• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just need H Omno and H Nef

Heroic Omnotron killed my guild back in early Cata, we were so ahead of progression and then we brickwalled at H Omnotron and people got mad at other people and everything went to poo.

Boss gives me really bad vibes.

Whoa I just found a recipe book for Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops on one of my older characters. Is this thing worth anything anyways?

Whoa I just found a recipe book for Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops on one of my older characters. Is this thing worth anything anyways?

For the cooking recipe completionist... yeah. I never got a chance to get it. Would love to have it just to have it though not sure how much I would pay and I'm sure I'd get outbid. :/

Fjordson

Yeah, I just got all geaered up on my Draenei shaman. Level 3 with full bags, heirlooms, and 500 gold :lol

So much nicer than Pandaren where you have to go through the entire introductory questline before you can access mail or anything like that. I mean it was fun to play through the first time, but now it feels like a bit of a slog.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A Windwalker monk could probably roll through BT easily, right? I can't recall if there's any MC gimmicks or anything like that.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
For the cooking recipe completionist... yeah. I never got a chance to get it. Would love to have it just to have it though not sure how much I would pay and I'm sure I'd get outbid. :/

I've heard it's worth a lot but I don't know if there is even any real demand for it. Lol the funny thing is the only reason I have the recipe is because my characters cooking level is 183, I'm sure I would have trained it otherwise.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And Goblin Hunters need more goblin-y hunter pets available. Like that mechanical chicken from the starting zone, or the raptor with the brain device on, so it looks like the goblin's forcing it as a hunter pet rather than 'taming' it.

I'd say make that an engineering thing, but engineers already have too much cool stuff compared to everyone else.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, I just got all geaered up on my Draenei shaman. Level 3 with full bags, heirlooms, and 500 gold :lol

So much nicer than Pandaren where you have to go through the entire introductory questline before you can access mail or anything like that. I mean it was fun to play through the first time, but now it feels like a bit of a slog.

Yeah, i played through the panda starting zone once and don't even wanna go back since there is no mailbox for heirlooms. Not like I'll ever want to lvl a panda once all the other races will get the same treatment as them when it comes to animation and model quality with WoD.

TheYanger

Did anyone have the heirloom ring? I am interested to get one but earning rep with the walrus people gets me out.

I've had the ring since Wrath, but not sure what it has to do with the kaluak? It's from the fishing tourney. Used to be the Wrath one, now it's like a 1st 2nd or 3rd prize (your choice) in stranglethorn.

Yeah, i played through the panda starting zone once and don't even wanna go back since there is no mailbox for heirlooms. Not like I'll ever want to lvl a panda once all the other races will get the same treatment as them when it comes to animation and model quality with WoD.

I find that to be an issue with goblins and worgen too. Yeah, you can get the heirlooms there, but it doesn't even matter since you still have to do all of the quests. At least the panda zone only takes about 1.5-2 hours, I feel like the other two take way longer. Still all suck though. DK starter zone 30 minute romp is more my speed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't like your anti-panda tone, sir.

Bisnic

I don't like your anti-panda tone, sir.

They animate well(i like changing my female draenei paladin to a panda for some sweet melee animations with this item i bought after i hit revered with Emperor), but they're fat. And pandas. Pandas aren't cool and badass like dwarves or taurens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Taran Zhu got hit by Gorehowl and lived
Where's Cairne again? :eek:

I think my race preference is something like
Orcs&Humans(despite terrible models)>Dwarves&Pandaren>Trolls&Goblins>Blood Elf&Night Elf&Worgen>Undead&Tauren&Gnome&Draenei

Night Elves could be better if their models weren't the ugliest things on the planet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what they should do for heirlooms.

Turn them into high-res versions of the old models from WoW. Imagine a Judgment set in higher quality or the Field Marshall's mail set in higher quality

Bisnic

You know what they should do for heirlooms.

Turn them into high-res versions of the old models from WoW. Imagine a Judgment set in higher quality or the Field Marshall's mail set in higher quality

Or something even better: If you find a raid item with your main (Say... some 2h sword from ICC), you unlock the ability to transmog every 2h melee weapons on your account with that look. So your lvl 1 warrior can go to SW/Org and change his 2h heirloom axe into an ICC 2h sword.

I guess the problem with that is that its going to make your list of transmog weapons/armor ridiculously huge to browse to find the model you want, unless they separate it into different sections (WOTLK raids, WOTLK dungeons/quests, Cataclysm raids, Cataclysm dungeons/quests, etc.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Reaper of Souls has a similar idea.

Like it sucks when I get Legionkiller to drop in BT on my DK because my Hunter needs it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Last night I noticed the exodar only has one regular looking bed, right next to the fishing trainer. It does have 6 recliner chairs and ~10 hibernation pods in the inn though.

I also noticed that the back of the Velen model's head isn't properly textured. You can see right through it.

strafer

Or something even better: If you find a raid item with your main (Say... some 2h sword from ICC), you unlock the ability to transmog every 2h melee weapons on your account with that look. So your lvl 1 warrior can go to SW/Org and change his 2h heirloom axe into an ICC 2h sword.

I guess the problem with that is that its going to make your list of transmog weapons/armor ridiculously huge to browse to find the model you want, unless they separate it into different sections (WOTLK raids, WOTLK dungeons/quests, Cataclysm raids, Cataclysm dungeons/quests, etc.)

This is a great idea. I wanna run around with my Lvl. 10 Orc Warrior using this axe.

31858-l.jpg

I've had the ring since Wrath, but not sure what it has to do with the kaluak? It's from the fishing tourney. Used to be the Wrath one, now it's like a 1st 2nd or 3rd prize (your choice) in stranglethorn.

I find that to be an issue with goblins and worgen too. Yeah, you can get the heirlooms there, but it doesn't even matter since you still have to do all of the quests. At least the panda zone only takes about 1.5-2 hours, I feel like the other two take way longer. Still all suck though. DK starter zone 30 minute romp is more my speed.

Huh, didn't know they changed how the fishing tournament works. Shame that the Kalu'ak one was broken and is currently removed from the game. But I might go for it again now to get the ring and other rewards. Have the Hook of the Master Angler, but I've wanted the rod since they changed the model to match it. The ring is incredibly useful of course, and the boots are a nice port to an otherwise fairly remote location (at least for Horde). 1st or 2nd isn't that bad, though on a high-pop server like Mal'Ganis it might be more so than the server I originally won on.

Fjordson

That would be fucking awesome. My shaman would have access to some really sweet one-handers courtesy of all the mount runs I've done on my hunter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's really weird how random dungeon players think the progression goes

Timeless>Raid>Heroics.
Like that they're so far gone that they don't realize some people in those groups are also looking for gear, and it's not a quest to kill things in 10 seconds.

Khezu

Played my mage for the first time in MoP. Got to 87, some random thoughts.

Frost orb is amazing, way better then flame orb. Though I don't think they had to remove flame orb, just could have kept it exclusive to fire. It was a neat looking spell, and I will miss it.

Mage talent tree is the worst in the game, very boring and bleh choices. The 90 talents seem more frustrating then fun to use.

Alter time is underwhelming, I would imagine it's actually a pretty good CD, but it's just very flat.

Icicle mastery seems a lot worse then the old frost mastery, but I think it looks awesome, it reminds me of that one cutscene from FF8, which is why I have always liked ice magic so much.

I will miss blastwave.

The new glyphs to change the appearance and size of the water elemental are very welcome, that thing has not aged well.

Also, can a 90 mage solo heroic End Time? I don't really have a concept of how powerful 90's are yet.

Timeless>Raid>Heroics.
Like that they're so far gone that they don't realize some people in those groups are also looking for gear, and it's not a quest to kill things in 10 seconds.

That's how it always gets later in an expansion though, at least since Wrath. People running essentially entry-level content for badges/points in raid gear.

Ultratech

Played my mage for the first time in MoP. Got to 87, some random thoughts.

Frost orb is amazing, way better then flame orb. Though I don't think they had to remove flame orb, just could have kept it exclusive to fire. It was a neat looking spell, and I will miss it.

Mage talent tree is the worst in the game, very boring and bleh choices. The 90 talents seem more frustrating then fun to use.

Alter time is underwhelming, I would imagine it's actually a pretty good CD, but it's just very flat.

Icicle mastery seems a lot worse then the old frost mastery, but I think it looks awesome, it reminds me of that one cutscene from FF8, which is why I have always liked ice magic so much.

I will miss blastwave.

The new glyphs to change the appearance and size of the water elemental are very welcome, that thing has not aged well.

Also, can a 90 mage solo heroic End Time? I don't really have a concept of how powerful 90's are yet.

The whole thing with my Frost Mage was weird. I didn't mind leveling it, then I hit max level and I was just like, "Hmm...this is just boring." Then I just kinda lost interest.
Whatever the case, he's my Enchanting/Tailoring slave now.

The Water Elemental glyphs are pretty cool though.

As far soloing End Time...I know Tanking classes can do it, but I wouldn't know about Mages.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, I finally got it working in the laziest way possible.

One monitor has my Monk on it. The other has my hunter. Made a macro for following, assistant, and using arcane shot every time my monk jabs. I imagine I could do crazier stuff with two casters, but this is working surprisingly well.

I was thinking about doing a priest with my macro and doing a macro for charge + pw:S, but I bet charge frequently breaks follows.

Tacitus_

Timeless>Raid>Heroics.

I ran into a tank some time ago that kept whining about DPS sucking since we didn't kill the Herod clone in SM quick enough.

.... because he kept dying to the BLADES OF LIGHT skill that you just step out of

I cussed him out so hard that I got kicked out of the group >_>

iirate

I miss specs actually adding to the identity of the player. I know there was a lot of cookie cutter stuff in the old days, but many specs(especially for healers) had room for the player to put their own stamp on their spec. Now, everyone's specs are even more predetermined, just in flux from situation to situation.

The old ways weren't perfect, but the new system sucks.

Tacitus_

I miss specs actually adding to the identity of the player. I know there was a lot of cookie cutter stuff in the old days, but many specs(especially for healers) had room for the player to put their own stamp on their spec. Now, everyone's specs are even more predetermined, just in flux from situation to situation.

The old ways weren't perfect, but the new system sucks.

Uh, no. The old specs were you speccing to one thing and that's it. At least this system allows you to switch situational talents around.

Khezu

I like the new system more, but I wish each class had more talents and glyphs, about one talent every 10 levels, and 3 times as many glyphs, both major and minor.

Uh, no. The old specs were you speccing to one thing and that's it. At least this system allows you to switch situational talents around.

But bro you could put your own stamp on it by making your instant cast spells cost 2% more mana in exchange for 5% more wand damage! Now that's the kind of deep customization current WoW is missing!

Edit: I mean hell, look at this, when I was leveling good ol Asph in 2004 and blindly putting points into whatever sounded good I sure felt unique XD http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=1124125_9

I wouldn't mind more frequent talents, but 9 glyph slots? That's a bit much o_O. They're still supposed to be a choice.

ZenaxPure

I changed my rogue's talents more this morning than I did in the entirety of vanilla through cata combined. For soloing the new talent system is miles ahead at giving you different choices for different situations, raids too, but that is entirely a fight to fight basis kind of thing.

Fjordson

I changed my rogue's talents more this morning than I did in the entirety of vanilla through cata combined. For soloing the new talent system is miles ahead at giving you different choices for different situations, raids too, but that is entirely a fight to fight basis kind of thing.
Same here. I switch when I'm just out farming, switch for raids, switch for certain fights within a raid. I like it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a question. I was on Timeless earlier, and there was a Monk killing the yaungol guys. Whenever he'd kill them though they'd gray out like they were turned into a statue.

Is this a glyph or a spell or some kind of bug? It looked awesome.

iirate

But bro you could put your own stamp on it by making your instant cast spells cost 2% more mana in exchange for 5% more wand damage! Now that's the kind of deep customization current WoW is missing!

Edit: I mean hell, look at this, when I was leveling good ol Asph in 2004 and blindly putting points into whatever sounded good I sure felt unique XD http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=1124125_9

I wouldn't mind more frequent talents, but 9 glyph slots? That's a bit much o_O. They're still supposed to be a choice.

Resto shaman from TBC until the revamp had several utility choices to look at when filling in their tree, not to mention the crazy niche specs. Is there no one else that *hates* the fact that respecing is just something that happens every five minutes now?

I don't consider changing my spec multiple times a day to exactly be great design or fun, unless I'm specifically trying new things out. I had a spec back then, something that had choices which reflected my own personal preferences and style, and couldn't be math'd out for each scenario. Glyphs do this to an extent now, and that's great.

I'm not someone that complains a great deal about the game, but the new talent system is one of the most disappointing things I've seen them do, especially considering that there were older trees that proved the old system could work.

When it came out, I was optimistic, but eventually I wondered if it was just a interim system before they went to something more meaningful. Then, Blizzcon hit, and I realized that we're stuck with it.

Take the old talent trees. Delete the 50 extraneous points you always had to put in for token single digit % gains in everything. You're left with a bunch of utility choices that can reflect personal style and can't be mathed out, aka the current system.

???

Rokam

So how convoluted is the Enhancement Shaman rotation/priority system these days? I really enjoyed Enhance in BC/Wrath but kinda scared to jump back in and find out that it's not fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom