• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Why would that make Yogg not soloable? I can't think of where you *have* to AoE. Just to make brain room quicker?

Combat will still have Blade Flurry and it can hit all targets within 10 yards or something.

Maybe the grabber tentacles need AoE to down as a melee? I can't remember if you faced them or not while you were grabbed.

frequency

I like the gameplay of 1-60 questing but I hate the war setting they put it to. Horde vs Alliance is my least favourite part of the game. Having two factions and having them compete and even not being fond of each other is fine.

But the characters you meet along the way in the game are just racist and that's off putting.

lazygecko

Addon hunting right now. Is there any addon for buff displays like Satrina Buff Frames that is still up to date or at least still works correctly? That one has been abandoned for some time now and was extremly buggy the last time I tried using it. I liked SBF since I could have regular buff icons with timers, then have separate buff and debuff bar timers for certain things that I could isolate via a whitelist like trinket procs or stuns.

Hixx

Addon hunting right now. Is there any addon for buff displays like Satrina Buff Frames that is still up to date or at least still works correctly? That one has been abandoned for some time now and was extremly buggy the last time I tried using it. I liked SBF since I could have regular buff icons with timers, then have separate buff and debuff bar timers for certain things that I could isolate via a whitelist like trinket procs or stuns.

Could use needtoknow for the procs and stuff. It's very simple to use, though I'm not sure if you may need an add-on with more depth in its functions.

Tacitus_

I swear by TellMeWhen for tracking trinket procs & such.

M.D

Why do all the spells disappear when I switch to Moonkin form, but if I put them in any of the additional action bars do still show up? Any idea on how to solve this?

I just started the level 80 area from I guess cata... Please tell me the whole zone isn't underwater...

...yes. But you get a buff in literally the first 3 quests that lets you breath and move faster underwater. A little bit later you get a searhose mount. You don't have to go to Vash'jir though, you could've gone to Mount Hyjal.

Magnus

Friends, anyone have alts at or near 85 that want to do the 4.3 dungeons?

I always hate that when I level alts, I invariably end up skipping over the 5mans that were added in 3.3 and 4.3 - they offer xp via quests and a change of pace from all the other LFD dungeons on the way.

zerosum

...yes. But you get a buff in literally the first 3 quests that lets you breath and move faster underwater. A little bit later you get a searhose mount. You don't have to go to Vash'jir though, you could've gone to Mount Hyjal.

This really was one of the better "underwater" areas I've played.

I know most everyone hates underwater levels, but this one was made to be less aggravating than most I think. I mean, I'm running Hyjal/dungeons whenever I level other toons, but it was a tolerable change of pace the one time.

M.D

Alright... I'm completely lost right now

I did some quests in Ashenvale and crossed into Stonetalon Mountains looking for some quests, but I can't find any.
I walked through most of Stonetalon Mountains, but I can't find even one quest. Am I missing something? It seems like there's one quest from Ashenvale that leads you into Stonetalon Mountains, but I don't think you have to do it in order to open up all the other quests in that zone?

Neverfade

Alright... I'm completely lost right now

I did some quests in Ashenvale and crossed into Stonetalon Mountains looking for some quests, but I can't find any.
I walked through most of Stonetalon Mountains, but I can't find even one quest. Am I missing something? It seems like there's one quest from Ashenvale that leads you into Stonetalon Mountains, but I don't think you have to do it in order to open up all the other quests in that zone?

The first camp that the caravan drops you off at in ST has the quest that branches into others. Not sure if riding the caravan is a prerequisite but you should be able to easily pick it up at the big camp in Ashenvale.

ampere

Maybe the grabber tentacles need AoE to down as a melee? I can't remember if you faced them or not while you were grabbed.

Oh... you're right. I was soloing Yogg on a Monk so I'd just Spinning Crane Kick that, but yea I think you do need AoE for that.

I guess Rogues can swap specs for it anyway.

M.D

The first camp that the caravan

drops you off at in ST has the quest that branches into others. Not sure if riding the caravan is a prerequisite but you should be able to easily pick it up at the big camp in Ashenvale.

You could always go to a bulletin board in the main cities, it usually has quests for your levels in other area's/zones.

Thanks.
I had to take a few quests in Stardust that led me into ST. Too tired to actually do any ST quests now, I'll save them for tomorrow :p

Speaking of cities, where are all the people? I've been to Darnassus and Stormwind and I don't think I've seen that many people in either of them

I remember years ago when I played a trial account being in some Horde city that wad filled with tons of people

Darnassus is going to be a ghost town no matter what. But if you're not seeing that many people in Stormwind you're either a) On the wrong faction b) On a dead server c) All of the above

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly, most people are in the Shrine or on the Timeless Isle if they're not auctioning stuff. Otherwise, just Stormwind and Ironforge.

Honestly, most people are in the Shrine or on the Timeless Isle if they're not auctioning stuff. Otherwise, just Stormwind and Ironforge.

I would have mentioned Shrine but there's always tons of people in Org on Mal'Ganis. Though to be fair I spend a lot of time at the AH. Not much point in me hanging around shrine since there's nothing to do there, especially on my main who I mostly just log for daily CDs and raiding. My alt warlock is what I spend the most time on right now (AoE farming) besides my AH toons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My guild took over the undead capital back in the day.

Before then on my alliance days in vanilla I'd do all my business in Darnassus. Fucking ghost town even on a max pop server.

lazygecko

Here are the revised orc face options. Obviously not all of them are finished yet (at least I assume so). But you can tell from the existing ones that they're still really struggling with capturing the look of the originals.

newOrcMaleFaces.jpg

JSoup

Banned
Why do all the spells disappear when I switch to Moonkin form, but if I put them in any of the additional action bars do still show up? Any idea on how to solve this?

Each form has it's own bar. When you switch forms, you switch bars. You'll need to set your skills up for each form individually and they'll be remembered between switches.

Where'd they say that?

I've seen a lot of speculation, and the WoD Draenor map seems to have another southern continent on it that is supposedly the Ogre homeland, but I haven't seen Blizzard say that the next expansion will be any more related to the previous than how they normally are.

They said that on the blizzcon stream. Metzen said the story of WoD leads directly to the next expansion.

antonz

Noticed in Beta the Dwarven Bunker doesn't impact loot that much. Still falls to the rng god even with the claim of doubling chance for upgrade it still way low but what it does seem to impact is followers. Instead of just a bunch of green followers I have a ton of Rare and Epic versions of the usual greens from the bunker.

Don't know when you stopped playing, but I came back after missing most of wotlk, all of cata, and most of mop and have basically had no end of things to do.

I checked my account and I had purchased CATA and I can't remember ever playing it. I have a Paladin, Rogue & Warrior between 60-85, so I must have done something during that time.

I tried to return a few months ago, and even purchased the latest expansion, but I stopped playing after 7 days. However, I never really got going. I didn't know what to do.

Decided to resubscribe today after taking about a three year break. Which class would be the easiest/most fun to level from 1-90?
Easier anyone..
Personally i LOVE my warlock, dk, hunter, shaman,pally, etc..
Only char that has no love from me is mage... Can't get myself to like it..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I cant resub, battlenet wont take any of my cards...lolwhut? anyone had any issues with this lately?

Decided to resubscribe today after taking about a three year break. Which class would be the easiest/most fun to level from 1-90?
Warrior. Go prot, grab every quest you can, aggro all the mobs at once, kill, instant Tank dungeon queues, profit. Around 70-75ish pop Arms and start crushing thinks with skulls. Warriors are super-duper insanely fun to level. There's just no stopping the kill train with them. Leveling one was almost too easy, IMO.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was about to resub, but I'm going to wait until next week for the release date announcement. I'm not gonna bother subbing yet if it's December.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if Orhan will figure strongly in WoD
200px-Orhan_Ogreblade.jpg

She's the leader of the Stonemaul, she's a boss level NPC, and WoW really needs a strong female Orc character. Nobody likes Aggra.

witness

I second a warrior. I'm still in the middle if leveling mine but prot does crazy damage and you instantly get into dungeons. Tanking is also very very easy. If you want to play range though I recommend a hunter or warlock since your pet can tank all the damage.

M.D

I had just the journey of my life reaching Western Plaguelands... my hands hurt

now to look for some quests

Nokterian

This really was one of the better "underwater" areas I've played.

I know most everyone hates underwater levels, but this one was made to be less aggravating than most I think. I mean, I'm running Hyjal/dungeons whenever I level other toons, but it was a tolerable change of pace the one time.

i love Vash'jir so different and unique.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd say Hunter is overall the easiest class to level if you want to just quest. Warrior/Paladin if you want to LfD and instance. Especially Paladin as you can queue for all three.

Ultratech

i love Vash'jir so different and unique.

Yeah, Vash'jir isn't really all that bad, especially if you're ranged.

Now if you're melee, I can kinda understand why it might suck a bit.

There are a few annoying quests though, and fair number of them can bug out.
(Like one or two of the intro quests and one quest at the very end for Horde that's really buggy; took me three attempts to finish the quest because it kept bugging out.)

iirate

I'd say Hunter is overall the easiest class to level if you want to just quest. Warrior/Paladin if you want to LfD and instance. Especially Paladin as you can queue for all three.

It really depends on the player, too. I have never been able to click with hunter since the shift away from mana. I find feral druid, ele shaman, ww monk, ret pally all really easy and fun. Disc priest is more fun than shadow IMO, but was a complete blast back when Penance hit harder.

Nokterian

Yeah, Vash'jir isn't really all that bad, especially if you're ranged.

Now if you're melee, I can kinda understand why it might suck a bit.

There are a few annoying quests though, and fair number of them can bug out.
(Like one or two of the intro quests and one quest at the very end for Horde that's really buggy; took me three attempts to finish the quest because it kept bugging out.)

Played it on my Lock and DK but yeah the difference is noticeable between melee and ranged. But overall the swimspeed buff and later on the waterhorse made it more fun. The area is huuge loved the multilayer approach and quest design.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It really depends on the player, too. I have never been able to click with hunter since the shift away from mana. I find feral druid, ele shaman, ww monk, ret pally all really easy and fun. Disc priest is more fun than shadow IMO, but was a complete blast back when Penance hit harder.

I find Mage the most fun, having leveled three different ones to cap in three different expansions. I've since done all the other classes and going by how easy (not how fun) they are to level my list roughly goes like that.

Hell Mage is near the bottom with Rogue for ease because they only do DPS so slightly harder to queue and they're both squishy. Warlock is squishy but has a pet.

When you start getting up there and earning heirlooms and get an enchanter all set with twink enchantments/stockpiling good leveling supplies though any class becomes easier though and it's not like it's particularly hard now to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom