• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

allianceChopper.jpg

Not surprised. At least it won't cost real money.

I like how it translated to in-game graphics!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wait, so we have to log in to claim the bike? It won't be mailed to Horde characters by default?

I was planning to resub for 6.0, so if that isn't up by the end of september I have to decide if I essentially want to pay 15 for the mount. Knowing blizzard, 6.0 will go live a few weeks later.

Cipherr

I would have loved the questchain way more if it didn't want me to do pvp to get a pve item.
I also probably have the cloak on more than one character by now.

Not to beat that old drum again, but this.... Its the dumbest thing in the expansion by a country mile.

• You PvE'd your way to max level, take this scroll and go talk to this guy!
  • Go PvE and collect me 10 of these and 10 of these then return!
  • Thanks for those traveler heres a socket and a gem for your PvE obtained weapon.
  • Go PvE some more and collect 6k Valor
  • Go PvE and Grind this faction to Revered
  • GO PVP OUT OF FUCKIN NOWHERE
  • Go PvE and kill this commander in this fortress
  • Go PvE and collect these secrets and some Metal bars
  • Go PvE and Grind this faction to exalted
  • Go PvE inside this solo scenario on the Isle of Thunder
  • Go PvE and fight/kill Nalak etc
  • Go PvE and collect 12 Titan Runestones
  • Go PvE and Kill the Thunder King and collect his heart
  • Go PvE and kill one of these celestials in their temples.
  • Go PvE on the timeless Isle and kill all 4 celestials there
  • Go PvE and kill Garrosh.

Now that may not all be in order, but ONE of these things is NOT like the others, and it really pissed me off that they shoved it in there like that.

yamo

I like the idea of removing skills, I hope they don't hold back and do proper clean up.
I'm the type of guy that prefer to play heroes like Wraith King in Dota2 as he only have one skill to activate! :D

Haven't played wow in years now but interested in the new expansion. I still don't own Mist of Pandaria though so I suppose I have to purchase that as well. Anyone know if there is a free sub month included when you buy the digital version of MoP?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like the idea of removing skills, I hope they don't hold back and do proper clean up.
I'm the type of guy that prefer to play heroes like Wraith King in Dota2 as he only have one skill to activate! :D

Haven't played wow in years now but interested in the new expansion. I still don't own Mist of Pandaria though so I suppose I have to purchase that as well. Anyone know if there is a free sub month included when you buy the digital version of MoP?

Xpacs don't come with free months.

psylah

I resubbed and am nearly immediately bored. No one is around even at ~85 in the MoP starting areas, and I'm on a fairly high-pop server.

I've got 3 tanks to level through all this, and it's sad seeing no one around.

Tamanon

Banned
I resubbed and am nearly immediately bored. No one is around even at ~85 in the MoP starting areas, and I'm on a fairly high-pop server.

MoP stuff isn't cross-zone, so you won't see many while leveling up there. At 90, they're all on the Timeless Isle.

Fjordson

I thought the MoP questlines were really good, so I didn't mind going through them again after the world traffic had died down.

Though my server is pretty big, so I still see some people out and about in Pandaria.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

This is something at least that i think Guild Wars 2 got right : There's tons of people walking around, no matter the lvl of the zone you're in.
Probably because of a few things : Your lvl is reduced to the zone for better balance and these zones sometimes have group events with raid-like bosses that can drop loot for your real lvl. Not to mention you get rewards for exploring little corners of the zones for point of interests, vistas, etc.

At least there is crossrealm for low lvl zones in WoW now, so it could be worse. Just wish they would put it in MoP zones now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Am I the only one that liked the PvP part of the quest line? It also fit in with that part of the over-arching MoP storyline.

Well it looks a lot better than it did irl, less of a shiny bug looking thing.

If I had an alliance character I'd probably shell for it.

Am I the only one that liked the PvP part of the quest line? It also fit in with that part of the over-arching MoP storyline.

I just don't get the fuss over it, it's only 2 battlegrounds, 2 of the short small battlegrounds, took like 20 mins to do on both my mains, way better than the 3 week long valor grind or w/e that was.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Has there been already a few "Blizz is horde biased" posts already on the official forums since the Horde bike is free and the Alliance one will cost a lot of gold? :p

I would have been happier with it if it didn't rely on victory. 'go compete in x new battlegrounds' rather than 'hey go win in silvershard, where horde starts at an advantage in 2/3 of all matches.'

It's not that I hated the PvP part, but that I hate Silvershard Mines.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Long list of console variables
Nothing here out of the ordinary that explains the low shadow quality. However, check the following as well (can be done via slash commands in the game or via the console directly):

shadowcull
shadowinstancing
hwPCF

Try disabling/enabling these in different combinations to see if that makes any difference.

RPGCrazied

Rösti;123658814 said:
Nothing here out of the ordinary that explains the low shadow quality. However, check the following as well (can be done via slash commands in the game or via the console directly):

shadowcull
shadowinstancing
hwPCF

Try disabling/enabling these in different combinations to see if that makes any difference.

I'll try that. Just type /console shadowcull? No numbers after?

The shadows look fine on everything else in the game except characters shadows when standing on the ground.

Milennia

If i bought that and went horde for some reason, would i retain it? thats my only question as of now, because i certainly intend on buying it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'll try that. Just type /console shadowcull? No numbers after?

The shadows look fine on everything else in the game except characters shadows when standing on the ground.
1 to enable, 0 to disable.

RPGCrazied

Rösti;123666320 said:
1 to enable, 0 to disable.

They did nothing for me. I guess I'll deal with it. Can someone in here set shadows to ultra and see if they get the jaggy character shadows? Really want to know if its my end or not.

Milennia

No, you'd have the Horde bike though.

I already get the horde bike.. for free.

This is a bit of a risky investment if this ends up being the case, ill hold off.
Not that i plan on going horde or anything, this is purely for the distant futures sake or for my horde toons, who already get their bike anyway.

Nokterian

Guys i want to get a level 90 class..at horde. I have played warlock,death knight,druid and monk on my alliance side. Is a Priest or Shaman fun to do? I want to try something different.

Tamanon

Banned
Guys i want to get a level 90 class..at horde. I have played warlock,death knight,druid and monk on my alliance side. Is a Priest or Shaman fun to do? I want to try something different.

I enjoy my Enhancement Shaman. Feels good to mow down stuff, although it only really shines when you start beasting codlins.

witness

I enjoy my enhance shammy over my shadow priest, and elemental is also pretty fun if you want to play range. Just chain lightning the shit out of rooms (especially when you get echo of the elements procs) is extremely satisfying.

I've never found shadow priest to be fun in pve, for any expansion. If you're not healing, you're not having a lot of fun.

Elemental Shaman is brainless fun.

Anoregon

Elemental Shaman...all right i go with that then! :) Also what race? :p

With WoD in mind, I'd go with Orc for sure. They look cool as all shaman specs.

However, we haven't seen upgraded trolls yet, so they might be the most best.

Milennia

I've never found shadow priest to be fun in pve, for any expansion. If you're not healing, you're not having a lot of fun.

Elemental Shaman is brainless fun.

I have a good time on my priest alt, always have.
Always shadow, even though i preferred cataclysms version of the spec more.

I have no idea who could enjoy arena in this game, or how it even has a professional scene. Spend 10 mins beating on someone until the healing debuff kicks in and someone can finally die. Ghostcrawler says there's a balance team and not to blame him for balance issues, but pvp has gone to hell since after TBC when he took over. (LOL ICY TOUCH SPAM).

Fjordson

I have no idea who could enjoy arena in this game, or how it even has a professional scene. Spend 10 mins beating on someone until the healing debuff kicks in and someone can finally die. Ghostcrawler says there's a balance team and not to blame him for balance issues, but pvp has gone to hell since after TBC when he took over. (LOL ICY TOUCH SPAM).
I'm with you. I am no doubt somewhat ignorant on PvP at this point, but every time I've dabbled in arenas/BG's over the past two expansions I haven't enjoyed it much. So much CC, so much healing and absorption. Everything single fight is a dull marathon.

Like I watch arenas on twitch a lot and a decent number of fights go on for over 10 minutes. Some even longer. Just nonstop combat. It's entertaining to watch for me, but not very fun in practice.

I'm with you. I am no doubt somewhat ignorant on PvP at this point, but every time I've dabbled in arenas/BG's over the past two expansions I haven't enjoyed it much. So much CC, so much healing and absorption. Everything single fight is a dull marathon.

Like I watch arenas on twitch a lot and a decent number of fights go on for over 10 minutes. Some even longer. Just nonstop combat. It's entertaining to watch for me, but not very fun in practice.

It's just monotonous, and I don't have my 550 weapon yet so when you go against teams that do, its GG. Thankfully a lot of my complaints look like they're being addressed in WoD.

I even try to mix it up, cc the healer and try to take the dps down with my dps cd's, and against better geared players it gets to 40% health at most.

aka_bueno

Resubbed last week, used RaF with a buddy so we're leveling like crazy. This is our 4th night playing together, only a few hours a night and we're already 50 after starting from scratch.

Been a long time since I last played, I really only played during Vanilla and for a few months in Cata.

Went with an Enhancement Shaman, was loving it...but then I remember what I hated most about WoW, the ability bloat. My god, they're just throwing friggin' abilities left and right at me and a lot of them seem like a chore. I think I may have picked the wrong class for me, I already hate totems, I didn't mind having to manage like a few but I think I have like 6 different totems now.

As an Enhancement Shaman, what abilities can I pretty much ignore, if any? WoD's item pruning can't come soon enough, feel like I'm playing the piano here...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Resubbed last week, used RaF with a buddy so we're leveling like crazy. This is our 4th night playing together, only a few hours a night and we're already 50 after starting from scratch.

Been a long time since I last played, I really only played during Vanilla and for a few months in Cata.

Went with an Enhancement Shaman, was loving it...but then I remember what I hated most about WoW, the ability bloat. My god, they're just throwing friggin' abilities left and right at me and a lot of them seem like a chore. I think I may have picked the wrong class for me, I already hate totems, I didn't mind having to manage like a few but I think I have like 6 different totems now.

As an Enhancement Shaman, what abilities can I pretty much ignore, if any? WoD's item pruning can't come soon enough, feel like I'm playing the piano here...
Hate to break it to you, but I'm in beta on my Shaman, and it's not that much better.

aka_bueno

Hate to break it to you, but I'm in beta on my Shaman, and it's not that much better.

Would you say Enhance Shaman are among the worst offenders with ability bloat, I don't remember even my 85 Warrior having to manage so much tedious crap.

I might try DK at 55, how would they compare?

Milennia

i have 3 bars worth of key binds on my druid and priest, not counting form swaps.
healer specs at least, dps specs for the two respective classes are manageable with only about 24, if you choose to play optimally.

even then when i play dps I'm using a portion of my available abilities, i don't count nor bind anything i wouldn't actually use in a raid environment.

antonz

Man it is a light and day difference between frost and fire mage in beta. It lacks most of the CC but it just wrecks things.

The level 100 Talents are as underwhelming as ever though. Numbers tuning and all that aren't fully done but damn for a level 100 talent I want something that hits a hell of a lot harder than my average crits on normal attacks.

iirate

Including various macros and profession-related buttons(engineering stuff, mostly), I had ~80 bindings on my resto shaman when I retired from raiding.

EDIT: Memory failing me -_-

Because we were missing belt team people, we ended up farming. Cleared through Spoils tonight.

Got boots but I have to see if Thok drops something for me before I can upgrade them. Not warforged anyway :/ And I still have a HWF ring I need to upgrade to replace my current one (which is regular heroic 4/4) whenever a week goes by that I don't get something.

Milennia

Man it is a light and day difference between frost and fire mage in beta. It lacks most of the CC but it just wrecks things.

The level 100 Talents are as underwhelming as ever though. Numbers tuning and all that aren't fully done but damn for a level 100 talent I want something that hits a hell of a lot harder than my average crits on normal attacks.

I burst 200k as frost on the beta thanks to a talent (2 talents and a glyph actually, one of which being tier 100).

I'm going to resub for WoD. I didn't play MoP other than getting to max level. Should I resub before WoD to do anything? Or will it be fine just to jump into WoD?

I can't decide if I should stay resto shaman or try Shadow Priest. I've literally never DPSed in a raid in my life and I don't want to completely suck and bring a guild down :( I'm a good healer. Only ever played Shaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom