see any rewards until like Arak and Nagrand unless some really lucky epic rolls in like Talador.

Slayerx

The last 4 minutes of Warlords login music get me so hyped. I think I entered every single contest for beta keys at this point lol.

Resubbed to mess around in my off time. MoP didn't interest me so I just got my main Enh Shaman up to 90, my Priest to 90, hit Timeless and Epic'd up to make the first level or two easier leveling at 90 and started a Warlock. Haven't played a Lock since Vanilla.

Even with all "the sky is falling" ranged WoD concerns I might wind up maining him or my Priest. I enjoy healing and Shadow was always fun but I am getting that Warlock itch. Right now I'm struggling with leveling due to time constraints. I'll get him to 90 soon enough but I definitely don't miss the grind. Should have insta-90'd him with a WoD preorder :( The upside is at least I'm learning his mechanics. A fun class to pew pew with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom