• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I have a technical question for you guys. Its about shadows. They are set to Ultra. I can't figure it out. Character shadows are so block and jaggy, but all the other shadows is fine, even when on a mount the mount shadow is fine, its just when I'm on my feet. Here is a screen to show the problem. Anyone else have it?

Try an older mount. It's probably something to do with the older models being crappier everything.

That mount is very new.

Brutalx2

Wow i didn't comment here for a long time, last week i reached lvl 70 with my feral druid. I heard from a friend of mine that the 280% flight speed cost 4k, any suggestions on how to get that? I've got 200g atm.

Magnus

Wow i didn't comment here for a long time, last week i reached lvl 70 with my feral druid. I heard from a friend of mine that the 280% flight speed cost 4k, any suggestions on how to get that? I've got 200g atm.

IMO, suck it up till level 85-90. 4k gold will roll your way in the form of quest rewards, professions and some potion of luck-style farming if you're still short.

Tamanon

Banned
High-speed flying is really nice, but not necessary. You should get the 4k just by questing, probably halfway through the 80-85 bracket. Keep in mind, you can't fly in PandaLand until 90 and you should definitely have the money.

Otherwise, can make money while leveling up by selling Frostweave and Embersilk cloth if you aren't using it.

Tacitus_

Think of it like this: you can either ride a bicycle or take a cab. Or you can save up for your own car.

The slow mount isn't even as gimped as it was back in the day. Then it was torture and I spent those first weeks just grinding stuff so I could have my own flying ferrari.

Brutalx2

I see... Well ok guys thank you! Just want to share that the flight form on the druid is so cool and helpful in some quest, you can collect the item you need w/o getting out of the flight form. I love it.

Tacitus_

I see... Well ok guys thank you! Just want to share that the flight form on the druid is so cool and helpful in some quest, you can collect the item you need w/o getting out of the flight form. I love it.

And this is why druids are bloody cheaters.

THAT WAS MY DAMN NODE, PISS OFF

RPGCrazied

Try an older mount. It's probably something to do with the older models being crappier everything.

That mount is very new.

No, other mounts look fine, even on beta the character shadows are ass for some reason. Does it look better for other people? Just trying to see if its on my end.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_073114_183114.jpg

Tacitus_

Lol, they are cheaters but it is SO fun!
Question. Is there anything else i can do with feral beside DOT? i can dual spec to bear form but i never played tank roll before :/

Tanking is fairly easy until you need skill in addition to just gear (so for the average player, never). The hard part about being a tank is that everyone else in the group looks up to you for guidance and you are expected to know what to do in the fights.

Now this doesn't stop completely clueless people from doing the fights, but nothing will ever stop that. Just read up a bit on how it works and practice in a LFD run or something. Heroic raiders are so overgeared for that content that I can facetank them as a clothie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just hit honored solely from killing Berserkers trying to get Forager's gloves on my hunter.

Fuck this game. Make the gloves fucking boa!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I havent been reading up on the beta, how much of a ability trimmimg are classes getting. because when you stop playing wow for awhile and you play other games, you realise how ridiculously bloated WOW is

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I havent been reading up on the beta, how much of a ability trimmimg are classes getting. because when you stop playing wow for awhile and you play other games, you realise how ridiculously bloated WOW is

Some are getting more taken away than others. You'd need to read up on it yourself to get a better idea.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-beta-patch-notes-july-29-7-29-2014#class_changes
Just scroll through the class changes and look under the Ability Pruning headers.

Hey was wondering if anyone could help me out quick sometime if you have a spare moment. Need a few people to help sign a guild charter so I can finish making a bank-alt guild on US Mal'Ganis. Just need you to make a level 1 Orc character you can forget you ever had and even delete after I'm done.

My battletag is (Quote to See)

Add me whenever you have a free moment and I can get this done. Please and Thank You!

Not a big fan of LAS like in Wildstar and Guild Wars, disliked how they tied weapons to skills in Guild Wars, and how Warriors only used Swords in Wildstar.

I don't feel too bloated in the current setup, but yeah things like recklessness and skull banner should be tied together.

Tacitus_

Almost done pulling an all nighter since I am a goddamn idiot and put off doing this mandatory school work and read "War Crimes" instead and then goofed off on gaf

Like the local saying goes, the whole body suffers from a dumb head

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not a big fan of LAS like in Wildstar and Guild Wars, disliked how they tied weapons to skills in Guild Wars, and how Warriors only used Swords in Wildstar.

I don't feel too bloated in the current setup, but yeah things like recklessness and skull banner should be tied together.

I was actually thinking about heals, like like... dude I dont need 4 single target heals, I need 1, maybe 2 (a fast one and a slow but big one).

But speaking of WoW and other games, and not to turn this into a fanboy war, its not even about trashing other games, but even being away from wow since...fuck, last year now, its amazing how much that game got right, how much it just...feels right. Im trying to play Secret World again, I played it 2 years ago on release and a friend of mine keeps raving about it, and im just not enjoying myself again.Which is a shame because the setting is right up my alley and they seem to do a lot of neat things, but then you play it, and the characters have no weight to them, animations are all janky, many times spell effects dont even show, just shit like that which WoW nails perfectly and most other games dont.

The "lack of weight" is something that drives me crazy in mmos, and for whatever reason, it seems that most of them are like that, its like the characters are on a different playing field than the environment, they feel like they are floating or sliding, I cant explain it. I hated that about Wildstar, or Secret World, or...well, like I said, most of them. Why is that so hard to nail?

scoobs

So I folded and bought a level 90 druid upgrade.. couldn't deal with leveling again. Anyone have a good feral druid guide? This class is BANANAS with all its abilities!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So I folded and bought a level 90 druid upgrade.. couldn't deal with leveling again. Anyone have a good feral druid guide? This class is BANANAS with all its abilities!

"I paid to skip learning how to play this class. How do I play this class?"

Rhaknar

"I paid to skip learning how to play this class. How do I play this class?"

last time I played (back in december) I tried to spec my 83 pali holy but as usual, I hate trying specs I never played at high levels since they just throw all the spells at you and go "now figure it out", I always liked the leveling process to get familiar with specs. Anyone else feel that way?

Been jonesing for a resub lately, might just make a fresh pali and lvl it holy via dungeons instead of picking my 83 one up again (it doesnt even have professions anyway)

:p

Hixx

Proving Grounds is good for nailing the basics.

Went in there with a Mistweaver, 15 minutes later my head was full of "...what". Don't like that spec. Or class. What a waste of time levelling a Monk was.

But on my Resto Druid it helped a lot, I have to say. Better than just diving into a heroic and not giving a fuck about failing a group.

iirate

Went in there with a Mistweaver, 15 minutes later my head was full of "...what". Don't like that spec. Or class. What a waste of time levelling a Monk was.

But on my Resto Druid it helped a lot, I have to say. Better than just diving into a heroic and not giving a fuck about failing a group.

I just leveled a Mistweaver, and actually liked the style in 5 mans. I went to my first LFR and by the first boss knew that the spec wasn't for me. I've mained a resto shaman since vanilla, and Mistweaver made me realize that I hate reactive healing.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Brewmaster and Windwalker are 100% more fun than Mistweaver.

Boogdud

It would be really rough to go from not having played wow for years, to 're-learn' the game in it's current state, only then a few months later to have to re-re-learn when the next xpac comes out.

Speaking of the xpac, how are classes shaping up in the beta?

Magnus

Guys. I have a massive urge to roll a new Dwarf for fun. Seeing the new models for them may have been part of that. I've already got all classes on the go in one form or another (lol), so I can pick whatever for this. Surprised me how many class options opened up for them in Cata; they can be anything except Druids!

I'm thinking Dwarf Shaman. Need a busy Alliance faction to roll with. Anyone have a guild on one where I could pop in and level?

On the topic of learning a new class at 90: Forcing myself up a steep learning curve with the Green Fire boss actually managed to turn me into a great warlock player on my new boosted Lock.

Yeah heroics are impossible to fail, my fury Warrior could solo them at this point (second wind so op, glad they aren't nerfing the pve solo aspect of it as much).

Icy-veins is a good resource for class rotations. Feral druids rotation going to get a little easier next expansion, there's a glyph that makes savage roar passive. Then its just about keeping rake and rip up, and ferocious biting at <25%.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
No, other mounts look fine, even on beta the character shadows are ass for some reason. Does it look better for other people? Just trying to see if its on my end.
Post the contents of your Config.wtf file, problem may be there.

Tacitus_

Yeah heroics are impossible to fail, my fury Warrior could solo them at this point (second wind so op, glad they aren't nerfing the pve solo aspect of it as much).

Icy-veins is a good resource for class rotations. Feral druids rotation going to get a little easier next expansion, there's a glyph that makes savage roar passive. Then its just about keeping rake and rip up, and ferocious biting at <25%.

I could solo them on my warlock last winter if I had a voidwalker out for the heavier mobs. These days, I can just facetank everything.

..... though I do have something like 800k+ hp selfbuffed. That helps.

Can't outgear Hexos :D

You can.

It's a lot easier when it takes 10 seconds to kill than when it takes 2 mins or w/e the enrage is.

I did it in 2 tries on my enhc and barely had to turn, I never got past 20% on my friends shitty seasons or 2 old pvp geared barely beat the enrage warrior even though I tried like 10 times.

Brewmaster and Windwalker are 100% more fun than Mistweaver.

Yeah, monks one of my favorite classes, but I'd rather heal on any other class.

RPGCrazied

Rösti;123615056 said:
Post the contents of your Config.wtf file, problem may be there.
SET locale "enUS"
SET installLocale "enUS"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET videoOptionsVersion "5"
SET gxApi "D3D11"
SET gxWindow "0"
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET maxAnimThreads "5"
SET Gamma "1.020271"
SET readTOS "1"
SET lastReadTOS "50408"
SET readEULA "1"
SET lastReadEULA "50408"
SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
SET farclip "1300"
SET waterDetail "3"
SET sunShafts "2"
SET groundEffectDensity "80"
SET groundEffectDist "200"
SET environmentDetail "150"
SET projectedTextures "1"
SET shadowMode "3"
SET shadowTextureSize "2048"
SET textureFilteringMode "4"
SET terrainLodDist "650"
SET componentTextureLevel "0"
SET weatherDensity "3"
SET graphicsQuality "5"
SET accountName "rpgcrazied@gmail.com"
SET accountList "!RPGCRAZIED|WoW1|"
SET g_accountUsesToken "1"
SET enterWorld "1"
SET maxFPS "0"
SET maxFPSBk "0"
SET mouseSpeed "1.2000000476837"
SET accounttype "MP"
SET ChatMusicVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET ChatSoundVolume "0.39999997615814"
SET ChatAmbienceVolume "0.29999998211861"
SET VoiceActivationSensitivity "0.39999997615814"
SET ffxGlow "0"
SET realmName "Whisperwind"
SET gameTip "146"
SET uiScale "0.64999997615814"
SET useUiScale "1"
SET checkAddonVersion "0"
SET lastAddonVersion "50400"
SET Sound_OutputDriverIndex "1"
SET Sound_OutputDriverName "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)"
SET SkyCloudLOD "1"
SET SpellEffectLevel "20"
SET expandUpgradePanel "0"
SET Sound_NumChannels "64"
SET Sound_EnableErrorSpeech "0"
SET Sound_ZoneMusicNoDelay "1"
SET lastCharacterIndex "7"
SET SSAO "1"
SET gxResolution "1600x1200"
SET gxVSync "1"
SET particleDensity "40"

Hefty sum, lol. Watch it be like 20k. Well, at least they aren't putting it in the cash shop, that's nice I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom