• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Now that they've pushed 6.0.1 beta patch out the gate, I'd really love to get a beta invite.

Apparently I am not veteran enough for Blizzard. ):

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I did a bunch of Talador in the beta last night and I really dig it, probably my favorite zone so far. I didn't really enjoy the actual questing in Gorgrond, but I did like the whole Laughing Skull dynamic lore/plotwise. They are my bros.

Tacitus_

I did a bunch of Talador in the beta last night and I really dig it, probably my favorite zone so far. I didn't really enjoy the actual questing in Gorgrond, but I did like the whole Laughing Skull dynamic lore/plotwise. They are my bros.

Yeah, the Laughing Skull clan is awesome.

Though I am a bit worried about the "Primals". If someone starts to yabber about essence I'm going to be very disappointed.

Hixx

So Blizzard have revealed a Warlords of Draenor "special event" for Gamescom. Cinematic and/or release date?

Oh and another 100% bonus Valour weekend.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
In Ashran and I come across this amazing buff "Leaping Gorger Residue". I must have gotten from a rare mob as I clicked the corpse thinking I might get loot and later noticed the buff alert.
Man, it is the most fun thing I've ever seen. Whenever you jump you have a chance of procing "Leaping Legs" which lets you spam the hell out of jump and practically fly around the map for a couple of seconds but it procs so often, like once every 7-10 seconds. It's amazing fun. I was seriously laughing the whole 30 min duration just amazed at how stupid it was.
The best moment I had was somehow a Priest flew up into the air onto these huge pillars so I spammed my jump to proc Leaping Legs and jumped all the way up after her having a battle in the sky. Had me cracking up the whole time.

I'm probably late to the party but here is a short video from someone of it in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAnaVFVwDh8

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So Blizzard have revealed a Warlords of Draenor "special event" for Gamescom. Cinematic and/or release date?

Yeah one of the two is definitely likely. The sooner we get a release date, the sooner the game comes out so both would be great. The beta certainly has it's share of issues at the moment, but content-wise things have been ramping up quite a bit lately so they should be able to comfortably set a date. All planned launch zones are complete and leveling to 100 is a relatively smooth experience, as well as dungeons and raids having been open for testing for a few weeks now. Raids tend to be the last thing that gets tests, AFAIK.

They just gotta iron out Garrison and other specific quest bugs and finalize the currently missing NPC models and cutscenes and we should be good to go.

EekTheKat

Logged in briefly on the Beta, and the Valorous Sanctified Cowl still clips through the female Draenei's chest. Very disappointed in how that turned out.

Not sure if this was discussed or mentioned elsewhere, but female draenei desperately needs a better idle animation especially with the new models.

My priest is walking around on beta with a strange blank expression with a near constant deer in headlights look, and would only blink once every 30 seconds or so.

Even something simple like moving her head to look around the environment after standing still for x amount of seconds would breathe so much more life into these character models. If memory serves I think there is an actual idle animation already present in the game that does exactly this.

I'm hoping it's just a case of the beta models not being done yet, it could be that the animations are still not properly linked to playback on certain models.

lazygecko

I hope they fix some of the more blatant issues like floating shoulderpads on night elves. I also always hated how far out the shoulderpads are placed on male blood elves.

And I refused to play male dwarf with cloaks shown since they would always blatantly clip into the model during attack animations. Like a fourth of the whole cape just disappears.

Every 'upstart traitor' for the Forsaken is cooler than Sylvanas.
pistol_barrage.jpg
He minds me of Jericho Cross from Darkwatch but with a pointy hat.

Howdy Gaffers!
I just re-subbed - for at least a month.
Just looking to level up - maybe chain run some dungeons while leveling, or trying to get achievements for old raids (2 away from glory to ulduar!).

Anywho, my battletag is bemusedchunk#1555 - hope some of you add me and we can be internet friends on the internet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No chance does WoD not release before Blizzcon.

Does the beta even give the impression that it will be ready in the next 2-3 months? It seems there is still quite a lot of stuff to do with the updated models at least.

Tacitus_

Does the beta even give the impression that it will be ready in the next 2-3 months? It seems there is still quite a lot of stuff to do with the updated models at least.

Well content wise most of it seems to be there. So I guess... maybe? Depends on how quick they work on the models, fixing the remaining big bugs and itemizing stuff. I'd say it's doable, but.. well, Blizz.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
last time I played (back in december) I tried to spec my 83 pali holy but as usual, I hate trying specs I never played at high levels since they just throw all the spells at you and go "now figure it out", I always liked the leveling process to get familiar with specs. Anyone else feel that way?

Been jonesing for a resub lately, might just make a fresh pali and lvl it holy via dungeons instead of picking my 83 one up again (it doesnt even have professions anyway)

Anoregon

As I mentioned, most of the content is there. All of the 6 launch zones are pretty much complete (I say 6 since Tanaan isn't going to be a launch zone), and the 5-man and raid encounters are all either complete or in testing, as far as I'm aware.

As for model updates, they have said they will release WoD without them all being finished if it comes to that. Troll and Belf are the only races left that have no revealed update for either gender, and a good chunk of the races have both either in-game or at least revealed via artcraft posts (human, dwarf, draenei, gnome, orc, tauren, undead). I am not counting cata races since they aren't even confirmed as getting updates, and don't really need them.

So yeah, as far as necessary launch-ready content goes, they seem to be closing in.

iirate

Logged in briefly on the Beta, and the Valorous Sanctified Cowl still clips through the female Draenei's chest. Very disappointed in how that turned out.

Not sure if this was discussed or mentioned elsewhere, but female draenei desperately needs a better idle animation especially with the new models.

My priest is walking around on beta with a strange blank expression with a near constant deer in headlights look, and would only blink once every 30 seconds or so.

Even something simple like moving her head to look around the environment after standing still for x amount of seconds would breathe so much more life into these character models. If memory serves I think there is an actual idle animation already present in the game that does exactly this.

I'm hoping it's just a case of the beta models not being done yet, it could be that the animations are still not properly linked to playback on certain models.

Female Tauren do this - I'm not sure if anyone else does.

Gamescon thing is the cinematic.

Screwed up on the Spanish site or something and tagged that post as such.

And TBH I don't think it will release before Blizzcon. Would be really awkward in terms of scheduling if it did, though I would be pleasantly surprised I guess.

I figure December release, with Blizzcon detailing the first major content patch.

Anoregon

That's good to see, and a definite improvement, but still a little worrisome in that it seems like they are all essentially still the same face, just in different default expressions. It may very well be work in progress though, and it does look like there is at least a bit of difference in some of the nose shapes/sizes.

Magnus

And TBH I don't think it will release before Blizzcon. Would be really awkward in terms of scheduling if it did, though I would be pleasantly surprised I guess.

I figure December release, with Blizzcon detailing the first major content patch.

Yeah, same here. Why are some people so certain it'll launch before then? With Blizzard, the safer bet is always later.

Got mah sword on the first try this week after finishing Shadowmourne last week! Only blue version of that model which matches my CM transmog.

Don't have to go back on 10 man iCC now besides for a couple achieves.

Still need "Been Waiting a Long Time for This" on 25 for my drake though...

ampere

There's no way they'd cut all idle animations from characters. I'd chock it up to unfinished beta business.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We got up to Thok on our first day of 25 man raiding. Some people are undergeared but whatever. I thought it went better than I would have expected. Honestly, I'm curious how this is gonna work out. Our GM always seems so frustrated when we one shot things, but now we're doing 25 and regearing people and learning the fights all over again? I get that we need it for Mythic, but it's just strange. I worry that people are gonna be put off by some of the anger in vent.

25 man lets me play ENhance and sit on more fights though. Which I'm cool with.

Hixx

"‏@artofcgrobinson 9s
As we near the end of development, it's become apparent that the new Blood Elf models won't be finished to meet our standards before launch."

Disappointing but I think we're getting more than they initially said we would get with 6.0, so it's not too upsetting.

Anoregon

"‏@artofcgrobinson 9s
As we near the end of development, it's become apparent that the new Blood Elf models won't be finished to meet our standards before launch."

Disappointing but I think we're getting more than they initially said we would get with 6.0, so it's not too upsetting.

WHERE ARE MY TROLLS

RPGCrazied

"‏@artofcgrobinson 9s

Figures, I knew they would end up being last on the new models list. Hopefully they get in at the first content patch.

EDIT:

Just saw this, maybe they are trying to get it at launch.

WKjgvZb.jpg

I can't move a single Sprite Darter Hatchling to save my life.

I made some decent gold running through the old raids for the pets that they added. Those were all fairly easy to go through overall and typically didn't take much time. I honestly can't remember specifics but I'd sell them on the AH and I recall making something like 200-2,000 gold each depending on the market and the pet.

Grrrr WoW keeps crashing my laptop. Whenever I alt tab and come back, WoW freezes and I can't do anything else on my laptop but restart it. Think a Nvidia update I installed today is causing it.

antonz

Legendary cloak is a dps boost beast. Did the last 3 bosses of SOO and noticed it gives a significant damage boost. Essence of Yulon dealt out 78 million damage just as a proc ability over the course of it all

Red Comet

Figures, I knew they would end up being last on the new models list. Hopefully they get in at the first content patch.

EDIT:

Just saw this, maybe they are trying to get it at launch.

WKjgvZb.jpg

He tweeted again and said that they won't be ready for launch. Mixed signals here. Disappointing, but I've only got one Belf character so guess I'll just wait until the new models are released to level him to 100.

Magnus

Legendary cloak is a dps boost beast. Did the last 3 bosses of SOO and noticed it gives a significant damage boost. Essence of Yulon dealt out 78 million damage just as a proc ability over the course of it all

What. 78 million from just you in the final LFR wing? Nice!

Rokam

There is a possibility it launches before Blizzcon and they only open the first raid up and save the 2nd for after Blizzcon.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Gamescom in 2 weeks will be the cinematic, and then I'm betting a month or so after that will be 6.0

WoD will most likely be Sept/Oct.

Consider: MoP Cinematic: Aug 16, 5.0 was Aug 28, MoP was Sept 25th.

Level 63 on my DK now. Only get about an hour a night outside of weekends unfortunately. Forgot how much longer levelling takes after 60. Ended up transferring the BoA over from my Hunter though so at least I get +25%xp now.

Going to attempt to tank for the first time ever tonight. I feel sorry for those who end up in my queue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ugly heroic garrosh mount and heirlooms that I'm not that concerned about are proving to be a weak reason for me to keep raiding in this patch. At this point, I'd rather just spend time making gold, doing arena, and getting CM sets done.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PTR was also up for 5.0 by mid July though.

I'd judge this one more along the beta progress, and not so much the PTR. They're really rushing the beta here, and it's probably going to be the shortest one yet.

They're 'testing' everything all at once, so they may wrap the 6.0 up in the beta instead of ptr this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom