• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Remove cursing could be a pain in certain fights. Your best bet, despite all of the HUNTARD LEWT jokes going around back then for minimum pain was Hunter.

Chromaggus when you were on decurse duty was the worst. Even with Decursive... would destroy your clicking finger! When they broke that AddOn in 2.0...

Mythic content won't be available cross-realm so it's all good.

Here's a breakdown of what the current dungeon level is called and what it will be in WoD

LFR -> LFR (Cross-realm, flexible raid size)
Flex -> Normal (Cross-realm. flexible raid size)
Normal -> Heroic (Cross-realm, flexible raid size)
Heroic -> Mythic (Single realm, 20 man raid size)

So yeah, GAF could definitely do LFR/Flex/Normal together for raids or just do DUngeons and such. There is a google doc in the OP with people's battletags.

Is the doc up to date?
I just jumped back in this week (after being gone for a few months) and started up on a random server by myself - again. This time just focusing on one (maybe two) classes instead of the usual 5 or 6.

If doc is up to date then I'll throw my name in the digital hat for some virtual friends in an imaginary world.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is the doc up to date?
I just jumped back in this week (after being gone for a few months) and started up on a random server by myself - again. This time just focusing on one (maybe two) classes instead of the usual 5 or 6.

If doc is up to date then I'll throw my name in the digital hat for some virtual friends in an imaginary world.

No idea - it's up to everyone here to keep their info up to date ;P

My edit didn't go through until people started replying again.

Anyone know a decent video that isn't ridiculously long that could bring me up to speed on the entire WoW story up to the end of SoO?

BearPawB

Banned
So wait. I can now group up with someone not even on my same server?

I downloaded that oQueue, which quickly got me into a celestials group. These people weren't even in my "battlegroup" (or w/e it is called)? Can I literally, temporarily, jump servers on a whim?

ampere

I guess I never added to that Google doc, went ahead and put my info up. Unfortunately I'm getting close to the battletag limit.. I think it's only 50?

We'll have to figure out a good way to do weekly GAF events, could be fun.

I downloaded that oQueue, which quickly got me into a celestials group. These people weren't even in my "battlegroup" (or w/e it is called)? Can I literally, temporarily, jump servers on a whim?

Yup. The only thing you can't do that for is the hardest raid difficulty (you can right now, but in 6.0 Mythic is merged-realm group only). So you can do Flex/Normal raids with anyone in your continent and faction. And questing... and PvP, etc

Added my info to the spreadsheet.
And for those too lazy - bemusedchunk#1555

Only level 31, but leveling fast. I've got a ton of 90's, but wanted to start fresh again.

This guy has a 41 minute video (not sure if that's too long for you) that goes over everything: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nobbel87

No, not at all. I was just hoping to keep it under 2-3 hours. Thank you.

Is there anything I'm missing when it comes to the in-game housing that is coming to WoD? Anyone think it'll be all it's cracked up to be?

Also wtf @ all the condensing of interrupts/stuns in PVP. It's a welcome change but I thought they'd never change something like that. Kinda what annoyed me about PVP was that it just always boiled down to playing wack-a-mole with stuns.

Fjordson

Yep. It's a pretty great addon. Especially for side stuff like Celestials, Ordos and the world bosses.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is there anything I'm missing when it comes to the in-game housing that is coming to WoD? Anyone think it'll be all it's cracked up to be?

It's a bit more than a house you get - you get an entire base! It looks pretty cool with the various plots of land you can use to put in different buildings. You can use them for benefits/advantages for professions, and have other fun buildings. For example you can have a stables where all your mounts will just hang out.

I haven't played in over 5-6 months, have they nerfed Garrosh at all more?

There haven't been 'nerfs' per se, but players have been buffed. The items that were introduced in 5.4 can now be upgraded by another 2 times (aka another 8 item levels) so you're getting a huge power growth from that when you factor in all your items.

I wonder if the carry I'm going to get is going to be worth it if WoD is coming out soon. I'm still thinking it's a good idea to be able to get into the pre patch 6.0 groups for heirlooms.

I've got to get on an active server. Jesus.

It's a bit more than a house you get - you get an entire base! It looks pretty cool with the various plots of land you can use to put in different buildings. You can use them for benefits/advantages for professions, and have other fun buildings. For example you can have a stables where all your mounts will just hang out.

Ohsnap.jpg

So they were doing special maintenance on Mal'Ganis today as they connected some other realms. Extended to 1 PST. But right now the realm is literally dead - disconnected completely since it doesn't show up in the server list anymore. *sigh*

psylah

I've been running around timeless isle, putting 1 hit on rares to loot them and finding moss-covered chests under trees, not killing anything. I've gotten about four epics. Is this how it goes, now? Everything is free? Zero-effort epics?

strafer

I've been running around timeless isle, putting 1 hit on rares to loot them and finding moss-covered chests under trees, not killing anything. I've gotten about four epics. Is this how it goes, now? Everything is free? Zero-effort epics?

No one is forcing you to do Timeless Isle.

Tamanon

Banned

Eh, Timeless Isle epics will get you into the current LFR, but you'll still be pretty weak.

There's over a 50 iLvl difference between timeless gear and my best-geared characters. And that difference is staggering. Timeless geared chars can barely kill anything, whereas my ~570, 580+ characters can take on 15+ 90 mobs at once. It's like 40-50% more health and more than twice the damage.

Edit: Apparently raid lockouts reset on Mal'Ganis due to the maintenance BS. GG, we have to reclear and won't get (much, if any) progression done this week.

Magnus

There's over a 50 iLvl difference between timeless gear and my best-geared characters. And that difference is staggering. Timeless geared chars can barely kill anything, whereas my ~570, 580+ characters can take on 15+ 90 mobs at once. It's like 40-50% more health and more than twice the damage.

Edit: Apparently raid lockouts reset on Mal'Ganis due to the maintenance BS. GG, we have to reclear and won't get (much, if any) progression done this week.

Fellow Mal'ganis! Which guild are you in? I'm looking for a new home on the server I think. Casual player (as far as timing/availability) with hardcore mentality when I do play.

Fellow Mal'ganis! Which guild are you in? I'm looking for a new home on the server I think. Casual player (as far as timing/availability) with hardcore mentality when I do play.

I'm in Seraph. Room for you as just casual member status if you're interested. Tons of people on usually with 5 heroic raid teams. PM if you really want to switch for more info.

Magnus

I'm in Seraph. Room for you as just casual member status if you're interested. Tons of people on usually with 5 heroic raid teams. PM if you really want to switch for more info.

Amazing. Looking for a new home for sure. When I returned last month, I discovered that the guild I was in (a friend's guild, Midnight) had retired till WoD. It's a ghost town now. Even the friend is gone.

strafer

woah

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/template_resource/Z5EDRREGHRLM1406310705908.pdf

guldanu0liw.jpg

M.D

Any tips on where to head next for 20-30? I'm 19 and starting the Malfurion quests now which I'm pretty sure will be my last in Darkshore

Worgen druid if that matters

Tamanon

Banned
Any tips on where to head next for 20-30? I'm 19 and starting the Malfurion quests now which I'm pretty sure will be my last in Darkshore

Worgen druid if that matters

Just head south to Ashenvale for 20-25, and Stonetalon Mountains for 25-30.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I hate when they do this, they always have these awesome stories they launch in a way that makes it seem like they don't want anyone to even see them.

I understand why since Blizzard games basically sell themselves, and Blizzcon is a thing, but their marketing really sucks.

For instance, what is this story? Where can I get more? Can I buy a real copy? Wheres the rest of it?

strafer

I hate when they do this, they always have these awesome stories they launch in a way that makes it seem like they don't want anyone to even see them.

I understand why since Blizzard games basically sell themselves, and Blizzcon is a thing, but their marketing really sucks.

For instance, what is this story? Where can I get more? Can I buy a real copy? Wheres the rest of it?

It's probably related to this.

Have patience! :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15...invited-to-a-warlords-world-premiere-8-4-2014

RPGCrazied

Free comic, cool.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15...rcraft-comic-guldan-and-the-stranger-8-7-2014

RPGCrazied

So is that comic suppose to be a prequel to WoD or what? After reading that the burning legion will make a return in some fashion? Or at least next expansion. I mean, they did say WoD's story will continue on in the next unannounced expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So is that comic suppose to be a prequel to WoD or what? After reading that the burning legion will make a return in some fashion? Or at least next expansion. I mean, they did say WoD's story will continue on in the next unannounced expansion.

Prequel, yeah. The comic is Garrosh showing up in past draenor and stopping Gul'Dan from kicking off the original timeline orc invasion from Warcraft 1.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Where'd they say that?

I've seen a lot of speculation, and the WoD Draenor map seems to have another southern continent on it that is supposedly the Ogre homeland, but I haven't seen Blizzard say that the next expansion will be any more related to the previous than how they normally are.

RPGCrazied

Where'd they say that?

I've seen a lot of speculation, and the WoD Draenor map seems to have another southern continent on it that is supposedly the Ogre homeland, but I haven't seen Blizzard say that the next expansion will be any more related to the previous than how they normally are.

Last years Blizzcon. I forget the exact words, but they stated this expansion would flow into the next one. When everyone at the time that was bitching about the time travel stuff.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
At this point I would be really, really surprised if this xpac doesn't lead to a major Legion xpac. I mean, I guess it's possible we will have gul'dan and all the demon stuff sorted out in the final raid tier, but that kind of seems like a waste.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guys..the post cata 1-60 level process is really, really fun...

It is.

So is 70-80

60-70 is fast...but not fun. I did half of it via pvp the last time I leveled a character though.

I might resub soon and if my server is dead pile all my good shit onto one character and switch servers to one that isn't dead, then relevel the whole crew. most of them aren't above 30.

Fjordson

So what's the big alliance server this day? I'm going to transfer off of my current one. I can't deal with it anymore.
For PvP servers, Sargeras, Darkspear and Kel'Thuzad are the big three. PvE? Stormrage (biggest alliance server overall). For RP, Moon Guard.

I'm on Sargeras and it's pretty great. Tons of activity, groups going for a variety of things 24/7. Last week I finished off the back half of Siege at like 2 AM server.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
At this point I would be really, really surprised if this xpac doesn't lead to a major Legion xpac. I mean, I guess it's possible we will have gul'dan and all the demon stuff sorted out in the final raid tier, but that kind of seems like a waste.

The direction the story is going hearing from people in the beta it sounds like the legion will play a pretty big role going forward, so it'll probably be during the expac.

We take care of like 4 or 5 'warlords' during the first patch so, they're running out of those guys quick.

Magnus

Guys..the post cata 1-60 level process is really, really fun...

My problem is that you effectively ding out of a zone before its quests and storylines finish, making it inefficient to stay in that zone if you want level-appropriate xp and rewards.

So you travel to a new zone and effectively only do the intro quests in each zone, which are usually among the most mundane of quest types.

I wish they'd normalize the xp gain from all zones in each 10-level range or something; that way, I could, for example, choose to do all of Redridge, or all of Hyjal or something, instead of the intro parts of each zone, and have no penalty.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My problem is that you effectively ding out of a zone before its quests and storylines finish, making it inefficient to stay in that zone if you want level-appropriate xp and rewards.

So you travel to a new zone and effectively only do the intro quests in each zone, which are usually among the most mundane of quest types.

I wish they'd normalize the xp gain from all zones in each 10-level range or something; that way, I could, for example, choose to do all of Redridge, or all of Hyjal or something, instead of the intro parts of each zone, and have no penalty.

This was really noticeable when doing refer a friend/heirloom leveling. Without it it's not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom