• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

What's the best way to go about finding CM groups? I'm Horde, best-geared as a Shadow Priest, but semi-alright for Disc.

Beyond Invisibility Pots, Flasks, Food, and those Klaaxi Ambers, do I need any other consumables?

I see groups on OQ, but I waitlist myself and never get into them. Time to find a temporary guild till mine reawakens for WoD, I guess. They're on hiatus till then.

You can also try the website openraid.us (or trade chat on a high pop server). There's a chat channel on openraid where people are sometimes making groups and people make events. Also good idea to watch some vids to get familiar with them. You pretty much have all the consumables you need. Just remember that the legendary meta gem will not work so you might want an alternate helm.

I definitely recommend Disc > Shadow. For CMs Disc is probably the most desired healer, while Shadow is one of the less desired dps. You should be able to find a group and at least get your feet wet. They're not too bad once you learn em.

Are there news about new combo races? I still waiting for a new druid race in the horde

No new ones for this expansion.

Are they still giving out the free boost to 90 with a box
purchase of WoD? Sure hope that wasn't just a hype incentive to get the digital version now. I'm not doing that, nor am I spending $60 for a boost. Sure would love to use it on my level 32 Druid though.

Yes, it will come with any purchase of WoD, physical or digital.

Slayerx

Dat sub drop. At least it looks like they will have a pretty large influx of players when expansion releases, already pre-sold 1.5 million copies of that.

CassSept

That was bound to happen eventually, I was surprised they managed to sustain their subscription base for as long as they did. Next quarter is going to be even worse.

Edit: If someone makes a thread over on main gaming forum, oh god, this will get truly ugly

Edit2: Nvm, stupidly I searched for "wow" not "world of warcraft", I'm afraid to read it

Chris R

That was bound to happen eventually, I was surprised they managed to sustain their subscription base for as long as they did. Next quarter is going to be even worse.

Edit: If someone makes a thread over on main gaming forum, oh god, this will get truly ugly

There is already a thread :p

I joined up again though a few months back, for at least 6 months (and WoD)

StMeph

Wonder what it will stabilize at, down the road. Probably another ~3+ expansions before that happens anyway =P

FFXI maintained (still maintains) a small-but-loyal following that ensures the game is profitable, so they still produce expansions for it. Nothing too grand, but enough to keep the game going and keep the die-hards happy.

I'm sure WoW will keep some -- large-ish, compared to other MMOs -- number of subscribers as a bare minimum. No one really seems to know how to wrap up a major MMO, as even EverQuest is still running.

CassSept

There is already a thread :p

I joined up again though a few months back, for at least 6 months (and WoD)

Yeah I noticed, but it's surprisingly reasonable. Besides the usual GC hate.

The drop for Q3 will be bad, but I think Q4 will be pretty good. The current content drought is unprecedented, it's worse than ICC. I know I'll be coming back and some of my friends will too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
FFXI maintained (still maintains) a small-but-loyal following that ensures the game is profitable, so they still produce expansions for it. Nothing too grand, but enough to keep the game going and keep the die-hards happy.

I'm sure WoW will keep some -- large-ish, compared to other MMOs -- number of subscribers as a bare minimum. No one really seems to know how to wrap up a major MMO, as even EverQuest is still running.
Warhammer Online had the plug pulled. I don't see that happening to WoW for a long time, but it does happen to some MMOs.

Fjordson

Edit2: Nvm, stupidly I searched for "wow" not "world of warcraft", I'm afraid to read it
Haha, yeah, it's already slightly ugly (though not as bad as some WoW threads).

I'm always surprised by the negativity WoW gets these days. Sure there are still millions of players, but there's also a ton of people just trashing the game left and right. I mean it ain't perfect by any means, but am I crazy for thinking MoP was a damned good expansion? I've enjoyed it just as much as Wrath and way more than Cata, current content drought aside.

I always wonder if some of these people decided to just stick with their initial "LOL PANDALAND" reactions and just quit the game for good without actually trying MoP.

Tacitus_

Haha, yeah, it's already slightly ugly (though not as bad as some WoW threads).

I'm always surprised by the negativity WoW gets these days. Sure there are still millions of players, but there's also a ton of people just trashing the game left and right. I mean it ain't perfect by any means, but am I crazy for thinking MoP was a damned good expansion? I've enjoyed it just as much as Wrath and way more than Cata, current content drought aside.

I always wonder if some of these people decided to just stick with their initial "LOL PANDALAND" reactions and just quit the game for good without actually trying MoP.

MOP was a great expansion, but people love to join the circlejerk hate.

JSoup

Banned
WoW bashing has been an internet past-time since WoW came into being, it's nothing really new. And no one bashes WoW harder than the fans.

Fjordson

WoW bashing has been an internet past-time since WoW came into being, it's nothing really new. And no one bashes WoW harder than the fans.
This is true. Even on the official forums there's always been a lot of angry people.

It just surprises me when I see people on various sites say how much they hated MoP and how it caused them to quit. I could maybe understand that with Cata, but MoP is pretty high quality imo.

I'm actually surprised by the number of positive comments in the D3 thread on the main forum. Sure, RoS helped a lot, but I thought on the main forum you're only allowed to say "WoW is doomed!" and "D3 sucks!" in Blizz threads.

Fjordson

I'm actually surprised by the number of positive comments in the D3 thread on the main forum. Sure, RoS helped a lot, but I thought on the main forum you're only allowed to say "WoW is doomed!" and "D3 sucks!" in Blizz threads.
Yeah, D3 has rebounded nicely. It did sell like mad on release so it didn't need to rebound too much :lol but popular opinion is pretty high on the game these days.

Arcayne

Maaaaan, haven't played WoW since apparently 2008. Resubbed and it feels good to see my lvl 70 paladin in season 3 arena gear again. Rerolled as a troll druid to play with my gf who has NEVER played WoW. 10 years late for her, but shes reaaaally enjoying it. I'm all sorts of happy right now. Can't wait to take her through Deadmines!!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, D3 has rebounded nicely. It did sell like mad on release so it didn't need to rebound too much :lol but popular opinion is pretty high on the game these days.

Yeah RoS was a very large improvement, but their update speed is still fucking glacial.

RkOwnage

Thinking I'm going to reroll a toon horde. Does anyone here play US Horde and have a spot in a guild for me to join? I don't need to raid or anything yet, just wouldn't mind some chatter while I grind 90.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If WoW ever went f2p 1-60 I'd probably be rolling toons over and over again. I love those levels especially with the cata improvements.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so, I havent really been following warlord information, I want to go in fresh, but something that is worrying me... LFR is gone correct? they are rebalacing heroic to be normal, adding mythic to replace heroic etc.

so...is there no option for the super casual raider anymore? As braindead as LFR was, I enjoyed it last time I was subbed since I would still see the raids and get some tier to look pretty, I dont really have the time and more importantly, the patience for anything else these days (I actually stupidly started to run a 10m with some old friends, and as expected, the pressure to be on time and shit starte up again, even in a supposed "casual 10m" and as soon as they started talking about doing heroic I pretty much stopped subbing again)

its also the reason why for the first time in 3 expansions im not going to main a healer but a dps, I just dont want the responsability anymore

Salamando

so, I havent really been following warlord information, I want to go in fresh, but something that is worrying me... LFR is gone correct? they are rebalacing heroic to be normal, adding mythic to replace heroic etc.

so...is there no option for the super casual raider anymore? As braindead as LFR was, I enjoyed it last time I was subbed since I would still see the raids and get some tier to look pretty, I dont really have the time and more importantly, the patience for anything else these days (I actually stupidly started to run a 10m with some old friends, and as expected, the pressure to be on time and shit starte up again, even in a supposed "casual 10m" and as soon as they started talking about doing heroic I pretty much stopped subbing again)

its also the reason why for the first time in 3 expansions im not going to main a healer but a dps, I just dont want the responsability anymore

LFR is still in. Normal is the new Flex, Heroic is the new Normal, and Mythic is the new Heroic. They just got rid of Flex since all non-Mythic raids now have flexible raid sizes.

The only other noticeable change is you won't get tier gear in LFR. You get more generic gear. And mythic-level tier stuff has some extra flourish normal and heroic don't get.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Finally got Blackfuse tonight.

Worked on Paragon afterwards. I think we'll be able to get it tomorrow night no problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LFR is still in. Normal is the new Flex, Heroic is the new Normal, and Mythic is the new Heroic. They just got rid of Flex since all non-Mythic raids now have flexible raid sizes.

The only other noticeable change is you won't get tier gear in LFR. You get more generic gear. And mythic-level tier stuff has some extra flourish normal and heroic don't get.

nooooooooooooo :(

Rhaknar

Nice dude!

On the plus side, LFR loot drop rate will be something like 50%. So you should get loot FAST. And then if you are so inclined perhaps try finding a Normal (currently Flex) run with the new group finder.

wait flex / normal, whatever its called, will be on the dungeon finder?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't believe in MoP they managed to turn cooking into a grind. Like as if the game didn't have enough grinds or something.

Peachpies

wait flex / normal, whatever its called, will be on the dungeon finder?
No, normal/heroic (old flex/normal) will be like regular raids where you have to zone in at the entrance, he is talking about the group finder which is just to help you find a raid group or to fill your group and is cross realm, but it still requires the group leader to invite you.

aka_bueno

Thinking I'm going to reroll a toon horde. Does anyone here play US Horde and have a spot in a guild for me to join? I don't need to raid or anything yet, just wouldn't mind some chatter while I grind 90.
My buddy on I just resubbed after years away. US Horde on Vashj (pvp). Leveling fresh toons, down for another body to kick it with and anyone else that's looking to resub.

We leveled new toons to 55 then decided to try different classes. I'm currently trying out Death Knight while he's leveling a Shaman now.

witness

NOn the plus side, LFR loot drop rate will be something like 50%. So you should get loot FAST. And then if you are so inclined perhaps try finding a Normal (currently Flex) run with the new group finder.

I didn't know this. Great to hear, I've been frustrated just getting nothing boss after boss after boss on my paladin the past couple days when I'm trying to gear him up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So checking out WoD pvp server on my fury warrior

'Storm Bolt'
'Hurls your weapon at an enemy, causing 3,422 physical damage and stunning for 4 seconds. Deals quadruple damage to targets permanently immune to stuns'

Mistweavers, I'm coming for that ass.

Hixx

T16 gloves off Celestial.

Bonus roll t16 legs
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah. I think they fucked up with that one.

It's necessary to stop this stagnation and having everyone breezing through raiding. LFR gear will still functionally be the exact same as it is now, except it doesn't have the tier bonus or artwork, thereby making it into the intended stepping stone instead of another place to get gear for raiders. Giving it the art and set bonus makes everyone do LFR way more than they should, and it becomes monotonous for heroic raiders, and removes the carrot from the stick for casuals.

Normal raiding is all flex mode now, it should be pretty easy to get into a 'real' raid though.

So checking out WoD pvp server on my fury warrior

'Storm Bolt'
'Hurls your weapon at an enemy, causing 3,422 physical damage and stunning for 4 seconds. Deals quadruple damage to targets permanently immune to stuns'

Mistweavers, I'm coming for that ass.

Mistweavers got stunned, but they became immune after the stun. Dematerialize also made it so you couldn't be hit by anything.

And they removed that last time I checked.

And purposefully using storm bolt on a full DR'd person for damage is dumb unless its for a kill. Ranged stun CC for warrior is amazing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I still can't believe in MoP they managed to turn cooking into a grind. Like as if the game didn't have enough grinds or something.

Haha yeah. It's a bit of a shame. I was fine with Fishing being the alt. profession grind but the Cooking saga made me a little sad. Granted I understand that it was to help undermine the Farm situation, but it's still a bit of a joke - especially after they boosted the shit out of Archaeology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom