• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

I still can't see WoD coming out before Blizzcon. What could they talk about there if they did? Its to early for D3 expansion news, I guess maybe legacy of the void stuff and a teaser trailer for the WoW movie?

I'm going to go with middle or end of November for WoD release date.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does blizzard include a Sha-skin lookalike tier which would be perfect for Shadow Priests, but they didn't include the gloves or the shoulders?

Why you do this to me.

Magnus

Cinematic + release date + possible CE info?!

CWCiFfD.gif

In other news, for whatever reason, I'd barely read a thing about Garrisons. I just read the full WoW content hub page for it over the last half hour.

Holy shit. There's so much to it.

What do I even....I don't understand. Is it effectively granting prof-exclusive perks, like the ability to DE, to everyone? If they get the Ench building, that is?

That's just one of the 200 questions I have.

I still can't see WoD coming out before Blizzcon. What could they talk about there if they did? Its to early for D3 expansion news, I guess maybe legacy of the void stuff and a teaser trailer for the WoW movie?

If it's before Blizzcon it would also be extremely awkward for the ultra hardcore raiders pushing world firsts...many of whom will be going to the convention. Don't know if they would do that. Have they ever released a raid tier right before Blizzcon like that? Let alone a whole expansion with the leveling process and tons of other new things to do.

I think November 18 or 25 are two of the safe bets. But who knows, we could all be surprised.

Didn't they do something like that with Mists though? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I could swear some of my guildies were irritated with Mists being released right before blizzcon. Didn't they hold the raid tier back?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If it's before Blizzcon it would also be extremely awkward for the ultra hardcore raiders pushing world firsts...many of whom will be going to the convention. Don't know if they would do that. Have they ever released a raid tier right before Blizzcon like that? Let alone a whole expansion with the leveling process and tons of other new things to do.

I think November 18 or 25 are two of the safe bets. But who knows, we could all be surprised.

Didn't MoP release like in late September? Or was there no Blizzcon that year?

Anyway, i don't think Blizzard care about ultra hardcore raiders doing world firsts that also might come to Blizzcon. That's an extremely low number of people.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Is that really a reasonable consideration though? Potentially delaying an xpac release that millions will buy just to accommodate a few hundred players, if that? (Legitimate world first contenders, not serious raid guilds)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope Heroic MoP raids in WoD are fairly easy to do with a small group. The tier that I want for my Priest only drops in H MSV, and who does H MSV? The mount drops on normal, so there's no real incentive.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Patch 6.1 stuff, 6.2 teases. Everything about WoD was already well covered in last year's Blizzcon. What could they possibly talk about that would make for a wildly satisfying pre-launch experience?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, (major) things that Blizzcon can cover if WoD is released prior:

Legacy of the Void
Next Hearthstone solo raid
Heroes of The storm stuff - open beta/release dates, new features, etc
Diablo 3: 2.1 should be out by then, so I'm not sure. It's certainly not IMPOSSIBLE that they could already reveal the next xpac, given that it wouldn't be coming out for over a year, but being blizzard that is not likely.

Warcraft-specific:
Blood elf model reveal, if it hasn't been done yet
first major patch and post-launch raid
Anniversary stuff (10th for WoW, 20th for Warcraft) - wouldn't be surprised if that Warcraft 2 update for modern systems is announced as a free anniversary download..
Movie stuff (if they had a teaser ready for comicon, they will have stuff at blizzcon)

Patch 6.1 stuff, 6.2 teases. Everything about WoD was already well covered in last year's Blizzcon. What could they possibly talk about that would make for a wildly satisfying pre-launch experience?

I agree; even if WoD isn't out before Blizzcon, how will that really help blizzcon? There will not be any additional news or features to announce at that point.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, honestly they wouldn't have any release WoD stuff to talk about to begin with at Blizzcon. Maybe just the next raid tier.

ampere

Didn't MoP release like in late September? Or was there no Blizzcon that year?

Anyway, i don't think Blizzard care about ultra hardcore raiders doing world firsts that also might come to Blizzcon. That's an extremely low number of people.

They skipped Blizzcon that year (2012).

Boogdud

The movie industry?

I don't think so. I don't recall ever seeing a trailer that said "coming September 25th, the trailer that will tell you when this movie is coming out, be there!"

It's just so pretentious.

Edit: having said all that, I'm betting Nov 18th

Tamanon

Banned
I don't think so. I don't recall ever seeing a trailer that said "coming September 25th, the trailer that will tell you when this movie is coming out, be there!"

They do stuff like that at Comic Con and the like. I don't see the big deal.

JSoup

Banned

Isn't that the point behind most major conventions and industry shows?
"Coming soon, the show where we tell you what's coming soon!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It'll never happen, but I want a dwarf themed expansion. Something with the Dark Irons, Wildhammers, and even the Earthen. Ulduar - The Expansion.

BearPawB

Banned
It feels like we are due for some more alliance-centric content.
I only play Horde, but for awhile everything has been orc orc orc

Superbowl Commercials get teasers online, in print and on broadcast in the weeks leading up to February.

Anoregon

It feels like we are due for some more alliance-centric content.
I only play Horde, but for awhile everything has been orc orc orc

Well, Khadgar is this expansion's Thrall for the most part (despite Thrall having a few important bits himself), and he is still considered an Alliance-loyal character.

and overall, WoD is pretty much all about taking out evil orcs. That's alliance bread and butter.

Magnus

They're never gonna do that, or if they did he wouldn't 'die' so what's the point.

"Won't kill the biggest bad guy because then what" syndrome

Wouldn't there be some pressure to make sure the big bad shows up somewhere in the game's lifetime before it finally dips below its (relative) prime, at say 5 million players or more? I figure that has to be within the next 5 years at the latest.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, Khadgar is this expansion's Thrall for the most part (despite Thrall having a few important bits himself), and he is still considered an Alliance-loyal character.

and overall, WoD is pretty much all about taking out evil orcs. That's alliance bread and butter.

There should be plenty of draeneis too, but I feel a bit the same too. After one year of beating Garrosh and his orc army... here we go with an expansion where we... beat orcs again.

PepperedHam

Very hyped to hear the news next week.

Just resubbed the other day to level new Taurens with my little cousin who I used to play with back in vanilla/BC. We are decked out in heirlooms and have been having a blast so far. This is my first time leveling a horde from 1.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They're never gonna do that, or if they did he wouldn't 'die' so what's the point.

They...kinda did this once actually. No worries though, they replaced him.

Thrall will be the next head Titan thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think you're crazy if you really think Orcs are going to be raid bosses past the first tier. It's clearly a way for them to set up something with the Legion.

CassSept

Edit: having said all that, I'm betting Nov 18th

Announcement of the announcements happen all the time in movie industry, it's not exclusive to gaming. They basically invented the trend with teasers.

Ultratech

I figure WoD will prolly hit sometime in November.

That way, plenty of time for testing and whatnot.

Given the alternate timeline (or whatever) shenanigans, they could theoretically do it.

Then of course, the real one would pop up in Azeroth and then shit's on for real just in time for the BL expansion.

"Draenor was merely a setback!"

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Done with Northrend. Over half to 86.. 5 million xp. When i saw the jump up in experience required when i hit 85 i was kind of worried that the xp gains would be painful but now i feel more confident that i can hit 90 questing in Cataclysm.

i have to say.. i dont remember Northrend questing and story being this fun and interesting. When i first leveled in Wrath it wasnt so much that i was in a race to level but there was so much new stuff that distracted me. Wintergrasp most of all. Other times i leveled it was a mixture of questing and bg queuing. Between the mad dash to get my alts to max level and the constant shifts in focus by leaving questing for pvp it became that Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, and Grizzly Hills were zones i did on auto-pilot. Really taking time to savor things, reading and digesting the quest text, doing quests in the right order, and not interrupting the flow made me really appreciate Northrend and more fully comprehend the lore in the game. im probably going to do this way of leveling for all alts in the future.

edit:
Also 9k gold from quest rewards and vendoring items.

edit 2:
At 85 enemies in Northrend give me 800-1000 xp. In Hyjal however enemies give me 200-300xp :(

Anoregon

Also is it just me or does Gul'Dan's face kind of look like John Noble?

Chris R

No good if you don't get your level +15 dudes rolling through that need to be killed as a group. 40+ people per side if possible as well please.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gul'Dan looks great. All the Orcs look great, especially Kilrogg.

Can't wait to see Ner'Zhul instead of the white blob in beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom