• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
dat wotlk success

jj0BmgQ.png

Which is a shame because I still think Mists of Pandaria was better than Wrath of the Lich King.

I like to blame all the prepubescent Warcraft fans who grew up thinking that Arthas needed to pay for his shit in Lordaeron when Arthas was nothing more than a wanker who was born in to and "took" a crown.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They lost 3.2 millions of players since MoP launched? That's quite a lot, hopefully for them they won't lose another 3 millions in 2 years. :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Which is a shame because I still think Mists of Pandaria was better than Wrath of the Lich King.

I like to blame all the prepubescent Warcraft fans who grew up thinking that Arthas needed to pay for his shit in Lordaeron when Arthas was nothing more than a wanker who was born in to and "took" a crown.

Well it's super easy to make anyone you disagree with look dumb when you paint a crazy picture of them.

ICC was only one part of WotLK too. The entire theme and atmosphere of Northrend has yet to be replicated...especially by chinese stereotypes and just really intense Kung Fu Panda imagery.

ICC was only one part of WotLK too. The entire theme and atmosphere of Northrend has yet to be replicated...especially by chinese stereotypes and just really intense Kung Fu Panda imagery.

Disagree with everything you say about MoP. However, I will say that somehow in WotLK Blizz managed to figure out how to properly make cliffs and mountains...then just seemed to forget from every expac everything. HOW HARD IS IT NOT TO JUST PULL UP ON THE GROUND IN YOUR LEVEL EDITOR BLIZZ?! YOU NEED RIDGES AND CLIFF SIDES UGH.

RPGCrazied

Don't really mind no tier in LFR, but the gear that drops in the new LFR is really ugly. It looks like quest gear. Thank god for transmog I guess. I will run them once or twice then never again. Drop rate sucked in LFR anyway, so trying to get tier was annoying.

Didn't realize they lost 3.2 mil on MoP, wow.

Not surprised though, literally everyone I know whole played the game irl, and basically my whole old raiding guild (I loved that guild, rip) quit during it. (Makes me feel lonely ingame)

I guess MoP is the failure expansion.

Godan

Hey guys

Been looking at playing his game as I really want a MMO to play just now and nothing I find sticks. I played WoW about 5 years ago in which I got to whatever max level I could get to but I didn't play any expansions for it.

Is this game worth playing just now even when there is so much for me to do and I will be so far behind everyone?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Didn't realize they lost 3.2 mil on MoP, wow.

Not surprised though, literally everyone I know whole plays the game irl, and basically my whole old raiding guild (I loved that guild, rip) quit during it.

I guess MoP is the failure expansion.

I think people had a hangover from the shittyness of Cata/Dragon Soul.

It's kind of sad that for the third expansion in a row they're having the last tier raid content be the main content for close to a year. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think people had a hangover from the shittyness of Cata/Dragon Soul.

It's kind of sad that for the third expansion in a row they're having the last tier raid content be the main content for close to a year. :(

Yet, everytime, they keep seeing "wait and see, we'll improve our patch releases and release expansions faster".

Yeah I don't think people will believe them anymore if they say the same damn thing for the expansion following WoD.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Well it's super easy to make anyone you disagree with look dumb when you paint a crazy picture of them.

And yet Chinese stereotypes and Kung Fu Pandas were hardly the strength of Mists of Pandaria (I have a level 30ish Orc Monk and a level 12 Pandaren Warrior if that counts). If anything, the limelight of the expansion came from quests which were tied neatly together with little to no downtime and the overall progression of professions. Cooking, as I stated previously, was a shit but I'm willing to ignore that in light of not having to wade through other copious amounts of shit that was previously tied to earlier expansions.

I'm clearly no raider anymore, and PVP has taken a large step into the darkness with myself, but one can't deny that with Wrath of the Lich King came 2 out of 5 commentators pleading and hoping that ICC came sooner just so they could finally put Arthas in his place. And it's not as if I hate Wrath of the Lich King - I still think Borean Tundra was a zone that was incredible to level through (a spiritual version of Shimmering Flats and Nagrand, if you will) and that the entire zone of Dragonblight, as well as its default music, was the highlight of the expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, It's a really a shame that a lot of people were immediately "LOL KUNG-FU PANDA BLIZZARD SUCKS AMIRITE, FELLOW NERDS? HI-FIVE!" because Mists was absolutely a better xpac than Cataclysm in pretty much every way. Other than new races, Goblins are clearly the best post-launch race.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of hope Vol'Jin remains the warchief for the rest of WoW. He's had real solid character development throughout Cataclysm and Mists, and manages to be an interesting, badass dude without getting marysued' up the wazoo.

I started this week with 9 secrets. Ended with 11. FFFFUUUUUUUUUU. Really fucking over this shit. My sub runs out on the 15th. I hope the announcement on the 14th is good. Otherwise I think I'll be unsubbing until WoD. As always, RNG is what kills me and eventually has me quit the game. I realize RNG is just the nature of the beast but since my guild is dead and I'm running out of shit to do... I dunno. All this shit has me less and less interested in sticking around. I'm burnt out. I can only raid over and over and over again without wanting to kill myself. My server sucks, my guild is dead, and I don't want to pay 150 bucks to transfer my characters to a server with a working economy and some good guilds.

God dammit.

I kind of hope Vol'Jin remains the warchief for the rest of WoW. He's had real solid character development throughout Cataclysm and Mists, and manages to be an interesting, badass dude without getting marysued' up the wazoo.

I just hope it paves the way for having not everything involving the horde looking all orcy.

Nokterian

Holy shit. Man I'm super hyped for a boosted MC, I didn't join until TBC, so I never got to experience the "magic" of 40 man raids. Can't wait to see what else Blizzard has in store.

40 was insane in every raid. Talking to 40 people on teamspeak was hilarious.

M.D

So is there any GAF-Guild? Any Euro realm that a lot of gaffers play on?

Sorry for quoting and asking again so soon, but I want to finally use the 30 days that I got from buying that WoW pack years ago.. I just need some advice on what realm should I open my character on? plz? :<

Robin64

Sorry for quoting and asking again so soon, but I want to finally use the 30 days that I got from buying that WoW pack years ago.. I just need some advice on what realm should I open my character on? plz? :<

There isn't really a good realm for GAF, we're all split around different servers.

Anoregon

Hmmmmmmmm.

Wonder what this means for the release date of WoD, given that you have to be "max-level" to participate in the MC LFR.

Hmmmmmmm.

If WoD isn't out before the 10th anniversary I will straight up eat my own cock

The BG has only just been "finished" in the WoD files, so I expect it will be during that level 90 pre-expansion 6.0 period.

If that's the case, it would put us on track for a December release, trololo.

Note that Cataclysm released on December 7, 2010 (but the release date was announced October 4). MoP release date was announced July 25 (for Sept. 25 release.)

For the last two expansions they've had about a 2 month window from announcement to release. Going purely off that October 14 makes sense since it would be exactly 2 months after the Gamescon announcement. Which I guess would be okay, but then people would have to level all through Draenor to 100 since this anniversary stuff wouldn't be out till later in November.

RPGCrazied

Well, glad they included LFR for the mount. Doesn't seem like everyone will get it though, I'm sure it will still have an ilvl requirement. I hope its not that high, my highest is only 508. Never been to SoO, don't want to either. That would suck if it requires that you have items from that raid though.

Anoregon

Going purely off that October 14 makes sense since it would be exactly 2 months after the Gamescon announcement. Which I guess would be okay, but then people would have to level all through Draenor to 100 since this anniversary stuff wouldn't be out till later in November.

Les B Reel here, people need 1 week max to hit max level after a new xpac hits. Let's say WoD comes out exactly one month before anniversary stuff hits, that would be plenty of time for all but the most infrequent players to be 100 and ready to go.

I'll prepare a recipe now. How well done would you like your cock?

I like steak medium rare, but white meat needs to be at least medium.

RPGCrazied

And I recall MC taking hours to clear, man I want that mount, but I don't want to endure that all over again. Blizzard is mean.

Anoregon

And I recall MC taking hours to clear, man I want that mount, but I don't want to endure that all over again. Blizzard is mean.

I'm sure it is going to be a total cakewalk, don't worry.

Bizazedo

Just occurred to me that a lot of the people I played with 'fore breaking for medical reasons never got to experience vanilla WoW / Tarren Mill vs Southshore. I wonder what they'll think.

40 was insane in every raid. Talking to 40 people on teamspeak was hilarious.

Ain't no thing when you're an EQ vet and used to 72 / uncapped!

Magnus

It's like a 20-30 minute clear with one person now.

Whatever version they have planned is going to be a total cakewalk, akin to current LFR or even easier, being an anniversary event and all. I still expect the bosses in there will drop SoO LFR-tier level gear, and that (maybe Domo and) Rag will drop something 550-ish, like the Celestials.

Tier 2 lookalikes, no doubt, or lookalikes of other old classic gear (maybe if they're feeling generous, it'll be more XMoggable stuff that's either hard or impossible to get now, removed from the game, etc. like Benediction, Anathema, Rhok/Lok'delar, etc.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I know why Tarren vs SS is going to be limited time.

Imagine the ridiculous amount of honor you'll get from one game.

Peachpies

Well, glad they included LFR for the mount. Doesn't seem like everyone will get it though, I'm sure it will still have an ilvl requirement. I hope its not that high, my highest is only 508. Never been to SoO, don't want to either. That would suck if it requires that you have items from that raid though.
any ilevel requirement they put in would be quite low, and everyone will get the mount if you finish it.

Robin64

"As players earn honorable kills, they level up through the original honor system. The higher rank you are, the more points you're worth."

Nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom