• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Played a bit again timeless isle yesterday with a guildie. Replaced nearly all my gear in less then a few hours of play with my death knight. Also bought some gear with my valor points and timeless isle coins. Having the timeless isle is pretty cool everyone saying ez epics yes but it's nice to have good gear to start raid finder or with your guild later with flex raiding for example just depends on what you do. I like it since i don't have a lot of time these days and this makes it more fun to me.

Dinjooh

I'm trying to do one of the first quests in Eastern Plaguelands, and there's this horde dude just sitting at the place killing alliance players and the mobs.. killed me twice already

he won't leave lol
what a jerk ><

Now you must go on your main, possibly bring a few friends, gank him, find his address and order him some pizzas, it's the only way.

shlmPsp.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
6.0 will hit with the Anniversary like a week after. 6.0 will be towards the end of October, maybe the middle. Anniversary will hit a few weeks before the actual anniversary, so I'm saying the first week of November.
The new models will be in with the pre-expansion patch, and Blizzard will do 50% off character services(maybe even more so people don't get too pissed about them not offering a free appearance change and this gives them a chance to make race change and faction change sales too.

WoD will be out the last week of November, as much as that hurts to say.

That's the way I see it. There's no way the LFR MC launches while they're launching WoD because most of the playerbase will still be trying to level.

lazygecko

Could use needtoknow for the procs and stuff. It's very simple to use, though I'm not sure if you may need an add-on with more depth in its functions.

That's procs out of the way. But what about customizing the regular buff icons? I prefer to keep them as icons with number timers rather than bars.

There's another lost addon I'm trying to locate. It would quickly flash a skill icon along with the remaining cooldown on the center of the screen if I try to use that ability while it's still on cooldown. I thought it was part of Doom Cooldown Pulse, but apparently not.

Tacitus_

That's procs out of the way. But what about customizing the regular buff icons? I prefer to keep them as icons with number timers rather than bars.

There's another lost addon I'm trying to locate. It would quickly flash a skill icon along with the remaining cooldown on the center of the screen if I try to use that ability while it's still on cooldown. I thought it was part of Doom Cooldown Pulse, but apparently not.

I don't even run a regular buff bar addon anymore, everything important is proc based and the regular buffs consolidate into a single buff icon by default.

And I'm not sure if your second question can be done anymore. I think Blizz made it so you can't hide and show icons in combat anymore.

I'm trying to do one of the first quests in Eastern Plaguelands, and there's this horde dude just sitting at the place killing alliance players and the mobs.. killed me twice already

he won't leave lol
what a jerk ><

Pretty much everywhere you'll see that. Funny enough though, doesn't happen in panda land nearly as often (guessing they're afraid of 90's and an actual pvp fight). Would love the option to port your main to the location you're being ganked.

4 more days until the release date get hyped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bought warlords today and used the boost on my...86 Pali >_> Probably a waste of a boost, but I did it mostly for the professions (I'm always broke and usually only have like 10k between all my characters) and to skip pandaria because I wanted to try some Pali healing before I get bored again.

Also, of all the classes I don't have at 90, I still don't see myself playing a warrior or rogue, hunter I want to one day start a new one because I haven't played hunter since they lost mana and I think its quite different these days since the last time I played mine (during trial of crusader in lich king), the only other I considered was my Druid, but like I said, I wanted to try some Pali healing right now, And I'm most likely playing my Mage in Warlords anyway.

So, first of all, the 90 boost. Getting epic flying and pandaria flying was a huge (and nice) surprise, especially since I'm always broke like I said. I was scared for a second when all my items were gone (I had like 2 full sets of timeless plate in my bags) but then I saw the mail icon and figured that's where my items were. It's nice that they give you a full set of gear for the spec you choose, it's actually high level enough to go straight into ToT. Not getting the recipes for the professions sucks tho.

On the Pali himself, I actually like the healing, it reminds me of vanilla Priest healing before they mutated priests into what they are today. I have no idea which talents are ideal, I'm using the big heal+hot that costs holy power (which I rarely used in the ToT I did because I was always using the aoe heal with the holy power), and I got the healing sphere thing from the last tier because I'm not a big fan of 1min cooldowns.

The only thing I don't like about Pali healing (or Pali in general) is it has too many cooldowns, and I hate healing cooldowns, I'm always trying to save them for the "oh shit" moment and end up not using them most if the time.

Edit: also any suggestions for glyphs? Holy glyphs seem completely useless :/

Alchemy

So tempted to pick up the expansion and roll a Priest, either BElf or NElf. Sort of want to wait for the new character models though.

Zareka

Hey WoWGAF, are there any GAF concentrated servers (EU), or are we all dotted around the place? I'm thinking of resubbing, and while I do have high level characters on one realm, I would be willing to start over on another if it meant getting in a guild with other GAFers.

Plus, I should probably play through the game again anyway. I haven't played properly in a few years so relearning the game would most likely be a great boon to me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey WoWGAF, are there any GAF concentrated servers (EU), or are we all dotted around the place? I'm thinking of resubbing, and while I do have high level characters on one realm, I would be willing to start over on another if it meant getting in a guild with other GAFers.

Plus, I should probably play through the game again anyway. I haven't played properly in a few years so relearning the game would most likely be a great boon to me.

Hi Zareka, there is no central gaf guild. There is a google doc in the OP though that has a list of battletags/regions.

aka_bueno

Is there like an easy way or website to pull data from my character to see which quests I have/haven't done for a certain zone?

Ran out of quests to do in one of the Outlands zone and I'm only at like 61/85 for the Loremaster achievement.

Neverfade

Is there like an easy way or website to pull data from my character to see which quests I have/haven't done for a certain zone?

Ran out of quests to do in one of the Outlands zone and I'm only at like 61/85 for the Loremaster achievement.

Let me guess: Blade's Edge?

Neverfade

That place is the asshole of Warcraft. Outlands is all around awful but Blade's Edge is just the creamy, shit filled center of questing.

Did you do the quests upon the shelf? There's some that also take you to the rise above Shattrath city with the ogre's and then back to BE. Huge pain in the ass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah yes. I totally forgot. Anyone on here ever organize challenge mode runs? Sort of want to give it a shot.

probably hard with people in different servers and whatnot.I would KILL to have the challenge mode sets :(

i had a dream about world of warcraft last night. is this the game trying to tell me to come back?

what's the cheapest i can get mist of pandara rightn ow?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Blizzard has a pretty nice business going on here -- so I'm getting back into playing more and more Hearthstone (amazing game for what it is) and that just makes me want to get back into WoW itself. I'm trying to resist, but I believe I will fail in resisting. :/

The plus side is that I have all the expansions, and I do want the Azeroth Chopper (along with the other things for the 10th Anniversary as well).

Kuntz

Sent you an invite, I have yet to play wow with gaffers, it could be great.
Right now the only thing I'm doing is playing the auction house.

If you see me online just say hi, I'm up for anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Trolls next week or week after.

He didn't specify males even though prior tweets were talking about males. Would be nice if we got to see both.

Zareka

Hi Zareka, there is no central gaf guild. There is a google doc in the OP though that has a list of battletags/regions.

Yeah, I saw that but figured there might be a designated server for anyone just joining or making new characters. But thank you anyway! I'll add my name to the list if I decide to resub. I look forward to possibly grouping with some GAFers! :)
Sent you an invite, I have yet to play wow with gaffers, it could be great.
Right now the only thing I'm doing is playing the auction house.

If you see me online just say hi, I'm up for anything.
Ah, what do you mean by invite? I'm not very familiar with how the social side of WoW works now, so I may be unaware of any new features they've added.

I'll definitely hit you up if I decide to resub, though!

Kuntz

Ah, what do you mean by invite? I'm not very familiar with how the social side of WoW works now, so I may be unaware of any new features they've added.

I'll definitely hit you up if I decide to resub, though!

That was just a Battle NET ID friend invite, but if you are eligible i can send you a scroll of resurrection

Haven't played in like a year and I'm back in it... on Lightning's Blade as an Ally... and then I found out its 1:3 horde t.t oh well.

Are there any cheese ways to do 80-90? or at the very least 85-90. I sorta don't wanna go through panda land quests again lol

Also, is Frost DK really top dps atm? I remember from when I last left ( before Siege) that DW Frost was sorta high up but now I'm seeing that 2H Frost is stronk as hell. Anyone else wanna chime in?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haven't played in like a year and I'm back in it... on Lightning's Blade as an Ally... and then I found out its 1:3 horde t.t oh well.

Are there any cheese ways to do 80-90? or at the very least 85-90. I sorta don't wanna go through panda land quests again lol

Also, is Frost DK really top dps atm? I remember from when I last left ( before Siege) that DW Frost was sorta high up but now I'm seeing that 2H Frost is stronk as hell. Anyone else wanna chime in?

Frost DK is nowhere near top dps. I assume you're looking at the 'average ilevel' charts on Noxxic.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So our raid lockouts got reset on Thursday when our server went down for maintenance. So last night we had to do a re-clear of everything. I'm actually impressed our raid was able to go back to 12/14H in one night, including a repeat kill of Blackfuse. So this week means we get to extend to work on/kill Paragons and then start Garrosh... yay!?

ampere

I'm sitting at 75 quests there and it is maddening.

Example, my old shaman: http://www.wowhead.com/list=2739762/us-eredar-ampere#4-quests

Tools->Profiler->Lookup Battle.net profile. Load you character and make sure it's up to date, and you can see what quests you have/haven't done on the quests tab. Super useful for doing Loremaster.

It's happening.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuuxoKUCUAAbCTO.jpg[/QUOTE]

I'm only at 222 (224 on my DK). I guess that goes up 3 in WoD since the Challenge Mode mounts become account wide. Maybe I'll make those Jewelcrafting and Engineering mounts to get ready

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah you caught me. Usually its shit but sometimes they're alright.

So who's top dog? Locks or Mages?

Locks are top in almost all parses. Feral Druids, Fire Mages, Enhancement Shaman, Combat Rogues, Fury Warriors, I've also heard Unholy DK are great at higher levels.

Most classes have a viable build for heroic raiding, but Destro Locks are the only class that heroc guilds will stack because they're that strong. And Havoc is incredibly useful for Garrosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom