• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally finished a transmog set for my Warlock!

QYCLRpT.jpg

Other angle:

Warlock Tier 8.5 (Ulduar) + Distant Land (Heroic) from ICC.

I have all the heroic red tier from ICC now too except for a belt. And boots I guess if those mattered.

Was sick of looking like a dumb fuck with the SoO tier.

Got my Flamebreaker title finally!

Luckily someone had Thassarian today and I was able to get ahold of them and they had an alt on the same server cluster to be able to transfer servers easily.

One less thing on my mind.

antonz

Well the last patch sorta worked out the garrison upgrade. Now you can upgrade to lvl 3 but it doesn't take any resources.

I suspect that was a temporary thing since so many people are at 100 and its not as quick now to get those resources as it was leveling.

I did notice it still thinks there is a tier 4 Garrison. Town Hall says to upgrade it but no upgrade button.

Tacitus_

I suspect that was a temporary thing since so many people are at 100 and its not as quick now to get those resources as it was leveling.

I did notice it still thinks there is a tier 4 Garrison. Town Hall says to upgrade it but no upgrade button.

Yeah, had it flashing for me too.

antonz

I am really not liking the changes to Mage so far in WOD. Frost mages went from fast casting with occasional procs to almost an entire proc based slow cast skillset.

On top of that we are squishier than ever. At 100 my ice shield only blocks 14k damage roughly. Which most mobs can basically break in 1 hit. Really useless when I am facing lvl 100 Mobs with 300k+ health and I have 147k.

Seems like way too much reliance placed on the garrison abilities in Zones. I have a quest that says it is Solo. Mob has 600k+ health versus my 147K and hits like a truck. Mage has no way to stand upto that at all.

Meanwhile Mr Hunter and his Pet go and kill the mob easily.

Tacitus_

I don't think that they've done any tuning passes yet. I just tried the level 100 talent for warlocks that makes the 10m CDs permanent and the tanking pet is useless. Can't hold aggro and dies to a lone quest mob.

BearPawB

Banned
What are some things i should try to do before the next expansion?
I have done all the LFR raids, and thats all I really need as far as that.

Is cloud serpent riding hard to get at this point?

Tacitus_

Was it hard at some point? Took me a ~week of dailies when I did it.

Shahadan

When was it hard? Also I assume (since no one is doing it at the moment) there are reputation eggs everywhere.

rallaren

What was/is the highlight/s in solo experiences in MoP? Timeless Isle is a pretty good one at 90 from what I have gathered, some nice gear there. Is there more outside of dungeons?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm really tempted to resub soon... i'm getting tired of Guild Wars 2 after barely a month of playing it and I have no games i want to play except Mario Kart 8.

Shahadan

What was/is the highlight/s in solo experiences in MoP? Timeless Isle is a pretty good one at 90 from what I have gathered, some nice gear there. Is there more outside of dungeons?

Quests and storylines were a high point for me, even if there was potential for way more.

Otherwise, Proving Grounds if you like a good challenge.
Pet Battles and tournament, and all that is involved with that can be very long and fun. Or boring, depending of your experience :p
The Tillers rep was interesting too. Lots of stuff to do and ways to do it.

Honestly, can't remember a better expansion for solo content. Dailies were a hassle at first though.

rallaren

Quests and storylines were a high point for me, even if there was potential for way more.

Otherwise, Proving Grounds if you like a good challenge.
Pet Battles and tournament, and all that is involved with that can be very long and fun. Or boring, depending of your experience :p
The Tillers rep was interesting too. Lots of stuff to do and ways to do it.

Honestly, can't remember a better expansion for solo content. Dailies were a hassle at first though.
Ah forgot about this. Did not sound very motivating back then.

What about Timeless Isle and "end game solo content"?

Thanks for your response.

lazygecko

I hated the solo instance stuff. Especially when they force you to do it in order to unlock the Isle of Thunder. It's just so counter-intuitive to what the game is about. Overall, I didn't care much at all for the expansion, even though I agree with the principle of providing more stuff to do in the game apart from raiding. I just think it should be stuff that enables social play.

The Timeless Isle was a good experiment though, and I hope to see the WoD zones being based more around that type of design.

CassSept

I hated the solo instance stuff. Especially when they force you to do it in order to unlock the Isle of Thunder. It's just so counter-intuitive to what the game is about.

It was so jarring too, you're in a bustling zone going through the crowds of people (at least on populated server) and then you're transformed to the instance and it's just so... empty.

Ah forgot about this. Did not sound very motivating back then.

What about Timeless Isle and "end game solo content"?

Thanks for your response.

The Brawler's Guild can be some decent fun. And now it's not so bad for most folks since you can get gear that's much better than what they designed the fights around.

glaurung

WoD Cinematic today? HYPE
Huh? Today? That sounds incredibly unlikely. I am pretty confident we will get it at GamesCom. Maybe even a release date.

And regarding the release date. Now that they have said that the blood elf model update will not me making it into 6.0 release proper, what exactly does it mean for the release? Late September? Early October? Or still late November?

Magnus

WoD Cinematic today? Where did that come from?

Also, not afraid to admit that the Legendary Cloak DPS challenge near the end of the chain wrecked me on the first go. Totally underestimated it, haha.

I wrecked it back afterward, though. :)

ALMOST THERE

Entropia

No One Remembers
WoD Cinematic today? HYPE

Huh? Today? That sounds incredibly unlikely. I am pretty confident we will get it at GamesCom. Maybe even a release date.

And regarding the release date. Now that they have said that the blood elf model update will not me making it into 6.0 release proper, what exactly does it mean for the release? Late September? Early October? Or still late November?

WoD Cinematic today? Where did that come from?

Also, not afraid to admit that the Legendary Cloak DPS challenge near the end of the chain wrecked me on the first go. Totally underestimated it, haha.

I wrecked it back afterward, though. :)

ALMOST THERE

gamescomSch.jpg

Vasek45

Neo Member
Playing beta here. A lot of things to fix and report, would be very-very suprised to see expansion released before somewhere around 2nd part of november

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played since 2012, how are warriors now in pvp and pve?
PvP I cannot tell as I haven't really done much PvP since The Burning Crusade/Wrath of the Lich King. In PvE they're quite decent, with Fury being on top DPS wise. Arms is alright. Protection I don't know much about since I don't tank, but they are not uncommon in raids.

In the beta, warriors are currently broken and very slow, I hope they fix this before release.

Tacitus_

Isle of Thunder was pretty cool. Solo scenarios for story every now and then and mostly fun dailies. Oh and the Divine Bell storyline was pretty cool and the dailies there were all right, though maybe padded the story bits a bit too much if you're doing it without a rep boost.

So trolling through some of my old character's inventories on other servers - I have two Deviate Scale Belt recipes (valued at ~15k each) and no less than 2 other patterns/recipes that have been removed from the game. Oh and the one character knows the Rich Purple Silk Shirt recipe (unfortunately a priest so no salvaging that - not gonna level/transfer one of those given that I have one at 90 already and dislike the class).

Might be worth transferring/race changing (he's a Blood Elf eugh) my 80 hunter I abandoned at some point though to move all those things to my main server. Hunter is still one of the classes I never releveled, so that'd be fine I guess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blood elf is gonna be one UGLY race in early WoD :(

Tacitus_

Garrosh is such a nice lad, I wonder why everyone hates him

“You listen to me, boy. I hope you live to be king. Because whether or not I am here to see it, the day you take the throne, the orcs will celebrate. And we will come for Stormwind. Do you hear me? We will race through your streets, and kill your people. We will place your soft little peace-craving body on a pike, and burn your city down around your still-wet ears. And in whatever afterlife your precious Light grants you, your parents will wish Queen Tiffin had miscarried.”

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
aww, he's just a scared puppy that never learned not to bite the hand that feeds.

Magnus

Cloak acquired! What a quest chain. Definitely had its downsides (RNG + Grinding), but it really ended up being memorable. A great way to unify the entire expansion, and bring storytelling into an MMO space in a much more engaging way. Really dug it. Looking forward to the inevitable similar chain in WoD.

Also, cloak effect on your character, plus the actual spell effect (Xing-Ho) are super cool. Really dig the DPS boost that this, + some SoO LFR gear, + me finally buckling down and getting a Jade Spirit enchant on a weapon have done for my damage. Feel strong! (cuz the fuck if I was busting 1.5k+ gold on a weapon before this one. Figured it was finally time to once I got an LFR SoO weapon, and one that I'll likely be using in all my remaining endeavours in MoP, including CMs, etc.)

:(

Shahadan

I would have loved the questchain way more if it didn't want me to do pvp to get a pve item.
I also probably have the cloak on more than one character by now.

ampere

I thought it was Decebuary 8th!

lol

By comparison, a bit yea. I'm actually considering race changing to Blood Elf, but I kinda want to see how the new models on em look first. That 1% crit racial and AoE silence... nice for Challenge Modes.

Cloak acquired! What a quest chain. Definitely had its downsides (RNG + Grinding), but it really ended up being memorable. A great way to unify the entire expansion, and bring storytelling into an MMO space in a much more engaging way. Really dug it. Looking forward to the inevitable similar chain in WoD

I did enjoy the legendary chain and Wrathion RP, but I'm not sure I overall like the overall implications. It makes switching toons a lot harder mid-expac, and it feels super grindy to do on multiple characters.

Tacitus_

Cloak acquired! What a quest chain. Definitely had its downsides (RNG + Grinding), but it really ended up being memorable. A great way to unify the entire expansion, and bring storytelling into an MMO space in a much more engaging way. Really dug it. Looking forward to the inevitable similar chain in WoD.

Also, cloak effect on your character, plus the actual spell effect (Xing-Ho) are super cool. Really dig the DPS boost that this, + some SoO LFR gear, + me finally buckling down and getting a Jade Spirit enchant on a weapon have done for my damage. Feel strong! (cuz the fuck if I was busting 1.5k+ gold on a weapon before this one. Figured it was finally time to once I got an LFR SoO weapon, and one that I'll likely be using in all my remaining endeavours in MoP, including CMs, etc.)

:(

I got rather annoyed at the cloak effect when we started doing heroic Malkorok. You need to see small puddles forming under you and move out of them before form into bubbles and if you touch a bubble, the encounter shield will burst.
Sprouting giant neon wings out of my back does not help with that task. At all.

E: Haha, even Varian knows what's best for him

“Even? They have dragons!” protested the pandaren.
“And we have warlocks!” A cheer went up as several people from all different races began casting summoning spells. Felhounds—ugly, red, spined creatures from the depths of the Twisting Nether—shimmered into being. Nearby, a human warlock, a woman whose young face belied her white hair, bent to absently stroke the beast, calling it a “good puppy.” These particular demons fed on magic, Varian recalled. He found himself grinning,and the lovely young woman who dealt so affectionately with demons gave him a wink.

I got rather annoyed at the cloak effect when we started doing heroic Malkorok. You need to see small puddles forming under you and move out of them before form into bubbles and if you touch a bubble, the encounter shield will burst.
Sprouting giant neon wings out of my back does not help with that task. At all.

Another reason melee wreck that encounter I guess :p

The Xuen spasms can be distracting at times too though.

And I'd do the chain on more than 2 characters if it wasn't for a Test of Valor. Grindy collecting stuff is meh, but at least it's more exciting than capping Valor for 3 weeks on alts when I already have to do it at least once each week for my main.

But TBH I really just don't want to spend any more time in LFR (and their respective queues) this expac if I can help it.

Tacitus_

Another reason melee wreck that encounter I guess :p

The Xuen spasms can be distracting at times too though.

And I'd do the chain on more than 2 characters if it wasn't for a Test of Valor. Grindy collecting stuff is meh, but at least it's more exciting than capping Valor for 3 weeks on alts when I already have to do it at least once each week for my main.

Mmh, I have it on 3 characters, my main, my warrior and my shaman. I could get it for more characters but tbh I don't really care. Don't want to get burned out so close to the new expansion.

Magnus

I faced burnout doing it for two weeks on my main this month, and for the first month or so I did it back in 5.2.

How in the fuck do you find it possible to do on more than one character? Lol. JFC. I'd kill myself from the LFR monotony alone. Nearly did already.

Tacitus_

I faced burnout doing it for two weeks on my main this month, and for the first month or so I did it back in 5.2.

How in the fuck do you find it possible to do on more than one character? Lol. JFC. I'd kill myself from the LFR monotony alone. Nearly did already.

I spaced them out. I would've gone insane had I tried to do them at the same time. When I felt like playing my warrior, I'd continue the chain on him and so forth.

JSoup

Banned
I'm really tempted to resub soon... i'm getting tired of Guild Wars 2 after barely a month of playing it and I have no games i want to play except Mario Kart 8.

Could try FF14. I decided to play that till 6.0. It's not bad, but not as much to do as WoW, unless you like convoluted grinding.

Neverfade

I've heard reports that GMs would free up names for use on long-inactive characters.

Anyone know if that's true? Many years ago my account was compromised and character changed and in the interim his name was snapped up. To this day it grates me that the guy who took the name hasn't been played since WOTLK days.

RPGCrazied

I have a technical question for you guys. Its about shadows. They are set to Ultra. I can't figure it out. Character shadows are so block and jaggy, but all the other shadows is fine, even when on a mount the mount shadow is fine, its just when I'm on my feet. Here is a screen to show the problem. Anyone else have it?

I've heard reports that GMs would free up names for use on long-inactive characters.

Anyone know if that's true? Many years ago my account was compromised and character changed and in the interim his name was snapped up. To this day it grates me that the guy who took the name hasn't been played since WOTLK days.

Yes but typically they have to be below level 10. They might make exceptions though.

Tamanon

Banned

Yup, it's true. Go ahead and open a ticket. I had my name freed up from someone who didn't play since BC within the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom