• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Pretty great stuff for the anniversary. I can't wait for that mount.

I'm guessing it'll be limited to the event? Or is the new MC thing permanent?

But yeah, based on this stuff, launch is either Oct. 14 or 21, or December. Pick your poison. 6.0 might be October if nothing else, to give people time to adjust to the new 20-man raid size.

Robin64

CLASSIC RAIDING

endgamebo8sk7.jpg

strafer

they should enable vanilla talent calculator and old Orgrimmar.

wtfspec.jpg

level-16-orgrimmar.jpg

just for the anniversary :)'

I wanna stand on that bank roof again

Nokterian

they should enable vanilla talent calculator and old Orgrimmar.

wtfspec.jpg

level-16-orgrimmar.jpg

just for the anniversary :)'

I wanna stand on that bank roof again

Man, that old calculator was something all right. Trying to find the right balance or at least what works also putting in filler points. My warlock in TBC had a nuke build and it was only for raids not for solo farming it fucking sucked. My mana went dry in a few seconds had to do what everyone needed to do. Back to your trainer and do a other build..every single time. So mutch gold wasted.

Magnus

This is stupid. I'm playing this game so much again but with total randoms. WTB friends again.

Horde players, add me!

#budrickton1762

Scenarios, raids, 5mans, new toons, anything! I roll Alliance too on alts.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
But yeah, based on this stuff, launch is either Oct. 14 or 21, or December. Pick your poison. 6.0 might be October if nothing else, to give people time to adjust to the new 20-man raid size.

Betting on December. This way between the chopper and this they can milk 1-2 months of subs and resubs before launch and the inevitable bump.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope WoD doesn't reuse a model as much as the wind serpent. JFC, I think the worst part about MoP has been the lackluster mounts aside from a few exceptions (Skyscreamer, the Yak, CM Pheonixes, and the PVP mounts)

Robin64

I hope WoD doesn't reuse a model as much as the wind serpent. JFC, I think the worst part about MoP has been the lackluster mounts aside from a few exceptions (Skyscreamer, the Yak, CM Pheonixes, and the PVP mounts)

Get ready to love Clefthoofs and Elekks. So many of them in the mount journal already.

"As players earn honorable kills, they level up through the original honor system. The higher rank you are, the more points you're worth."

Nice touch.

Holy fuck. Could I possible get a knight rank with this and get that 60 transmog pvp gear? I stopped at Master Sargent.

Marven

No way, it'll be like the 'ranks' you get in Stonetalon Mountains. Temporary buff, soon as you zone out of the BG it'll go.

Yep, Holinka confirms that here. "It's a buff you get in that instance of the battleground. There's an achievement for getting max level, but nothing is permanent."

Jag

Crap. I'm going to resub for this. I loved, LOVED the old TM vs Southshore battles. Still remember some of the guys I fought with and against.

Sounds like November will be close to release anyway and I always resub a bit before the XP releases to work out the kinks and clean out my inventory of old gear.

Magnus

Just tried a few CMs in pick up groups. Without the right attitude, these groups fall apart so badly, so fast.

I fear the only way I'll get this shit now is by forking over 90k to a guild to carry me.

Ultratech

CLASSIC RAIDING

endgamebo8sk7.jpg

Needs one Hunter sitting there drinking after FDing. lol

Just tried a few CMs in pick up groups. Without the right attitude, these groups fall apart so badly, so fast.

I fear the only way I'll get this shit now is by forking over 90k to a guild to carry me.

Yeah, there's no way I could do CMs in a pickup group.

The few times I've tried have all ended pretty quickly because people think you can go in there and faceroll it then they die to random trash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MC will be a complete faceroll. There's no way they're going to add new 'mechanics', and there's no way they're going to put all this work tuning a limited time raid.

It's one thing to ask a guild or a 10 man pug to do a 'challenging' raid, but there's no way they'd ask 40 random people to do it.

M.D

There isn't really a good realm for GAF, we're all split around different servers.

That sucks.. would've been really cool if GAF had its own guild
I'm playing on The Maelstrom realm, if anyone is also playing there..

Anyway, I started a Worgen Druid and did all the quests that lead me to Stormwind city. It was a pretty cool quest with the Gilneas and everything.

I have a question regarding quests - I don't have to do the quests in the place I'm thrown right? I think people here told me where there are some interesting quests when I played on a trial account a while ago

Are there any recommended areas where there are good quests? I'm at the area around Stormwind and the quests I've taken seem pretty boring so far

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That sucks.. would've been really cool if GAF had its own guild
I'm playing on The Maelstrom realm, if anyone is also playing there..

Anyway, I started a Worgen Druid and did all the quests that lead me to Stormwind city. It was a pretty cool quest with the Gilneas and everything.

I have a question regarding quests - I don't have to do the quests in the place I'm thrown right? I think people here told me where there are some interesting quests when I played on a trial account a while ago

Are there any recommended areas where there are good quests? I'm at the area around Stormwind and the quests I've taken seem pretty boring so far

but Worgen quest line takes you to Darnassus not Stormwind. If you are doing quests around Stormwind, they are probably too low level for you anyway

witness

I'm fucking done with my paladin man. I've done so many LFRs on him the past few days and I've had all of one drop. I understand the odds are very much against you, but how am I supposed to get him geared up when I never get anything? Very frustrating, don't even want to play him again.

Played a bit of my hunter as well and had just a great time. Think I'm just going to concentrate on my hunter and DK for the time being as they are really my front runners for WoD main.

M.D

but Worgen quest line takes you to Darnassus not Stormwind. If you are doing quests around Stormwind, they are probably too low level for you anyway

Right.. I thought I was at Stormwind, got them confused..
I went out of the city to do some quests in an area with some guard.. now I'm trying to reach some other areas that are at my level, but I'm not sure how can I reach them since I can't fly there

fuzzyset

Holy shit. Man I'm super hyped for a boosted MC, I didn't join until TBC, so I never got to experience the "magic" of 40 man raids. Can't wait to see what else Blizzard has in store.

Temper those expectations. MC was a pretty terrible raid. Has a special place in my heart, but it's design is really really bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Temper those expectations. MC was a pretty terrible raid. Has a special place in my heart, but it's design is really really bad.

I reran it a ton near the end of Lich King to get Enchant:Spell Power and Healing books. Fun as hell to go in and run around.

Back in my raiding days though, so fucking boring yet we still did it every fucking time even after outgearing it. I have no idea why.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would kill to have the mage challenge mode transmog

or any of them really, but im playing my mage in WoD. I will never do any of them and it makes me sad :(

Salamando

Only challenge set I regret not getting is the Warlock set. But I don't have a warlock, so *shrug*. The sets for classes I do have are all too flamboyant for my tastes.

frontovik

Banned
CLASSIC RAIDING

endgamebo8sk7.jpg

I understood the references except for the Paladins..

That being said, Molten Core makes me feel nostalgic about the Classic days. I still have fond memories of the Ragnaros encounter with the guild. We cleared MC, Onyxia, AQ20, and ZG, but struggled with BWL :(

BearPawB

Banned
So far since I resubbed I:

Got Cloud Serpent flying,
Got the red flying disk
Did ICC 25 man heroic with a group finally got some fun tittles.
Got the black drake.
Leveled up Jewelcrafting finally.

Anyone have other recommendations?
Is it worth the time to get fishing/cooking/archeology up? (fishing is like 200, cooking is really low, archeology is in the 500s).

Are there any other pandaria reps worth getting up? I saw the one that gets you the 7000g cloud serpent. But I only have like 9000 gold right now so it doesn't really seem worth it.

I might try to get into some cata raid groups since i never did any of those....

But yeah, anything else i should waste my time doing? any other fun mounts to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom