• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow. When the fuck did that happen?

SRSLY?

Disc is all about survivability, damage prevention, etc. You'd think that'd be king in pvp?

Ultimately, what I like about pvp is that it won't always come down to 1 on 1 duels; strategic thinking can let you get the jump on other players, or you can team with someone to take out 1 player. I imagine I'd be useful as a dpser's pocket healer.

Disc is the PVE spec mostly now, and Holy is mostly PVP. It's flipped from how it used to be. Absorbs are too good in raiding environments. Holy has better CC than Disc, which is all that arena's about in 5.4

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not sure if I actually want the CE, but I figured I might as well put in the order now, I have 3 months to cancel if I change my mind.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not sure if I actually want the CE, but I figured I might as well put in the order now, I have 3 months to cancel if I change my mind.

So what do you think? Grom as the end boss?

God I fucking hope not. I think he is more likely the boss of the 6.2 raid in Tanaan, which is where the main Iron Horde citadel is.

There is data mined dialogue that implies
our victories over the iron horde cause him to waver in his stance against demonic shit and Gul'Dan starts to worm his way in
and that could be interestign.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
november 13th huh? oh well, not shocking, just disapointing.

Salamando

So what do you think? Grom as the end boss?

Nah, too boring. Expecting someone from the Burning Legion in a hellish demon-controlled Alt-Azeroth. Figure that would fit into the "horde and alliance are strong because of each other" message from the end of the legendary questline, if we see how easily Demons best alt-Alliance.

RPGCrazied

I just hope since they didn't drink the blood, the legion part won't happen. Though I hope the legion gets pissed cause the deal was broke.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope since they didn't drink the blood, the legion part won't happen. Though I hope the legion gets pissed cause the deal was broke.
Well, the legion is present in Talador, with quite many forces, so they could certainly be pissed (well, more than they normally are).

If they offered a free faction change, but Alliance to Horde only (lol, I know), I wonder how many people would do it.

Pretty sure I'm turning my 2004 made human warlock main into an orc when I resub for WoD =X

lazygecko

If they offered a free faction change, but Alliance to Horde only (lol, I know), I wonder how many people would do it.

Pretty sure I'm turning my 2004 made human warlock main into an orc when I resub for WoD =X

I faction-changed my human male paladin into a female tauren. But now I'm honestly regretting it because I really didn't like how different the revamped female tauren faces are.

I'm anxious to see how improved the new human animations are going to be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Disc is the PVE spec mostly now, and Holy is mostly PVP. It's flipped from how it used to be. Absorbs are too good in raiding environments. Holy has better CC than Disc, which is all that arena's about in 5.4

Has arena ever been about something other than CC

Can someone break down what's going on in this cinematic? I JUST read up on the horde backstory yesterday and am confused.

Grom has red skin, meaning he's already drank demon's blood and had his soul cleansed. So why is he being asked to drink demon blood again? I thought he killed Mannoroth already? Is this just simply a past version or parallel version of Draenor?

Anoregon

I'd be willing to bet on Legion being the final boss of the expansion.

Or at the very least a demon-filled raid to take out Gul'Dan, leading to the next expansion that is Burning Legion 2: Electric Boogaloo.

WOD seems to completely ignore the Alliance =\

Most Draenei content in the history of WoW.

Can someone break down what's going on in this cinematic? I JUST read up on the horde backstory yesterday and am confused.

Grom has red skin, meaning he's already drank demon's blood and had his soul cleansed. So why is he being asked to drink demon blood again? I thought he killed Mannoroth already? Is this just simply a past version or parallel version of Draenor?

The answer to your last question is "yes", (the video starts with "35 years ago", after all)but that's not entirely correct. Grom has BROWN skin, not red. Brown is natural orc skin color before demon business, and this video takes place right before the orcs would have drank the blood for the first time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So with news of the release date and such - my guild isn't 100% sure if we are going to continue working on H Garrosh or what. :(

Tacitus_

He has brown skin, they got green skin after drinking it. It's a past version of a parallel Draenor. Garrosh got there with the help of a rogue Bronze dragon and he took those fucking spinners with him and told daddy not to drink the blood.

Or at the very least a demon-filled raid to take out Gul'Dan, leading to the next expansion that is Burning Legion 2: Electric Boogaloo.

im_ok_with_this.jpg

Wrong, green skin = corrupted, which only Gul'dan had done at that time. It is alternate timeline Draenor showing that event but Garrosh has made it so the path that we have seen in lore changes right at that moment.

No further corruption, Mannoroth fucking destroyed, Orcs forging their own path, one not led by the Burning Legion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thrall was knocked out dammit :p

By the way, doesn't Gul'dan gets off the hook too easily?

WoD spoilers

if by the "off the hook" you mean literally "chainged with hooks", then yes. He is chained up with Cho'Gal and other Shadow Council memebers powering up the Dark Portal

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

His skin isn't red, it's brown. (red is super corrupted, while green is just residual exposure to fel magic)

The burning legion basically has a personal vendetta against the draenei, so Kil'Jaeden appears to the top shaman as his deceased wife and tricks him into uniting the orcs, and leading them against the Draenei.

When he catches on to this being a ploy he tries to stop it, but is usurped by Gul'Dan (the creepy old one in the cinematic) and to solidify their hold on the orcs they try to get them to drink Mannoroths blood.

Garrosh went back in time 35 years and basically Back To The Future'd it and warned his dad about this blood pact, and that creates an alternate past that is now connected to the current timeline in the present, where things still happened like normal.

Basically we're being invaded by an alernate-past version of the orcs that invaded 30 years ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All baseless conjecture, but people seem to think the expansion after this one will be the Undead one with dealing with Sylvannas and Bolvar's Lich King-ness and all that junk. I don't even think we'll be raiding Orc stuff past the first tier, honestly. Surely, we'll be killing demons for most of WoD. It's very doubtful that each Warlord will get represented in a tier or even share a tier amongst each other past the first one. And I just don't see a Arrakoa raid tier happening with how much people hated Heart of Fear.

But who am I kidding, it'll be a Troll tier.

Tacitus_

WoD spoilers

if by the "off the hook" you mean literally "chainged with hooks", then yes. He is chained up with Cho'Gal and other Shadow Council memebers powering up the Dark Portal

That's like the third quest once you get to Draenor. And then you (as in your character) fucks everything up.

TheYanger

Never understood why people think WoD is 'about horde story' and alliance is just shafted. Everything related to the iron horde is totally unrelated to the ACTUAL horde, as much as it is distanced from the alliance. They're the bad guy, they share a visual with orcs but they're not any more related to them than they are to Varian Wrynn or whatever. Just makes no sense.

Never understood why people think WoD is 'about horde story' and alliance is just shafted. Everything related to the iron horde is totally unrelated to the ACTUAL horde, as much as it is distanced from the alliance. They're the bad guy, they share a visual with orcs but they're not any more related to them than they are to Varian Wrynn or whatever. Just makes no sense.

Iron HORDE isn't related to HORDE?

RPGCrazied

I'd be willing to bet on Legion being the final boss of the expansion.

Yeah, where the hell did he go? If you remember, we didn't kill him, but banish him back into the portal. He is still around.... somewhere.

sunwell-fullhighres.jpg

Anoregon

All baseless conjecture, but people seem to think the expansion after this one will be the Undead one with dealing with Sylvannas and Bolvar's Lich King-ness and all that junk. I don't even think we'll be raiding Orc stuff past the first tier, honestly. Surely, we'll be killing demons for most of WoD. It's very doubtful that each Warlord will get represented in a tier or even share a tier amongst each other past the first one. And I just don't see a Arrakoa raid tier happening with how much people hated Heart of Fear.

But who am I kidding, it'll be a Troll tier.

This is actually the first I've seen of anyone mentioning Undead/Sylvanas for post-WoD stuff.

Arokkoa is very unlikely just due to how the questlines play out in Spires
Their story is basically finished. We defend the arokkoa we come to know as evil/corrupted in Outland from the crazy uncorrupted zealots that are trying to wipe them out. We take out the heads of the zealot faction and destroy their doom weapon. This prevents the corrupted arokkoa from having to turn to super extreme evil shit to survive and they become our bros.

McNei1y

That cinematic was fantastic. I'm excited to get to see more of Grom. He was my favorite during WC3. It's pretty awesome that he killed Mannoroth this early.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I just get the feeling that the reasonable orcs of the iron horde will probably end up allying with the horde to counter the imbalance after SoO.

I mean, it's kinda hard to justify killing your future self, or your kids/grandkids.

Isn't there also 3 orc factions? The iron horde led by Grom, the present horde led by Vol'Jin, and then the other group led by Blackhand and full of the 'badguy' warlords?

I can't see Grom being a bad guy once his son is revealed to be a traitor and a coward by Thrall and Durotan.

I have 3 months to do a fuck ton of reading and catch up on all this. I'm loving this god damn story and am kicking myself for waiting 10 years to start giving a shit about it.

Anoregon

I just get the feeling that the reasonable orcs of the iron horde will probably end up allying with the horde to counter the imbalance after SoO.

I mean, it's kinda hard to justify killing your future self, or your kids/grandkids.

Isn't there also 3 orc factions? The iron horde led by Grom, the present horde led by Vol'Jin, and then the other group led by Blackhand and full of the 'badguy' warlords?

I can't see Grom being a bad guy once his son is revealed to be a traitor and a coward by Thrall and Durotan.

Grom's group and the Blackhand faction are the same group

Tacitus_

Some individuals break away from the Iron Horde. You can pick up a Gronn hunter from the Thunderlord clan and a blacksmith from (?) clan as your garrison followers. The hunter thinks the rest of them have lost honor while the blacksmith despises them copying his desings and making them with shitty metal.
Frostwolves and the Laughing Skull clan never join.

strafer

Grom already knew it was Garrosh. Those who's wondering.

This is what it says on the Iron Horde wiki.

Garrosh brought modern technology from the present day, courtesy of Blackfuse Company to arm the orcish clans of this parallel Draenor and unite them into a single faction: the Iron Horde, under the leadership of his father, Grommash. Garrosh is able to persuade his father not to drink Mannoroth's blood, but instead to prepare a technologically empowered army in order to ambush the pit lord Mannoroth, and overthrow the Burning Legion's efforts to enslave the orcs.

When Grommash refusal to drink Mannoroth's blood causes the pit lord to reveal himself, at Garrosh's signal the hidden Iron Horde bursts forth, firing ballistae and chains at Mannoroth. The mighty demon quickly countered their attempts to trap him and lay waste to the orc army, but was ultimately defeated by Grommash, leaping through the explosion from one of the orcs' iron stars to drive Gorehowl directly into the pit lord's forehead, the technology provided by Garrosh thus directly liberating the orcs from the Legion's plot and changing their destiny.

Anoregon

Some individuals break away from the Iron Horde. You can pick up a Gronn hunter from the Thunderlord clan and a blacksmith from (?) clan as your garrison followers. The hunter thinks the rest of them have lost honor while the blacksmith despises them copying his desings and making them with shitty metal.
Frostwolves and the Laughing Skull clan never join.

They are by far the best orc faction in the history of the franchise. They give no fucks at all about no united orc war machine, they just want to rek shit in gorgrond and have fun wearing their skull masks.

Tacitus_

He's also wearing the same rags in the cinematic as he was in the comic they released where he goes to meet Ner'Zhul (or fuck was it Gul'Dan, I always get those mixed) as the envoy of Hellscream.

They are by far the best orc faction in the history of the franchise. They give no fucks at all about no united orc war machine, they just want to rek shit in gorgrond and have fun wearing their skull masks.

Yeah, they are awesome. I posted some dialogue earlier from the fire chick who wants to burn everything down. And you get her as a follower too :D

Anoregon

what, you don't know what kulgarus is? lel noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom