• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So with all my CMs done, and I'll be getting my PVP mount tomorrow... I may be running out of things to do until the pre-launch event. I mean, I could raid more, but I really don't want to. Siege wore me out quicker than most raids. BGs are fun, but I don't know if that's enough to justify my monthly fee. And I could work on getting more gold but to what end?

JSoup

Banned
Don't do this.

This seems easy, but it's mind numbingly boring.

Your mileage my vary.
I've never had a problem with farming, just toss some music on in the background and go at it. Rather zen, you see. But it's not for everyone.

You are completely right about the money, though. You can make way more by processing it and making stuff (or just selling the processed ore directly, this is actually what I was referring to in my last post), but it comes down to your interest level.

Ultratech

Yep. Its decided. My priest is going to be a Troll male. They look bad ass. Imagine them in armor.

Troll = Master Race :D

Females in particular look much better than before.

Dunno about the warts though; maybe it's a possible customization option?

So with all my CMs done, and I'll be getting my PVP mount tomorrow... I may be running out of things to do until the pre-launch event. I mean, I could raid more, but I really don't want to. Siege wore me out quicker than most raids. BGs are fun, but I don't know if that's enough to justify my monthly fee. And I could work on getting more gold but to what end?

Take a break until WoD?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played a little of my mage earlier in the hopes LFR paragons would drop the tier pants for my 4piece bonus (didnt drop), forgot how much I love frost these days (mage was the character I was playing when I stopped back in december), just pretty much what I always wanted out of being a frost mage (Ice Lance has been my favorite spell since it was introduced).

It worries me that they are nerfing...well, changing ice lance, to make it so it does less dmg on frozen targets (or with the buff) but more dmg normally... the problem is, who the fuck uses ice lance without the buff, youre not going to fit a instant cast spell with no cooldown in your rotation anyway, so whats the point?

Still, it most likely reafirmed Mage as my Warlords main, unless I get back into a healing kick, which, while healing on the Pali has been surprisingly fun, I still think I want to go dps for the first time in 3 expansions

vocab

Frost is performing well in the beta. Also, I could totally see a bunch of healers quitting in WoD. It's very love it or hate it right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one thing that makes me not want to play my mage, and play some sort of hybrid (pali since im enjoying it, but probably my shaman or priest) is the new... "transforming" gear, just the thought of not needing multiple sets of gear makes me want to play a shaman or a priest for example (especially since hit is gone)

sidenote: friend of mine got the warlock green fire tome on his first kill the other day, did he get incredibly lucky or did they buff the drop rate?

RkOwnage

Man, still can't log in =[

Servers seem to be technically up, but I just get disconnected before loading in.

I'm having the same issue, Sargeras US also, I get to 90% and it crashes.

Edit: Someone on my friend's list plays on Sargeras and is online...so now I don't understand wtf is going on.

Sigh

Sigh..
I have most the "vanity" mounts the game can offer (invincibile, al'ar, etc)
But for some reason i can't get the deathcharger...
I've run the "old" stratholme countless time and the new one approx 1340 times spread among various chara..
Today i couldn't go to the sea (got a bad cut on the feet yesterday and can't risk getting it infected....)and i farmed baron..
Ran it 87 more times at no avail.. I must be cursed..

Rhaknar

Reminds me of early cata...where a bunch of them did quit!

whats the problem besides some (most?) instant spells becoming 1.5sec casts (which in itself is a huge problem dont get me wrong, or at least a huge change...hell most of the spells im using on the pali are instant, holy shock, eternal flame, the aoe one)

Fjordson

I'm having the same issue, Sargeras US also, I get to 90% and it crashes.

Edit: Someone on my friend's list plays on Sargeras and is online...so now I don't understand wtf is going on.

Sigh
Yeah, still going on for me. Damn. Servers totally blew up this morning I guess.

biaxident

Been getting the itch lately to jump back in... Might wait for WoD to hit officially but have a feeling its still late novemberish. Is there a summary of all the WoD changes in 1 spot or video? I've tried to keep up, but there's so much and I can't find it all together. And is the game right now worth getting back into for a player who got severely burnt out with endless dailies and LFR? (stopped before thunder king hit). Hearthstone and lore vids on wow have got my hyped again.

BearPawB

Banned
Been getting the itch lately to jump back in... Might wait for WoD to hit officially but have a feeling its still late novemberish. Is there a summary of all the WoD changes in 1 spot or video? I've tried to keep up, but there's so much and I can't find it all together. And is the game right now worth getting back into for a player who got severely burnt out with endless dailies and LFR? (stopped before thunder king hit). Hearthstone and lore vids on wow have got my hyped again.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

That is most of the highlights.

I just reupped recently and have been having a blast. Just don't get into grinds if you don't want to get into grinds. There is plenty of stuff to do

Fjordson

Since you haven't experienced Siege of Orgrimmar at all then it might not be a bad idea. There is some cool lore stuff going on right now I think and the raid itself is really well designed, filled with fun boss fights. Easily my favourite of the expansion. And you could get a shot at some 90-100 heirloom weapons for any toons you plan on leveling up in WoD (they drop off of the last boss in Siege).

If raiding sounds totally unappealing then it's tough to say. I have friends who are burnt out on that, but still play a lot because they love random shit like transmog runs, collecting mounts, pet battles, etc. but I dunno how into that side stuff you are.

biaxident

Since you haven't experienced Siege of Orgrimmar at all then it might not be a bad idea. There is some cool lore stuff going on right now I think and the raid itself is really well designed, filled with fun boss fights. Easily my favourite of the expansion. And you could get a shot at some 90-100 heirloom weapons for any toons you plan on leveling up in WoD (they drop off of the last boss in Siege).

If raiding sounds totally unappealing then it's tough to say. I have friends who are burnt out on that, but still play a lot because they love random shit like transmog runs, collecting mounts, pet battles, etc. but I dunno how into that side stuff you are.

I like raiding, and I'd like to experience the Siege sometime, so that should be cool. Didn't know heirlooms dropped off a boss, was thinking about just re-rolling on new server then realized I lose all my heirloom gear, unless they've added a way to mail across realm. Have they added that? I'm the type of player who enjoys raids casually, only been in one hardcore raiding guild when wrath hit. Love doing dungeons but always end up as tank or heals because I hate 45 min queue times. And also end up doing just random crap in game, so it sounds like I should have stuff to do. At the very least just level a few more classes up, think I have 2 90s while the rest are still at 80-85.

Robin64

There will be a Heirloom Tab in 6.1 that works like pets and mounts do now. Add them on one character and every character on the account can use them.

Red Comet

I like raiding, and I'd like to experience the Siege sometime, so that should be cool. Didn't know heirlooms dropped off a boss, was thinking about just re-rolling on new server then realized I lose all my heirloom gear, unless they've added a way to mail across realm. Have they added that? I'm the type of player who enjoys raids casually, only been in one hardcore raiding guild when wrath hit. Love doing dungeons but always end up as tank or heals because I hate 45 min queue times. And also end up doing just random crap in game, so it sounds like I should have stuff to do. At the very least just level a few more classes up, think I have 2 90s while the rest are still at 80-85.

I'm pretty sure they've added cross realm mail for boa stuff. I think you just need to add the realm name after your characters name.

lazygecko

I'm pretty sure they've added cross realm mail for boa stuff. I think you just need to add the realm name after your characters name.

Really? I've never seen an announcement for that. Whenever this is brought up the response has always been "It's something we want to do but it's a very complex issue we can't dedicate resources to atm".

Sigh..
I have most the "vanity" mounts the game can offer (invincibile, al'ar, etc)
But for some reason i can't get the deathcharger...
I've run the "old" stratholme countless time and the new one approx 1340 times spread among various chara..
Today i couldn't go to the sea (got a bad cut on the feet yesterday and can't risk getting it infected....)and i farmed baron..
Ran it 87 more times at no avail.. I must be cursed..

update... 102 run since yesterday morning... sighhhhhhh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's something weird about running BT with the Lock CM set on. It's like I'm wearing Illidan's skin. How horrifying.
update... 102 run since yesterday morning... sighhhhhhh

If you have a monk, I recommend using that. I can down that dungeon in under 3 minutes with a Monk with RJW talented.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rivendare mount is one of my favorites, just because my brother had been farming it forever, and the first day I bothered to try for it I got it in my third run. The mount itself is great, but fraternal trolling is priceless.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I fucking hate the new trolls... they're not cute at all :(

strafer

I beg to differ... my female troll is cute as hell :(

KCCbOMQ.jpg

Yeah

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yes because that's exactly what I look like

holy shit

There's something weird about running BT with the Lock CM set on. It's like I'm wearing Illidan's skin. How horrifying.

If you have a monk, I recommend using that. I can down that dungeon in under 3 minutes with a Monk with RJW talented.
I got the moun at my 111 run in two days.
Frankly it was more about repetitivness than speed.. I could go with druid 5(548 boom kim, 550 act), lock (567), dk (550 or 543), shammy (elem 558 or enh 550) and so on..
All of my char are either in fully upper lfr, flex, fully arena (550) or hero if gear... So the speed is not a problem.. Doing the same dungeon till you puke..

witness

I ended up getting my 553 pants off the celestials on my DK and hunter yesterday. Very happy about that. Though when I go to askmrrobot it's telling me my reforges incorrectly, it's taking away hit and it's saying it's somehow adding almost 1% to hit. I checked all the gemming and enchantments and I just don't see where it's getting this extra hit from when all it's telling me to do is reforge out of it. Whatever, I'll just figure it out on my own.

So I've eliminated my paladin, warlock, and shaman from WoD main consideration. That leaves just my DK and hunter. It's gonna be really hard to decide on one when I can't get into the beta though :(

Magnus

Is anyone going in person to the Cinematic Event tomorrow, who already has a beta key? This is me officially begging and pleading to grab a key there anyway for me? :) XOXO GAF

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I posted these in the PC SS thread, but I love this comparison ;D Blizz's zone modelers/artists and their tools have come a long way since the vanilla alpha.

Also posting for Rosti's benefit since he probably sees the Tanaan portal like the top pic on his comp =P
He he, it actually looks worse than that.

Anyway, not long until the cinematic and release date announcement now. Tomorrow's gonna be cray.

Magnus

Rösti;125207009 said:
He he, it actually looks worse than that.

:(

There are probably used/refurbished computers you can buy from schools or even craigslist etc. that are $150-200 or something that would play the game far better than what you see in that first screenshot. Worth it, if you play the game a lot? :(

My 2008 PC which handled Wrath alright is feeling way too long in the tooth. I can only get 40-60fps on low settings, and depending on what's happening (large environments, 25-40 player raids, etc.) anything from Good to Ultra can go from 45fps down to like, a slideshow.

I like to keep it at Fair or Good with Ultra View Distance to keep me happy.

I'm of the understanding though, that even with the biggest beast of a computer, you'd still have trouble maintaining a solid 60 at Ultra in a busy place like Shrine or a 40 player raid, just due to the nature of an MMO's tech back-end. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom