• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man even months and months later, Siege LFR still isnt on roflstomp status?

finally cleared the first wing on the pali but yeesh at the second and especially third boss wipes o_O

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
man even months and months later, Siege LFR still isnt on roflstomp status?

finally cleared the first wing on the pali but yeesh at the second and especially third boss wipes o_O

Dont do LFR any days besides Tuesday and Wednesday

any time else youre asking for trouble.

Magnus

Care to share the details? ;)

I just looked for it and can't find it. Anyway you could link me to the youtube vid? I've been using TSM for this exact purpose but can't seem to manage to move any of my greens.

Here ya go! (oh, and Bisnic, re: Inscription, it's just hilarious how profitable it is without any ingenuity involved at all. I mean, all Glyphs end up remaining desirable, so unlike almost any other prof, crafts from level 1 to 600 stay in demand to one degree or another, and people pay a ton for them. Glyphs sell as high as 500g on my server sometimes, and there are no shortage of people hitting 90 on a busy server, or boosting to 90, so t there's always continuing demand)

Where's the list of awesome tmog greens? Fuck. For all I know, I DE'd one. Lol

First:

TradeSkillMaster (TSM). Addon modules + App. Learn it. Use it. Love it. Some tutorial vids that should help.

Second:

Phat Lewt's Transmog List. Import that into TSM and enjoy.

Also:

Wowuction. (Change to your server/faction under the resources tab.) You really want to log in with whatever and grab a key for the TSM app to get their data as well.

And:

Stormspire (forums) for further info/ideas.

That's primarily what I use.

Should give you a good overview of the process. Leaving out finer details since a) Would take too long to iterate, and b) Proprietary info yo! :p

And thanks again for this, CF.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Man... I know I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but there is actually a decent chance that I will virtually never have to do LFR in WoD thanks to the new raid structure. That thought fills me with joy.

witness

Anyone here catch heat from your s.o. in regards to playing?

From my wife I used to. So to appease her I try not to play for more than an hour a night during the week, but on weekends and we aren't doing anything, all bets are off. After I started doing that she's been fine. She does like it better than console gaming also because I'm not taking up the TV and WoW is far cheaper than being a console gamer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

The reasoning being all the good people either do it Wednesday to get it out of the way quickly, or Tuesday since it's the last day before the reset and they might have missed it?

Also, I forget where you can get pandaria JC recipes, I just need the special JC only ones for myself, I have another JC that can make everything if I need it, but I want my big gems damn it

Peachpies

The reasoning being all the good people either do it Wednesday to get it out of the way quickly, or Tuesday since it's the last day before the reset and they might have missed it?

Also, I forget where you can get pandaria JC recipes, I just need the special JC only ones for myself, I have another JC that can make everything if I need it, but I want my big gems damn it
The JC trainer for that is in Greenstone village in jade forest

I hope we get to fight kil'jaeden again, for real this time. I'm guessing next expansion though.

He'll get upgraded to having legs Ragnaros style.
I'm still itching to meet Mal'Ganis again.
If the next expansion isn't about those two guys + Wrathion wrecking shit I'll be very disappointed.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
cnKehRJ.png

Assuming this is on Tanaan Jungle, the big hill is probably where the Throne of Kil'jaeden was located.

Rhaknar

is Tanaan Jungle Draneor's version of Hellfire Peninsula (well, vice versa, but you know what I mean)?

RPGCrazied

He'll get upgraded to having legs Ragnaros style.
I'm still itching to meet Mal'Ganis again.
If the next expansion isn't about those two guys + Wrathion wrecking shit I'll be very disappointed.

You and me both. I thought(before WoD was announced), that is what this expansion was going to be about. I'm hoping they are just building it up in WoD to have another big invasion by the Legion in next expansion. If they don't, then yeah, will be beyond a disappoint.

M.D

In 8 levels you will want flying (250g), then to be able to fly in Northrend after it is 500g so make sure you have enough for those.

You'll get thousands going from 60-90 though, don't worry too much. Though eventually you will want epic flying (4200-5000g iirc).

I'm playing druid so I'll be getting flight form at 58, but good point ;p
My plan to sell those bronze bars doesn't seem to work so far, so it doesn't matter for now :(

How do you actually make money out of mining? what actually sells?

Also, why does blizzard take me to a trip around the galaxy every time I want to fly somewhere >.>

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Exactly. I guess if you're EU then your reset day is Wednesday so then Weds/Thurs are the days to do it. (Tuesday is the reset day for NA) Under absolutely no circumstances is the weekend a good time to do it.

JSoup

Banned
How do you actually make money out of mining? what actually sells? >

Farm full stacks of anything and sell them off competitively. People always need leveling mats, so low level stuff will sell easily, but for little gold, etc. I made pretty good gold selling Ghost Iron stacks to people who didn't want to farm it for themselves. I think I made a pretty penny selling Fel Iron as well. That stuff has a low spawn rate, so it's hardish to farm and expensive to sell.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Farm full stacks of anything and sell them off competitively. People always need leveling mats, so low level stuff will sell easily, but for little gold, etc. I made pretty good gold selling Ghost Iron stacks to people who didn't want to farm it for themselves. I think I made a pretty penny selling Fel Iron as well. That stuff has a low spawn rate, so it's hardish to farm and expensive to sell.

Don't do this.

This seems easy, but it's mind numbingly boring.

You can make the same amount of a ton more money buying ore, prospecting it and then using jewelcrafting/enchanting to make money out of it.

Ore is the baseline of everything else's price, and I'd wager the people selling the most ore are bots. If you need seed money to get your little pool started, by all means do that because the more 'seed' money you have to buy ore, the better since your rewards from prospecting average out better.

Rhaknar

Exactly. I guess if you're EU then your reset day is Wednesday so then Weds/Thurs are the days to do it. (Tuesday is the reset day for NA) Under absolutely no circumstances is the weekend a good time to do it.

Yeah EU here, managed to get a helm from sha of pride so I can at least do siege LFR without cheating by buying a 522 neck, queuing and then selling the neck to get the valor back :p

RPGCrazied

Looks like this is the new 250 mount achievement reward. They changed it, the emerald drake is going to come from something else, you can vote on mmo-champion. I hope its from a faction, something I can do on my own.

molnizzle

Is there a handy "catch up" post/guide for someone who hasn't played in a few years? I last played WoW around the end of WotLK. I just grabbed a 30-day card and it seems like the entire game is cross-realm now or something? Yet we still have servers. Also now there are Pokemon?

thx

Rhaknar

any good podcasts or videos about wow / warlords? I used to enjoy Legendary but I just tried to watch a few and the only person I still know / like is Olivia Grace, I dont know who this other dude is and I hate the host with a passion (always have but I use to tolerate him when it was with Lore and Tony). It also appears to be dead or on hiatus since the last one was back in april, I guess because gamebreaker is dying.

So, any suggestions?

Ultratech

Looking through the professions for WoD, I found out that Leatherworkers can finally craft a mount!
(Though it seems kinda funny; the thing you make is a harness, but the actual mount is a Tan Dire Wolf.)

Also managed to complete my Heroic T15 Hunter set for transmog earlier.
Very good looking with the blue and green colors.

Been wanting to finish the Heroic T15 Shaman set though.
Only need the Helm and Shoulders, but drop rates/rolls have been crappy.
Looks particularly good on a Troll.

Looks like this is the new 250 mount achievement reward. They changed it, the emerald drake is going to come from something else, you can vote on mmo-champion. I hope its from a faction, something I can do on my own.
This irritates me. The green fire hawk looks amazing but I will NEVER get 250 mounts. Ugh. I'm like at 120 and hit a wall.

scoobs

Are they redoing all the weapon and armor skins? Did I miss that announcement?

Nope this is the announcement.... if you can call it that. I'd imagine they will slowly update super popular transmog items over time to keep the character models and armor quality in-line with eachother

I'm assuming that 250 mount achievement isn't in the game until WoD? I was hoping they'd add something as I quit right after getting my 200 mounts and popping that achievement so this will give me something to strive for again. I'm sure WoD will add at least 25 mounts right away with more to come with later patches? Or even more at the start. How many did MoP add before patches? 30?

This is my Friday from work so I might resubscribe now. I was already thinking about it the past month but I should get back working on those mounts I don't have.

CassSept

I don't doubt that the cinematic will be technically great, but it's seriously going to be 3 minutes of content that everyone will watch just once (twice, maybe). WoD still seems seriously behind schedule, and kind of a clusterfuck.

But I still want to resub. +_+

Speak for yourself, I watched WotLK and MoP cinematics dozens of times, that moment when Chen dispels the mist to reveal Jade Forest still gives me chills :D

That means that the legion is already pretty heavily invested in the Orcs already, if Garrosh stops them literally right before they drink the blood.

I thought they drank it at the Temple of Karabor though?

Iirc there might be bit of a mess with that in the lore since location of some past events got switched between Hellfire Citadel and Black Temple as the time went on.

Zareka

Huh, apparently I had a 2nd (??) Mists trial to activate so I've went ahead and did that. Added my mains names to the google doc, but I want to reroll a priest on another server so I can refresh my memory of the game(no slots left on main server). What's the best EU server to reroll on, if anyone knows?

witness

any good podcasts or videos about wow / warlords? I used to enjoy Legendary but I just tried to watch a few and the only person I still know / like is Olivia Grace, I dont know who this other dude is and I hate the host with a passion (always have but I use to tolerate him when it was with Lore and Tony). It also appears to be dead or on hiatus since the last one was back in april, I guess because gamebreaker is dying.

So, any suggestions?

I enjoy the instance podcast and mike preachers (preach gaming) YouTube channel.

lazygecko

bulwarkHDC.jpg

It is just me or the old model looks better?

This perfectly demonstrates the issues I've had with the texturing styles since the "B team" took over. Rust and other worn out looking features are more or less fetishized. Can't remember the last time I saw a blade that was actually allowed to shine. Also compare the high res textures for the lvl60 PvP weapons from Garrosh and you'll notice that they just had to add a bunch of features like that.

lazygecko

What happened to caelNameplates? This was the most popular nameplate addon on wowinterface.com but for some reason it has been pulled. I've tried googling for a mirror but haven't found anything.

M.D

I'm definitely continuing with mining as one of my professions

I put on some bronze, silver and steel bars on the market.. I hope to see them sold when I get home

I'll look more into your suggestion, but its probably for higher level mining right? I started yesterday and got about 150 points iirc

Don't do this.

This seems easy, but it's mind numbingly boring.

You can make the same amount of a ton more money buying ore, prospecting it and then using jewelcrafting/enchanting to make money out of it.

Ore is the baseline of everything else's price, and I'd wager the people selling the most ore are bots. If you need seed money to get your little pool started, by all means do that because the more 'seed' money you have to buy ore, the better since your rewards from prospecting average out better.

I followed your suggestion about jewelcrafting and dropped engineering as my second profession (haven't done anything with it yet anyway)

I didn't know it was so goddamn expensive to level jewelcrafting tho ;p
bought some tigereye and that other stuff... goddamn expensive. I never used tigerseye so I didn't pick it up or didn't bet for it on dungeons... i've made a huge mistake

got some copper ore later and used prospecting, managed to get to 50 points or second level

does the big money come from prospecting? or is there gold in crafting items too?

also, wanted to share this..

I went to a store earlier to buy Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria
The guy said he didn't have Mists of Pandaria and that he'll order it from a different store, but he grabbed all the WoW related stuff he had and put it in-front of me, when I suddenly see this...

Is it common for these things to be at store so long before release? I don't know how much data is on the actual disk since I always downloaded the game

It definitely looked and felt real (plus wrapped in plastic) and also had a price tag on it
the Cataclysm package felt a lot heavier but I played around with this package and it wasn't empty or anything..

he had 3 of these (that I saw at least) and told me they were in the store for a while now (definitely not new = his words)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So beta skips Tanaan Jungle now? Weird.

The premade 90's have been skipping it for a few builds now, but if you copy a real 90 over and talk to Khadgar it should still drop you off in tanaan.

M.D

Did you buy it?

nah lol

I have to pay for MoP and WoD had a price tag of 239 shekels which is about $64.5
too much for me right now, I have to start paying for a subscription as well!

I'm not sure if I could technically buy it since he searched for it on their website (which is supposed to have everything that is in their store system) and couldn't even find it for a pre-order

not sure if he could make the transaction in case he tried

Tamanon

Banned
I assume the retail copies are basically so people can get the 90 boosts now. All it probably does is flag your account for Warlords of Draenor, since most of the stuff is patched in with the regular client.

So, yeah. After trying to level a few new toons I'm just sticking with my Enh Shammy, good or bad in WoD. Instead of running a few toons per xpac I will just flesh out all 3 specs with 1 guy. I don't have the time to put into multiple toons anymore so be it. I like my bro Orc. I like Enh. Wish they pruned a bit more garbage but Meh.

I also dislike how Storm ele is basically a ranged version of Wolves when you get down to it. Redundant, IMO. Wished that talent just buffed wolves so I don't get yet another button in my bar if I choose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom