• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like all shaman specs in general, but my biggest beef with WoD changes is how searing totem no longer has any synergy with enhance at all. I haven't liked the totem mechanic for years now, but at the searing totem mechanic for enhance (applying a dot that also increased lava lash damage) at least made it an important, fairly interesting part of the spec.

Now it's just a very minor source of dps that doesn't interact with the spec at all. Pretty lame. They need to completely overhaul/remove the totem system entirely, not just leave it in totally hamstrung with a handful of totems that are ever useful.

CassSept

It's real, I've seen it in pretty much every gaming section around here, Blizzard released a pre-purchase retail copy of Warlords of Draenor due to level boost a few months back. Cool for those who want to already get the boost and still have a retail copy to look nicely on the shelf.

It's lighter probably because instruction booklet is gone. MoP had the usual excuse of a manual most of the games have nowadays which is a shame, I loved manuals for earlier expansion packs :(

mclem

Is it common for these things to be at store so long before release? I don't know how much data is on the actual disk since I always downloaded the game

It definitely looked and felt real (plus wrapped in plastic) and also had a price tag on it
the Cataclysm package felt a lot heavier but I played around with this package and it wasn't empty or anything..

I've been hoping they'd do something like this with the actual retail package closer to release; I generally want to purchase the Collector's Editions, but that means I can't start at midnight on the day things open because the CE won't arrive until the following day.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This perfectly demonstrates the issues I've had with the texturing styles since the "B team" took over. Rust and other worn out looking features are more or less fetishized. Can't remember the last time I saw a blade that was actually allowed to shine. Also compare the high res textures for the lvl60 PvP weapons from Garrosh and you'll notice that they just had to add a bunch of features like that.

That's a weird complaint. If you use gear in combat, it's only normal that's it's going to look a little or very worn out instead of all clean and shiny.

And what the hell is "B" team anyway? What's the "A" team in Blizzard then? The one making Starcraft 2? The one making Diablo 3?

mclem

I wonder if Orhan will figure strongly in WoD
200px-Orhan_Ogreblade.jpg

She's the leader of the Stonemaul, she's a boss level NPC, and WoW really needs a strong female Orc character. Nobody likes Aggra.

Well, I think Garona has some potential in this era.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well, I think Garona has some potential in this era.

Well as of 6.0 she's still Gul'Dan's pawn on Draenor, and I think it is unlikely Blizz will bring in main universe Garona as they mentioned they don't want to be dealing with doppelgangers.

StMeph

And what the hell is "B" team anyway? What's the "A" team in Blizzard then? The one making Starcraft 2? The one making Diablo 3?

I don't think there's a strict A or B team either, but there were loads of people taken off of WoW and put on Titan/Unnamed MMO #2 since its inception.

lazygecko

The A team was the core team developing WoW from vanilla up to WotLK and the Ulduar content. The B team took over the mantle when the former jumped over to work on Titan instead. I think from ICC and onward you can notice a pretty clear shift in how the textures look on gear.

Boogdud

The A team was the core team developing WoW from vanilla up to WotLK and the Ulduar content. The B team took over the mantle when the former jumped over to work on Titan instead. I think from ICC and onward you can notice a pretty clear shift in how the textures look on gear.

Did they ever transition any of that talent back to WoW from Titan when it was scrapped? Or are they still trying to put something together? I've heard they both scrapped it, and that they're still working on it...

M.D

so just to make sure...

I'm currently playing MoP using the 10 days trial (got 4 left) and got a level 54 character

I just entered a code from an old battle chest I bought which gave me all the previous expansions up to MoP and 30 days of free game time

My hero from the MoP won't get deleted, right? I'll still be able to use it but won't have access to MoP content?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard has for whatever reason in build 18716 placed this nasty invisible wall around the lvl 100 area of Tanaan Jungle. As it is currently under No Man's Land, you either have to go there in ghost form or use Far Sight (this I haven't tried though). From what I have seen, not much has changed, but I assume something juicy could be hinding behind the barrier.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
grom... wow............. wow...............................

Anoregon

The visual quality of the grom image is obviously outstanding, but I don't know how I feel about his actual appearance. Weird beady little eyes.

Also on the high res pic you can notice some green stuff on Gorehowl's blade. Dat demon blood???

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I followed your suggestion about jewelcrafting and dropped engineering as my second profession (haven't done anything with it yet anyway)

I didn't know it was so goddamn expensive to level jewelcrafting tho ;p
bought some tigereye and that other stuff... goddamn expensive. I never used tigerseye so I didn't pick it up or didn't bet for it on dungeons... i've made a huge mistake

got some copper ore later and used prospecting, managed to get to 50 points or second level

does the big money come from prospecting? or is there gold in crafting items too?

You prospect the ore, get gems and cut the higher quality ones into gems that sell well, and then craft the green ones into rings/neck pieces and then disenchant them for the dust.

The trick is to buy ore at low price, and this obviously only applies for max level stuff since it's the most consistent seller.

Linkyn

I have to work on Thursday, but just realised that the stream is at 18:30 here. I was sure this was a Gamescom thing and I'd miss it.

There is a god.

Magnus

Any hope of beta keys still being sent out? I know it's late in the game, but damn. WTB. :(

--

JC used to be such a naked, obvious goldmine in BC/Wrath - I'd buy uncut gems, cut them (at no cost to me), and flip them for twice as much. It was rare to see uncuts selling for more than cut gems. Now, the reverse seems to be true, at least on Mal'ganis.

If only JCs had the ability to refashion cut gems into uncut gems.

What's the way to make money with JC? I'm high on how easy it is to make cash with Glyphs/Inscription now, and I have Alch, JC, Ench and Tailoring all at cap too and want to exploit them for oodles of gold as well!

--

Also, may I also chime in with how psyched I am for Thursday. GDAMN.

I really hope the retail codes for Level 90 boosts show up early to retailers in North America as well. The Euro ones were announced by Blizzard a month or two ago, and I was really hoping the program would go live here as well. Maybe we'll hear on Thursday!

There's no way I'm buying digital, fuck that. :( Want me physical CE.

Anoregon

I'm still really hopeful that the pattern holds and the xpac release is ~2 months after the release date announcement. November is pretty much off the table due to blizzcon and the anniversary event, so if it's not october than its December, and that is a big old sack of butts.

Best case scenario is Thursday is the announcement of October release date, 6.0 PTR goes up like next week, 6.0 goes live 3-4 weeks later, 6.0 lasts 4 weeks or so, WoD launches mid october. Everyone has a month to hit 100 for level 100 molten core, which is more than enough time for anyone who is playing the game at any pace other than the most casual.

BELIEVE.

Magnus

I'm still really hopeful that the pattern holds and the xpac release is ~2 months after the release date announcement. November is pretty much off the table due to blizzcon and the anniversary event, so if it's not october than its December, and that is a big old sack of butts.

Best case scenario is Thursday is the announcement of October release date, 6.0 PTR goes up like next week, 6.0 goes live 3-4 weeks later, 6.0 lasts 4 weeks or so, WoD launches mid october. Everyone has a month to hit 100 for level 100 molten core, which is more than enough time for anyone who is playing the game at any pace other than the most casual.

BELIEVE.

I hope, and wish.

I think December is increasingly likely, though. :(

Cata hit in Dec., no?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you get coins for extra rolls these days, I completely forget

M.D

You prospect the ore, get gems and cut the higher quality ones into gems that sell well, and then craft the green ones into rings/neck pieces and then disenchant them for the dust.

The trick is to buy ore at low price, and this obviously only applies for max level stuff since it's the most consistent seller.
What kind of ore are we talking about? And at what JC level can you cut gems?

Fjordson

That Grom pic is technically amazing, but his design is a little weird to me.

In other news, what's up with the live servers today? US ones have been borked all day.

Kintaco

That's a weird complaint. If you use gear in combat, it's only normal that's it's going to look a little or very worn out instead of all clean and shiny.

My issue with it, is that it doesn't look like worn metal. It looks like worn stone. Most of the plate armor from Cata and beyond looked like stone instead of metal to me.

vocab

and the lesser charms come from...?

I havent played since december, im sorry :/

Killing pretty much anything level 90 or pet battling. Best way to get them is kill rares, or aoe farm the level 90 mobs in the barrens. I wish they were account bound. my main has 700 of them which will take a year to even use them all.

Any hope of beta keys still being sent out? I know it's late in the game, but damn. WTB. :(

--

JC used to be such a naked, obvious goldmine in BC/Wrath - I'd buy uncut gems, cut them (at no cost to me), and flip them for twice as much. It was rare to see uncuts selling for more than cut gems. Now, the reverse seems to be true, at least on Mal'ganis.

If only JCs had the ability to refashion cut gems into uncut gems.

What's the way to make money with JC? I'm high on how easy it is to make cash with Glyphs/Inscription now, and I have Alch, JC, Ench and Tailoring all at cap too and want to exploit them for oodles of gold as well!

--

Also, may I also chime in with how psyched I am for Thursday. GDAMN.

I really hope the retail codes for Level 90 boosts show up early to retailers in North America as well. The Euro ones were announced by Blizzard a month or two ago, and I was really hoping the program would go live here as well. Maybe we'll hear on Thursday!

There's no way I'm buying digital, fuck that. :( Want me physical CE.

JC is extremely competitive right now and has at least a bot or two on the market driving prices down. I can still make a profit buying mats at the right time for the right price, but it can vary from something like 7g per gem to 60g - on the same cut. Very cutthroat - not something to enter right now.

Fjordson

I posted these in the PC SS thread, but I love this comparison ;D Blizz's zone modelers/artists and their tools have come a long way since the vanilla alpha.

Also posting for Rosti's benefit since he probably sees the Tanaan portal like the top pic on his comp =P
Holy shit! So that area is Draenor's equivalent of the dark portal area? Looks amazing! So much stuff on-screen.

I really need to get a new PC or laptop for WoD. I run the current game okay, but it's only like 40 FPS or so with a lot of settings turned down. Haven't been able to totally max out the game since Wrath =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom