• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

oh lawd

guldan.jpg

brb, summoning the legion
Man, looks awesome! Like Dragonzord said, all the Orcs look dope.

other news: leveling my monk. It's fun, but not sure if I want to stick with it for WoD. Still have on clue what I'm going to play at 100.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's named vicious war ram too. that means another bunch of 3s or RBG wins. Ugh.

They're not even gonna update the animation rigging...

witness

I don't see WoD releasing in November, I can totally see a September release like MoP.

Trying to get my paladin geared up but I'm having terrible luck with LFR drops so far. Hopefully with the reset today my luck turns around. Played a bit of my DK and got a few upgrades. Really fun but I'm not sure what melee I prefer; shaman, DK, or paladin for WoD. I'm pretty sure I won't touch my warlock, he's my best geared character but it's just not that fun to me. I much prefer my hunter to him. The process of narrowing this down sucks.

CassSept

I don't see WoD releasing in November, I can totally see a September release like MoP.

Trying to get my paladin geared up but I'm having terrible luck with LFR drops so far. Hopefully with the reset today my luck turns around. Played a bit of my DK and got a few upgrades. Really fun but I'm not sure what melee I prefer; shaman, DK, or paladin for WoD. I'm pretty sure I won't touch my warlock, he's my best geared character but it's just not that fun to me. I much prefer my hunter to him. The process of narrowing this down sucks.

No way. They would basically have to announce at GamesCom that Patch 6.0 is live... NOW! October is possible, September by now is not, it's too late. They seem to be pushing features into 6.1 so it's getting closer to crunch time, but no way it launches in September.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank fuck they didn't make Gul'dan kiddy like they for some reason did in Warcraft 3.

GUL'DAN LOOKS GREAT!!!

Hixx

I'd settled on Resto Druid as my main for WoD.

The other night I did an LFR out of boredom on my Frost Mage. It's so fun. Fuck. Mages are always good dps and they bring a fair share of utility too. And they're fun. Daaaaamn it.

I've been trying to level a panda monk but I'm just not feeling it. I'm not sure if I don't like Pandas or Monks. Every monk I've tried leveling so far I've got to mid 20s-30s and gave up. And at the same time, it doesn't feel right to play as a monk on any race but Pandas. Both the class and race just feel too goofy and out of place with the world(yeah, I know, point out example of goofiness here - this is just my feeling on this specific thing). There are aspects of Mists that I really like, but the whole Panda thing wears thin pretty quick. I want to like them so bad. As someone with a bunch of alts it seems weird to not have a Monk at level 85-90.

Tamanon

Banned
If you're leveling as Windwalker, they feel really weird until the mid 50's when they get their DPS booster(Tigereye Brew) and hard-hitter(Rising-Sun kick). I usually level as Brewmaster until the 50s.

Proc

Damn you giantbomb for pushing me over the edge to resub. I haven't leveled an alt since cataclysm and I have to say that they did a great job fleshing out the undead starting zones. I'm having a great time reliving memories and stumbling on new quests and locales. I'm worried that burning crusade won't hold up. Has 60-80 turned into a slog?

Hixx

Damn you giantbomb for pushing me over the edge to resub. I haven't leveled an alt since cataclysm and I have to say that they did a great job fleshing out the undead starting zones. I'm having a great time reliving memories and stumbling on new quests and locales. I'm worried that burning crusade won't hold up. Has 60-80 turned into a slog?

60-68 is definitely the most boring section of levelling now imo, but it's over really, really quickly. Plus dungeons are quick to get into at that level whatever spec you are if the questing gets to you.

Northrend is not as boring but it still takes quite a while to get through - or maybe it just feels it as the first 65-70 levels go by so quick now.

I haven't played in 7 years. My buddy who was in the same boat just got back in and is talking me into it. Now I come in here and find out there's gonna be a tarren mill v south shore bg.

This isn't good.

Chris R

Quick question. Can I move ANYTHING from the "installed" folder location over to a OSX machine to speed up the install time?

ampere

Looks like Heart of the Valorous again this week. Kinda was hoping for Black Prince buff again, I am planning to do the first few parts of the Wrathion quest on some alts to get them the extra socket for Challenge Modes. Def want it on my Rogue since I'd get 2 bonus sockets out of it.

Quick question. Can I move ANYTHING from the "installed" folder location over to a OSX machine to speed up the install time?

From some old thread:

The data folder is the bulk of it all anyway. I'd assume this is still true since it's a Blizzard specific filesystem and not the executable.

Pickman

Just got back into WoW after a decent hiatus. Have they made any sort of game changes to the current build since around September of last year?

ampere

Just got back into WoW after a decent hiatus. Have they made any sort of game changes to the current build since around September of last year?

Since Siege of Orgrimmar came out? No, not really. Just a new PvP season and new PvP gear.

It's a good time to do Challenge Modes and Brawler's Guild if you haven't already since the current ones will go away when the expansion hits.

Magnus

Since Siege of Orgrimmar came out? No, not really. Just a new PvP season and new PvP gear.

It's a good time to do Challenge Modes and Brawler's Guild if you haven't already since the current ones will go away when the expansion hits.

What's the best way to go about finding CM groups? I'm Horde, best-geared as a Shadow Priest, but semi-alright for Disc.

Beyond Invisibility Pots, Flasks, Food, and those Klaaxi Ambers, do I need any other consumables?

I see groups on OQ, but I waitlist myself and never get into them. Time to find a temporary guild till mine reawakens for WoD, I guess. They're on hiatus till then.

RkOwnage

I'm thinking about re-upping soon to get caught back up before the next expansion comes out. I am on Sargeras-PVP US and I have 5 90s, and 6 85s. I'm having a problem deciding what to play. Should I start fresh? Help me WoW-Gaf!!!

I'm thinking about re-upping soon to get caught back up before the next expansion comes out. I am on Sargeras-PVP US and I have 5 90s, and 6 85s. I'm having a problem deciding what to play. Should I start fresh? Help me WoW-Gaf!!!
I am trying to re-roll but have the most difficult time trying to level a new toon. Blizz really needs to rethink leveling. By now if you have at least 1 lvl 90 toon you should be able to auto-roll at LEAST a 60. Of course that would seriously cut down on insta-60 buck toons but damn that grind isn't any fun.

I have 2 90s on this account, Priest and Shaman. Got a warrior and lock up to 60ish a few weeks ago and I'm done with that leveling process. Will just stick with these two and pick one to main in WoD.

Easier to choose with hybrid classes like a Shaman or Druid Cuz you can have 1 toon to fit many roles so you can focus on 1 dude to flesh out all 3 specs. At least I'm going that route in WoD. Probably my Shaman since I like Enh and PvP and they are quite fun. But I do really enjoy my Priest in both Disc and Shadow and they would both be a blast in PvP, too.

I'm just as confused except I don't want to level another dude. I did pop a freebie on another realm but now my buds want to move to my main server come WoD and I don't feel like spending 25 bucks to bring my Hunter over :p

JSoup

Banned
I remember being irritated that there wasn't the options for Pandaren Druid and Goblin Paladin.

So, those I guess.

RPGCrazied

Are they still giving out the free boost to 90 with a box purchase of WoD? Sure hope that wasn't just a hype incentive to get the digital version now. I'm not doing that, nor am I spending $60 for a boost. Sure would love to use it on my level 32 Druid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom