• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

witness

Well I got my 5th and final character to 90, my paladin. I am not leveling any of my other characters up again. I just can't do it anymore. So I got him some timeless and LFR gear and got him to a 483 gear score. Now I'll move onto the ToT raids with him and hopefully get those last 13 ilvls quickly. Still haven't decided who's going be my WoD main.

Well I got my 5th and final character to 90, my paladin. I am not leveling any of my other characters up again. I just can't do it anymore. So I got him some timeless and LFR gear and got him to a 483 gear score. Now I'll move onto the ToT raids with him and hopefully get those last 13 ilvls quickly. Still haven't decided who's going be my WoD main.
I have a priest and shaman to 90 and trying to level a Warrior and Warlock. I just don't miss leveling. In BC right now but I just don't miss any of it. Not sure how Enhance or Disc/Shadow will be in WoD but I might just press on with Enh. People seem to not like them in the beta but I don't care. I think they are ballin no matter their position. Love my pew pew melee lightning wielding berserker.

RPGCrazied

http://www.wowhead.com/item=4351

Why is this pattern so expensive? I just want the damn thing for transmog. I've asked several times at peak hours if someone could make it, no dice. I see one on my AH for about 4k, but I don't want to pay that much for a low level green that I'm just using for transmog.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is it that shot the Embersilk bag prices up? I know they nerfed one of the main Embersilk farming spots, but even then, Embersilk's not that hard to come by if you just set out to get some. The dust is always the thing that's rare, and most of the greens from Twilight Highlands do about 75% infinite 25% hypnotic(which is dumb) dust. So were people just getting so much embersilk they could easily make tailoring greens to DE for easy hypnotic or something?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
http://www.wowhead.com/item=4351

Why is this pattern so expensive? I just want the damn thing for transmog. I've asked several times at peak hours if someone could make it, no dice. I see one on my AH for about 4k, but I don't want to pay that much for a low level green that I'm just using for transmog.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=4323#same-model-as

Probably because it's rare or something. People always do that, because some people are impatient and don't look for alternatives.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=20408

This will probably take you a few minutes of farming. Not that long. I think I have several in my bank.

RPGCrazied

Shahadan

did garrosh want to come to our timeline? Or he wanted to come to 35 years ago azeroth (first war) and kairoz changed it?
Yes, Garrosh wants to come after US, in the present. (DaveKosak)

Garrosh is dumb as fuck confirmed.

Kaper

I've been itching to play WoW again, so I made a trial account to see help decide whether I want to play or not. Through inspecting a lvl 90 guy, and then googling, I found out about jems/enchants scaling. I then discovered, while running through the barrens, that I could gather herbs that, earlier, would be too high level to gather. Is there any resource (besides just reading through all the patch notes since MoP release) that will highlight the major changes to game mechanics since MoPs release?

Magnus

What is it that shot the Embersilk bag prices up? I know they nerfed one of the main Embersilk farming spots, but even then, Embersilk's not that hard to come by if you just set out to get some. The dust is always the thing that's rare, and most of the greens from Twilight Highlands do about 75% infinite 25% hypnotic(which is dumb) dust. So were people just getting so much embersilk they could easily make tailoring greens to DE for easy hypnotic or something?

Lack of new regular wind wool bag. Forcing people to still go to Embersilk for biggest regular bag, and being that most players are in Pandaria now, there's just less Embersilk in the market.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sorely tempted to get a new PSU and the cheapest possible vidja card and resub for this game, having not played since...December 2010!

Only thing I'm afraid of is that I only find joy in leveling alts and professions and that my server was nearly dead back then, let alone 4+ years later.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lack of new regular wind wool bag. Forcing people to still go to Embersilk for biggest regular bag, and being that most players are in Pandaria now, there's just less Embersilk in the market.

Nah, like 3 months ago, Embersilk bags were like 70 gold. They nerfed a spot in Twilight, and now it's up to 400-500 again.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sadly you can't transmog anything from the cultist set. It has no stats. Trust me, I've researched the hoods.

Well there's all those other hoods, a black one would probably work as well as a purple one, or one with the gold trim.

I don't see the point on spending 3-4k on greens for transmog. They're rare and they usually go well for a "normal clothes" set, but it's never worth it imo.

Luckily I'm immune to the lure of Embersilk bags as they are 22 slots, not %4==0.

Plugging away at my goal of getting every character full 28s -- since the expansion maxes at 30 (again, not %4==0) I will be set until the next expansion sometime in 2016 or so. =)

Well to be fair the spot that they nerfed generated double the amount of embersilk as the next best spots (the ones that are still available).

And Magnus if you're on Mal'Ganis you should add me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, I make REALLY good gold selling Hypnotic Dust and Embersilk on Zul'jin.

On the other hand, I'm trying to finish off Enchanting on my Hunter, and Cata shit is the big roadblock. Alchemy(and obviously tailoring) was the same way. Cataclysm tradeskills just seem real fucked.

CassSept

Meh, I like 5.1 dailies system the most. The grinds for Black Prince/Shaohao were open-ended and were terrible, especially the latter.

#YOLOSWAG

2tTylAX.jpg

I'm comparatively poor now :(

Ultratech

Thick Leather by far the best spot is BRD: http://www.wow-professions.com/farming/thick-leather-farming

I've done that Badlands spot before and it isn't nearly as good (stupid hilly terrain is stupid). Just make sure you're not dumb like me and use a pet/totem to kill the rounded up dogs, since if you don't tag them yourself they'll rapidly despawn and you won't be able to skin them. Nets ~50 leather a run.

For Rugged Leather, best by far is Onyxia's Lair. Just kill the 4 trash dudes in there and reset. Goes really quick. 30-40 leather or so per run (though they give you hides instead frequently enough to be annoying). Note that you do need to have 435 skinning here which is higher than it would take to farm Rugged Leather elsewhere. But oh, so worth it.

Knothide Leather I did Karazhan as described here: http://www.wow-professions.com/farming/knothide-leather-farming. Pretty damn fast. Not sure how the other spots hold up - didn't need to go to Outland at all besides for the Fel Scales needed.

Borean Leather I'm not sure - ended up buying most of it. The wow-professions site recommends Gundrak but I didn't get to try it out. Not the longest grind anyway no matter where you farm.

For Savage Leather - the last grindy one (you need like 500+), there's Zul'Gurub which is supposed to be good, but I didn't try that out since my guy isn't very geared (and I would have had to get myself over there - maybe if you're Alliance it's more convenient.) Anyway, I mostly followed this comment's method after getting frustrated with how slow it was at Tol Barad and elsewhere. Ended up being pretty fast, even when having issues with the crocs. There's also this way which I didn't try because I was going to be dropping skinning anyway and didn't want to drop the effort into getting the quest chain.

For Borean Leather, you can run The Violet Hold and skin the dragons there.
You can get quite a bit of leather, dragonscales, and some decent money.

For Savage Leather, I did Tol Borad and the Molten Front.
With Tol Borad, you can do the spiders in the middle (they tend to respawn quick), and the Molten Front, you do the spider mobs there.
Only thing with the Molten Front spot is that the spiders hardly drop anything, but you can get quite a bit of leather.

I can see where ZG is probably really good though, since I've been doing mount runs there lately.
Quite a few mobs to get leather from.

GG, what what the damage? 600k?

Fairly significantly less than that but still a lot (PM me if you want the exact number). TBH I probably could've flipped it at the price I got for 100k-200k+ profit pretty easily. But sometimes you just gotta go for it.

I was really feeling the diminishing returns on my gold-making and such a large purchase helps with that since there's not much to actually do with large amounts of gold besides spend it on vanity items. I probably won't hit gold cap now before Warlords, but gold-making should be significantly easier then than it is now anyway (which is why it does sting a bit). Still have a moderate-sized nest egg to work with. But from some napkin math I calculated it'll probably take me at least about 3 months to earn back what I lost, assuming no drastic change (unlikely, especially since I'm basing it off quite a sizable take) in my earnings week to week.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Get your bets in everyone!!

Will it be September? (LOL!)
Will it be October? (Lol?)
Will it be November? (lol...)
Will it be December? (...)

Marven

Get your bets in everyone!!

Will it be September? (LOL!)
Will it be October? (Lol?)
Will it be November? (lol...)
Will it be December? (...)

My guess is October 14. That's 2 months after the announcement, which is what they did with Mists.

So yea, I bet 6.0 will come to the PTR shortly after the announcement, then 6.0 will go live mid-September, and finally Warlords will come out on Oct. 14.

ampere

Going to be super optimistic and guess:
6.0 live on September 29th
WoD release on October 28th

Preparing for the internet meltdown when the release ends up being December 16th lol

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Pre-launch patch 6.0 launching September 30, which is also the last day to log in in order to get the Horde mount.

WoD releasing 2 weeks later, October 14.

BELIEVE

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
October 7-14 I would say, since Activision Blizzard probably wants to avoid cutting into the sales of Destiny in September. Also, the 6.0 pre-patch could be deployed on the PTR very shortly after the release date announcement, and that would give a bit less than two months for players to test new talents and systems with the pre-patch landing on the retail servers a few weeks before launch of Warlords of Draenor.

Anyway, onto something that isn't related to Warlords of Draenor, namely a short look at the peculiar console variable overrideArchive, with which you can enable certain models and doodads used in the Chinese version of the game. These alternate models are used primarily for characters that feature bones, such as the undead and many skeletons, as that is something prohibited in China (at least in video games as far as I know). I wanted to check out if this would enable the long rumored Chinese version of Lord Marrowgar (which I have only been able to find a very small, blurry picture of and no video, also Blizzard's Chinese webpage does not feature the rumored flesh version) in Icecrown Citadel, so there I went. Here is a short look at some of the mobs there.

icc_1tzz8o.png

Servant of the Throne - No skull, no bones, just a hollow space where the bones used to be.

icc_29bl8f.png

Ancient Skeletal Soldiers are replaced with the undead PC model, nothing special there.

icc_3j5xue.png

The Deathbound Wards are also replaced with the undead PC model.

icc_42plgk.png

Lord Marrowgar does not appear as a flesh construct, but he features some small differences. His skulls are no longer round nor resemble an ordinary skull, hard to describe it.
Why this is I don't know, perhaps it was the only thing that needed to be corrected in China. If there ever has been a flesh version of Lord Marrowgar I don't know.

icc_5b0xre.png

Here the normal model, just for comparison.

TBH the longer 6.0 is the better. Want more time to get heirlooms.

And even before then I'd rather it be later than sooner since my team is still progressing through the last few bosses of H: SoO. I don't know if October is enough time to get H: Garrosh down. Certainly not enough time to get mounts for everyone. Gonna suck.

CassSept

Delayed to January 2015, TBC style.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

If I had to guess I'd say early November, pre-expansion patches usually last for a month so that would fit nicely

I'm curious when it will be. I'm betting october as well. Hopefully I can farm some heirlooms as well. I am getting carried through SoO sometime this month so hopefully with the achieve I can get some heirlooms and call it a day. I am also hoping my guild reforms. Not having a regular raid team BLOWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom