• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish there was a way to do somethign with those old 90s you never play other than love rocket farming for the holiday. Like.. let me trade that shit in for 40 levels on my alt or something. I'm NEVER going to use this DK again.

I really wish there was a way to do somethign with those old 90s you never play other than love rocket farming for the holiday. Like.. let me trade that shit in for 40 levels on my alt or something. I'm NEVER going to use this DK again.

I'm glad I never have that option to get a benefit from deleting a character. I can't count the times I've gone to old characters I never thought I'd use again. It would have royally sucked if I had deleted them. Especially characters dating back to vanilla.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Make LFR poorly itemized Legendary weapons for all I care. Let the people have their purps. They promised to take away free purps during Cata and it pissed a bunch of casuals right the hell off.

antonz

Latest Beta build has really tightened up the leveling experience. Quests flow a lot smoother and upto 94 so far there has been no sudden drop offs. Did areas in Gorond I never did before because it all actually links up now and says hey go out there.

The change to making Garrison level 3 require level 100 is horrible though. I tore down my barracks to put up a dwarven bunker so I could get the improved loot chance. So you basically get stuck with 1 large,1 Medium and 2 small for 10 levels then can upgrade.

Losing Level 4 Garrisons is probably what has them in the situation they are in. They want to space garrison building but at this point it seems spacing basically means rendering half the perks useless

mclem

My problem is that you effectively ding out of a zone before its quests and storylines finish, making it inefficient to stay in that zone if you want level-appropriate xp and rewards.

Well, I tend to adopt a "Fuck efficiency, I'm here to enjoy myself" attitude when that occurs :)

gaf, if someone buy as a "gift" a pet from us battle.net shop, and then gift it to an address playing in europe.. will the guy in europe be able to redeem it nonetheless?

CassSept

So in beta, it's easier to just run straight to Flame Leviathan and kill him without the vehicle

At which level?

Not really too surprising though. This is content from 3 expansions back. Vanilla bosses die in 1-2 seconds and TBC bosses in less than half a minute at 90.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At which level?

Not really too surprising though. This is content from 3 expansions back. Vanilla bosses die in 1-2 seconds and TBC bosses in less than half a minute at 90.

At 100

but the thing is the vehicle is supposed to scale. But the new raid 'buff' for legacy is so stupid that it beats it by a wide margin. Thorim is soloable in beta also, so that's in there

Tacitus_

At 100

but the thing is the vehicle is supposed to scale. But the new raid 'buff' for legacy is so stupid that it beats it by a wide margin. Thorim is soloable in beta also, so that's in there

Yeah, they said that they would make him not blow up the zone if there were no people in the arena. That said, it's possible to solo it now too with some luck as a warlock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, they said that they would make him not blow up the zone if there were no people in the arena. That said, it's possible to solo it now too with some luck as a warlock.

You can do it as a Shaman too, but it's a huge pain in the ass, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want you doing that.

However, I'm wondering if they're going to change Mimmiron. In beta, you still can't hit his head as melee. I can do ok with Ascendance on my Enhancement, but I can't imagine what a warrior does. Fixing to test Yogg and see how soloable he is (ie what the constrictors will do)

CassSept

You can do it as a Shaman too, but it's a huge pain in the ass, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want you doing that.

However, I'm wondering if they're going to change Mimmiron. In beta, you still can't hit his head as melee. I can do ok with Ascendance on my Enhancement, but I can't imagine what a warrior does. Fixing to test Yogg and see how soloable he is (ie what the constrictors will do)

When I was duo-ing Uldu10 with warrior friend as a rogue I just respecced into that stupid shuriken throw skill and cheesed him, the head really doesn't have much hp at all.

Tacitus_

Throw dagger for awesome DPS >_>

Soloing Hyjal was awful when those flying trash waves came :d

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

That is actually exactly what made me think of warriors struggle for that fight. I had to aggro the gargoyles then run backwards to pull them down to hit them.

Can't do that with mimm's head

Magnus

Well, I tend to adopt a "Fuck efficiency, I'm here to enjoy myself" attitude when that occurs :)

I hear you, haha.

That said, what are the greatest zones in WoW these days, when it comes to robust quest experiences with cool lore/gameplay payoffs (either in the final quest in a chain, or somewhere along the way?)

Obviously, it's gotten better throughout the years, with better and better quests and zones in each expansion, but Cata threw everything off for me. There's no real time to try out the full zone for every zone from 1-60. I'd love to be pointed to the best ones, though, and ensure my alts experience them.

Somehow, as I LFD my way up on an alt, I just seem to get some of the same dungeons ad nauseum. Stonecore. Violet Hold. Blackrock Caverns. Etc.

CassSept

why-would-you-do-that.jpg

Soloing Hyjal. Oh the pain. Worst raid ever and you solo it. Why. Whyyyyyyyy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
why-would-you-do-that.jpg

Soloing Hyjal. Oh the pain. Worst raid ever and you solo it. Why. Whyyyyyyyy.

Because T6 is cool for some classes, not like you have much choice but to do Hyjal in that case if you want it.

Plus, there is those badass fist weapons that drop there.

CassSept

Because T6 is cool for some classes, not like you have much choice but to do Hyjal in that case if you want it.

Plus, there is those badass fist weapons that drop there.

I knoow I knoow, but daaamn. I got shivers when I remember MH farm on rogue. Half a year, half a year of farm of this mind-numbing terrible raid. I can't even imagine how it must have been for those who did it any longer. I would break.

Tacitus_

I knoow I knoow, but daaamn. I got shivers when I remember MH farm on rogue. Half a year, half a year of farm of this mind-numbing terrible raid. I can't even imagine how it must have been for those who did it any longer. I would break.

Meh, it's not that bad when you go there now - provided you have a ranged attack >_>

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Meh, it's not that bad when you go there now - provided you have a ranged attack >_>

Which a rogue and warrior don't really have other than throwing some shitty dagger or a long cooldown skill like Heroic Throw. It's already bad enough on my ret paladin, but thankfully he got Judgement and Exorcism. :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we could have special signs in our names.

I want Straf'Dan
Apostrophe's and other punctuation marks I believe have never worked. In the beta (and on the PTR), the nearest you can use are certain Japanese and Chinese radicals. Some examples:

一
丨
丶
丿
乙 (乚)
亅
二
亠
人
儿

I have a character named 丶丶 on one of the beta servers.

Which a rogue and warrior don't really have other than throwing some shitty dagger or a long cooldown skill like Heroic Throw. It's already bad enough on my ret paladin, but thankfully he got Judgement and Exorcism. :p

Shuriken Throw does enough damage fast enough for old content. Warriors remain boned.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Combat Rogues are losing FoK in WoD too ,so that means Yogg won't be soloable for them either.

Hopefully they fix it, otherwise there was no point in making Thorim soloable.

Yesterday's maintenance on MG reset all my raid lockouts.

Yeah for a second soo and onyxia :D

It actually kinda fucked with different teams in my guild who were extending for progression (or just taking a couple days to do a clear). It reset again this morning as well when the realm was down.

I'm not really a fan of garrisons. I liked them a lot better when the idea was they'd be a base you can build up on the side, RP with, help a bit with profs or w/e. Now they've made them the focal point of the entire leveling experience, well integrated or not, it's all about getting things for your garrison, building outposts for your garrison, getting resources for your garrison. Meh. I don't care =/

Owensboro

Welp, I got weak and resubscribed after the MC announcement because I want to get my old, Vanilla Priest who ran it up to 90 and he's close to Panda content. Previously this year I leveled one character up to the 90 cap but then quit pretty quickly after when I couldn't find a good Guild or Raid and didn't want to grind rep for gear. What are some fun solo-ish things I could do over the next month of this sub either with my full 90, or with the character I'm leveling up to 90? I saw the note about leveling up Lorewalker Rep in less than an hour and plan on getting that done, but what else is there?

Also, a couple of pages back I saw this:

LFR is still in. Normal is the new Flex, Heroic is the new Normal, and Mythic is the new Heroic. They just got rid of Flex since all non-Mythic raids now have flexible raid sizes.

The only other noticeable change is you won't get tier gear in LFR. You get more generic gear. And mythic-level tier stuff has some extra flourish normal and heroic don't get.

As someone who basically just did solo crap in MoP, I have no idea what any of this means. Is there a quick place to read up on what Flex and LookingForRaid are/do? When you say "Heroic is the new Normal", does that apply to all dungeons (5-mans)? Or do you mean those settings in LFR? I'm so confused!

Magnus

Welp, I got weak and resubscribed after the MC announcement because I want to get my old, Vanilla Priest who ran it up to 90 and he's close to Panda content. Previously this year I leveled one character up to the 90 cap but then quit pretty quickly after when I couldn't find a good Guild or Raid and didn't want to grind rep for gear. What are some fun solo-ish things I could do over the next month of this sub either with my full 90, or with the character I'm leveling up to 90? I saw the note about leveling up Lorewalker Rep in less than an hour and plan on getting that done, but what else is there?

Also, a couple of pages back I saw this:

As someone who basically just did solo crap in MoP, I have no idea what any of this means. Is there a quick place to read up on what Flex and LookingForRaid are/do? When you say "Heroic is the new Normal", does that apply to all dungeons (5-mans)? Or do you mean those settings in LFR? I'm so confused!

5mans currently operate the way they used to: you've got Normals and Heroics, and a buff if you use the LFD tool to find group members to do either Normal or Heroic. This is staying the same in WoD as far as I know.

For raids, there are multiple difficulty tiers. I'll describe how it looks now, and then talk about what's changing in WoD:

LFR: 25man, chump difficulty. Many boss mechanics are removed or don't matter. Half the fights are reduced to tank and spanks. The LFR system tool builds these groups for you, though you can have a group join LFR together. These are gated by your current iLevel. All other difficulties aren't hard-gated; but group leaders for these harder difficulties will often bar entry to you based on your iLevel or achievements.
Flex: 10-25man, slightly easier than Normal. Boss mechanics matter again. Enemy health and some other mechanics scale with group numbers dynamically.
Normal: 10 or 25man. Normal difficulty.
Heroic: 10 or 25man. Hardest difficulty - some raid bosses only appear at this tier of raiding.

All of these are now available to raid with Cross-Realm raiding; that is, you can raid with anyone on your faction via BattleTag, RealID, or of course, on your server.

In WoD, because they're introducing the Flex scaling feature to all the difficulty levels except for Mythic, having a difficulty called "Flexible" itself is confusing. So here's what they're doing:

Current LFR difficulty will continue to exist and be called LFR difficulty - no change - will scale 10-25.
Current Flex difficulty will be called Normal difficulty. (thereby making 'normal' refer to something easier than it traditionally has) - will scale 10-25.
Current Normal difficulty will be called Heroic difficulty - will scale 10-25.
Current Heroic difficulty will be called Mythic difficulty - and will operate at one size: 20man. This is so Blizzard can fine-tune mechanics to a T for hardcore raiders without worrying about scaling fucking around with things.

Hope that clears things up!

http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/30/raid-design-evolution-and-warlords-of-draenor/

ampere

Combat Rogues are losing FoK in WoD too ,so that means Yogg won't be soloable for them either.

Hopefully they fix it, otherwise there was no point in making Thorim soloable.

Why would that make Yogg not soloable? I can't think of where you *have* to AoE. Just to make brain room quicker?

Combat will still have Blade Flurry and it can hit all targets within 10 yards or something.

lazygecko

Guys..the post cata 1-60 level process is really, really fun...

I think the old ones had some merits still. The post cata quests are often a lot more heavily scripted and restrictive about the pace of your questing (sometimes certain quests flat out won't give you any experience from killing the quest-related mobs). This is really taken to extremes in the goblin and worgen staring zones. They really, really drag out the road from level 1 to 12 with a bunch of artificial barriers mainly thanks to the heavy use of scripted scenes. Sure, it's amusing to go through them once, but after that doing them again is going to be such a damn chore. If I wanted another goblin or worgen, I would honestly rather start out with another race and then pay for a race change later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom